Discontinued Inhalater XP

Inhalater

Manufacturer
As we have been waiting for components in the last week and a half, we lost a little ground. We have approx 20 people waiting for repair/replacements, some if which have been waiting for a very long time

We expect to resume production mid next week. Most of these units should be on their way by next friday.

Once we get on top, it is realistic to expect 2-3 days + travel time for repair/replacements.

Say another 3 weeks and we hope to have A1 support and service :-)

Last edited:
Inhalater,
Reactions: swoops

natural farmer

I've been away from this thread for quite a while, sometimes happens when you've got a vape that does what it's supposed to, you start using it and lose track of the thread. In addition to what's listed in my signature I've added an original DaVinci(love it) and have an Ascent and a Pinnacle Pro on the way but since receiving it, my Inhalator(v1) has been my favorite (strictly)portable vape.

I'd read the v2 was an improvement over the v1, (regarding the knob?) but felt there wasn't a performance upgrade to warrant the purchase of the v2 being I was satisfied with my v1.
But traveling soon and VAS creeps in cyclically, so I was looking at the current portable offerings in the field, I wondered if the v2 wasn't worth the look. Now I see word of a v3, cool!

It's a work day, so catching up will be slow going but is it as hiphiphooray questions, are the masses silent with contentment?
Can I ask a quick, "How's the performance difference between the v1 and the current v3?" while I start reading back?
TIA guys!

Better hold on to that INH 004 bro... Clean it well and take good care of it! The XP could be underwhelming if you have spent time with the original... I hope they still fix old INH's if they eventually crap out. :\
PNP's might actually be a better choice right now. My bro is still waiting for his second XP replacement and I really hope the latest ones are improved a bit although I don't see how with the current design... Sorry if I sound pessimistic...

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
Well, I just put my xp on a charge and when I came back into the room it was seriously emitting a cloud of smoke from around the usb port and was extremely hot to the touch. This all happened in a 5 minute time frame. I unplugged it and threw it outside. From what I've heard, these batts can be dangerous and explode. It totally melted the sticker, the usb port and who knows what else inside. The port is now floating around inside of the unit, everything sounds like it is loose and rattling around inside and the unit is unusable.

We have gone from poor vapor production to seriously dangerous circumstances. If I didn't come in and notice right away, I could have burnt my house down? How is this even possible? Wasn't the port issue supposedly totally resolved?

Edward Hyde

Yes agreed. We will freely upgrade units of the ones who desire to do so. All units delivered from now on will include an additional protection for this unlikely event.

keep it up inhalater... as soon as my backup vape arrives i will send in my xp for upgrade!

Edward Hyde,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
I really hope this was just an isolated event. I am in contact w/ inh and hope this all works itself out. When they get my unit, they might be able to diagnose problem and avoid it in the future.

Snake Plissken,

jonezen

Yes agreed. We will freely upgrade units of the ones who desire to do so. All units delivered from now on will include an additional protection for this unlikely event.

Grazi. After evaluating the defective unit, will you please post your findings, c'est à dire, describe the suspected cause and proposed modifications, if any? It seems the correct follow-up to this:

@Snake Plissken . Please contact us here so we may look more closely into the incident admin@inhalater.com

Prego.

Last edited:
jonezen,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
At this point, we beleive that the USB port which had been reported as suspicious came loose and shorted its electronic conection.

System is already equipped with a circuit breaker; we will add an additional fuse in the circuit line. Additionnal reenforcement to USB port will be implemented.

Inhalater,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
And to anyone saying I'm a bad poster, actually go back and look at the contributions I've made to the forum.
Where?

Well, I just put my xp on a charge and when I came back into the room it was seriously emitting a cloud of smoke from around the usb port and was extremely hot to the touch. This all happened in a 5 minute time frame. I unplugged it and threw it outside. From what I've heard, these batts can be dangerous and explode. It totally melted the sticker, the usb port and who knows what else inside. The port is now floating around inside of the unit, everything sounds like it is loose and rattling around inside and the unit is unusable.

We have gone from poor vapor production to seriously dangerous circumstances. If I didn't come in and notice right away, I could have burnt my house down? How is this even possible? Wasn't the port issue supposedly totally resolved?

It sounds to me like the USB port shorted, but that really does not make much sense because your computer or USB charger should have immediately tripped the overcurrent fuses and shut off. What did you have it plugged into? Right now I am thinking this is a two part failure between the XP for getting the short and the USB charger for not tripping the polyfuses.

A house fire wouldn't have happened; there just isn't enough power available at 5v to get that hot. It melted the sticker and the solder because those are relatively low in melting temperature. But it is not a safe situation, that is for sure. I don't know what caused the short, are you willing to open it up? Can it even be opened up now?

Last edited:
CentiZen,
Reactions: KidFated.

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
A short makes sense. It was plugged into an ac outlet. Like I said, this was only over a 5 min timeframe - but it was emitting a pretty solid stream of smoke that didn't look like it would have stopped if I didn't unplug the unit. I opened the lid to look inside but saw nothing that made sense to me. I didn't want to mess w/ inh ability to diagnose the problem by further damaging anything. I have sent the unit back and so far the interaction has been very professional. In between the cap and body (on the other side of usb port) was an exposed length of gold flat cable, I don't know if that is normal.

Now I'm worried about the charger as well. I only sent back the unit and would assume that is all they are replacing. Hopefully I'll get a replacement charger as well just in case it is problematic.

Snake Plissken,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
A short makes sense. It was plugged into an ac outlet. Like I said, this was only over a 5 min timeframe - but it was emitting a pretty solid stream of smoke that didn't look like it would have stopped if I didn't unplug the unit. I opened the lid to look inside but saw nothing that made sense to me. I didn't want to mess w/ inh ability to diagnose the problem by further damaging anything. I have sent the unit back and so far the interaction has been very professional. In between the cap and body (on the other side of usb port) was an exposed length of gold flat cable, I don't know if that is normal.

Now I'm worried about the charger as well. I only sent back the unit and would assume that is all they are replacing. Hopefully I'll get a replacement charger as well just in case it is problematic.

What did you have plugged into the AC outlet? Was it the XP charger or another brand? All of them should work, really; I'd just like to know what you were using when this happened.

CentiZen,

Edward Hyde

OK i've heard a lot of complaining about the taste of the inhalater so i've done some testing...with 0.15 g of bubblegum and using the pinnacle hydrotube and my xp from 3rd bacht and here is my results

i turn the xp on at 9 until it heats up and let it there for 5 seconds
i turn it back to 6,5 and start vaping with the hydro tube
first 10 hits were REALLY tastefull,light on the throat and really wispy when exhaling(the hydrotube got really milky when inhaling tho)
next 10 hits really tasty also but denser vapor and giving a really lung filling sensation (milking hydrotube and normal clouds)
then i turn it up to 8
15 hits followed which were a bit degraded in taste (not too much) but the vapor was really thick and pleasing giving a little tickle on the throat and blowing out dense clouds
then the flavor degraded pretty much and 8 hits followed which gave dense vapor
then i turn it up to 9 wich gave me 5 hits of degraded taste and not so pleasing in lung and throat manner

then I turned it off because i was at the point i wanted and even further i would say
all my hits were long steady draw from the hydrotube watching the bubbles appear like every half second and its hit was at least 8-10 second duration

peace

Edward Hyde,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
I was using the charger that came with the unit - the specs are way too small for me to read w/o tracking down a magnifying glass. There was nothing unusual about this charging session, same as always. I have always used ac to charge as some devices charge slower through the usb interface - I have no idea if this is the case w/ the xp or not. The unit was plugged into a power strip w/ surge protection.

Snake Plissken,

gosaints420

Hear is a quick comparison of the Inhalater XP vs Pinnacle Pro.

The XP's heat up time is much quicker but you have to control your draw speed which you don't have to do with the PnP. The PnP is a beast it will just keep producing clouds no matter how fast you draw.

Both batteries will get me through the day just fine but with the PnP I know when I'm getting low the XP will keep you guessing. Also with the PnP you can plug in and use while the battery is dead the XP will need to charge a while before you can use it plugged in.

The bullets are a little more trouble to deal with but they are easier to clean and will probably last longer.

Build quality of the PnP is obviously far better than the XP.

I haven't had to deal with Vaporblunts customer service but it can't possibly be worse than Inhalater.

I have been vaping with a few of my buddies using the XP for the last few months and they all enjoy it so I was eager to see what they thought of the PnP. Well they are all of the same opinion as me the PnP is just superior in vapor production and they all loved the fact they didn't have to control their draw speed.

Not sure what else to add to this but to me the winner is clearly the PnP.

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Just a little more patience. We are expecting to take care of replacement this comming friday.

Here are some counter arguments.

There is no need to think about draw speed or the flashing light once temperature is initially reached. Obviously all unit have temperature variation. If it doesn't appear it hidden with software

Battery last very long and charges quickly. It's very hard to run out of juice and it takes 15 min to get it back going if it ever happens
The convenience of micro USB make that there it cannot supply power for complete operation

Capsules are unbeatable for convenience. Price will be going down for no second though replacement

Little problems we have faced up to now are being actively taken care of. Everyone will get a perfectly built unit.

We cannot compress time. We are dedicated to our customers :t no one could make in better in the circumstances.

Inhalater,
Reactions: jonezen

Edward Hyde

Capsules are unbeatable for convenience. Price will be going down for no second though replacement

we hear that prices of capsules are going down from before it was launched + when the early adopters had problems with 2 first generations (almost all units from 2 first generations were not funcioning) you said we would be getting 5 extra capsules each...i got 2 units replaced and there was only one capsule for each the one that was inside it...

So I decided to keep my XP and I'm pretty sure it's broken :( . I'll update more once I play with it and know for sure.

VapeNStone,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
Hear is a quick comparison of the Inhalater XP vs Pinnacle Pro.

The XP's heat up time is much quicker but you have to control your draw speed which you don't have to do with the PnP. The PnP is a beast it will just keep producing clouds no matter how fast you draw.

Both batteries will get me through the day just fine but with the PnP I know when I'm getting low the XP will keep you guessing. Also with the PnP you can plug in and use while the battery is dead the XP will need to charge a while before you can use it plugged in.

The bullets are a little more trouble to deal with but they are easier to clean and will probably last longer.

I haven't had to deal with Vaporblunts customer service but it can't possibly be worse than Inhalater.

I have been vaping with a few of my buddies using the XP for the last few months and they all enjoy it so I was eager to see what they thought of the PnP. Well they are all of the same opinion as me the PnP is just superior in vapor production and they all loved the fact they didn't have to control their draw speed.

You forgot to add that the Pinnacle Pro is less expensive.

Old School

Vape13man

If I remember correctly you had one of the beasts {Q2 2013} I'm very surprised to hear you say the PNP vapor production was better than your Q2 able to get good vapor on #2 & #3......this is encouraging news.... I've seen a few video's but it didn't look like it was as impressive as the older Q2 XP IMO .... I might be confusing you with Clicker2.....can you confirm what version you had..?

As far as the PNP support entity....I had a problem with my 1st VaporBlunt 2.0 {stuck in sleep mode} and they sent me a brand new unit not an obviously hacked up replacement that didn't quite last 4 weeks before it's untimely death...... No I don't believe you will have any worries or concerns when dealing with the PNP support folks....I've also been reading their PNP thread and it sounds as though everyone is very happy with the support model over there......

I hoping at this point for a refund so I can purchase a serious vapor producing device....I have my eye on the Cloud EVO and now the PNP.....obviously the PNP fits the portability aspect but that Cloud EVO looks and sounds amazing and the thread is just jumping with excitement and very happy customers...

Old School,

jonezen

Two questions:
1) The switch beneath the dial at the base my Inhalater XP ver. Q3 is starting to go due to a loose connection. Sometimes it turns on and sometimes it doesn't, though tapping it from below has worked a few times. I purchased the XP on 10/15/13, so it did last a full month before it came loose. Can admin@inhalater please post instructions for repairing it, or if that's not recommended or would void the warranty, please specify other options.
2) How do you post a picture to this forum if it lives locally and not at some URL address?
Thank you.
-Jonezen

jonezen,

Sonics420

Two questions:
1) The switch beneath the dial at the base my Inhalater XP ver. Q3 is starting to go due to a loose connection. Sometimes it turns on and sometimes it doesn't, though tapping it from below has worked a few times. I purchased the XP on 10/15/13, so it did last a full month before it came loose. Can admin@inhalater please post instructions for repairing it, or if that's not recommended or would void the warranty, please specify other options.
2) How do you post a picture to this forum if it lives locally and not at some URL address?
Thank you.
-Jonezen
1. You will need to get a replacement, this happened to my 2nd XP and a week-2 later it was completely toast with no LED on at all.
2. You will need to upload it, imgur.com is pretty straight forward.. browse pic on your computer, upload and it will give you a URL to use.

Sonics420,
Top Bottom