Discontinued Inhalater XP

jonezen

1. You will need to get a replacement, this happened to my 2nd XP and a week-2 later it was completely toast with no LED on at all.
2. You will need to upload it, imgur.com is pretty straight forward.. browse pic on your computer, upload and it will give you a URL to use.

Thanks Sonic420. I hope it won't come to having to send it back for repair given the extensive wait times. I thought that admin@inhalater had posted instructions for how to repair this somewhere on this forum, but if I do attempt to repair it, I just want to make sure I won't be voiding the warranty. What was your experience? Did you send yours back and receive an acceptable replacement, or are you still waiting?
I might try and wait until Pharmacor releases their next model, which will hopefully resolve several performance-related issues with the Q3 edition...without introducing unexpected new ones.

As for uploading images, can you describe how you do it? The image icon I see above only offers an option to submit a URL. Are you stating that I need to exit this website, upload images to another site like imgur.com, and then grab the URL from there?

Thanks!

-Jonezen

jonezen,

gosaints420

If I remember correctly you had one of the beasts {Q2 2013} I'm very surprised to hear you say the PNP vapor production was better than your Q2 able to get good vapor on #2 & #3......this is encouraging news.... I've seen a few video's but it didn't look like it was as impressive as the older Q2 XP IMO .... I might be confusing you with Clicker2.....can you confirm what version you had..?

As far as the PNP support entity....I had a problem with my 1st VaporBlunt 2.0 {stuck in sleep mode} and they sent me a brand new unit not an obviously hacked up replacement that didn't quite last 4 weeks before it's untimely death...... No I don't believe you will have any worries or concerns when dealing with the PNP support folks....I've also been reading their PNP thread and it sounds as though everyone is very happy with the support model over there......

I hoping at this point for a refund so I can purchase a serious vapor producing device....I have my eye on the Cloud EVO and now the PNP.....obviously the PNP fits the portability aspect but that Cloud EVO looks and sounds amazing and the thread is just jumping with excitement and very happy customers...

Q2 beast mode XP but I need to add to my review.

After further testing it seems the XP does outperform the PNP when I'm hitting it by myself and it gets time in between hits. Actually blows it away my Ion Matrix get's so thick I can't see through it and I just can't seem to get that with the PNP no matter what I try. Now when I'm sharing the PNP is much better at maintaining temperature which leads to better hits for everyone. I also I like the precise temperature control of the XP much better. The PNP on 2 starts to taste pretty bad at the end.

So now I'm thinking it is much closer of a battle and if it wasn't for all the build quality and customer service issues I'd be leaning to the XP.

Sonics420

Thanks Sonic420. I hope it won't come to having to send it back for repair given the extensive wait times. I thought that admin@inhalater had posted instructions for how to repair this somewhere on this forum, but if I do attempt to repair it, I just want to make sure I won't be voiding the warranty. What was your experience? Did you send yours back and receive an acceptable replacement, or are you still waiting?
I might try and wait until Pharmacor releases their next model, which will hopefully resolve several performance-related issues with the Q3 edition...without introducing unexpected new ones.

As for uploading images, can you describe how you do it? The image icon I see above only offers an option to submit a URL. Are you stating that I need to exit this website, upload images to another site like imgur.com, and then grab the URL from there?

Thanks!

-Jonezen
Its probably best to send it in. I am not sure how long the wait times are now but I had terrible experience getting a replacement. That's a whole different topic tho, I just say good luck that is all lol.

As for uploading, yes you go to imgur.com and get the uploaded picctures URL from there and then insert it into the image URL on this forum.

Sonics420,

jonezen

Its probably best to send it in. I am not sure how long the wait times are now but I had terrible experience getting a replacement. That's a whole different topic tho, I just say good luck that is all lol.

As for uploading, yes you go to imgur.com and get the uploaded pictures URL from there and then insert it into the image URL on this forum.

Great, thanks for these helpful tips.

@admin@inhalater, as of today, any idea as to how long it might take to ship out a replacement for a month-old unit with a loose connection between the on/off/temperature dial and the heating element?
I only just started experiencing this unfortunate issue two days ago, but it's already getting progressively worse, and I can foresee it won't be long before the vaporizer stops powering on altogether.

I'd honestly prefer waiting for a replacement until after most of the build issues that have affected this unit are resolved in a future production batch. Thanks for indicating how long this might take.

In the meantime, if there is something I can do to attempt a repair of the unit, will you please describe the steps to follow? If it's a simple repair, I can probably do it myself, though I definitely don't want to damage it further or mess up the unit's appearance. That's why I need your help.

Finally, if I make a good-faith attempt to repair this myself, I want to be sure not to void Pharmacor's warranty. My goal is simple: I want to be able to continue using my Inhalater 0004 XP (Q3) for its intended use, while avoiding the hassles that @Sonic420 (along with several other folks) experienced after they sent their units in for replacement. I don't wish to wait a long time only to have it replaced with a similar unit that could end up failing the same way as this one did after only a few short weeks.

Thanks for letting me know when you believe a more trustworthy batch might be ready for shipment so that I can return it to Pharmacor then. However, can you please issue an RMA# now so that I don't lose my place in line?

Inhalater

Manufacturer
New units are being produced. Quality of electronics has significantly upgraded. Total count of units in wait of replacement is approx 30. 15 units should be sent out the 22 november. All replacements should be operated by the 29 of november.

jonezen

Just a little more patience. We are expecting to take care of replacement this comming friday. There is no need to think about draw speed or the flashing light once temperature is initially reached. Obviously all unit have temperature variation. If it doesn't appear it hidden with software.

Just an idea: when designing the next prototype, the temperature reading need not be quite so sensitive. When within a range of say from 5-10 degrees of the selected setting, if it still heats up or cools down to within that range, the flashing temperature light is not necessary, and actually becomes a distraction that appears to highlight and remind every user of what could only be perceived as a weakness, that is, the Inhalater's inability to maintain a constant temperature. The LED can stay, but it should fluctuate less. Integrating a battery level light makes sense if it can be checked with a switch or a gesture so that the unit doesn't have to waste any energy on a constant battery light.

New units are being produced. Quality of electronics has significantly upgraded. Total count of units in wait of replacement is approx 30. 15 units should be sent out the 22 november. All replacements should be operated by the 29 of november.

Are replacements going to be made with new units, or will the XP's from Q3 be repaired? If replacement will be with new units, would it be too late to send mine in in time for replacement by 11/29? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
jonezen,

Old School

Vape13man
Just an idea: when designing the next prototype, the temperature reading need not be quite so sensitive. When within a range of say from 5-10 degrees of the selected setting, if it still heats up or cools down to within that range, the flashing temperature light is not necessary, and actually becomes a distraction that appears to highlight and remind every user of what could only be perceived as a weakness, that is, the Inhalater's inability to maintain a constant temperature. The LED can stay, but it should fluctuate less. Integrating a battery level light makes sense if it can be checked with a switch or a gesture so that the unit doesn't have to waste any energy on a constant battery light.
IMO the flashing of the LED was extremely helpful with brand new vaporist's....I found it gave you a very quick reference that you needed to slow your draw just a bit....but again that was my Q2's behavior the 1 replacement I did receive that reached just beyond the 30 day maker....did behave much differently and I too began to feel it was not as useful anymore......it seemed as though I could draw really hard before the light would flash but in reality that was a bad idea as the vapor was way too thin when I pulled hard.
So with the new sensor location being closer to the tail-end of the chamber then yes the flashing seemed less helpful {still useful} but with the Q2 sensor location.... I found it quite helpful during the learning curve.....and as the evening went on....ha ha ha a little reminder never hurt......slow that draw mister....

Inhalater

Manufacturer
It is easy to change hysteresis; temperature variation buffer before lights starts flashing. This makes the units less precise for the ones who really care about maintaning temperature.

Ideal solution is to eliminate temperature variation altogether. This is the technological objective of the INH005.

Replacements and repairs will all be equipped with new electronics. Plastic components are recycled when possible.

Batch in process will yeild the best Inhalaters yet.

@jonezen. Drop us a line at admin@inhalater.com we will try to get you in for the 29.

Inhalater,

Zethin

if you guys postpone mine by another week, AGAIN (I've been waiting since July and i was told two weeks four months ago) I'm not gonna be a happy camper. I seriously would just love a refund at this point

Zethin,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Just a little more patience. We are expecting to take care of replacement this comming friday.

Here are some counter arguments.

There is no need to think about draw speed or the flashing light once temperature is initially reached. Obviously all unit have temperature variation. If it doesn't appear it hidden with software

Battery last very long and charges quickly. It's very hard to run out of juice and it takes 15 min to get it back going if it ever happens
The convenience of micro USB make that there it cannot supply power for complete operation

Capsules are unbeatable for convenience. Price will be going down for no second though replacement

Little problems we have faced up to now are being actively taken care of. Everyone will get a perfectly built unit.

We cannot compress time. We are dedicated to our customers :t no one could make in better in the circumstances.
I think your 'just wait and see!' posts are getting very tiresome for many. How about fewer promises and more action? Or just admit that you guys royally screwed up this project and give folks their money back so they can buy a quality vaporizer.

...and you can counter argue all you want...the PNP is a vastly superior product.

To all INH XP owners: your patience and understanding is very commendable. I'm not as nice as you!:tup:

@Zethin

I hope everything gets sorted out for you, my Friend. You guys don't deserve this BS.

Last edited:

Edward Hyde

I dont own the pinnacle pro.from what i have read tho...

I thinks the XP has longer lasting battery if u put it at 9 lvl in every session you get 9 sessions of 9 minutes (magic number maybe like 9 months waiting for a vaporizer?) in comparison with the pnp wich i think get at maximum 5 sessions of 8 minutes...and if you use the xp with less herb (so faster sessions less than 9 minutes) which imho is really possible for 1 person use u get more than 10 sessions...Which is really nice thing indeed.

The fact that the xp charges with micro usb is a really big plus also i think and i see no reason to explain why it is an advantage...

the company on the other hand...is not so reliable and i can give some examples about that statement.

its been almost a year since i ordered my xps and i still see people who have been waiting for months for their units and replacements that haven't arrived yet...even though now i am really satisfied with my unit I waited a long time for my units i got to admit...From early 2013 all i read from inhalater is they are getting on track and fast production next week,that "my" unit is going to be sent next week,that for all these problems we will get 5 gift capsules and until now all these have been lies...Because in the begining i would give them the extenuation that its the start of the product and always the start is difficult...but now its been almost a year.

The pnp on the other hand with lower battery standards and no usb charging has a company behind them which is oneof the most reliable companies i have found...Never saw problems with replacements,never saw problems with bad communication with the customer + once that they said they were going to release something at a certain date and there was a delay and people start complaining the owner said that if i said this date then give me your adress and i will ship it myself for you.All the transactions i had with them where fast REALLY enjoyable (products AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT) and my next vaporizer is going for sure to be from them i already have 2 of their hydrotubes and going to get the one with the fritted disk...

As for functioning comparison i cannot make one because like i said i do not own the pnp but i got to admit that the XP is overwhelming in vapor production and in heat stability (especially while using the PINNACLE HYDROTUBE as combo), also with a clean capsule and low temp you can get REALLY good taste for long period of the session but keeping the capsule clean is a little pain in the ass the same as the pinnacle capsule i think,soak in iso rub pwb etc...

i wouldnt vote for the XP as better than the pnp but after the (working) XP (after months of waiting) my expectations and standards for vaporizers are really high...i mean like REALLY precise temp,build in hydrotube or vapor tamer maybe and in general something innovating because the xp as a machine i got to tell u its a tank,stupid-proof in use terms,easy to load/unload,discreet (a little bit more than the pnp).

sorry for the long post hope it didnt get really tiring.

peace

hiphiphooray

Welp, my Q3 XP charger is now giving out. Serial Number XPB1285. Now it only charges when I push the USB charger in and apply pressure in an upwards direction. I guess the janky USB port finally gave out.

@Inhalater, can you please give me a straightforward answer: How long will it be to get a replacement unit if I send mine in now?

hiphiphooray,

2clicker

Observer
well my tank of a march Q2 XP showed it first signs of problems last night. the led just kept blinking. it would not go solid. and it was not heating up enough to vaporize. i do however believe this was because i hadnt charged it in a while. so that could have been it. i have since charged it and its working properly again.

the warranty is a year on these right?

2clicker,

gosaints420

well my tank of a march Q2 XP showed it first signs of problems last night. the led just kept blinking. it would not go solid. and it was not heating up enough to vaporize. i do however believe this was because i hadnt charged it in a while. so that could have been it. i have since charged it and its working properly again.

the warranty is a year on these right?

Yes 1yr and I've had the same problem and it just needed to be charged.

gosaints420,
Reactions: 2clicker

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I think your 'just wait and see!' posts are getting very tiresome for many. How about fewer promises and more action? Or just admit that you guys royally screwed up this project and give folks their money back so they can buy a quality vaporizer.

...and you can counter argue all you want...the PNP is a vastly superior product.

To all INH XP owners: your patience and understanding is very commendable. I'm not as nice as you!:tup:

@Zethin

I hope everything gets sorted out for you, my Friend. You guys don't deserve this BS.
index-image.jpg

When the vaporizer Mal functions they could all way's go back to old school?

Old School

Vape13man
index-image.jpg

Too funny......that's exactly what my GF and I had to do.......you even posted my brand...LOL
at the very same moment.....not so funny either.....I too have asked for my money back as well ... but I no longer get any reply from this manufacturer ....at all....be extra careful not to piss them off.... as I have....after several empty promises I finally snapped in an email and now I get zero response from them and therefore have no idea what they intend to do if anything at all......
extremely disappointing to say the least.....and yet I still believe in the design and secretly hope they will be able to turn things around much like those VapeXhale folks have done....very nice..!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Too funny......that's exactly what my GF and I had to do.......you even posted my brand...LOL
at the very same moment.....not so funny either.....I too have asked for my money back as well ... but I no longer get any reply from this manufacturer ....at all....be extra careful not to piss them off.... as I have....after several empty promises I finally snapped in an email and now I get zero response from them and therefore have no idea what they intend to do if anything at all......
extremely disappointing to say the least.....and yet I still believe in the design and secretly hope they will be able to turn things around much like those VapeXhale folks have done....very nice..!
I was waiting to see what you guy's said about the XP?
Glad I waited!

ataxian,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I dont own the pinnacle pro.from what i have read tho...

I thinks the XP has longer lasting battery if u put it at 9 lvl in every session you get 9 sessions of 9 minutes (magic number maybe like 9 months waiting for a vaporizer?) in comparison with the pnp wich i think get at maximum 5 sessions of 8 minutes...and if you use the xp with less herb (so faster sessions less than 9 minutes) which imho is really possible for 1 person use u get more than 10 sessions...Which is really nice thing indeed.

The fact that the xp charges with micro usb is a really big plus also i think and i see no reason to explain why it is an advantage...

the company on the other hand...is not so reliable and i can give some examples about that statement.

its been almost a year since i ordered my xps and i still see people who have been waiting for months for their units and replacements that haven't arrived yet...even though now i am really satisfied with my unit I waited a long time for my units i got to admit...From early 2013 all i read from inhalater is they are getting on track and fast production next week,that "my" unit is going to be sent next week,that for all these problems we will get 5 gift capsules and until now all these have been lies...Because in the begining i would give them the extenuation that its the start of the product and always the start is difficult...but now its been almost a year.

The pnp on the other hand with lower battery standards and no usb charging has a company behind them which is oneof the most reliable companies i have found...Never saw problems with replacements,never saw problems with bad communication with the customer + once that they said they were going to release something at a certain date and there was a delay and people start complaining the owner said that if i said this date then give me your adress and i will ship it myself for you.All the transactions i had with them where fast REALLY enjoyable (products AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT) and my next vaporizer is going for sure to be from them i already have 2 of their hydrotubes and going to get the one with the fritted disk...

As for functioning comparison i cannot make one because like i said i do not own the pnp but i got to admit that the XP is overwhelming in vapor production and in heat stability (especially while using the PINNACLE HYDROTUBE as combo), also with a clean capsule and low temp you can get REALLY good taste for long period of the session but keeping the capsule clean is a little pain in the ass the same as the pinnacle capsule i think,soak in iso rub pwb etc...

i wouldnt vote for the XP as better than the pnp but after the (working) XP (after months of waiting) my expectations and standards for vaporizers are really high...i mean like REALLY precise temp,build in hydrotube or vapor tamer maybe and in general something innovating because the xp as a machine i got to tell u its a tank,stupid-proof in use terms,easy to load/unload,discreet (a little bit more than the pnp).

sorry for the long post hope it didnt get really tiring.

peace
I'm pleased that you are having a good experience with your XP:tup: Nice to hear a positive story.

Take care.

WildChild,

hiphiphooray

Welp, my Q3 XP charger is now giving out. Serial Number XPB1285. Now it only charges when I push the USB charger in and apply pressure in an upwards direction. I guess the janky USB port finally gave out.

@Inhalater, can you please give me a straightforward answer: How long will it be to get a replacement unit if I send mine in now?

bump. kinda hoping for a reply on that. chargers weren't supposed to break this time around.

hiphiphooray,
Reactions: Sonics420

Sonics420

I had a couple days with the PNP and InhXP. The XP is better in almost every category. The PNP is a step in the right direction and I hope they keep working on it.. The features(cool lights, battery indicator, oil capability) and the look of the PNP wins for me, that is about it.

When it comes down to portability, battery life and vapor production.. The XP hands down is better.. The capsules are easier to work with, the battery can last a whole day (my PNP dies after 4-5 sessions, which I can sometimes do in a span of 2-3 hours) and the XP just gives me much more vapor/clouds.

The heating time on the PNP is very slow also.. from cold to level 5 it took almost 4-5 minutes alone, maybe my unit is weird?? IDK but heating is slow, level 2-3 also takes about 2-3 minutes to reach..

I really hope inhalater can get their shit together, boost up your customer service, have units readily available for replacement.. something. You guys obviously are one of the best portable vaporizer-makers on the market, just got to back it up with service and stability now..

As for the PNP.. I would still keep it to use as a back up or around the house. My XP goes with me everywhere though.. The PNP portability is not so great because of battery life and the fact that the bullets take extra time/care to handle.. With my XP capsule I can pull the capsule with my fingers and dump it anywhere, thus only carrying 1 capsule anywhere I go..no need for extras..I am the type that keeps it simple, XP in my pocket with the capsule already in and some ground up herb.. I dont like carrying anything extra like cases or capsule/bullet holders ect.. I already have my wallet, vape, cell phone and car keys to hold around.. With the bullets you have to dump it on something, wait to refill it or bring extra bullets. I just don't think it is as convenient as the capsules.

Taste, it is almost a tie but I kind of prefer the PNP over the XP in this category because the PNP just seems smoother for me. The vapor is not as harsh as my XP.

VB customer service may be better, but I have sent an email last Friday and still haven't gotten any response (in relation to the wrong pongs being sent to me). I will re-email again and see if I can get an answer..

@Inhalater, I have noticed something with my XP also.. when I plug the intake holes up why am I still getting air through it? I did the same thing with my friends Q2 unit and it blocked me from sucking any air at all. Is this normal for Q3 units??

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
index-image.jpg

Ha! I used to use those....

Yes, Ataxian, don't waste your $, Sir. They arent' ready yet. We just blew up my buddy's XP on the weekend for fun (I don't get out much). I'll give Inhalator one thing: their XP put on a great fireworks show...exploded into about 100 pieces. Wish I recorded it.

@Sonics420

"The XP is better in almost every category." Except build and functionality, for the most part.

That's what is great about opinions...we are all entitled to one.

Happy you have a unit that is performing for you. I hope everyone who forked out their hard earned money for this thing gets that opportunity.

Last edited:

Sonics420

@Sonics420

"The XP is better in almost every category." Except build and functionality, for the most part.

That's what is great about opinions...we are all entitled to one.

Happy you have a unit that is performing for you. I hope everyone who forked out their hard earned money for this thing gets that opportunity.

Yeah except my opinions are backed up by usage and experience with both items, you called the PNP "vastly superior".. that is just fan boyism on your part. But I guess we are all entitled to our opinions..

And I still wouldn't recommend the XP even though its better.:shrug:

Sonics420,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Yeah except my opinions are backed up by usage and experience with both items, you called the PNP "vastly superior".. that is just fan boyism on your part. But I guess we are all entitled to our opinions..

And I still wouldn't recommend the XP even though its better.:shrug:
Calm down, little man. I have used both too and have more mj experience than you. Don't get defensive because you made a bad purchase. Your quality standards are obviosly low or you are just trying to justify your purchase.

And I like my Solo more than my PNP. Now wipe your eyes and move along...

WildChild,

Sonics420

Right little buddy, I had my fair shares of problems with inhalater. All I did was leave an honest review instead of just riding for one of em and hating (something you did).

Talking about quality between 2 pieces of plastic, LMAO.. what a joke.

XP is still not a bad purchase if its putting out better than most vapes out there, even if it breaks down Ill get a replacement, eventually.

And we are talking PORTABLE VAPORIZER, you know the section you are in? Solo is great but doesnt match up to the portability of both vaporizers.. Irrelevant once again, move along clown.

Last edited:
Sonics420,
Top Bottom