Inexpensive vaporizer to diffuse essential oils in ambient air?

vapeguy

One feature I really liked of the EQ for the short time I had it was the ability to diffuse essential oils more effectively than anything else I ever tried to diffuse essential oils.

However it's a bit expensive to use just as an oil diffuser (I never liked it as a vape, never figured out if mine was defective because it gets rave reviews here), are there any inexpensive vapes that make good essential oil diffusers? I have a feeling the EQ probably can't be beat for this, if so what's the cheapest I could get a used one for? I might get one to use as an oil diffuser, but am hoping less expensive yet effective options exist. I'd prefer adjustable temp control, timer and ideally a quiet fan (which is why I think the EQ may be the only choice). You know what, I might just buy an EQ again just for that! In fact the guy I sold it too didn't seem to like it as a vaporizer either, I'll ask if I can buy it back.

Thanks

vapeguy,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Getting the EQ is an unnecessary expense if you want to use it as an oil diffusor (unless the fan is something that works with the diffusor, which I don't think is the case). Theres a cheaper model of the EQ called the V-Tower which does not have a fan and is significantly cheaper.

CentiZen,

SD_haze

What about one of these suckers? That way if there's an earthquake or something happens, you wont get spilled hot oils on your vape

145489-400x425-candle_diffuser.jpg

Just be sure to get non-paraffin candles

SD_haze,

vapeguy

I have one of those candled powere ones and they burn the oil literally on every use making an awful stench, completely defeating the purpose, making them useless. You can add water but it evaporates quickly and then the oil burns.

I did use to put the fan on low in the EQ as it did cause the scent to disperse much better.

Well the one I sold my EQ too said he'd sell it back to me so I'll probably do that (and give it another try as a vaporizer too).

About spilling oil in the vape, I used to simply fill up the potpourri dish of the EQ with coarse sea salt and then put a few drops of oil on the sea salt, that way the oil is absorbed into the salt and it can't leak.

Thanks

vapeguy,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I too am interested in a quality oil diffuser.

My EQ worked great but would be quite costly for such a simple task. My whole house filled with the aroma.

Wonder how well the nebulizer type oil diffuser would work? I see them running for around $60 and up.

Tweak,

StickyShisha2

one or more of the log style vapes i have had came with a diffuser top. i can't comment on how they worked because i never tried them.

StickyShisha2,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I personally have only been using my UD with essential oils while I let my friends use it as a vape. It works exceptionally well and the lemon and peppermint Dave sent me are strong and smell exactly how they should. If you are wanting to spend money on a new vape that also does essentials well, but I would recommend getting them separately if you aren't planning on using the amazing vape with herb.

paytonpenn,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I put the oils on cottons patches, it diffuses the scent nice and slow, without heating. The smell stays on them and you can perfume whatever you want

Roger D,
Top Bottom