Discontinued Impcognito

Momor

Lately my Impcognito caused me troubles on my Lost Vape Paranormal 250C loaded with the dedicated profile made by someone here. It works perfectly for a few hits (no matter temps) then at one point it will give me "TempProtect" signal and will not heat up anymore. I let averything cool down, lower the temp, lower the resistance but it doesn't change nothing.
Sometimes, at this point, when i press the fire button the mod asks if i want to resample the resistance but thern no matter if i click yes or no thi same menu/question reappear again and again until it gives me an error message.
My Impcognito workes fine with my Sinuous P80 in TC.
Does anybody would have any idea of what could be happening and what i could try to resolve this ?
Thanks

Momor,

Momor

You gotta find the TC or TCR tab, try here,
Didn't see anything concerning TC or TCR in that video but thank you very much for your help.
I just thought i'll probably end up uploading the existing Imp frofile from the mod to the computer, rebooting the mod then re-upload the profile and see.

sydryherb

Are there no more Aster RTs available anywhere on the internet? It’s been a very sad search for me the past 4 months

sydryherb,
D

Deleted member 66001

Can someone help me with my Imp'nito. Here's a pic that's two separate hits with a slight turn of the stem to show the char appears to be hitting the same spot.

I've had this for over a year, and it was my DD for all of it but the last two months as I've been honeymooning with my Firewood. When I came back to the Imp I keep getting these no matter what setting I have it at. I shouldn't say any setting, but I've been working with settings from as low as TC .210 / 130 up to .200 / 188 and I've always gotten nothing but perfect ABV from rim to rim. I really like my Imp'nito and wanted to pull the trigger on another one, but I gotta get this figured out first. It doesn't seem like user error to me, I've used it way too many times on these settings, but I'm sure I've done dumber things than this before.

Super appreciative if someone can help, I don't own enough vapes for one to be out of rotation.

IMG_E1342.JPG

Deleted member 66001,

GoldenBud

Can someone help me with my Imp'nito. Here's a pic that's two separate hits with a slight turn of the stem to show the char appears to be hitting the same spot.

I've had this for over a year, and it was my DD for all of it but the last two months as I've been honeymooning with my Firewood. When I came back to the Imp I keep getting these no matter what setting I have it at. I shouldn't say any setting, but I've been working with settings from as low as TC .210 / 130 up to .200 / 188 and I've always gotten nothing but perfect ABV from rim to rim. I really like my Imp'nito and wanted to pull the trigger on another one, but I gotta get this figured out first. It doesn't seem like user error to me, I've used it way too many times on these settings, but I'm sure I've done dumber things than this before.

Super appreciative if someone can help, I don't own enough vapes for one to be out of rotation.

View attachment 3973
do you have another 510 mod box? for testing?

GoldenBud,
D

Deleted member 66001

maybe it is time to replace the coil, i'm not sure he offers it in the store somewhere or you have to pm him

Brand new coils, it just came back from Dave's. My pin was defective so it had to go back anyways, so I asked him to change the coils while he had it.

Deleted member 66001,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
All I could say is try lower temp settings? I don't know why the performance would change all of a sudden for you though...

Shit Snacks,

GoldenBud

ahhhhh he replaced the coil.. new resistance.. is it written there or you have to test it? (forget from your previous profiles or modify them hehe)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
ahhhhh he replaced the coil.. new resistance.. is it written there or you have to test it? (forget from your previous profiles or modify them hehe)

Oh! Yeah that would explain it, you need to check the cold resistance for any new coil of course! Then double check those TCR settings as well

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: GoldenBud
D

Deleted member 66001

try TCR around 120 and around 0.210 is it better? or even TCR 110
All I could say is try lower temp settings? I don't know why the performance would change all of a sudden for you though...

I tried lower settings, and I can get it to not get the char marks, but I'm 99.9% certain (Ok, maybe 87.3 certain, lol) that those settings are just too darn low for me. I don't know, I have a feeling that the two month layoff may have resulted in user error, but I'm a feakin' stubborn douche bag, and I'll be damned go down swingin' that I'm not doing anything different with my draw speed, lol. I'll have another go around this evening, but I'm not sure how much I wanna do this, I find nothing worse than session after session of charred testing.

My cold resistance seemed to be the same as far as I could tell. Shit, I may need to put this through some more testing..............ugh, not fun.

Edit : Ok, so I just tried a few tokes..........I definitely need to investigate this alot more tonight because maybe it was the layoff. Damn, I'm gonna feel like a dope if it really is user error. I put it through the paces when I got it back, but like I said, I don't enjoy the testing part so I may have gotten frustrated a little too quickly. Funny, I just posted a reply in the Imp thread to someone about not getting frustrated because the smallest of changes can change things pretty significantly sometimes.............and here I am............frustrated, lol. Why do we as humans stay perfectly even keel through other peoples problems when we can't do the exact same with are own. I'll never understand that.

One more thing though...................why would the coil just char that one small portion, if air is going through it evenly than wouldn't it form a char mark in the shape of the coil??

Last edited by a moderator:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I have multiple profiles I've used.

.210 / 130 and .200 / 188
How did you come about those TCR settings, trial and error? I've recently acquired an Impcognito and I'm trying to get the settings dialed in. A lot of trial and error after emailing with Dave, and I'm finally getting some vapor (on top of the awesome flavor from the get go). I keep bumping the TCR up to get a little more vapor. Is there a such thing as too high of an TCR value for the Impcognito before coil damage occurs? I'm not new to box mods, but new to TC, so I don't have a grasp on TC in general, or TCR specifically.

Top Bottom