Discontinued Impcognito

simba

@weedanwine
Yup it looks like I'm going to buy from Fasttech, I think I'm swaying towards the Pico as it's smaller than the P80, although not fully decided yet.

Thanks for all the help

Hippie

You can get 10% off at Fasttech for the lunar New year holidays with code CNYRAT10
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/pro...y-cny-2020-mega-sitewide-coupon-sale-up-to-15

As you probably know transport is restricted in China at the moment because of the Coronavirus and many businesses have had to extend the holiday period so it may well take a week or 2 longer than normal for it to arrive as there's always a backlog after the Chinese New year holidays

simba

@weedanwine
It seems like this is the only vendor shipping the Aster RT to Uk right now.
Cost more then the others though. Fasttech seems like a good bet

Given you said the Pico, Aster and P80 all perform similarly I think I'm going to end on the Pico from Fasttech. Cheapest and smallest are a good combo lol

You can get 10% off at Fasttech for the lunar New year holidays with code CNYRAT10
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/pro...y-cny-2020-mega-sitewide-coupon-sale-up-to-15

Nice one!

Momor

What wattage are you using it at? Also are you getting good satisfying hits on wattage mode without combusting?

I usually start at 24-25 watts and finish at 27-28 watts. I get good satisfying hits without combusting. I admit i combusted a few times though. Also i often scorch the bottom of the load but that's ok.

+1 for P80 or a iStick Pico 75w ( or 75W x)

I ran mine on an Aster RT / Pico / P80 all with Arctic Fox FW very similar results across the board. 100,000x better then using wattage. The coils have no mass and they will heat beyond temp much too quickly for proper usage.

I liked the pairing with the RT and the Pico the best as they offer the smallest form factors for this little guy.

U can still grab an aster RT from AliX with free shipping to the UK if you don't mind the wait. Fasttech has Pico 75W and PicoX 75w with free slow shipping to UK as well.

The IMP is an very solid performer when set up with correct TCR :brow:

I also have a Sinuous P80 and was wondering if i would get real benefits to put ArticFox and try to use TCR. I'm already quite satisfied but i can't pass on getting 100,000x better results :tup:
Would you mind to share the TCR settings you used with your P80 ?

Momor,

GoldenBud

TCR 120, 35Watts, Temp starting from 185C.
Some people prefer TCR 110, some 140, I tried 120 and liked it, some will tell that pure ss should be like 90~
And I hated wattage mode too, with the IMP.

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Easywider

Momor

TCR 120, 35Watts, Temp starting from 185C.
Some people prefer TCR 110, some 140, I tried 120 and liked it, some will tell that pure ss should be like 90~
And I hated wattage mode too, with the IMP.

Thank you very much !
Just to be sure, i just have to write 35W in the power tab, "temp control" in the mode tab, TCR and 120 in the "coil material" tab, and 185C in the "temperature" tab, that's it ?
I don't touch PID ?
Should i also set and lock the resistance ?
Cheers,

Momor,

GoldenBud

Thank you very much !
Just to be sure, i just have to write 35W in the power tab, "temp control" in the mode tab, TCR and 120 in the "coil material" tab, and 185C in the "temperature" tab, that's it ?
I don't touch PID ?
Should i also set and lock the resistance ?
Cheers,
which mod is it? i didn't have to set PID on the joyetech evic afaik.
locking the resistance... good idea actually. i didn't do so, but it's optional
i just checked that my resistance is not changing each time, or changing by a bit.

GoldenBud,

Easywider

Simple is the way
I usually start at 24-25 watts and finish at 27-28 watts. I get good satisfying hits without combusting. I admit i combusted a few times though. Also i often scorch the bottom of the load but that's ok.

I also have a Sinuous P80 and was wondering if i would get real benefits to put ArticFox and try to use TCR. I'm already quite satisfied but i can't pass on getting 100,000x better results :tup:

Here's a pic of my settings, I think I ended up settling at TCR145 http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/impcognito.37548/page-5#post-1391916

Momor

which mod is it? i didn't have to set PID on the joyetech evic afaik.
locking the resistance... good idea actually. i didn't do so, but it's optional
i just checked that my resistance is not changing each time, or changing by a bit.

My mod is a Sinuous P80. I fired it up quickly this morning before going to work and I think I saw the resistence moving by a lot. I'll do more tests this evening after work.

Here's a pic of my settings, I think I ended up settling at TCR145 http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/impcognito.37548/page-5#post-1391916

Thank you very much!

GoldenBud

My mod is a Sinuous P80. I fired it up quickly this morning before going to work and I think I saw the resistence moving by a lot. I'll do more tests this evening after work.

Thank you very much!
Is the resistance is like 0.22? yea, each startup check it. it shouldn't go over 0.3 or even 0.26

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Momor

Momor

Thank you @Easywider and @GoldenBud for your input.
With both settings you shared i didn't get vapor under 240°C. Disabling PID gave me better results. I also raised my cold resistance slightly from 0,210 to 0,217.
Right now my settings are :
Resistance locked
TCR 170
50 Watts
Temps starting at 185°C
With these settings i can get good results from 185°C to 230°C (very dark ABV at 230°C)
Should i maybe try to lower the TCR value ?

GoldenBud

Thank you @Easywider and @GoldenBud for your input.
With both settings you shared i didn't get vapor under 240°C. Disabling PID gave me better results. I also raised my cold resistance slightly from 0,210 to 0,217.
Right now my settings are :
Resistance locked
TCR 170
50 Watts
Temps starting at 185°C
With these settings i can get good results from 185°C to 230°C (very dark ABV at 230°C)
Should i maybe try to lower the TCR value ?

You get amazing taste at 185?
If yes, better don't touch it
if no....
Hmmm
Maybe lower it just to 150 just to see if it helps?

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Easywider

Skunkport

AAARRRGGGHHHHH why does shit always get complicated?
I have an Impcognito in my shopping basket, I'm just stuck trying to find a bloody side-by-side mod which is complicated by my complete lack of knowledge.
Help!
I've found an Aster RT, £35 but it's 20-40 days shipping...can anyone recommend another mod that fits and works and is actually in production please?
At a reasonable price, I am not paying £150 fucking quid for an Xvostick or whatever!

Skunkport,

GoldenBud

AAARRRGGGHHHHH why does shit always get complicated?
I have an Impcognito in my shopping basket, I'm just stuck trying to find a bloody side-by-side mod which is complicated by my complete lack of knowledge.
Help!
I've found an Aster RT, £35 but it's 20-40 days shipping...can anyone recommend another mod that fits and works and is actually in production please?
At a reasonable price, I am not paying £150 fucking quid for an Xvostick or whatever!
Smallest Eleaf Pico you can find. search on fasttech, i brought mine there.
**EDIT: there's a problem now because of the coronavirus for shipping from China
Better try getting some small mod (but with good battery/reliable company) around your location/search ebay for eu/us shipping.

Last edited:

Skunkport

Thanks but I've gone for the Impcognito specifically for the side-by-side form factor, I'll just grab that aster and wait I guess.

Way over budget (152 Euro) but damn it would look smart in one of these 'Union rus mod' in matching wood:

108LE1-800x800.jpg

Skunkport

It's been 17 days and my Aster RT still hasn't been sent. At this point I'm assuming the seller died to the coronavirus, so I'm looking elsewhere, still with fuck-all clue what I'm doing!
Rofvape Witcher 75w any good?

Skunkport,
Reactions: Summer

Easywider

Simple is the way
It's been 17 days and my Aster RT still hasn't been sent. At this point I'm assuming the seller died to the coronavirus, so I'm looking elsewhere, still with fuck-all clue what I'm doing!
Rofvape Witcher 75w any good?

It's been reported that the Witcher does temp control very poorly. It's also not compatible with custom firmware. Maybe a pico from fasttech to tide you over?

simba

@weedanwine
Given you said the Pico, Aster and P80 all perform similarly I think I'm going to end on the Pico from Fasttech. Cheapest and smallest are a good combo lol

My Pico just arrived, can't wait to flash the firmware and try it out!

EDIT: Just had a quick bowl after flashing the device, I'm really impressed by the difference. Getting good solid hits, nice and satisfying.

Thanks again for all the help :tup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom