• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Imag (aka x-max) vaporizer

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
"compatible with eGo, Ago and Evod series batteries." so, i don't think it's for the imag / x-max

mrweed,

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Hmm I see, thought it was, my mistake.

It is odd that all these vapes are appearing this year, I only wonder about the materials and safety.

HillaryClinton,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
no, hillary actually it's not. a lot of chinese companys made good money with selling a pax counterfeit, last year. Now, they know it's a big money business, but selling counterfeits is always a problem, since it's just not legal in most western countries and therefore this market is strictly limited.

Then they've started coying the pinnacle pro and vaporblunt 2.0. I bet they have nearly sold non of these (especially VB 2.0) and they've decided to make their own units, based on what they know about portable vaporizers, yet. The result was the titan-1, which got a big seller really quick from a chinese point of view, since a lot of companys jumped on it. A little bit later, we at FC made the FlowerMate V into the next successful vaporizer from china and overnight they've sold 1000s of units! It was available for a while and nobody was interested in it, until a member here bought one.
now, everyone wants a piece of that cake. This was just the beginning, but I agree that product quality is always a big issue. I mean what can you expect from a electronic device that's sold for 30-50$ only?! I'm not an experts when it's about electronics BUT i always use my senses to decide whether I'm willing to use it or not. I mean if it smells or tastes bad, the smell/taste must come from anywhere and I think that's something a lot of people actually ignore!

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Yeah if it taste bad or smells bad chances are its bad for you, though I have heard, trying to find a source now, that many glues, toxic chemicals, etc....do not put out bad smell or taste, even some glues from what I recall, if these guys really wanted to make some scratch here they should invest in some sort of quality control like many of the big companies do....though I guess that would probably up cost.

Some of these temp me but I am to chicken to be honest, I was interested in the Flowermate but my sense of health and judgement made me avoid.

Sigh.... :uhoh:

Like you said you con't expect much from a 50 dollar unit, just wish ya could :brow:!

HillaryClinton,
Reactions: mrweed

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
yes, that's true. i agree, however i doubt that even some of the reputated companys have this kind of quality control you describe. I mean these are mostly made in China, too and they also buy their units for a fragement of the price we pay for them. In case of vaporblunt products, It's not even a secret that the quality is dubious.

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
so i recieved the imag/x-max yesterday. Have not used it yet since I need to charge the battery for 6hours first, but it seems fine, actually! Especially quality wise, it seems better than the titan-1 and the dark knight! Size is great! Actually, it looks like a cigar due to the wooden optic.

wyatt herb

true born germaican
so i recieved the imag/x-max yesterday. Have not used it yet since I need to charge the battery for 6hours first, but it seems fine, actually! Especially quality wise, it seems better than the titan-1 and the dark knight! Size is great! Actually, it looks like a cigar due to the wooden optic.

i hope you like it!
the x-max is always in my pocket now when i go outside.
i bought me a second one as backup.

wyatt herb,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
So, I've finally tested the Imag yesterday and I have to confess, that I actually like it. First of all, it looks like a (giant) ecig and therefore it is probably the most stealthy vaporizer I have! Due to the high vaping temperature (between 190-220°C) the vapor gets very cloudy(!), which makes the ecig illusion perfect, imho. I'm normally not a fan of high temperatures and I would prefer a temp of 205°C max, but in this case it's fine.
I also understand now, why it shuts off after 2 minutes already. Simply because your herbs will be used within that time. A filling (0,1g) lasts exactly 2minutes for me (ABV comes out light brown, maybe could produce more vapor for another minute or so). However, that also means you might have just one very tasty puff and than the popcorn taste starts to occur, already.
However, I think this Vaporizer is great for a quick puff in public. Quality wise it beats the Titan-1 and the Dark Knight by far.
I think it looks much cheaper on the pics than in real life. The housing is full metal. I have one with wooden optic, which make it look like a big fucking cigar :D
there is no e cig that can actually vaporize dry herbs?! well... not anymore.
However, I'm not sure about concentrates. There is a oil/wax bullet, but I'm not sure how to use it

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
i will make some later next to the titan-1 and dark knight. However Wyatt Herb have posted some on page2.

edit: here you go

foto14.jpg

foto13.jpg

Last edited:

wyatt herb

true born germaican
So, I've finally tested the Imag yesterday and I have to confess, that I actually like it. First of all, it looks like a (giant) ecig and therefore it is probably the most stealthy vaporizer I have! Due to the high vaping temperature (between 190-220°C) the vapor gets very cloudy(!), which makes the ecig illusion perfect, imho. I'm normally not a fan of high temperatures and I would prefer a temp of 205°C max, but in this case it's fine.
I also understand now, why it shuts off after 2 minutes already. Simply because your herbs will be used within that time. A filling (0,1g) lasts exactly 2minutes for me (ABV comes out light brown, maybe could produce more vapor for another minute or so). However, that also means you might have just one very tasty puff and than the popcorn taste starts to occur, already.
However, I think this Vaporizer is great for a quick puff in public. Quality wise it beats the Titan-1 and the Dark Knight by far.
I think it looks much cheaper on the pics than in real life. The housing is full metal. I have one with wooden optic, which make it look like a big fucking cigar :D
there is no e cig that can actually vaporize dry herbs?! well... not anymore.
However, I'm not sure about concentrates. There is a oil/wax bullet, but I'm not sure how to use it

hi!
nice to hear an other person likes this little vape!

but with my two units the herb isn´t done that fast. the first unit i got burns a little hotter than the second one i ordered, but i need five heat cycles to get my herb extracted to a point where the hits became to light for me. with both units.
the first cycle i get two tasty hits, the second heatcycle i get three big clouds with a bit taste, third cycle good clouds with almost no taste, cycle four smaller clouds no taste and cycle five feels that there isn´t left much, but makes visible vapor. i do long slow hits with only a bit vacuum and it makes big clouds, sometimes i have to cough if i pull to long.

maybe i grind my herb a little bit finer than you do, so i get almost 0.2 in the oven, could make the difference. i also pusch my herb down a bit, only with the weight of the included tool, and i poke a hole in the middle of the load with a needle for better flow.
i also made five holes in the mouthpiece with a needle to prevent clogging of this little mesh from resin upbuild. after one load the first holes get clogged and i have to clean after a few. wtih the new bigger holes no problem.
i also put a small domed screen on the oven to prevent the mouthpiece clogging from herbs.works real good.

and you are right: it is fucking stealthy!!!
i go in the city and vape, no one expect i consume herb!
also friends who combusts herb don´t thought it is a vaporizer.
i do a barbecue with friends and they asked me why i don´t vape this time (before i got the x-max i use the vaponic as my portable) and only suck on my e-cig. then i lift the secret!

wyatt herb,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
Well the manual says don't pack it too tight and that's what i did. This way 0,1 is max! But i take much more puffs in one cycle, too, About 8-10 I guess. I'm impatient generally but Vapor forms very quick. Try to pack it with less herbs and see if vapor production increases!

mrweed,

wyatt herb

true born germaican
@ mrgreen:

i will try it!
to get the same puffs with less herb might be cheaper.

wyatt herb,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
so here is my imag review

btw. i found this board post by them. If you guys have a review blog or youtube channel too, you can apply for a free unit, as well! It's the same deal I have with them, but didn't know they advertise it in public.
FYI this is the first chinese company that was interested in a honest review, so I guess they are very confident about their products and really want to establish themself as a brand.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to read some more reviews soon!

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
so, after testing the flowermate (which is a fine unit for real!) I have to say, the Imag is even better in terms of cloudyness and thick vapor, as well as beeing super stealthy.

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
so the imag junior is in fact a electronic pipe. They told me today, that it does combust herbs!
However, they are also working on the Imag Plus, as well, which will feature 3 temperature presets.

ithrewitontheground

Has anyone found somewhere to buy only one Imag or X-max online?
Edit: Nevermind, found it here http://topgreencig.en.alibaba.com/p...porizer_Baked_Style_Xvape_X_Max_Pen_Vape.html

After sending them the paypal on Tuesday night US/Morning in China I have yet to receive a reply at all with a tracking number even though they told me it would be sent the day after I paid. How long should I wait before threatening a paypal dispute?

EDIT: just after I typed this she responded to my email account with a tracking number. Vape and review incoming.

Last edited:

dankity3

I'm really enjoying my x-max. I found that crumble disappears really quickly in this vape and vapor clouds are lacking when compared to using herb instead. Anyone else have similar experiences with wax/concentrates and their x-max/imag?

ithrewitontheground

I received mine today, only got to use it briefly though.

It feels very solid in the hand, which I definitely did not expect. I did two burn-offs, cleaned it with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol and did two more burn offs. The chamber looks a little funky still, not perfect metal. I filled it without packing, turned it on and set it down. I was giving it time to warm up and using my phone when I caught the smell of ganja. I had it sitting on the bench next to me and the scent was pretty strong. I took a couple big hits and then it shut off. I heated it up two more times because I was in a hurry and didn't want to get too medicated. The vapor gave big clouds, bigger than the mflb. Unfortunately, it has a strange taste to it, kind of a fruity taste that I don't really like and can't figure out what it is. Overall though, I'm pretty happy with it. A working pen vape that cost $60 total is hard to beat.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I sent an e-mail to Imag vaporizers some weeks ago and today they answer me they shipped to me a sample unit, they didn't provided me any tracking number so I don't expect to get it before 2 weeks at least....

PPN,

ithrewitontheground

Finally got a chance to test this out more fully. Used it all day with some friends. Battery lasts for somewhere around 6 heat cycles, I had a hard time focusing on that part. Taste is awesome now, one of my friends thought it was better than the mflb. I'd say its at least as good as the mflb. Not sure about what a good technique to use for this is yet although I still got 1-2 small hits off it after the green light turned off.

Top Bottom