• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Imag (aka x-max) vaporizer

wyatt herb

true born germaican
@ herr dampf:
I will be carefull!
the seller girl said that this are special batterys build for this device as i asked her if i can replace the 18500 /1300 mah with 18500 batterys with 2000 mah.
i don´t know if they are protected.

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
recieved a mail from a chinese seller:

"Dear XY,

Morning .Thanks your inquiry . This model has some problem,so we cant send to you .

How about the titan or vaporblunt2.0 ? they are better then x-max ,

please know that .

Lulu"

wyatt herb

true born germaican
recieved a mail from a chinese seller:

"Dear XY,

Morning .Thanks your inquiry . This model has some problem,so we cant send to you .

How about the titan or vaporblunt2.0 ? they are better then x-max ,

please know that .

Lulu"

That doesn´t sound good for me.
if the titan is really much better than this, i do a complete misstep with the order.
wich seller do you contact ?

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
there are now a couple more seller... Shenzhen Ouyida Technology Co., Ltd. is the one i've got that info from. send a lot of inquiries to find the best offer, but i guess i just wait for your review

wyatt herb

true born germaican
I send a mail to my seller and asked about the problems.
I hope that there are no serious issues with it.

this is what i asked:

hey jany! thanks for tracking nr.

I have one more question.
Is it true that this device has some problems and some seller stop to sell it?
if so, what are the problems with this vaporizer?
i´m a bit confused know!
xy
best regards

this was the answer:

Hello xy,

This item is the newest on the market for herb ,wax and liquid.And we have tested it in various technique.
Two samples sent to you are the second group production after test.
This is our private selling item. I'm a little confused what you mean seller stop to sell it.Could you plz explain?
I hope you would like the samples and experience it by yourself when you get it.

download
Best regards,
download

should i tell her the name of the other company wich stop the selling?

I explain my situation a bit to her she writes back:

Hi xy,

We have tested it and send to many customers with good feedback,if there is any problem that would damage to person's health,no doubt we will not sell it.Because our company on it.We will not damage the company's reputation.We do business with our customers in the long run.
This has no damage to your health,plz don't worry.OK?
Just as you know,the herb vaporizer can medicate your health in some degree.And there is report

I hope that the other seller only want to sell his other stuff instead of the x-max.
when it arrives i will wash everithing wth iso and q-tip and after drying i let it do some heat cycles without herb.

didn´t want to give up my hope that the vape will work .

Last edited by a moderator:

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
that's possible, of course.
however, if they have all three, but don't want to sell the one, I've asked for... something smells fishy

wyatt herb

true born germaican
Remains nothing else about as to wait for my order and to test them.

Instead going to düsseldorf , dhl tracking said it is in leipzig at custom clearance.
i hope i didn´t have to pay customs.the seller girl said she will declare low value for no tax and customs.
hope tis is a normal procedure.
it shows " Updated clearance status" in tracking informations.

everything ok, no customs. didn´t read the text above properly

Last edited by a moderator:

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
yes, it's normal and mine has passed the custom control, without charging me the 19% mwst, but only 23€ is free! if they get suspicious, you might have to pick it up yourself @custom control

wyatt herb

true born germaican
so it is like most of you expected- this thing don´t work properly.

you can make three heat cycles and get no vapor.
the abv looks dark but nothing was extracted. i put the abv in my vapocane and get good clouds out of it.
i contacted the seller and she says they work on a new one wich should work better and they replace the not working devices for free.
she asked me to do a usage video and i make one and send it to them.
hope i get a response on monday.

i think the problem is that the herb bullet is closed at the bottom and you can´t pull air through the bullet.
so the weed bakes but you get nothing out of it

it looks nice and feels good but it don´t work.

Herr_Dampf

i think the problem is that the herb bullet is closed at the bottom and you can´t pull air through the bullet.
so the weed bakes but you get nothing out of it

it looks nice and feels good but it don´t work.

That, sadly, was exactly what I expected. Good luck with the next version! :)

Does the device itself have some sort of air channel? Maybe a PNP bullet would fit.

Last edited:
Herr_Dampf,

wyatt herb

true born germaican
That, sadly, was exactly was I expected. Good luck with the next version! :)

Does the device itself have some sort of air channel? Maybe a PNP bullet would fit.

the air goes from the outside of the oven( 2 small airholes in the middle)
through the oven. at the upper end of the oven are some recesses .
in the upper side of the bullet are also 2 small holes in the sidewall(no holes in the bottom).
so the air went only above the material and not through the chamber.
if i modify it like the pnp i have to drill a hole in the oven,it is closed at the bottom.
but i´m a bit afraid to do this, because of damaging the electronics/ heating element.
i hope this make sense.

edit:
i´ve drilled a 2,5 mm hole in the bottom of the oven and also in the bottom of the bullet and attached a screen into the bullet.
i´ve tested it but it didn´t really get better.

Last edited:

wyatt herb

true born germaican
Some news about the x-max

I tell the seller about the problems with this device and tryed to tell them what i learned here in forum about a working vaporizer (airpath,material, etc) and my own experience with vaporizers.
Jany was very nice and gave the informations to the factory/development.

It seems they are really looking to make a good vaporizer now.
they want to know where i got my informations from and i mentioned from a vaporizer forum.
know they want to know wich one.
I tell them that they have to look in here and that there is need to read the rules for business accounts properly.
I hope it is ok

the new sample with short circuit protection battery and some other improvements will send out next week to me.
they say they improved the vapor production. i hope so

wyatt herb

true born germaican
my improved version of of the x-max v1 arrived toady.
and i have to say- it works now!
good visible vapor and if you want smooth hits you can get em and big hits with little coughing you can get also.
the draw restriction is a little high but it deliver nice medicating clouds to me.
abv looks dark chocolat/coffee brown without any combustion.
i made a few sessions now and i will write a full review on this little thing tomorrow.

support from factory/ seller is also very nice. they answered all of my mails in good time and it looks like they really want to improve the x-max further.

i´m really happy till now with this little vape. tomorrow i go out for a long walk with my buddy´s dog ( a lovely dogue de bordeux lady).
i take the x-max with me for a test session in public.

now a little more testing.......

Last edited:

ROFL

my improved version of of the x-max v1 arrived toady.
and i have to say- it works now!
good visible vapor and if you want smooth hits you can get em and big hits with little coughing you can get also.
the draw restriction is a little high but it deliver nice medicating clouds to me.
abv looks dark chocolat/coffee brown without any combustion.
i made a few sessions now and i will write a full review on this little thing tomorrow.

support from factory/ seller is also very nice. they answered all of my mails in good time and it looks like they really want to improve the x-max further.

i´m really happy till now with this little vape. tomorrow i go out for a long walk with my buddy´s dog ( a lovely dogue de bordeux lady).
i take the x-max with me for a test session in public.

now a little more testing.......

Nice one. Can you also post some pictures of old and new heating chamber, please?

ROFL,

wyatt herb

true born germaican
Nice one. Can you also post some pictures of old and new heating chamber, please?

i try to make pics tomorrow. the charging port on my cellphone is defect, i have to fix this first.
and i have to look how to load up pictures here.

wyatt herb,

wyatt herb

true born germaican
sorry for the late review!
my phone charging port now works again and i´m able to load pics now.

so here we go

the x-max comes in a nice box with soft padding where the x-max stay in.
when open it you get out the content( except the wall charger)

6z6xgNg.jpg

it feels durable and a bit heavy. the outer shell is complete metal (aluminum i think), the battery cap is anodized metal.
the mothpiece outer shell looks like something similar material as the capsules for the inhalater i guess.
the inside of the mp is comlete metal ( ss i guess). in the middle is a small metal plate with small holes in it wich acts like a mesh screen.

u448zzS.jpg

pic for size comparison with kanger evod 650 mah

VHCkzpN.jpg

the comlete length is 159 mm, diameter is 21 mm, weight is 130.4 gram incl. battery.
a full pack contents ca. 0.2 gram of ground up herb.

S05cnGU.jpg

the oven has two little holes in the sidewalls a little bit above the bottom of the oven.
i can´t capture the holes in a pic because of my shitty camera and a mirrow effect with the flash inside the oven.

when you pack it up with herb and hit the power buton 3 times the device turns on and begin to heat. the button shows a red light. it takes ca. 50 seconds to heat up and the light turns green.
now you can begin to hit. the lesser you pull the more you get out of it.
a heat cycle lasts exagt 2 minutes. after 2 min. x-max shut down and you need to activate it again.
reheating time is really nothing, almost instant.
i can pull on it like on a j or cigarette or make long slow lungfilling draws with nice clouds and little coughing.
i need ca. 5 heat cycles to get through a full bowl, it depends on drawing style a bit.
after a full bowl the part the x-max where the mouthpiece fits in get very hot, but you can put it in your pocket immeadiately after use without burning your leg or something.
one full battery last for 4-5 bowls, extra battery costs 3 usd so i get a few.
the first few bowls i have to fight a bit with the draw resistance but after a bit training i realized that very little vacuum is needed to get a full hit. i think i read the same in the tvape thread or in an other conduction portable thread.
there was no bad smell or something at first use. the factory said the chip is capsuled tp avoid that roboter fart smell.
the high is very good for me and abv is a nice even chocolait coffee brown without any black burned bits of herb.
taste for me is good no burning taste no electro taste. it´s my first conduction vape and i like the taste of my herbs in this vape.

kDFWzGQ.jpg

the lighter looking parts are only on pic, in reality it´s nice and even browned.

the modifications i did till now is ad a little silicone tube on the end of the mp as it gets a little hot, not the vapor, only the mp. .
not burning hot but a kind of disliking heat feeling on your lips.

KgOeBfU.jpg

and i ad a small fine meshscreen above the oven to prevent clogging of the small holes in the mp triggerd by sucking up small bits of herb.
the filter also gets a good resin build up, so its needed to be cleaned after a few sessions to avoid clogging from resin condensate.

for now i use it the third day and really like the x-max.

the x-max costs me 40 dollars, 3 dollar for each replacement battery and for single unit shipping its 25 usd.

i think its worth the money, its my first conduction portable and i think i will use it often this summer as it hits nice and it is a real spliff replacement for me.

i hope the factory will replace the second unit i bought also, as my friend really like the improved model too.

Last edited:

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
thanks for the review.
seems like it performs pretty much like the dark knight (except for the draw resistance)

wyatt herb

true born germaican
for everyone who wants to get sure to get the updatet version i got mine from
topgreen technology on alibaba.com

wyatt herb,

wyatt herb

true born germaican
thanks for the review.
seems like it performs pretty much like the dark knight (except for the draw resistance)

no problem-it was my first ever review and i hope i´ve done it right.

the draw restriction is no more a big issue, as i don´t try to pull hard anymore, and now get much vapor out of it.

i also first want to buy a dark night or tbh, but the gm of topgreen stated to me that they are inventing also a convection portable vape. he says with 5 heat settings, oled screen and ceramic heating element.
so i asked for a beta test unit when it is ready to test.

he asked me wich temperature settings me and my friends would prefer to get in a vape. i said i can ask them.
but i only have two other friends who are vaping (the rest still combusts), so i want to ask here about prefered temperatures.

i think 3 or 4 settings for dry herb and 1 or 2 higher temp settings for bubble/oil.

what do you think as more experienced vaper?

190 to 225 for dry herb , 250 -265 for the oily stuff?

wyatt herb,
Reactions: mrweed

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
no problem-it was my first ever review and i hope i´ve done it right.

the draw restriction is no more a big issue, as i don´t try to pull hard anymore, and now get much vapor out of it.

i also first want to buy a dark night or tbh, but the gm of topgreen stated to me that they are inventing also a convection portable vape. he says with 5 heat settings, oled screen and ceramic heating element.
so i asked for a beta test unit when it is ready to test.

he asked me wich temperature settings me and my friends would prefer to get in a vape. i said i can ask them.
but i only have two other friends who are vaping (the rest still combusts), so i want to ask here about prefered temperatures.

i think 3 or 4 settings for dry herb and 1 or 2 higher temp settings for bubble/oil.

what do you think as more experienced vaper?

190 to 225 for dry herb , 250 -265 for the oily stuff?

One high oil setting could work, but i think oil might be able to vape alright at 220-225 even, I think it can be riskier when you make a device that gets any hotter if its not dedicated for concentrates (part of why I don't trust the pinnacle pro).

I also think it should start at 180 or 185 so there can be a pure THC option for headier highs. For five temps, I would say the ideal would be:
180-185
190-195
200-205
210-215
220-225
(The temp setting should be able to remain within each of these ranges, probably right in the middle would be the sweet spot for each if possible)

wyatt herb

true born germaican
One high oil setting could work, but i think oil might be able to vape alright at 220-225 even, I think it can be riskier when you make a device that gets any hotter if its not dedicated for concentrates (part of why I don't trust the pinnacle pro).

I also think it should start at 180 or 185 so there can be a pure THC option for headier highs. For five temps, I would say the ideal would be:
180-185
190-195
200-205
210-215
220-225
(The temp setting should be able to remain within each of these ranges, probably right in the middle would be the sweet spot for each if possible)

thanks you for your reply!
to start at a bit lower temps makes sense to me, but if the device can handle the heat and no plastic parts are there to melt or so, why not get a little higher?
i think i read somewhere the pnp is 243celsius at highest temp, and some people wants a bit higher temp to evaporate extracts better.
but i didn´t find that post anymore.

if 220-225c is enough to make good clouds with oils then your temp chart is top.
the x-max v1 is 220c at the end of the cycle and it seems a bit low for me with the oil cartridge inside. it was only abv oil i tested with, but in the vhit-b with ego battery the oil makes me more medicated
i hope i can get better oil next week for further testing

Last edited:
wyatt herb,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
thanks you for your reply!
to start at a bit lower temps makes sense to me, but if the device can handle the heat and no plastic parts are there to melt or so, why not get a little higher?
i think i read somewhere the pnp is 243celsius at highest temp, and some people wants a bit higher temp to evaporate extracts better.
but i didn´t find that post anymore.

if 220-225c is enough to make good clouds with oils then your temp chart is top.
the x-max v1 is 220c at the end of the cycle and it seems a bit low for me with the oil cartridge inside. it was only abv oil i tested with, but in the vhit-b with ego battery the oil makes me more medicated
i hope i can get better oil next week for further testing

If you think the materials can handle it, maybe, but I just feel like there are more chances for things to go wrong if it gets super hot and theyre trying to do both in one unit (similar to the old saying, I think one function done really well is better than two functions each done serviceably okay), but I haven't really experimented with oils myself.

The low temps are about the effects (and taste for many), not everyone wants to extract an entire load (low temps will leave more goodies in AVB), and some don't like the more body cbd effects as much. Personally I think they both have their places so a device that has a nice range of temps is a big pro for me, I usually like to start bowls low and take them higher later on (not in one session).

Thanks for doing all this legwork on the x-max dude!

wyatt herb

true born germaican
If you think the materials can handle it, maybe, but I just feel like there are more chances for things to go wrong if it gets super hot and theyre trying to do both in one unit (similar to the old saying, I think one function done really well is better than two functions each done serviceably okay), but I haven't really experimented with oils myself.

The low temps are about the effects (and taste for many), not everyone wants to extract an entire load (low temps will leave more goodies in AVB), and some don't like the more body cbd effects as much. Personally I think they both have their places so a device that has a nice range of temps is a big pro for me, I usually like to start bowls low and take them higher later on (not in one session).

Thanks for doing all this legwork on the x-max dude!

you are right if it evapes the oil on high temps the same as now, its better to stay only on dryherb and create a wide temperature range for it, to evape noid after noid.
if the device is useful for wax also depends a bit on materials used and if there is a cartridge , a metal sponge or something else to hold the oil i think.
also they say the version2 x-max will use convection as heating method, makes it a bit different then this version for heating oils.

if they do a changeable top on the new version maybe a solution to do both.
like the tvape but with extra oil oven
one for herb one for oil.

i think they really want to invent good vapes, but they only can test without cannabis so they want our opinion on temperatures used for different highs/cannabinoids and other usful tips/opinions

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
I'm getting one of these too now! Also the guys from Imag have send me the concept of their new Imag Junior vaporizer, which is even more interesting, I think! It looks like a mini elevape (only 8,5cm long and 1cm thick) with full metal housing. I will ask them for permission to publish their document here. I'm really excited about this one!

I've said it already: 2014 will be the year of chinese vaporizers and I'm sure sooner or later they will come up with a really good unit! (with the FlowerMate V, maybe there is already one)

Last edited:
Top Bottom