1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

iHeat 510 Heater Cartridge

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Alan, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Alan

Alan Master JedHI Manufacturer

@HerbieVonVapster - The only difference with the pineapple iHeat is the shape. There are lots of possibilities. Thanks for updating the FCSHARE files. Still enjoying my DNA board.

Here is a photo of the longer roasting tubes from my recent batch.

[​IMG]

2. started@52

started@52 Active Member

Look awesome! How does one order one and or one that holds the capsules? Thanks.

Alan and almost there like this.
  3. TNT_error

TNT_error Well-Known Member

@started@52 just pm Alan and he'll get you set up.

My iheat and my 19/19 wood stem cones today! Very excited!

4. Haze Mister

Haze Mister Well-Known Member

It seems that the issue I had with the Steam Engine can be worked around by opening the battery door and reseating the batteries.

So, to recap: every time I screw the iHeat onto the Steam Engine it refuses to work. This can be sometimes fixed by loosening the screw at the bottom of the iHeat so it sticks out a little more, but now I find that I can get it to work just by reseating the batteries.... :shrug:

I also just received an evic Primo SE which fits the iHeat perfectly and works great in simple variable wattage mode at 32 W (as does the Steam Engine). The Primo SE is very nice and portable with a pleasing curved shape.

I have been thinking about stems. We need stems that are short as possible for using in public spaces, but also with some way to cool the vapor. I found that a 19mm male to male piece with a screen in the middle works well. The additional screen absorbs some heat.
    The epicvape GonG adapter for the nano is a perfect fit!

Photos to follow!

Another thing would be to have short glass tubes with a spiral air path (like a conch shell) . This can be seen in the new anti-spit drip tips for e-liquid tanks- those really make for a smooth vape experience.
    [​IMG]

5. aoaiwof

aoaiwof Member

Can you guys comment on the runtime of the iHeat on the evic VTC mini and the evic Primo SE? I'd like to get an iHeat but I'm looking for an inexpensive mod to run it on, and a single battery appeals to me, just curious how much time you get out of it.

6. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

I get about 4 bowls per charge with my usage pattern. You'll get probably much more if you like cashing yours fast. I like to have mine last personally.

aoaiwof likes this.
  7. aoaiwof

aoaiwof Member

Can you expand on your usage pattern a bit? :D I'm planning on using this mostly as an on demand, so I guess 4 bowls with a few hits per bowl is pretty good from a single 18650, I'd be happy with that. :)

KeroZen likes this.
  8. Hackerman

Hackerman Unspecified

I use an Eleaf iStick Power mod with my iHeat and it works perfectly and lasts a long time. It's small, charges quickly and it's inexpensive enough that I own 3 of them and rotate them. The batteries are NOT removable but with 3 of them, I don't need removable batteries.

I use TCR=90 and 410F to 420F (I like it hot).

It's like these 2 were made to go together. A single charge lasts 6 or 7 bowls of 5 or 6 hits each. That's a full day for most people.

Diggy Smalls likes this.
  9. TNT_error

TNT_error Well-Known Member

@aoaiwof 3-4 bowls is usually the average for a single 18650 and you're looking at 3-6 hits per session. The iheat heats up fast so it could be more or less than the average

Vapeur Rogue, KeroZen and aoaiwof like this.
  10. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

I get upwards of 30 hits per bowl using the same material quantity as others, and my exhales don't look too shabby to me... so I've always been puzzled by the size of the hits you guys must be doing to cash the same quantity so fast.

Unless you stop earlier than me maybe? Say if you stop as soon as the taste degrades I could understand maybe... or it's just that we don't have the same kind of lungs. Also that I use my vapes exclusively dry and I find exhaling big clouds to be a waste personally... I don't know.

11. Andreaerdna

Andreaerdna If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

HI @Alan I just received my hcigar vt75d the same model you choose

Fake wood panel looks cheap but I tried it quickly and it seems already an improvement (more even cook and faster vapor production) I would like to know how do you use it.. would you mind sharing your setting with this mod please?

Happy roasting everybody

Edit: i took off fake wood panels and it looks even nicer to me.
    I found it is quite easy to play with its settings, they are few and not so complicates.
    SS316 29w 227C. This gives me first hit thicker (a lot thiker) than my 27w on wattage mode on witcher and overheating seems it is no more a risk while the exhale is way more impressive (wastefull yes, but satisfying)

Love it. Got it on gearbest @60€

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Alan, KidFated. and Diggy Smalls like this.
  12. Andreaerdna

Andreaerdna If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

As they say, too late to edit

Had an accident last night. Fall asleep with my new hcigar in hand and i was waken up by the sound of my more recent joy falling on the tile floor

Seemed ok but I was too baked to check properly

Today it was acting a little anemic and after exposing the coil I saw it was standing Pisa tower like, no more vertical. With a gentle push of finger it went back in its right position (I pushed the outher post and the whole spiral moved back) and performances are back on

I found that @237-247 of coil temp it correspond a convective stream @185-190C which is my fave spot

« Dna 75c evolv thing » is worthed the extra money, no need for a pc to tailor pretty fine, puff graphs are usefull. hcigar is one of the cheapest options and feels nice in hand

Only thing that is qestioning my happiness is: how much power is given to coil in preheat time? could it be too much (even if for very short time)?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 5:51 AM
    Alan, almost there and SloJimFizz like this.
  13. aoaiwof

aoaiwof Member

14. Alan

Alan Master JedHI Manufacturer

@Andreaerdna - I am using the SS316 profile, 0.33 ohms, 34 watts, and 290F. The preheat is on with a kick of 5. I recommend downloading escribe so that you can connect it to your computer to make a few more changes. I locked the resistance value so that it doesn't prompt for new values. You still have the option to measure the resistance. The default preheat wattage is 75 which is why it gets to temperature so quickly. It can be lowered using escribe. The puff info is a great way to fine tune draw speed and time.
    Glad to hear you were able to straighten the coil so that it is performing well again. Still need to get more ss foil liners cut. That will happen with an upcoming iHeat batch.

@aoaiwof - I just need to cut some threads on the wood so that those mouthpieces will screw on like they do with the glass tubes. I may be doing things with arizer stems for a project I'm working on to make a HI w/ a larger heater cover. The arizer stems may be a perfect fit.

15. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Notorious

Has anyone had any experience with the Uwell Nunchaku 80w TC mod? It's cylindrical like the iheat cartridge, I would like that form factor more than a thick mod.
    https://www.elementvape.com/uwell-nunchaku-80w-tc-starter-kit
    Lavabox M is a really cheap dna mod I was thinking about, but it's not that appealing in looks.

Andreaerdna likes this.
  16. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

I like a lot the look of this Nunchaku, especially the purple one. Yes I'm still a fan of this form factor too!

Diggy Smalls likes this.
  17. aoaiwof

aoaiwof Member

So the 12mm roasting tubes will fit the Arizer mouthpieces if threaded correctly? That's awesome!

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors