I need a vaporizer. What should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Have you read the flashVape thread, it does sound great. Start at the end and read back afew pages.
I think you'll see.
I'D say Consider it.

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: t-dub

Tweek

Is the draw technique with the S2 as brainless as the Solo? With the Solo you just suck...pretty simple instructions.

I am getting the feeling that the FVS2 is going to be for me, I just wonder (having not used it yet) how beginner friendly it will be.

The idea of getting on demand Solo type hits with no waste makes me drool!

I wouldn't say it is brainless, but it's pretty darn easy to get the vapor Vito was getting in his vids without burning. They are both awesome vapes, but I have to give the edge to the FV w/stage-2 kit for a few reasons:

--User replaceable batteries
--Durable. Very little to break on an FV
--Huge bowl
--Pure flavour and a nice ceramic oven

I could go on...but I definitely think the Solo has some stiff competition here.

Edit: Either way, both are solid choice Christina...so you can't lose either way.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Another plus for the FV is that its draw is unrestricted while the Solo has the milkshake draw going. I agree with Tweek though, they both probably won't disappoint.

natural farmer

So i should consider the flash vape with s2 kit over the solo then?

Even if it may take some time for me to be able to order the Stage 2 kit of the FlashVape (I already have the Stage 1) I would boldly say to you that the FVS2 IS the next Solo... :tup: Go for it for true portability or get a log if it's just for a friends house...

natural farmer,

Armerad

Dabbin'
Another thing to consider is the ability to connect it to glassware (Bongs/Bubblers/etc), if that's important to you.

The Solo's default stems will pair with 14mm glass out of the box, and if you get a GonG stem from PlanetVape (Letting you choose your joint size) or a wooden stem from Ed's TnT (which fits 14mm), you have a very portable glass ready unit.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Christina...I would usggest you take a look at both threads and see what the units look like. It may come down to aesthetics with two vapes that are both good and similarly priced. I haven't gotten to use the FVS2 kit but I trust the people on here praising it. I have had a Solo for a while and I am confident you will be pleased with it. What's the difference here in price...like $40?

You should be happy with either one and quickly forget the AtmosRaw.

I think Solo trumps the FVS2 when it comes to stealth, and the FVS2 appears to have more immediate and impressive vapor production. Talking with an owner of both gave me this impression and Vito's video does too.Armerad is definitely correct about also taking into consideration the ease with which your vaporizer will mate to glass, and the Solo seems to win there. The Solo would seem to me to have superior life on a full charge (8-12 bowls) to the two batteries which comes with the FVS2, which are supposed to be good for 1-3 bowls each, and I think 3 is pushing it. The Solo has one of the lowest, easiest learning curves of any vaporizer I've ever used - you can share it with those completely unfamiliar with it and they'll get satisfying clouds as long as they can simply inhale on a tube.

I've ordered a FVS2 out of my own rampant curiousity, with the rationalization that I'll use it for "educational reasons" alone and will only fail to sell/trade it away if I absolutely love it.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I think Solo trumps the FVS2 when it comes to stealth, and the FVS2 appears to have more immediate and impressive vapor production. Talking with an owner of both gave me this impression and Vito's video does too.Armerad is definitely correct about also taking into consideration the ease with which your vaporizer will mate to glass, and the Solo seems to win there. The Solo would seem to me to have superior life on a full charge (8-12 bowls) to the two batteries which comes with the FVS2, which are supposed to be good for 1-3 bowls each, and I think 3 is pushing it. The Solo has one of the lowest, easiest learning curves of any vaporizer I've ever used - you can share it with those completely unfamiliar with it and they'll get satisfying clouds as long as they can simply inhale on a tube.

I've ordered a FVS2 out of my own rampant curiousity, with the rationalization that I'll use it for "educational reasons" alone and will only fail to sell/trade it away if I absolutely love it.

I don't own a Solo, but I think you probably have the battery life comparison right. The FV is trivial to connect to a water tool. I have the Magic-Flight water pipe whip, and that's all you need. FlashVAPE will be introducing something in the future for this, but anyone can hook up glass with easily obtained tubing and an adapter. Learning to use the FVS2 is as easy as the Solo, but the FV in conduction mode does have a learning curve. You didn't mention the airflow, but the Solo has the milkshake draw while the FV is unrestricted.

Prediction: We will not see your FV in the Classifieds any time soon. ;)

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

Damn, CDS. I wish I had known that you bought one before I had placed my order.:doh: I could've picked it up from you for a song! I've got this old motorola pager laying around here that I'm sure you could use for a nice paperweight. I also have a shitload of blank 3.5" floppy discs that I could've bartered.:disgust:

To the OP I would echo the opinion that either Solo or FV would be good vapes to get.

:peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom