I got busted . I wanna share and cry for your help ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@ OTA - I didn't include that one in my post because I think most people will find the strong cedar smell to be too much and it has a classic core which people might also not want. If someone did want to buy it for an Abysmal donation I would certainly be ok with it.

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It's really that bad aye? :lol:

Ok, I thought you had just overlooked that one. Does it smell like pine? If so I'm sure someone will want it, judging by all those rear-view mirror air-fresheners that are sold all over the world :)

OhTheAgony,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
It's not a bad smell exactly just a strong cedar one.. not quite like pine.. more like the inside of a cedar lined closet or humidor lol.

underdog,

SmokingElectricity

I sympathize with you dude cause I've been there. 6 months in county jail and 5 years on felony probation was the worst experience in my life.

Best of luck to you fellow vaporist.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I just had a really busy day at the University.. i gotta catch up with material before it is too late.. :) But now it is time for sweet vapors..
You guys are awesome !!! Thank you for all your support.. i am getting stronger and better everyday .. recovering to normal life.. I just got messed up from time to time when i think of whats ahead but then the thought of all you wanting to help me and feeling for me and supporting me... is the best cure possible.. :).
---------------------
OTA the cedar twig got the looks for sure and wears a fancy perfume.. Someone might even like this :)..
Sessnet - I am trying not to get paranoid but i am trying to be as careful as possible too.
Dave i dream that one day i can shake your hand in person and thank you for all that you are doing just for a fellow dog in trouble.. :cheers:

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: B.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I don't think I have ever seen a better community in my entire time on the internet, for us all to converge and help our friend like this, even though we have never met him... well it kind of restores my faith in humanity a little bit. I knew as soon as I saw this I needed to help, it's just the way I am, but seeing that so many others are doing the same gives me so much hope.

Abysmal, seem to me you've got the best defense you can get over there. Bulgaria sounds like a nightmare. Once this ordeal is over you need to get out of there.

Qbit

cannabanana
Another PM here too please Abysmal. I haven't got much, but I can manage to give a little.

PS Some people here have been pretty harsh on Bulgaria. It may have some terrible drug laws, and quite likely many other problems too, but a country is much more than its current government or the laws it has on its books. I know my sister had a lovely time there a few years ago.

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
Can't read the entire thread now, but read your law used to allow for personal use amounts, but changed that in 2006 due to judges allowing kilos of heroin to go as personal use (since the amounts were not defined in law).

I hope you find an attorney with specific experience, who can work the personal use angle.

I think I would start by sending all the judges the latest report to the UN about the war on drugs, and any other studies supporting medical marijuana, and articles about the American's making it illegal for business reasons, not to protect people.

Then, in trail, ask if they want you out paying taxes and being a good citizen for your community, or sitting in jail, unable to get future employment or pay for anything.

maybe you need to also explain you were simply moving to a new home, and had to take the bus.

*personal use
*only out for the move
*I'm more valuable to my community as a student and consumer, than would be possible in jail.

This is obviously a problem my country caused for you, everyone;s playing follow the leader in the war on drugs (I could be wrong).

If you come to california I can offer you a place to live for a couple of months, but I can't help you find work, or get past the legality of working here while illegal. (But you can get your med card for $45)

Good luck, - jeez that sounds lame

- below is from 2006
EUROPE CRITICISES BULGARIA ON DRUG LAWS

The European Commission demanded that Bulgaria’s Parliament determine quickly what the amount of drugs constituting personal possession should be and accept measures for the decriminalisation of its possession.
Sofia Echo.com January 02, 2006
On Thursday, Parliament will consider changes to the penal code, which envisage imprisonment of between 10 and 15 years for anyone caught with a narcotic substance, regardless of its quantity. The EC sharply criticised Bulgaria for the lack of differentiation between people dependent on narcotic substances and drug dealers. Whatever the punishment for drug possession was, it should not be imprisonment, the EC suggested. In Austria, people in possession of only a small amount of a forbidden substance for personal use are usually accepted for treatment in medical centres, Novinar newspaper reported. In March last year the National Assembly criminalised the possession of a single dose. In this way, national authorities placed addicts among criminals, alongside drug dealers. Last week four non-government organisations presented a report stating that the measure was ineffective. Nearly 2500 people have been detained for drug possession in the past year. Experts, however, said that the court cannot determine which of these are addicts and which are dealers.

other than a place to stay, I can't help with $, sorry (FED ED just got cancelled in California, so my unemployment runs out next week.

Abysmal Vapor

Thank you guys for getting my back and helping me out of this dreadful situation .
_----------
Hey VW there is a good chance is that it goes for possession and personal use . For sure i have motives for that and the waterpipes i was bringing with me justify that somehow. but still i can be convicted as a dealer cuz i had a scale in my luggage ( and this is one of the main evidences if it goes that way - kind of ill logic i explained i use it to help me keep dosage and don't go into abuse. ).
I did found a skillful lawyer who can work out the personal use angle you are speaking of , and she says that it is very likely to happen if she does her job it is 70 % likely that she succeeds. (It all depends on the personality of the judge and the prosecutor, cuz there are few good guys and many mad dogs over there). Personal use can go few ways too.. I can get jail time or conditional sentence + administrative penalty and probation (all of those will be noted in my file and will mess up with career)
Calling publicity and promoting effects of the mj (medical or recreational) will call more public attention to my case and make the Judges more fierce and willing to make example of my case and show publicity what happens to bad addicts..
As said meth=pot=crack in their book..
*personal use ------- Most likely they believe but there are still other exits possible :(.
*only out for the move (I explained all that.. but i don't know what is it is weight in court and how it can help me..
*I'm more valuable to my community as a student and consumer, than would be possible in jail. -- That is for sure .. but then again i am just the X case of a student who gets his life and career fucked up just for using high risk narcotic .. + 99% of the policemen around here have never been or even thought of being a student.. so even when they bust you.. they see a boost in their career on the small price of yours... They don't care who is busted or not as soon as they filled their "needed numbers..".
You are right about follow the leader who is pointing the bad guys syndrome.. + as mentioned we got a filthy rich COP for prime minister and bodyguard as head of the leading party.. (ex agent in the comunist secret services ).
If you come to california I can offer you a place to live for a couple of months, but I can't help you find work, or get past the legality of working here while illegal. (But you can get your med card for $45)
Тhat will be a dream come true for sure i will consider it seriously one day ! Finding a job and being legal is what i am worried about at most.. I gotta check how badly can possible future verdicts reflect on that.. and how hard it is going to be to get a legal job there.
Offering me a place to stay gives me comfort and makes my heart melt away + medical card = happy times.. :)
Thank you for those beams of hope that brighten up my path into my maze of desperation..
Good luck, - jeez that sounds lame
---- I don't think that it sounds lame it is what i really need atm.. other than $ and a good lawyer ,
-------------------------------------------------------------
Qbit Bulgaria is a phenomena of nature and will always be in my heart.. But if you don't plan on living in the forest.. it is a pretty awful place to live.. Corruption rules everywhere and young people are smashed by the Old Law... + You can see day by day how things are getting worst and future seems darker and obscured.. Our country is notorious for the brain leakage (students and educated people getting out of the country in search of better life..)
Do you know that once arrested for pot you get a lifetime FLAG on your id for possesion and they can hold you for 24 and search you whenever they want.. without any legal reasons... + messed up career if you get a verdict.
--------------------------
Sry if my reply seems a bit chaotic but i spend a long night with my school projects and my head is a spectacular mess right now. I need a little puff of calmness to get things straight,,
Love you FC !!!!
------------------------------------------------------
Plz check this out so you can get an idea how tough things can go if you got a mean judge,prosecutor and no magician-lawyer.... HERE (its google translation but you will get the idea..)
(I must say that the guy on video with the joint in the parliament is now considered totally nuts and extremely brave : He is saying : Look at this , this is what you ruin a persons life for.. he even asks the president to neglect/excuse the verdict (i am not sure this is the right translation) :bowdown: but it gave almost zero effect in the publicity and will be remembered as a funny story - 8 years prison and 5000 euro penalty)..

Abysmal Vapor,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
you're welcome, really

here's what i read that seemed to contradict itself, but lights the issue also...your challenge would seem to be convincing them it's not really a high risk drug, that your own country provides most of the weed to the EU. That people who are driven to self-medicate are not criminal in intent, just in need of something basic we are blocked from getting naturally, and we are better citizens for managing this responsibly. That we're not exactly drug addicts, it's more of a life-style choice which matches up somewhat well with our brain chemistry deficiency. And that for thousands of years people had been allowed to use it before the Americans fucked everything up, and made it so we could only use alcohol, which is much more damaging to our health.

sorry, my old shoes again

anyway, what i read...it's a side article on Wikipedia

Bulgaria - The drug laws changed
The drug laws in my home country have just changed. Here's the url: http://lex.bg/laws/ldoc.php?IDNA=2135534629 and in there "Член 354а" is what concerns us. http://www.pravovadurzhava.com/resources/laws/lawid/51/type/view/index.html is another place with the whole bulgarian criminal code. That's the law since 13 october 2006. The idea of the new law is that in "unimportant cases" (like having a joint) there's only a fine of no more than 1000 leva. It is still quite unclear is this a real change, as "unimportant cases" is undefined or at least I haven't found a definition.
A few years ago the law was like "for small amounts - a fine" but there were judges abusing the "small amounts" in trials for kilograms of heroine (as small amounts was undefined in laws). So the government changed it to the prohibitionistic law. I hope this doesn't happen again.

Abysmal Vapor

reading that again, I hope your case is ruled as an "unimportant case"
This is what i hope for.. but it is a bit unlikely since amount is 7 g (which is considered a big amount). + First i will get a conviction for possession and then my lawyer should fight for it being unimportant.. If i got convicted on the other articles it is almost impossible).
Anyway the single dose rule was removed few years ago because police said dealers are abusing it (they carry only one dose so they cannot be caught easily for distribution).
Here a how things happen around here..
First they point you as guilty and then you have to prove you are innocent.
First they arrest you and and then check if they had right to arrest.. by searching you pockets.. hold you for 24 hours if they like.. sampling your blood and getting examinated by proffessionals:science: To see if u don't need involuntary specialized care to help me get rid of physical dependency to pot.. or to repair the mental damage i have cause to my self..

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It's not a bad smell exactly just a strong cedar one.. not quite like pine.. more like the inside of a cedar lined closet or humidor lol.

Does Cedar smell anything like cinnamon? I had a small sifter box made of Cedar I returned because it smelled strongly of cinnamon and I felt it was artificial at the time, should I starting feeling bad about it..?

Also, as Qbit pointed out, I could have been a little more nuanced yesterday. I meant stupid drug laws and law enforcers instead of stupid country of course.

Oh, and another also: Ab, pictures of hot lawyer in my inbox pronto plz ;D

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Hey Abysmal, send me a PM with your Paypal address so I can send you a few $$$.

VWFringe, can foreigners get a MMJ card? How do you get it? Is it transferable to other states? I'm going to the US in August for a few months so this could come in handy.

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
You need to be a resident of California (or one of the other current 16 states/D.C. that currently has a medical law on the books). It definitely is not transferable to other states, and still illegal on a Federal level. Even though we have those medical states, it is still federally classified as a Schedule I drug, meaning highly addictive and no medical value. Our govt. doesn't care much for science.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_Substances_Act

That said, I'd feel safer in California or Colorado, than any other place in the world. Unless we all pull together, buy a tropical island, and start FC nation.

CA penalties - http://norml.org/laws/item/california-penalties?category_id=847
CO penalties - http://norml.org/laws/item/colorado-penalties?category_id=848

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Oh well, so much for that idea!

Despite its illegal status here, I don't worry about it too much. I've been busted a few times with small amounts and the cops just confiscated it and told me not to do it again. I have to admit that the cops in my state aren't too bad.

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
You need to be a resident of California (or one of the other current 16 states/D.C. that currently has a medical law on the books). It definitely is not transferable to other states,
wow, that's nuts- in Europe it's exactly the other way around. Here in the UK we have no medical marijuana and no capacity in law for it. However, under the Shenegen(?) Treaty, European citizens can carry prescribed medicine throughout all states in the EU (that have signed up). It just so happens that Holland does prescribe medical marijuana... so if you've got a Dutch prescription and the pharmacy weed (and normally 'reside' there) and the cops try to charge you for it in whilst another European country then it's against European law for them to do so.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
You need to be a resident of California (or one of the other current 16 states/D.C. that currently has a medical law on the books). It definitely is not transferable to other states, and still illegal on a Federal level. Even though we have those medical states, it is still federally classified as a Schedule I drug, meaning highly addictive and no medical value. Our govt. doesn't care much for science.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_Substances_Act

That said, I'd feel safer in California or Colorado, than any other place in the world. Unless we all pull together, buy a tropical island, and start FC nation.

CA penalties - http://norml.org/laws/item/california-penalties?category_id=847
CO penalties - http://norml.org/laws/item/colorado-penalties?category_id=848

There are states in the US, in which a MMJ patient holding a valid card/recommendation from another state, can temporarily use there previous states credentials. I believe the two states have to have laws that are similar enough so as not to create an issue legally. I only knew about this because the state I live in allows out of state patients the right to access medicine/medicate without prosecution, as long as a valid recommendation and/or state registry card are provided from another state with MMJ laws.

Excerpt from a description of my states MMJ laws said:
Out of State Patients
A visiting medical marijuana patient with an equivalent ID issued by another state is protected by Maine's medical marijuana laws. This protection is temporary so if are a patient who plans on staying in Maine, then you must get a Maine patient ID.

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Sorry. There are a few states that recognize anothers card.

According to CANORML, http://www.canorml.org/faq.html

Arizona, Montana and Michigan have reciprocity in their medical marijuana laws. Rhode Island respects out-of-state recommendations for any "debilitating medical condition." Vermont allows recommendations from neighboring states for Vermont residents only.
The Oregon law does not include a reciprocity provision. However, the Oregon Court of Appeals has ruled (and the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program has confirmed) that patients from out of state are permitted to register with the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program to obtain a registry identification card, the same as an Oregon resident, which will protect them from arrest or prosecution while in Oregon. These out of state patients are required to obtain a recommendation for the medical use of marijuana from an Oregon licensed physician. State v. Berringer, 229 P3d 615 (2010).

EDIT: Maine enacted their reciprocity after the above article was published.

gn0me

gnonsensical
Manufacturer
We're thinking of you over here, Abysmal. I have heard that Golden is Sofia's sister city, but with all the differences in politic and process I can only hope that the other sister catches up with the times. It is a hard struggle to get everything legal over here, so I can only imagine what it is like in Bulgaria at the present. At the moment all I can offer is my support, but once things settle down and my rent is paid I will see about making something special to auction and support your cause. Good luck - be sure to keep us posted.

Abysmal Vapor

Thank you for the great support and compassion !!! I am puffing one up for all your health and prosperity and i call fate to repay you in times your goodness !!!:luv:
-----------------------------------------
Thank you for jumpin in Calen ! It is sad how different can Sisters sharing one and the same mother Earth to be so different.. and distant .. :) . I hope Sofia can take some of Golden's wisdom ..
Cheers!

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
One day Abysmal, this will be an amusing tale for the grandchildren. They will marvel that the world went insane and criminalized a plant at one point in history. Keep your spirits up and don't let them get you down too much. You did nothing wrong and justice will prevail. They can slow you down, but they can't stop you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom