1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

How many TRUE combustion-fuckers?

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by SVuser, Jun 21, 2012.

?

How many TRUE combustion-fuckers?

1. I fucked combustion completely

56.7%
  2. I mostly vape but combust regularly

9.1%
  3. I mostly vape but combust rarely

31.0%
  4. I combust more than I vape

2.7%
  5. Fuck vaping

0.5%
  1. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

2-3 times a year i enjoy a tiny load hash in my sebsi (traditional morocco pipe) heated with a glowing stick of a campfire, guess that's more caused by wanderlust for the atlas and rif mountains but the taste ain't that bad tbh a burned load in a vapcap/vaponic tastes worse to me - i know :suspicious: :mental: :rant: :goon:...

tonuzzi, CarolKing and His_Highness like this.
  2. Whisper

Whisper Member

just want to add that although I voted months ago, I am totally combustion free. I would rather abstain than combust.

3. Silver420Surfer

Silver420Surfer Well-Known Member

Almost 8yrs of zero cannabis combustion:rockon:

:rip:bongs, blunts, joints:rip:

4. metaknight

metaknight I dab. A lot.

I have not completely given up combustion, I take dabs off of my quartz nail everyday. But I also vape everyday.

His_Highness likes this.
  5. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

Dabbing is conduction + convection vaporization as long as your temps are right.

6. metaknight

metaknight I dab. A lot.

I time my quartz nail past 1 minute. I don't have an IR thermometer handy but what I can say is that it always pools and I don't burn the concentrates on the wall of the banger. I'm assuming that's just vaping but I could be wrong and it's a mixture of combustion and vaporizing because of the color of the leftover concentrate.

His_Highness likes this.
  7. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

If you're not burning the residual plant material on you're definitely at vaporization temps!

His_Highness and metaknight like this.
  8. metaknight

metaknight I dab. A lot.

I will say I hate the taste of combustion, but dabbing brings out the taste of the concentrates just like putting some in some cotton and sticking it in your favorite vaporizer. :D

Maybe even more so because mine is all glass/quartz, from the air path to the mouth. I don't have anything in my house that has that. I want the Evo for that reason, because it's just a little bit of stainless steel to hold the weed.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  9. Pussyholeyute

Pussyholeyute Member

I like to smoke sometimes. It's more communal

10. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

Not if everyone else in the commune is vaping...

11. Pussyholeyute

Pussyholeyute Member

I
    Just can't convince my two friends that vaping is good. They basically can't get high without a gravity bong. Any tips ?

12. metaknight

metaknight I dab. A lot.

They have to truly quit for a few weeks (meaning a month to a month and a half, not 3 weeks!) and say they don't get high off of a good vaporizer.

13. Pussyholeyute

Pussyholeyute Member

Yeah that's almost impossible lol. They smoke at least once a day Normally more

14. asdf420

asdf420 Member

but vaping is supposed to be more potent? Is vaping herb between combustion and dabs in potency?
    Could do dabs... they're technically vaporizing.. :p
    I wanna try a vapcap with a gravity bong.. maybe from a 750mL liquor bottle

don't think I want to give up combustion for good, but it likely won't be a regular habit again. Still wanna fuck with joints somewhat, but something I wanna try is those fancy ass cigars made only out of weed, with wax and stuff

15. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

The high from vaping is qualitatively different from the one from combusting. For one thing, combustion produces carbon dioxide, which, when inhaled, prohibits absorbing of oxygen, leading to oxygen deprivation. So, in part, a combustion high is not based on cannabinoids at all. Other factors are discussed here:
    http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/smoking-vs-vaporizing.4/
    And some other good information here:
    http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/switching-from-smoking-to-vaporizing.5/

The high from vaping is in some ways more subtle, 'cleaner' and, so, an aquired taste that can take a little time to realize and adjust to. Over time, the potency comparison should not even be an issue. If "comatose" is your destination, vaping may not be the road to take. But you sure can get wicked high!

Taste is another thing that should not be discounted. It's a world of difference, but again, can take a little time to fully appreciate.

For me (and wife), the transition was immediate. As decades-long consumers, we had reached a point where we would be coughing almost every time we smoked a joint (we did love our joints some!). A Pax was our first encounter, and even though I now know there are "better" vapes & processes (Beware! the VAS is strong!), that experience was enough to seal the deal for us. That was 4+ years ago, and as others also say, combustion now tastes like fireplace ash.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  16. asdf420

asdf420 Member

I keep hearing that CO/CO2 stuff... but I tried smoking chamomille in a bubbler and also in a "joint" (was really, really bored... and broke). It really sucked. Completely sober, no "stoned" effect. Just nausea after a bit. I think it's just that you're getting different chemicals, kind of like how vapor signatures are different?... if I can get an effect similar to edibles, I'll be happy.

you can't get all of the good stuff vaporized with low temperatures that give the wispy vapor? Some vaporizers are capable of really thick full vapor without actually combusting, I think that is awesome. Wispy tasty vapor and thick vapor that gets you stoned as fuck both have their place?

I've been a combuster for a few years, was a near-daily combuster for a month or so. The only vaping I've done is a little bit of dabbing from homemade qwiso hash, and some from extract-infused e-juice pens. Can't wait to get my hands on an M and some dank indica..

when I was running low, I was having good results combusting tiny amounts of keef every other day to keep tolerance low. Really, microdosing with a bubbler. And got a pretty damn nice high. So really excited to see what an M can offer.
    before that i was smoking decent amounts of flower every day, out of a bong. with high tolerance it gets pretty lame...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    His_Highness likes this.
  17. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

The 80's are calling; they want your friends back.

Silver420Surfer and His_Highness like this.
  18. Pimpslapper

Pimpslapper Active Member

I won't smoke it anymore.
    Rather pass on it tbh.
    That being said I always have the crafty with loaded capsules so I ain't missing out!
    When my crafty and my friend's mighty are around no one in our group of 7 combusts.
    They have learned the hard way to respect the mighty/crafty lol

His_Highness likes this.
  19. m0sh

m0sh Singer Song Writer Stoner

I never combust if that's my call, however, I do hang out with friends who smoke and I often take few tokes when out and about from friends, but when it comes to me, I vape only...I wish I could say no to a joint...I just can't.

tonuzzi and His_Highness like this.
  20. His_Highness

His_Highness In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

I drink too much, get a hangover and say "I will never drink like that again". Months or more later the memory fades and I'm capable of drinking too much again.

Combustion is the same as the above for me .... Friends torch one up and I hit it and immediately I'm reminded of how much I hate the taste, smell and lung burn. I steer clear of smoking again until the memory fades and in a weak state, without a vape in sight.....well, you know how the story ends.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors