How many TRUE combustion-fuckers?

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by SVuser, Jun 21, 2012.

?

How many TRUE combustion-fuckers?

1. I fucked combustion completely

56.2%
  2. I mostly vape but combust regularly

9.3%
  3. I mostly vape but combust rarely

31.1%
  4. I combust more than I vape

2.7%
  5. Fuck vaping

0.5%
  1. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Daily Roaster

I had a really really bad day and a buddy gave me a lift home and lifted my spirits. I needed that let me tell you what, and I just couldn't say no to a couple hits on the blunt. I'm not beating myself up over it. That was the first time in months.

2. Marihuana

Marihuana Iso Tensei

If someone wants to smoke some flower with me, I'm not going to refuse. I feel like combusted bud adds texture to my high. When I'm doing my thing, I only vape concentrates.

3. kellya86

kellya86 Herb gardener...

See, I find that combusted flower ruins my high...
    Turns it heavy and groggy....
    And make me taste bonfire for the next hour...

I don't combust at all now, and haven't for ages... it's just not nice for me.....

Although I do have fond memories of years of smoking, vaping has ruined it for me....
    I can never go back.....

4. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

I combusted with my Vapcap first time ever yesterday. We were out hiking up a mountain. It was very windy. I used a single jet (should have brought a quad) and couldn't see the flame. On the third cycle I had a hard time aiming and ended up just lightly consisting. It was gross. My mouth tasted like an ashtray the rest of the day till I got home and washed my mouth out....yuck!

5. Kalessin

Kalessin Well-Known Member

:o Squibs, no! We believed in you! You were the chosen one! :uhoh:

6. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

@Kalessin Yes, it's true. After a year of vaping every day, I finally combusted. I feel like I have now been initiated into a private club.

But, I have learned that I need a quad when vaping on a windy summit and some method of shielding it from the wind. It was like trying to like a cigarette in a huricane with a match. I think that the cap couldn't reach the click with the high wind, single jet and and my bad aim; the wind kept the cap too cool to click, but the covered tip kept heating.

Hahaha. AND WE WERE ALREADY HIGH FROM THE VAPOR BEFORE THE SMOKE INCIDENT..

7. Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes The map is not the territory

I had a strange combustion incident shortly after I got my glass OG VapCap, but luckily I didn't inhale. :cool:

I had stuffed it full, as I always do, and put the cap on. Shortly after I started heating it with the torch I saw a bright flash and then the bowl was suddenly cherried. The cap didn't even come close to clicking! :hmm:

It turns out I had stuffed it so full that some of my herb had got caught between the cap and the outside of the chamber, which promptly combusted when the torch hit it, and it spread into the chamber.

A quick clean and I was back in business, now I make sure it's not overfilled when I pack it. It wasn't a very costly lesson to learn, about .07
    grams worth of material.

8. ander

ander Well-Known Member

1 year and 4 months of vaping... 4 months after the last tobacco+hash pipe. A very hard up and down trip... curse me if I fall in combustion again, shit!
    @Vapor_Eyes @Squiby do you really combusted? Combustion means ashes to me, and since I vape I never been able to combust... I sometimes char, and charring is far more bad than combustion!

His_Highness likes this.
  9. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

Well, not really. I vape 100% of the time. When I said I combusted the other day, it was an accident and when I smelled it I didn't inhale. However, when I checked the chamber, it was very dark ABV, no ashes at all. But being used to wonderful vapor flavour, this was gross!

His_Highness, Derrrpp and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  10. Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes The map is not the territory

@ander: The instance I mentioned in that post was most certainly combustion. The bowl turned bright red and there was ash in it.

I've only combusted a few times here and there since I've started vaping, mostly due to my own negligence. I would disagree about charring being worse though. If I actually inhale the smoke, the taste lingers in my mouth forever. It's like I ate an ashtray or campfire or something. :puke:

I also like to clean any affected vaporizer when combustion occurs. I don't find the need to do that with charring.

I haven't intentionally combusted in over a year and a half now. I could never go back, just because of the taste alone. I feel like a snob but I'd rather go without than taste that...

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors