How do you like your eggs?

EveryDayAmnesiac

I don't believe anyone has mentioned avocado in their eggs yet? Forgive me if I'm wrong. But... yeah, avocado and egg just.... mmm. I wouldn't have thought so but I was forced to try it and loved it.

But I do find the taste of onions to be a bit offensive for eggs. It makes no sense because I love onions, but I do not like them with eggs.

This could be the most important and defining post I have made on this forum. :science:

Or what about huevos rancheros, yes?

EveryDayAmnesiac,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I've been vegan for quite a while but have recently gone back to eating eggs due to depression, and because I just frickin' love them.

I know how gross they are when you really think about it, but... goddamn. I could eat them every day, I'm afraid.

I like mine over easy well (no runny eggs in my house!:goon:) with hot sauce and black pepper on cinnamon raisin toast. Organic, vegetarian-fed, free-range local eggs. Ezekiel 4:9 cinnamon raisin bread. Fresh pepper. Oil, not butter.

sujq.jpg

Although I do like to scramble 'em with tons of mushrooms and peppers and spinach and herbs too!

You?
Regardless of how I like them, I'm trying this!

I just finished dinner, took a look at the pic and.... hungry for breakfast now! :lol:

EveryDayAmnesiac

Regardless of how I like them, I'm trying this!

I just finished dinner, took a look at the pic and.... hungry for breakfast now! :lol:

It's a nice quick easy one!

I'm not sure why I specifically like cinnamon raisin toast with eggs.

Chef Ramsey would probably beat me into submission for it. :horse:

But... yeah. I love it.

EveryDayAmnesiac,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
It's a nice quick easy one!

I'm not sure why I specifically like cinnamon raisin toast with eggs.

Chef Ramsey would probably beat me into submission for it. :horse:

But... yeah. I love it.

I'm seriously drooling for breakfast! I've had the bread by itself, but never thought of making an egg sandwich with it! Awesome!

NinjaMindTriks

Ninja Vapor Enthusiast
I've been vegan for quite a while but have recently gone back to eating eggs due to depression, and because I just frickin' love them.

I know how gross they are when you really think about it, but... goddamn. I could eat them every day, I'm afraid.

I like mine over easy well (no runny eggs in my house!:goon:) with hot sauce and black pepper on cinnamon raisin toast. Organic, vegetarian-fed, free-range local eggs. Ezekiel 4:9 cinnamon raisin bread. Fresh pepper. Oil, not butter.

sujq.jpg

Although I do like to scramble 'em with tons of mushrooms and peppers and spinach and herbs too!

You?
That Ezekiel 4:9 cinnamon raisin bread is delicious! Very substantial and filling too. I like to put natural peanut butter on it and then some more cinnamon and a shake of salt.

SD_haze

I don't believe anyone has mentioned avocado in their eggs yet? Forgive me if I'm wrong. But... yeah, avocado and egg just.... mmm. I wouldn't have thought so but I was forced to try it and loved it.

But I do find the taste of onions to be a bit offensive for eggs. It makes no sense because I love onions, but I do not like them with eggs.

This could be the most important and defining post I have made on this forum. :science:

Ya know, I am a serious onion fiend BUT I also don't like mixing eggs & onions.

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Ya know, I am a serious onion fiend BUT I also don't like mixing eggs & onions.
Even when they're finely diced, I don't like em there! Even with a bunch of other veggies, I can taste those onions and the mix is no good! :disgust:
You guys are nuts. :mental:

I can't recall the last time that I didn't have onions in my eggs.

Next you're going to tell me that Tapatio doesn't belong either. :goon:

:peace:

EveryDayAmnesiac

You guys are nuts. :mental:

I can't recall the last time that I didn't have onions in my eggs.

Next you're going to tell me that Tapatio doesn't belong either. :goon:

Well, as stated in the OP, I DO like hot sauce in genaral... :brow:

But yeah. I can eat onion raw on its own and love it. Put it with an egg and I'm only eating eat if the chef is crazy hot, both in and out of her chef coat... :cool:

This conundrum is for wiser minds than mine...

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
really? a fried egg and bacon on a hamburger is standard fair across almost all australian takeaway joints. 'The works' its known. Fucking tops.
Must be a south-of-the-equator thing. Recently in Brazil I had to order my "American Burger" with no egg (fried egg comes standard). In retrospect I should've just rolled with it. :lol:

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
Scrambled, but lightly, yolk is still present. I LIKE MY EGGS WITH CHEESE AND BBQ SAUCE! :tup::haw:

Unconnected

Fuck im going to cook up some baked beans on toast with eggs and bacon and cheese. Now that is a fucking stoner good times meal.

EDIT: i just wish i could go and get some weed so i can get stoned and make that

Unconnected,
Reactions: grokit

arf777

No longer dogless

Hell yeah. My current fave breakfasts are the huevos rancheros and an egg and fresh chorizo torta with avocado and beans, from my local taqueria. Which is so good it's been on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives (Guy Fieri can't cook, and i agree with Jon Hodgman that his very existence is a sign of Ragnarok, bit he finds some awesome places). It's R&R Taqueria on Route 1 in PG County, MD, about 10 minutes north of College Park, in a Shell station. People here find that odd, but in North Carolina some of the best barbecue is in shacks attached to gas stations. Ditto for pit beef in Baltimore.

The place does actual Mexican, not Tex-Mex or Mexicali - very rare in this part of the country. As good as the Mexican food the French chef who trained me made, and he lived a year each training in Veracruz, Oaxaca, and Mexico City, and is one of the inventors of Santa Fe cuisine (the chef was half Navajo, half Eastern European Jew [one of my peeps], and all NY and Paris queen).

darkrom

Great Scott!
Just started eating gluten free to see if it'll help my chronic pain this morning actually.

I use one of these to make eggs.

413cL0hIfKL.jpg

Its set it and get ready for work and come back a few min to omelettes. No butter or cooking spray of any kind is required. Normally I like egg sandwiches, but since I'm trying gluten free I just plop it on a plate and throw a piece of cheese on top.

The hardest part about making eggs with that thing is just avoiding shells. So easy a 12 year old could use it.

Top Bottom