1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

How do you like your eggs?

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by EveryDayAmnesiac, Jan 19, 2014.

1. EveryDayAmnesiac

EveryDayAmnesiac I am a stupid asshole.

I've been vegan for quite a while but have recently gone back to eating eggs due to depression, and because I just frickin' love them.

I know how gross they are when you really think about it, but... goddamn. I could eat them every day, I'm afraid.

I like mine over easy well (no runny eggs in my house!:goon:) with hot sauce and black pepper on cinnamon raisin toast. Organic, vegetarian-fed, free-range local eggs. Ezekiel 4:9 cinnamon raisin bread. Fresh pepper. Oil, not butter.

[​IMG]

Although I do like to scramble 'em with tons of mushrooms and peppers and spinach and herbs too!

You?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  2. Bouldorado

Bouldorado Well-Known Member

I like over easy, scrambled, and poached, in that order. I'm not very good at frying eggs though so I tend to poach when I want the yolk completely runny.

3. EveryDayAmnesiac

What is the appeal of a runny yolk? :mental:

:lol:

4. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I like mine with a runny yolk... hate it when they get hard.

Tamataz, arf777, Enchantre and 3 others like this.
  5. Bouldorado

Bouldorado Well-Known Member

I like to dip toast in it.

nopartofme, 420GanjX, arf777 and 3 others like this.
  6. djonkoman

djonkoman Well-Known Member

scrambled, but not beforehand. so I break them into the pan like baked eggs, then after throwing away the scales I start scrambling, so the white and yellow are not evenly distributed/mixed into lightyellow.
    when finished I put it in a bowl, add some salt, add black pepper(generously), and eat with a spoon.

but sometimes I don't scramble them, but add some cheese and eat it on bread. or I add bacon too. or I add bacon, cheese, a deepfreezehamburger, fry the bread in the pan to make it crispy and add some lettuce(and/or maybe tomato, bell pepper or cucumber), and some ketchup.

the first is breakfast, the 2nd is coming-home-at-night-food

I've been having eggs a lot lately, since I often go to the supermarket between 6 and 8(it closes at 8) to get stuff for dinner, but then there isn't any bread left. and then I wake up at 12-2, and I'm too lazy to go to the supermarket(untill later, when the bread is gone again).

nopartofme and EveryDayAmnesiac like this.
  7. EveryDayAmnesiac

You're not messing around when it comes to your eggs!

I guess the question also is... what cheese is best for eggs?

I always liked just a little bit of chevre in mine back in the day...

8. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

Gordon Ramsay style is absolutely my favorite.

I can't eat overcooked eggs.

[​IMG]

edit:
    Definitely don't need cheese with this recipe. Just butter & creme fraiche

9. Puffers

Puffers Micro-Climate Mastermind

Oh man I had some corned beef hash, on a bed of hash browns, with two over easy eggs on top with lots of black pepper :drool: so delicious I am getting a chubby just thinking about it.

But to the topic at hand I love me some eggs and eat them all different kinds of ways almost indiscriminately over easy, scrambled, cooked well done, omelets, hard boiled for sandwiches, etc poached probably being my least favorite. I make lazy breakfast burritos almost every weekend though. A toaster hash brown, fried lunch meat, and cheesy scrambled eggs on a tortilla flame warmed on a gas burner is ghetto breakfast burrito heaven. Although my recipe sounds about the polar opposite of the unprocessed, organic, breakfast above, I think all I am missing is some spam :lol:

10. djonkoman

basically the only different cheeses I know are the different ages, and only the dutch names. I prefer 'jong-belegen' , since young cheese melts better, so even if the block of cheese is already in the fridge for a while it still melts, but the youngest variety('jong') lacks taste. jong-belegen has slightly more taste while still remaining meltable and slicable.

the only really different kinds of cheeses I know are brie and camembert, but I don't think those would do well with cooking. and monchou, wich I only use in pies.

there is also a farmer in my old hometown who sells homemade cheeses with different herbs in them, but when I used that I usually just ate it like that(or on bread, but not melted)

EveryDayAmnesiac likes this.
  11. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

I would devour two plates of that. With extra extra black pepper and 1 more over easy egg :p

Puffers and EveryDayAmnesiac like this.
  12. EveryDayAmnesiac

God some corned beef hash sounds amazing. Haven't had that in years!

Can't trust a man who has never enjoyed a good plate of corned beef hash... :nope:

Enchantre, Puffers and SD_haze like this.
  13. Puffers

Puffers Micro-Climate Mastermind

I went there for breakfast with a co worker and a few hrs later iam trying to talk my wife into going there for dinner for round two. :rofl:

Amen brother :nod:

14. basement farmer

basement farmer My face is melting...

Love, love, love my eggs on the gooey side of sunny side up. And on toast to soak up all that mucusy goodness.

Fried in OO, sometimes with sautéed ABVs if it's going to be one of those days. Definitely some freshly course-ground black pepper and a little salt. Usually tobascco or shriracha.

It doesn't get better than that. I could eat every day.

15. Caligula

Caligula Maximus

[​IMG]

@pakalolo @ataxian

SPAM fried rice w/ 2 eggs, over easy + hot sauce of choice.

SD_haze, Puffers and EveryDayAmnesiac like this.
  16. ohdono

ohdono high more than not

fertilized...

17. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Denver omelette for me. I once drove across the US (basically on a dare) and I had a Denver omelette in over a dozen different states. One thing I learned is that some places don't put cheese in a Denver omelette unless you ask (crazy, I know). Also, the only state that didn't have Denver omelettes was Colorado. They called it a "western" omelette instead. :mental:

:peace:

18. momofthegoons

momofthegoons vapor accessory addict Staff Member

I like eggs every way you can make them... but my favorite way is coddled eggs. I had found one of these coddlers for two eggs during a visit to Savannah a few years ago. Had a hell of a time getting through security. They thought it was a hand grenade... :lol:

[​IMG]

grokit, RUDE BOY and EveryDayAmnesiac like this.
  19. Enchantre

Enchantre A short, pithy statement

with bacon will be fine. :)

Leaving the Vegan world was essential to my health, @EveryDayAmnesiac - I'd spent over seven years there, and the depletion of many micro-nutrients, as well as skewing my macros, messed with all kinds of things.

Eggs is a great way to get some balance back. I have friends with backyard hens, and those eggs, nourished by sunshine, grass, lots of bugs, leftovers, and dust baths, were absolutely the best in the world. I can't always get them, so when I can't, it's cage-free/pastured chicken eggs whenever I can.

When you are ready, drop by. I'll show you the wonders of Paleo/Primal living (but, relaxed style. We have no hard rules in this house!).

20. vape4health

vape4health Well-Known Member

Any egg not runny is good with me. My all time favorite, a variant of poached. Instead of on toast I use bread hand ripped into pieces in a bowl then add eggs and mix really well to almost blend it together add salt pepper, looks kinda nasty but the boy and I can take down damn near a whole loaf and a dozen eggs :D

grokit and EveryDayAmnesiac like this.
  21. StickyShisha

StickyShisha Well-Known Member

did he say he would fertilize the eggs between her legs with his humas missile?

22. Breathemetal

Breathemetal Well-Known Member

Shoot, I'll eat em any way! I love me some good eggs!
    Non-animal eaters are weird...

23. djonkoman

my parents have chickens, wich means in summer so many eggs that they sell them. so when I stil lived with my parents, I always had eggs from our own chickens, wich are free to roam all over the patch the goats are in, so they have a pretty big foragingrange(compared to most backyardchickens).
    one clear difference I notice between those eggs and storebought eggs is that the yolk/eggyellow is almost orange in the freerange-at home-eggs, while storebought eggs have a light/faint yellow yolk.
    and the backyardeggs sometimes have a little blood running trough or it is purple/greeenish at the edge of the yolk and white(after cooking, not with baked eggs)

24. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

25. Ansel

Ansel tree hugger.

poached (not too hard not too soft) on white toast with butter x 2. #simplethingsinlife

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors