Hookahhead_MD Custom glass vape accessories

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Wow these latest look so great, keep it up!!

Thanks so much! It's taken me a bit of time to knock the rust off, but I am starting to feel more confident behind the torch again.

I made it into the studio for a bit yesterday.

2 more nice dynavap stems
38n9mgi9ncub1

14mm Octopus adapter, the customer requested no carb on this one.

As I said, I am definitely feeling more confident in my abilities. I have made more complex pieces than these in the past, but it felt good to make some bigger pieces again. These are dry pieces, they're pretty small, so I feel that adding water wouldn't really offer much benefit. I am hand forming (with a tool) the 14mm joints, so they are not ground.

drd6luopc9ub1
7lbsfse7scub1
2xhfrbe7scub1

I am proud of how this one turned out, I will be making a few more of these soon!

Last edited:

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Hey all, just a small update this week. I made it into the studio yesterday, but mostly made some inventory of my basic WPAs.

I did spend some time this weekend building a cheap light box so that I can take slightly better pictures than my paper towel background. :rofl: I am really happy with the way it turned out. I finally updated photos and added a few new listings to my Etsy site!

ut9zrdapm1wb1
akqindfpn1wb1
24e66mepn1wb1
bn3tn3fpn1wb1

All of the puff-a-fish have been picked up, I also made a 14 and 10mm stand for taking nicer pictures of my WPAs
uankpbkmu0wb1.jpg
3y7gsbkmu0wb1.jpg
uy44udkmu0wb1.jpg
l9bcvbkmu0wb1.jpg
bzrcgckmu0wb1.jpg
q8gpjbkmu0wb1.jpg
hq7tuqcto1wb1
y7718bkmu0wb1.jpg

I finished up the opaque pink squatlock, but couldn't wait to take a better picture in the lightbox... I'm very pleased with this set!
53c3drpcp1wb1
mfzdzwocp1wb1

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Hey all, time for another update. Here's what's new since I last checked in.

I restocked the tubing that I use for stems.

I made this puffer fish for a friends fish tank. It's hollow and has a loop similar to a pendant, I also made a clear glass weight with a similar loop. I will tie a piece of fishing line between them, and hopefully it floats! I'll post a follow up in a few weeks when I give it to him. The eyes will look normal once it's cooled.

I had a few people ask about charcoal pieces, and now that it was back in stock it was time to make some pieces!
dfvmgit3mtyb1

I have made a few adjustments to the squatlocks, and I think this is the design I will stick with for a bit. A 14mm ground joint with a clear base. A colored stem and accent dots. The stem is connected at the bottom, and flattened to provide an extra "foot" for more stability. The TM has the battery inside, I am really pleased that these are able to hold it. I still wouldn't recommend storing these with a heavy vape, they're top heavy because of their small size.

die0vr2ionyb1.jpg
fj7bkt2ionyb1.jpg
xh3oru2ionyb1.jpg

There are a few weekends this month that I will be out of town, so I'm not sure how much I'll get made. Thanks for following along!

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Hey All, its been a while! The good news I have had a few opportunities to get into the studio, and my schedule should be a little more open now that winter is setting in. I've done a good number of custom requests recently. If you've been thinking of getting a piece, definitely reach out to me I am happy to make something for you!

I shipped off a batch of regular daisy stems to vgoodiez!
ub0lymz8nw4c1.jpg

I had a request for a puffer in 10mm.
73881qaoj44c1
uvsncv9oj44c1

I made this puffer for a local vape friend, the eyes look weird because it's still hot. He has a few different devices, so I am working understand them produce accessories for them. I have an order of full color 19/22 joints coming in tomorrow to make proper stems for Milaana/RBT. I am thinking of going with the Daisy intercoolers on them. If you use these devices, please DM me I could use some more input!

I made this Dynadragon as a custom color request, I really like how it turned out.

coolbreeze

Hey All, its been a while! The good news I have had a few opportunities to get into the studio, and my schedule should be a little more open now that winter is setting in. I've done a good number of custom requests recently. If you've been thinking of getting a piece, definitely reach out to me I am happy to make something for you!

I shipped off a batch of regular daisy stems to vgoodiez!
ub0lymz8nw4c1.jpg

I had a request for a puffer in 10mm.
73881qaoj44c1
uvsncv9oj44c1

I made this puffer for a local vape friend, the eyes look weird because it's still hot. He has a few different devices, so I am working understand them produce accessories for them. I have an order of full color 19/22 joints coming in tomorrow to make proper stems for Milaana/RBT. I am thinking of going with the Daisy intercoolers on them. If you use these devices, please DM me I could use some more input!

I made this Dynadragon as a custom color request, I really like how it turned out.
Wonderful work as always!

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Hey all, here's what I made this weekend!

I forgot to mention last week that I have 2 new colors of 14mm joints in stock, transparent black and milky green! I now have 12 colors + clear for 14mm.
khb7fgklmy5c1

I made a bunch of 9mm adapters for Dani/Stunner devices. Unfortunately the milky pink cracked and so it's not shown.
95c90yjlmy5c1
82l48c6q9s5c1.jpg
of5tnb6q9s5c1.jpg
b91q6c6q9s5c1.jpg
iad2uc6q9s5c1.jpg
opjm8c6q9s5c1.jpg
wpq3gc6q9s5c1.jpg
dnctzc6q9s5c1.jpg
fehd3c6q9s5c1.jpg
59b1yb6q9s5c1.jpg
vru0nb6q9s5c1.jpg
cg92wb6q9s5c1.jpg

I finished up this green Daisylock. This is more of what I think are my ideal measurements. The chamber is 3 inches with a 2 inch intercooler.
ic8bp348py5c1
y1e2bi48py5c1
9iaa4v48py5c1

I have also been working on this design that a customer requested. This is attempt #4, and I am close to having the build figured out. The photo is before I welded the Daisy intercooler in place. Check out the 14mm Daisyhammer!

jx30eo28py5c1

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Hey all, I made it in the studio for a few hours yesterday.

I picked up this pufferfish WPA that I made last week. The opening got a little too large on me, so I added a thick layer of color to hold a 9mm device.
he4gy1nid57c1
b516hwpid57c1

I also picked up this blue daisylock that I finished last week
ndn63xpid57c1
h3pgt3nid57c1
4v8xnxmid57c1

Unfortunately I had issues on the very last step of the Daisyhammer last week, and it caused the piece to crack in the kiln. The good news is it was just an order of operations error, so I remade it. I am fairly certain the new one turned out great, the weld on this one is much cleaner.

zkkm12sgv47c1
5q5458tgv47c1

And the new item of the week is this 19/22 triple donut stem for some RBT devices. It should fit Milaana, Milaana2, Zion, and SplinterZ. The other devices take a strange 19/19 joint. I will entertain the thought of cutting or grinding 3mm off the joint, but I'm honestly not sure how it will go. The larger diameter tubing (16mm) is what allows enough room for the donuts, and still have decent airflow. I may try incorporating them into some of my other designs.

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Hey all, just a quick update before the holiday! I hope to make it into the studio a few days next week. I have a few requests for the Daisyhammers now, so I will be making a few more. I ordered some extra heavy 19mm female ground joints today, so Squatlocks and Daisyhammers will have that option :)

I picked up the pieces from this weekend, here's a Dynadragon that was requested based off a previous piece.
nyzmmilmvj7c1

I don't make too many pendants because they're not as popular as other items, when I do make them they tend to be gifts for friends and family like this flower implosion.
cipaa9xnvj7c1
0tayhhxnvj7c1

I also got in various sized glass screens. I had difficulty finding anything other than 8mm domestically, so if you've been looking for something in this size feel free to reach out. I am going to play around with inserting them into stems and such.

c5riz6xnvj7c1

And of course, attempt #5 the first truly successful Daisyhammer so far. I am feeling good about having the build order figured out, and these have been extremely well received. I am looking forward to focusing my energy a bit more in this direction.

ahli92mmvj7c1
stxvp5mmvj7c1
hk3pj5kmvj7c1
n2l8f2kmvj7c1

Thank you to everyone who has been following along with me on this journey. I likely would not be blowing glass at all if I was still making combustion pieces. Your encouragement and support has been wonderful. Cheers to an exciting new year!

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
I hope you all are having a great holiday season! I am hoping to make it into the studio a few days this week, but I wanted to do a quick update for what I worked on yesterday.

I get asked (or told) pretty frequently how cool it would be if I would spiral the Daisy intercooler. This is actually something I wanted to do before I even made the first one. Unfortunately, I am not able to do it because there is very little gap between the Daisy intercooler and the outer shell. If the Daisy tubing goes out of spec, it will no longer fit inside the tube. I have been mulling over this a bit.

Then I had a customer reach out to me requesting a simple hammer design, but with something like the Vaphit spiral intercooler. This is how the Daisyhammer came about. I had been thinking about this design for a bit previously, but the request gave me the push to go for it. I am really happy with how they turned out, and everyones interest in them has been spectacular. However, I think they need a bit more color to really make them look good.

Glass spirals are made on flat glass rod that is twisted. I happened to find a supplier that had 10mm flat rod in a bunch of the colored glass that I use! I have transparent black, yellow, amber, teal, green, pink, purple, light blue, dark blue; opaque blue, white, black, mint. The rod is smaller than the Daisy (12mm), so I have a little bit of wiggle room and also able to fit inside other tubing that the Daisy won't.

jwt5yhqmvy8c1
sk29vhpmvy8c1

I made a few Tiny Might stems with them yesterday to practice welding the intercooler in place, which went well. I'm stoked to make some hammers with these today as long as I don't notice any major issue. This photo is before the weld, but I'll post the finished pieces. Introducing, Hookahhead's Interstellar Propeller!

ek4dv6pmvy8c1

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Here you go! These are the finished TM stems. I will be testing one out over the next couple of days, but so I've been pleased with the initial trials... it works haha. I think moving forward I will make all of this style with the shaped/dual function mouthpiece. I like the concept of leaving them open on both ends, but finding a TM mouthpiece is difficult and just another component to clean and keep track of.

9a7rqfzei59c1
1av7h9zei59c1

These are the new hammers! The photo is before I welded the intercooler in place, but that went well for both of them. I really like the extra bit of color these add.
57q3zfzei59c1
0btbmczei59c1

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Just a little update, I was pretty preoccupied with these spirals this week. I made some more TinyMight stems to try and get a batch off to vgoodiez. These are taking me a little bit longer to make than I had anticipated, so they will be slightly more expensive than my Daisy stems. Making the "T" on end is an extra step that ends up adding a decent bit of time cumulatively, but its also critical to ensure a nice weld.

I have decided that due to the number of colors available, I will only make these in the shaped mouthpiece / dual use style (unless specifically requested). I have bumped the proportions up to a 4 inch stem with a 3 inch intercooler, which is 1/2 inch larger than my Daisy stems. I like the idea of a bit more cooling, but the 3.5 inch is more ascetically pleasing to my eye when its in the device....

2bulvw18n2ac1
tghjw658n2ac1
0q0bby18n2ac1

I did attempt a 2 tone spiral, which looks fantastic. Sadly, it was just a tad too large to fit in the stem with the extra bit of color. I have another idea of how to make it work possibly.. but I likely won't revisit this idea for a bit.

I have been doing some trades with a woodworker Zasquatch on the EntExchange discord. He made me a nice SS lined wooden mouthpiece for Dynavap and will be sending out a few for the TM soon. I had a hard time tracking down TM mouthpieces, so I'm really excited to finally snag them!

I also made him an RBT stem design he requested.
0il9xztzp2ac1

And some Final shots of the green hammer.

kt11xo39r2ac1
qr3oxl39r2ac1
n2zyhi19r2ac1
sys8jc49r2ac1

Although the hammer will support the heavy devices, I wouldn't recommend storing them like that because they are still very top heavy. You can flip them over like this... which makes me want to make a TM ray gun now!

9rsv21w7v2ac1

Last edited:

mixchu69

I’m glad you decided to make a mouthpiece for the TM2 stem. I’m not sure if I am the only one who feels like this but it saves $$$, as you don’t have to buy another mouthpiece and less pieces to clean.

Your work looks wonderful and it’s refreshing to see stems without balls (even though I have a GVB with balls that works great).

Please let us know when these are ready to purchase.

axilla101

I really like these XL daisy stems and was hoping to pick one up. Couple questions for you, Hookahhead:

1. Do you ever make the XL stems with the standard/tapered mouthpiece? Or is the XL just available in Economy?

2. Do you think the Economy XL stem would fit both a titanium TRWW cooling unit and a TRWW mouthpiece at the same time? If it helps, the metal pipe has a diameter of 5/16" and extends about 7/16" past the mouthpiece. (https://theroguewaxworks.com/produc...um-acrylic-mp-wpa?_pos=1&_sid=fef6e58b3&_ss=r)

Just trying to figure out the best option for me. I'm not quite sure if there room for both the E-tip of the titanium cooling unit and the metal part at the bottom of the mouthpiece? Or if the mouthpiece would be able to properly pull in air from both inside and outside the daisy?

Any info you have would be amazing, looking forward to trying it out!!

axilla101,

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
I really like these XL daisy stems and was hoping to pick one up. Couple questions for you, Hookahhead:

1. Do you ever make the XL stems with the standard/tapered mouthpiece? Or is the XL just available in Economy?

2. Do you think the Economy XL stem would fit both a titanium TRWW cooling unit and a TRWW mouthpiece at the same time? If it helps, the metal pipe has a diameter of 5/16" and extends about 7/16" past the mouthpiece. (https://theroguewaxworks.com/produc...um-acrylic-mp-wpa?_pos=1&_sid=fef6e58b3&_ss=r)

Just trying to figure out the best option for me. I'm not quite sure if there room for both the E-tip of the titanium cooling unit and the metal part at the bottom of the mouthpiece? Or if the mouthpiece would be able to properly pull in air from both inside and outside the daisy?

Any info you have would be amazing, looking forward to trying it out!!

I haven't made any of the XL Daisys in a while. Unfortunately, I had serious issues with them cracking when I attempted to make them before. I usually put the intercooler around 5/8 of an inch, so you should have enough room and they should work with the TRWW Mouthpiece. For the intercooler, I actually like to trap mine in the bottom using the screen, but either way will work. I would recommend one of the new spiral stems instead honestly, but If you still really want an XL Daisy feel free to DM me and I can try to make one for you.

I have finally made enough stems to send off to vgoodiez this week!
j6ub936vaabc1.jpg
p389r46vaabc1.jpg
nxar536vaabc1.jpg
6irwr36vaabc1.jpg
5hm4m36vaabc1.jpg

I made 2 Tinymight WPA's, I welded in a glass screen on the purple one.

z3hrgn18kabc1
49rzps18kabc1

I couldn't stop thinking about the Vapor Blaster... so I had to make one! The video was before I welded the intercooler in place, but everything went well!

gk1a54mgp4bc1

badbee

I haven't made any of the XL Daisys in a while. Unfortunately, I had serious issues with them cracking when I attempted to make them before. I usually put the intercooler around 5/8 of an inch, so you should have enough room and they should work with the TRWW Mouthpiece. For the intercooler, I actually like to trap mine in the bottom using the screen, but either way will work. I would recommend one of the new spiral stems instead honestly, but If you still really want an XL Daisy feel free to DM me and I can try to make one for you.

I have finally made enough stems to send off to vgoodiez this week!
j6ub936vaabc1.jpg
p389r46vaabc1.jpg
nxar536vaabc1.jpg
6irwr36vaabc1.jpg
5hm4m36vaabc1.jpg

I made 2 Tinymight WPA's, I welded in a glass screen on the purple one.

z3hrgn18kabc1
49rzps18kabc1

I couldn't stop thinking about the Vapor Blaster... so I had to make one! The video was before I welded the intercooler in place, but everything went well!

gk1a54mgp4bc1
That ray gun is completely absurd, why do I want one?

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Did these sell out already on vgoodiez? Or is it showing sold out because the restock hasn't got there yet? Been eying a TM2 stem and these look very nice!
They did not sell out yet, I just shipped the package off this morning. The sold out listing is just a place holder for when they arrive. I would check over the weekend, but I expect them to be in stock by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. If you snag one, please follow up with your feedback as it helps us all!

Heres the link for anyone interested: https://vgoodiez.com/collections/tinymight/products/spiral-stem-by-hookahhead
That ray gun is completely absurd, why do I want one?
I legit couldn’t get the idea out of my head after I took that picture of the hammer upside down. It’s a little strange and not as practical as my other designs… but just soooo damn fun. I would love to see someone use it as part of a cosplay outfit.

Be fun to have one made into a bubbler mouthpiece for your Volcano or Super Surfer.
Great, this comment makes me want to make one with a whip attachment instead of a TM chamber. I had this TMNT toy as a kid and that’s what I’m picturing.

IMG_6630A.jpg

Last edited:

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
@Hookahhead_MD
wow... what magnificent work!
Keep going!
It’s very cool to share the evolution!
Thanks so much for your comment! That's the great thing about posting on this forum, it's a lot of fun for me to look at the progression across the pages.

The vgoodiez shipment arrives today, I am not sure how quickly they will be available.

I picked up some pieces from last week, including this 9mm WPA I forgot to share (part of a set).
83iwt1u998cc1
wl6ql5r998cc1

I am super happy to share that I finally received my TM mouthpieces; @Zasquatch here and the EntExchange discord made these beautiful pieces or me! They're made from exotic woods and have a stainless steel liner.

lyc5r1r998cc1

I also had a little photoshoot with the ray gun. This is definitely a bit of an awkward stem to use compared to other designs, but it's a ton of fun from an artistic perspective. I have been using it as a prop to shoot my wife and cat, they are less enthusiastic about it haha.

pnifwypa98cc1
mw1ymrqa98cc1
9kedxtqa98cc1
gj9atuqa98cc1
axh91sqa98cc1

And now that we're caught up, I can show you what I made last night. Two more hammers have been born! The green/purple one is the first one with an 18mm joint. Photos are before welding in the intercooler.

izrxsecqe8cc1
94orqfqf98cc1

69ggxdqf98cc1
xnclkhqf98cc1

But wait, there's more! The new item of the week is that I am venturing into ball vape bowls. Here's my first injector. Its a hand formed (with a tool) 18mm joint on a 14mm joint. I realize the bowl area should be shorter. I don't currently own a ball vape, so If anyone else has some feedback, I'd love to hear it!

And as luck would have it, the 14mm joints that I'm using for the Squatlocks and hammers are made on 22x3 tubing... which happens to be the exact size needed for these diffuser bowls.

Top Bottom