Hookahhead_MD Custom glass vape accessories

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Hello all, I am Hookahhead_MD and I am a hobby lampworker (glassblower) from Maryland, USA. All of my items are handmade from borosilicate glass and are fully annealed in a digital kiln. I have been blowing glass off and on for several years. After a long hiatus, I discovered the Dynavap and dynaverse. This rekindled my interest in glass art and I have been making accessories for the past 6 months. Thanks to my background with combustion pieces, I enjoy fusing old school glass culture with our new vapor devices. I have also had a lot of people request that I make pieces for the TM and Dani, which I am currently working on. This thread will be a place where I can document my work and progress, thanks for looking!

I have an Etsy shop where I list some of my most common pieces. However, a DM here would be the fastest way to to request some of the newest/oddball items. I've successfully sent a few packages internationally.

*Getting the tip to fit right is the hardest part of making dynavap accessories. I prefer to make my pieces just slightly too large to prevent damaging the glass, so I will include (2) 8x6x1.1mm FKM orings in case there is a little wiggle. The original orings are 8x6x1, so far this has solved any issues.

**Any bongs shown in my photos were likely made by my shopmate (GlassfloArt) who still makes primarily combustion pieces :rofl:

Dynavap WPAs

10mm mini bubble - no carb
nlk5semyqmma1.jpg
5o876emyqmma1.jpg
puyk944lymla1.jpg

10mm Snub nose - no carb

I have kind of discontinued these in favor of the mini bubbles. It's more difficult to get the tip to fit right, and they are more fragile.
1yv50w7yfaha1.jpg
t1u7je53gyga1.jpg
yzi65v7yfaha1.jpg

14mm triple Maria - no carb
This design is based off Ed's TNT. I was told they have been discontinued by him and therefore feel comfortable making them.
vjgc7hcc6fna1.jpg

14mm hollow handle as carb
This was my very first design! The hollow handle functions as a carb. These pieces have changed slightly for the better, I need to get newer photos.
f56wl13v3l6a1.jpg
ciss423v3l6a1.jpg

14mm double maria with mini bubble - no carb
8s78r6ap06qa1.jpg
hucqs6ap06qa1.jpg

14mm Bubble - with carb
jsjfej0f8ifa1.jpg
9tvepb89x0ka1.jpeg
92xio435khfa1.jpg

14mm lined tube bubble - with carb
5i2ws80pnlha1.jpg
il_1588xN.4617509302_j9s5.jpg

14mm Donut - with carb
wct9rwgr9pda1.jpeg
il_1588xN.4874204283_hqhs.jpg

Last edited:

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
14mm Creatures of the Dynaverse - no carb
rdbqalykmbwa1.jpg
qzdq8lykmbwa1.jpg
z3q6nrcwtsxa1.jpg

14mm Creatures of Earth - with carb

0lisp3zcuo0b1.jpg
40nid3zcuo0b1.jpg

14mm Easter eggs - no carb
I made these for fun just before Easter.
9ans03kbtjra1.jpg
0w0on3kbtjra1.jpg

Dynavap Stems

Stem design 1 - no carb
These were some of the first stems I made. Unfortunately they are prone to rolling away and do not keep the tip off the surface, and I kept forgetting to add a carb.
mly6tjr0khia1.jpg

Stem design 2 - with carb
This is my revised design. The Maria with dots keeps the tip off the surface and also prevents it from rolling around. The mouth end is 8mm inner diameter, so it should be compatible with other makers mouthpieces/condensers (needs confirmed).
iol73e7fbx0b1.jpeg
f77vk07fbx0b1.jpeg

The Pacifier - with carb
These are pulled down from larger tubing, so they are much thicker than the normal stems. Again the Maria with dots keeps the tip off the surface and prevents it from rolling away. The mouth end is 8mm inner diameter, so it should be compatible with other makers mouthpieces/condensers (needs confirmed).
y849n9z29gua1.jpg
il_1588xN.4874227607_qyul.jpg

Classic Spoons - with carb
Oh yeah, the old hand pieces you know and love... reimagined for use with your Dynavap! The mouth end is 8mm inner diameter, so it should be compatible with other makers mouthpieces/condensers (needs confirmed).
kasimxpkdx0b1.jpeg
7vllvrpkdx0b1.jpeg
d5tiigi6tnja1.jpg

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Here are a few of the TM stems that I have started making. I owe a huge thanks to vgoodiez who helped get me a unit to test with, without him these wouldn't exist.

Design 1 - The colored section is 4 inches long, and the inner diameter is 8mm so it should be compatible with other makers dynavap condensers/mouthpieces.

qnnqianf1a1b1.jpg

88f6tanf1a1b1.jpg

Classic Sherlock - This design is inspired by the classic Sherlock shape. One unexpected surprise was that the offset stem allows you to see inside the chamber!
b7g025nf1a1b1.jpg

6boyp5nf1a1b1.jpg

6836y4nf1a1b1.jpg

6dcym7nf1a1b1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
I thought that I would be able to go back an edit my posts indefinitely, but I wasn't able to. Here are a few of the TM stems that I have started making. I owe a huge thanks to vgoodiez who helped get me a unit to test with, without him these wouldn't exist.

Design 1 - The colored section is 4 inches long, and the inner diameter is 8mm so it should be compatible with other makers dynavap condensers/mouthpieces.

qnnqianf1a1b1.jpg
88f6tanf1a1b1.jpg

Classic Sherlock - This design is inspired by the classic Sherlock shape. One unexpected surprise was that the offset stem allows you to see inside the chamber!
b7g025nf1a1b1.jpg
6boyp5nf1a1b1.jpg
6836y4nf1a1b1.jpg
6dcym7nf1a1b1.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Wow not sure how I missed this thread last week, perhaps because it is in the general section, instead of specifically the glass section?? That might be more appropriate since this is all glass accessories...

Anyway I love what I'm seeing here, not into DV stuff so looking forward to what else you come up with, I love TM2 those first stems look great, love the Sherlock classic! I bet you can make great stems from these designs for other vapes like logs and xmax/xlux too, plus many more!

Welcome to FC! also love that you are a merry Marylander too :cheers::spliff:

hought that I would be able to go back an edit my posts indefinitely, but I wasn't able to.

Oh, you are only able to edit posts for 6 to 8 hours I think, otherwise you have to make a new post or ask mods to edit for you (I reported the above post to the mods for you, so they could merge it into your previous placeholder post for the TM) :tup:

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Hey everyone, thanks for following along! Here are a few of the pieces I made today :)

Dynavap - Octopi
7lwj7dg2ng2b1
yrs8oe1s8g2b1

TinyMight - Classic Sherlocks. I'm happy with the consistency I'm getting with these. The pink one is a little off though, it would be considered "second" quality.
nh1bh73rai2b1
9s7my18rai2b1
rbmpf4drai2b1
rz944ddrai2b1

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
That's great, looks cool 🥰 Would love to see a stem with the octopus or would it be to fragile?

They would be a stay at home piece, but otherwise not terribly fragile. The legs are melted in and the body is a solid nub.

Unfortunately I haven't had much free time to get into the studio, but I finally squeezed in some time yesterday to make some more cool stuff that I am excited to share!

First a quick 18mm Dani WPA. I only have short 18mm joints currently on hand. This was my attempt at making that work, but admittedly it doesn't quite feel right.
jgstfwrvv97b1

Fortunately, I redeemed myself with this 18mm Dyna adapter I made for a close friend!
tb3mb0hq0a7b1

I keep getting requests for the goofy eyed octopi, so I keep making them :)
qun1l7tvv97b1
tvw4bqsvv97b1

And finally, I'm super excited to share that I've figured out what I will use for my TM intercoolers! I am calling these "flower power" intercoolers for now, since they're made from "daisy" tubing. The intercooler is welded inside the stem, creating an air path through the center and also along the 6 side channels. Shown below is the prototype for my economy stem. I actually kept this one without kilning it because I wanted to start testing ASAP. So far I really like it! I will also be incorporating these into the Sherlock stems.

3fvyxtilg27b1.jpg
js3ao9zw4a7b1
67l237ia5a7b1

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Pretty cool idea for the TM stem! So it is like the O'Connell inception stems, except star-shaped scalloped tube on the inside... Curious how well it will cool with a straight bath like that, should be awesome for the Sherlocks though! Someday I shall try...

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Pretty cool idea for the TM stem! So it is like the O'Connell inception stems, except star-shaped scalloped tube on the inside... Curious how well it will cool with a straight bath like that, should be awesome for the Sherlocks though! Someday I shall try...
Yup similar to the inception stems, except the inner tube is “daisy” tubing (ridges are on the outside). The daisy tube is the same size as the inside diameter of the outer tubing and i weld them together in 4 spots (2 on top, 2 on bottom). This makes them much more durable than a “floating core”. The daisy tubing also has a lot more surface area and mass.

I kept this stem for myself, I didn’t even kiln it because I was eager to do some testing. I’ve had a few sessions with it, and so far I think it’s fantastic. Still plenty of airflow, but significantly cooler. I’m going to continue to use it pretty heavily over the next week or 2, I’m curious where we’ll see the resin build up.

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast
Yup similar to the inception stems, except the inner tube is “daisy” tubing (ridges are on the outside). The daisy tube is the same size as the inside diameter of the outer tubing and i weld them together in 4 spots (2 on top, 2 on bottom). This makes them much more durable than a “floating core”. The daisy tubing also has a lot more surface area and mass.

I kept this stem for myself, I didn’t even kiln it because I was eager to do some testing. I’ve had a few sessions with it, and so far I think it’s fantastic. Still plenty of airflow, but significantly cooler. I’m going to continue to use it pretty heavily over the next week or 2, I’m curious where we’ll see the resin build up.

would throwing some spikes and holes in there do more for the cooling?

MidwestMelancholy,

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
would throwing some spikes and holes in there do more for the cooling?

I’m not sure where I would put any? I don’t like the look of dimples or beads personally, so you likely won’t see them in my work. A lot of the fun for me is the challenge of coming up with novel, functional, and ascetically pleasing designs.

Hookahhead_MD,
Reactions: RadarV00

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast
I’m not sure where I would put any? I don’t like the look of dimples or beads personally, so you likely won’t see them in my work. A lot of the fun for me is the challenge of coming up with novel, functional, and ascetically pleasing designs.
I was mainly thinking a hole or several smaller ones toward the base of the inner flower stem and at the top. To promote turbulence with in the stem and add a bit more cooling. Gorgeous stem as is! I'd love to get a jhook like this.

MidwestMelancholy,

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
I was mainly thinking a hole or several smaller ones toward the base of the inner flower stem and at the top. To promote turbulence with in the stem and add a bit more cooling. Gorgeous stem as is! I'd love to get a jhook like this.

I don’t think I could put holes in successfully. Popping holes with heat will distort the tube. Drilling would be hard because of the varied thickness. I think it would weaken the glass, though that might not be significant because it would be protected inside. My next step will be to spiral the tubing, but that might create it’s own set of issues.

For the mean time my focus is going to be getting a batch of these and the Sherlock stems with the new intercooler off to vgoodiez so we can get them to you!

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’

This is a great idea! I agree it looks a lot nicer than dimples. Is the tube big enough that we could add in our own 3mm glass beads to add more cooling?

I’d love to see this design built into a 90 degree j-hook. The 90 degree bend by itself adds a lot of cooling, then the daisy would add more as it travels up from the bend. If we could add glass beads that would be the absolute kicker.

Monk Debate,

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
This is a great idea! I agree it looks a lot nicer than dimples. Is the tube big enough that we could add in our own 3mm glass beads to add more cooling?

I’d love to see this design built into a 90 degree j-hook. The 90 degree bend by itself adds a lot of cooling, then the daisy would add more as it travels up from the bend. If we could add glass beads that would be the absolute kicker.

The area marked in pencil is what I am planning for my economy stems. 3.5 in total length, 2.5 in intercooler centered, leaving 0.5 in on both ends. Since I manufacture them, I can make the empty space at either end longer to add 3mm balls, but it's something you would have to let me know so that I can build to your specs.

ym0s6zrtr97b1

I'm currently debating whether I should leave the mouth end open, like the stock stem, or shape the mouthpiece like in the photo. Leaving it open would allow people to use 3rd party mouth pieces, which I encourage, and would probably be easier to clean. However, a mouthpiece is another accessory to buy or fiddle with, so a shaped mouthpiece is better for the minimalist. I think for now I have decided I'll need to make some of both. Eventually I'll likely attach some fancier lined tubing mouth pieces , I already have a great idea for assembling those.

As for the Jhooks.. I get a ton of requests for those. I have been kicking around some ideas, but I think my first attempts will be very similar to the sherlocks, just with the chamber flipped up instead of down.

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
I had been thinking about making a Dynavap stem using this new daisy intercooler. Then I had a bit of a stoner revelation.. I can just make the TM stem mouthpiece compatible with the Dynavap!

Heres are the dual use Dynavap / Tinymight stems before I welded the intercooler into place. They go into the kiln immediately afterwards, so I won't get pictures until they cool. The first one is the standard size, the second is the XL.
5v5dt1mw888b1
0k1exogu888b1

I got a good many testers made today, working out how to best assemble everything. I am almost ready to go into full production on these!
s46gawrth98b1

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
I had been on vacation, and busy with other things in life. I finally had a chance to make it back into the studio tonight.

I have been gathering the components to put together a nice glass wet saw. Today I finally got to cut my first pieces of glass with it!

The new saw cuts much cleaner and faster than the one I was previously using. This allows me to prep the components and piece everything together much more efficiently.
tpa3mda3r1bb1

It took a few hours to get everything with the saw figured out, but I was still able to get 13 full stems and the components for 5 more ready. This means that I can produce these at a very affordable cost. I hope to have the first batch to vgoodiez within the next two weeks :)
1n5d3ey3r1bb1

Here is one of the dual use stems, I made a few more of this style today.

Top Bottom