Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

exmex

My liger order did that a week ago. It showed "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item" for like 4-5 days then just magicly showed up at customs , then with canada post and had it a few days after that. Was told that USPS has been having problems updating their tracking numbers lately so maybe thats still the case.

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...i'm still waiting on a 30mm coil ordered and paid for February 14th and also a 20mm and 25mm coil ordered March 2nd and paid for... I have not even been told there is a delay with the 30mm coil except through @mutten840 , no email reply from the inquiry...

...I've accepted the fact i'm probably out the 30mm coil (been way too long, they probably forgot about it and the orders been buried somewhere)... hoping the other two come through soon, but at this point i'm accepting the fact i'm out those until further notice...

...not trying to come off negative, but from the sounds of it they are struggling day-to-day; the coils are somewhere in between point A and point B and a week or two behind schedule (?).... 'worse case Ontario' i'm only out 3 coils :bang:

...that being said... i'll ask again if anyone knows where to get 25mm coils shipped to Canada? (disordlyconduct will not ship to canada, or do exceptions) and i'd have to go to my bank to setup aqualabs for direct deposit (international) which i'm not willing to do.

just_the_flu,

exmex

@just_the_flu on the hexnail site where u can order the extra coils, it says there hoping to have the coils delivered mid April so hopefully that's when u will start seeing yours. Or give @mutten840 a dm and I'm sure he will see whats up with ur coils.

mutten840

They are still waiting to hear whats holding the coils up and if there are no 30mm coils, they will swap out to a preferred replacement coil they have. Ava said she will be posting something here soon and it will cover several of the critical points everyone has been waiting to hear about.

I will be on and off as I am slammed with work from my snoop jobby job. But will do my best to get back to posts. But dont hold it against me if I go dead space as I am traveling between Cali and Washington and will most likely be un responsive at times

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
... @exmex there was no statements when i purchased my 30mm coil indicating any delays with delivery times, that must be new... my other two were purchased via email (25mm coil 'preorder') and was told they would ship out 'in 10 days'

...don't get me wrong, its not the wait that's frustrating... its the false timelines... i feel like we are constantly being told what we want to hear, not what we should be hearing... i don't know if it's just me, but i would have rather been told from the start that the coils would take a month to go out for shipping and they get shipped out in 2-3 weeks... not the opposite....

...my rants done for the day... i apologize, i feel better now tho :D...

EDIT:
it says there hoping to have the coils delivered mid April

...mid April is a far cry from the middleish of March... just sayin :D

nickmo

I still have faith that the girls will deliver, but I agree that the communication can be improved still. Don't throw out a timeline, or comments like "blog post tonight" or "shipping this week" unless you can follow through on the statement.

So much potential in the Hex-Nail and the framework they are developing!

friedpiper

Always blazin' new trails..
I still have faith that the girls will deliver, but I agree that the communication can be improved still. Don't throw out a timeline, or comments like "blog post tonight" or "shipping this week" unless you can follow through on the statement.

So much potential in the Hex-Nail and the framework they are developing!

I'm in total agreement there and see both sides. False promises aggravate customers and turn off would-be customers. The other side is that anything really good is worth waiting for, even if it takes a little longer than expected. It's normal for companies, especially smaller ones, to hype a product to generate a buzz and pre-sales for the capital to work with. I get it that its taking a while. I've got money out too..

Putting more pressure on doesn't necessarily make things go together faster, or vendors to ship items that they themselves possibly haven't even made yet. Rather I believe it only causes more stress by reducing confidence that they are delivering a product people are satisfied with

mixchu69

I dont want to brew any bad feelings in this thread but wanted to share my experience. Purchased/preordered and expected late February arrival. I requested a refund thru Paypay late March (i believe the 22nd, so I gave them close to a month) and is taking way longer than expected. I first tried to resolve it by not including Paypal and asking the girls for a refund. But after they tried to persuade me to wait, they went dark, and did not answer my request for a refund.

So i escalated my claim directly to Paypal. I understand it is a 2-women operation but my major concern (plus one of the big selling points) is that they can code in specific profiles and add features like glob mode. But what happens if they give up on the project? (I know I was reassured that this is their "baby" and they will keep working on it) Having this much trouble to get products out is a big concern as a consumer spending $300.

If i am out of line, please let me know. But I am growing tired to the vaporizer community missing deadlines and promising things they cant keep. We need to keep them accountable, because I am seeing a shift towards really bad customer service across the vaping world.

Edit: Will keep everyone updated with the outcome.

Last edited:

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I dont want to brew any bad feelings in this thread but wanted to share my experience. Purchased/preordered and expected late February arrival. I requested a refund thru Paypay late March (i believe the 22nd, so I gave them close to a month) and is taking way longer than expected. I first tried to resolve it by not including Paypal and asking the girls for a refund. But after they tried to persuade me to wait, they went dark, and did not answer my request for a refund.

So i escalated my claim directly to Paypal. I understand it is a 2-women operation but my major concern (plus one of the big selling points) is that they can code in specific profiles and add features like glob mode. But what happens if they give up on the project? (I know I was reassured that this is their "baby" and they will keep working on it) Having this much trouble to get products out is a big concern as a consumer spending $300.

If i am out of line, please let me know. But I am growing tired to the vaporizer community missing deadlines and promising things they cant keep. We need to keep them accountable, because I am seeing a shift towards really bad customer service across the vaping world.

Edit: Will keep everyone updated with the outcome.

Thank you for relating your experience. I must admit I'm pretty close to getting a refund too. It seems like nothing about the Hex-Nail is ever easy or happens when promised. The last thing I need more drama in my life, especially when it comes with a $300 price tag.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
It would seem prudent for the gals to stop by here briefly just to give us an actual update on where everything is at the moment. The numerous false starts in the past few weeks are starting to get some people on edge, and a short explanation as to why they were false starts might quell some fears.

I know they're busy as hell, but if they have time to quickly post on IG what they are currently dabbing with their RQ's and voice activated devices, then a brief stop by here is not out of line at this time.

I'm in for the duration...but not everyone has the patience in this give me it yesterday world we currently occupy...

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I'm in for the duration...but not everyone has the patience in this give me it yesterday world we currently occupy...

I'm a very patient person when I'm given factual information. After all, I pre-ordered the Hex-Nail anticipating a couple months wait time. What disturbs me are broken promises and false timelines that keep getting changed. To me this shows the character of a company and what it will probably be like doing business with them in the future with updates, warranty repairs, etc.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Hey guys. We’ve had a few people suggesting we come in & update everyone (and we know some folks are getting fed up, too).

I want to start by clarifying the hold up right now: Coils. Our supplier has been essentially doing the same thing to us that we’ve been doing to you. Not giving us exact answers or dates. We paid for the coils weeks ago and while we expected some delay but our previous experience with this vendor was very different (possibly because previous orders were smaller / without custom specced coils).

At this point we have more units being boxed up by the day and everyone is tired of waiting (to put it lightly). So we want to officially invite those of you that already have compatible coils to get in contact with us if you’re okay with receiving your unit ‘coil-free’. Some folks have opted to forgo the coil completely, but if you do want your coil we will ship it to you shortly after they arrive.

Tracking numbers started going out over the weekend and movement should be seen by the end of the day today if you’ve already received one.

———

The OS/2 update for all of our Skynet units is definitely still on the way and close to finished. I know we’ve said this a few times now but Liz wanted to take a second to explain what’s up & why it’s been delayed so close to release.

Liz:

“Our goals for the v2.1 release (aka HN-01 Backport) are as follows:

1. Bring the same brand-new second-generation platform powering the Red Queen models to the HN-01.

2. Allow full control of the HN-01 from the App with complete feature parity.

3. Deliver a system both responsive to the user and computationally performant to ensure longevity.

Only after extended development did we discover that there are minute differences in the manufacturing of supposedly otherwise identical hardware that are significant enough that certain models experienced severe GPU degredation and graphics corruption. Having had to go back to the drawing board for a significant component of the update, we've completely restructured the rendering pipeline, and with the latest firmware we are now seeing high frame-rates and cool CPUs.

This delay with v2.1.0-rc7 was completely unxexepected until we were performing regression testing on our fifth unit; we'll be repackaging the update and will have a GA release at some point this week. (For the curious, the versioning scheme will use odd numbers as the point releases for HN-01's and evens for Red Queens.)”

The HN-01's will be the first with HomeKit integration, as the v2.0.1 release for the RQ-2's will be coming out next.

I hope this covers most of it but if anyone feels like we missed something here let me know...

friedpiper

Always blazin' new trails..
Hey guys. We’ve had a few people suggesting we come in & update everyone (and we know some folks are getting fed up, too).

I want to start by clarifying the hold up right now: Coils. Our supplier has been essentially doing the same thing to us that we’ve been doing to you. Not giving us exact answers or dates. We paid for the coils weeks ago and while we expected some delay but our previous experience with this vendor was very different (possibly because previous orders were smaller / without custom specced coils).

At this point we have more units being boxed up by the day and everyone is tired of waiting (to put it lightly). So we want to officially invite those of you that already have compatible coils to get in contact with us if you’re okay with receiving your unit ‘coil-free’. Some folks have opted to forgo the coil completely, but if you do want your coil we will ship it to you shortly after they arrive.

Tracking numbers started going out over the weekend and movement should be seen by the end of the day today if you’ve already received one.

———

The OS/2 update for all of our Skynet units is definitely still on the way and close to finished. I know we’ve said this a few times now but Liz wanted to take a second to explain what’s up & why it’s been delayed so close to release.

Liz:

“Our goals for the v2.1 release (aka HN-01 Backport) are as follows:

1. Bring the same brand-new second-generation platform powering the Red Queen models to the HN-01.

2. Allow full control of the HN-01 from the App with complete feature parity.

3. Deliver a system both responsive to the user and computationally performant to ensure longevity.

Only after extended development did we discover that there are minute differences in the manufacturing of supposedly otherwise identical hardware that are significant enough that certain models experienced severe GPU degredation and graphics corruption. Having had to go back to the drawing board for a significant component of the update, we've completely restructured the rendering pipeline, and with the latest firmware we are now seeing high frame-rates and cool CPUs.

This delay with v2.1.0-rc7 was completely unxexepected until we were performing regression testing on our fifth unit; we'll be repackaging the update and will have a GA release at some point this week. (For the curious, the versioning scheme will use odd numbers as the point releases for HN-01's and evens for Red Queens.)”

The HN-01's will be the first with HomeKit integration, as the v2.0.1 release for the RQ-2's will be coming out next.

I hope this covers most of it but if anyone feels like we missed something here let me know...

I want to say thank you for addressing the forum, and for the hard work put in developing your product.

I hate to ask, but is there any possibility of drivers for the RTI automation system too, in the distant future? I know there would be low demand, but I'd love to have a driver so I could put it on my GUI, and be able to offer that type of thing to customers that dab like me. That kind of high-end control would definitely help solidify this as a top-end controller that will do everything the other guy's cant. Just throwing it out there

nickmo

Definitely appreciate the response. I was only trying to offer constructive criticism earlier on open communication. As a nerd in the software industry, I love hearing from Liz! That sort of insight is why I choose Hex-Nail over competitors in the first place.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
as the v2.0.1 release for the RQ-2's will be coming out next.

Awwww.... saw blurple light for a bit longer than usual today when booting up and got super excited...

Are you guys able to do any back-end stuff without actually having a new firmware version installed? I did notice the options for logging (and a few other small things - the icon to click over to the graph, in addition to swiping being one of them) change randomly at some point, so was just curious.

Also curious (of course) when can the curren RQ owners expect the firmware update? Not that I am in any particular rush - but @mutten840 is working with me very patiently and kindly (thanks endlessly friend, you have alleviated and simultaneously saved me very much frustration. I will repay you for such kindness somehow - :science::spliff:)

I am enjoying things and look forward to what ever it is the update may bring.

If I'm being honest. I paid half for a unit (like almost everyone else I'm assuming) in round 1, and a few weeks later I paid the rest (was hoping it'd possibly speed things up a bit ofcourse :D) - but I did keep silent. Things got delayed from "end of October" quoted ship date from when I ordered to 2nd week of Jan when I actually got my unit... of course I was frustrated but I held out hopes that I'd end up with a badass unit...

I know this isn't as bad (maybe?) as some peoples experience with round 2... and then, I did have router firmware issues when I first got mine ( dd-wrt firmware is incompatible. didn't know this... then the :bang: of breaking bangers and ruining coils trying to get the 25mm setup... but that's for another thread) but I can say after a few months (even with the money I have spent learning to fit bangers to coils... LOL) it's worth it... The setup is clean, and the physical unit is beautiful looking. Also, I do feel cared for, @mutten840 (and the girls, I'm sure even moreso) just want people to have an enjoyable dabbing experience, and he has been there every step since I got mine helping me (while the girls are busy working, surely)

I'm glad to see things are moving now and hope to see others happily dabbing as well shortly, but I did just want to give my input as a user and what I feel as a R1 preorder

edit:

also, I'm currently taking an animal behavior class - it's quite interesting/neat to be learning about the red queen hypothesis, makes me wonder if the girls have anything else up their sleeves

Last edited:

Bullshift

I may have just missed the conclusion but did anything come of the posts a few pages back questioning the ability, or lack there of, to control and change settings of the unit while no internet connection can be established?
It is possible, correct?

JigMelon

No, they have not addressed that @Bullshift

@friedpiper I would like that as well.

@mixchu69 I have some similar concerns, unfortunately. I'm hoping they get back to me once the updates and round 2/3 units are out, so that we can work on getting this operating for the unforeseeable future. If we are unable to manage this ourselves, or run a local server for the webapp at very least, this product is a paper weight in the event that the business goes dark. This is something that really shouldn't be brought up, but since others are discussing it I figured I should weigh in.

alrunnin

Can someone please tell me what coils are compatible with Hex? Since we can have them shipped, minus the coils of course. I am baffled by the lack of communication and set backs... reminds me a lot of the grasshopper vape episode..

alrunnin,
Reactions: szai

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
So "today" has........of course..........changed into tomorrow, with no update of any kind, as was claimed yesterday with the post that quite frankly, seems to have been word vomit that everyone lapped right up.........on the tracking info I was given.

And its funny I never really thought about the paperweight aspect if they just decide to bail on making hex or they find lifes too hard or really whatever the case may be. I feel an obvious solution is to make available a freshly complied V1 Image so that when those of us with an 01, who seemingly invariably will get corrupted by the software bloating for whatever reason......that a fresh image refresh every time it happens would at the very least get people back functioning with the units they purchased (for a time at least) and since V1 needs no servers or iot BS to function, really seems like a no brainer to me.

It may not seem like it but Im getting extremely weary of this entire situation, dabs and vaping and new toys are about removing stress, not adding to it.

Top Bottom