Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
For the past 4 days my 01 has needed to be mindlessly flipped off and on multiple times until she finally boots up beyond file system errors, normally it takes 3 times of fail, today we are up to 8 and counting.

Gonna need a resolution on this.

If DabOS is the answer, release it. (and tell me how Im supposed to update it when my 01 is basically busted)

If its something else, Im standing by.....

ensabbahnur,

mutten840

@afeekh What info are you looking for specifically and I can see about getting it for you. I am waiting on Ava to send me a chunk of info to post and should have it tomorrow.

The Blog page has been neglected, but Ava has promised to post to it and keep it updated. But you can always find info here while we wait for the blog page =)

mutten840,

afeekh

@afeekh What info are you looking for specifically and I can see about getting it for you. I am waiting on Ava to send me a chunk of info to post and should have it tomorrow.

The Blog page has been neglected, but Ava has promised to post to it and keep it updated. But you can always find info here while we wait for the blog page =)

nothing in specific. Was referring to the last instagram post where they said that a blog update was coming that night and that was yesterday. I haven't seen any blog update though. Thats why I was asking.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Poor girls....way too much work for just two people. Hope they get their shit together very soon before their health constitution will totally break down. In my imagination I see two unkempt very tired and overworked sick girls, working day and night, nearly no time for eating and washing always on the boarder to nervous breakdown :ugh:

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Poor girls....way too much work for just two people. Hope they get their shit together very soon before their health constitution will totally break down. In my imagination I see two unkempt very tired and overworked sick girls, working day and night, nearly no time for eating and washing always on the boarder to nervous breakdown :ugh:

Which to be 100% honest, is fine by me, not trying to be a dick but they 100% (and every other waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over promising and under delivering manufacturers) bring it on themselves....do NOT post "blog update tonight" and not have an update...idgaf what the reason is this isn't the first time its happened, you say something you do it...period....simple....inarguable that that is the way commerce and ANY communication for that matter should go. I don't understand how piling more promises/commitments of great futures/experiences are gonna fix/fulfill the prior as yet unrealized promises/commitments?? I highly doubt Im alone in my confusion either.

Tomorrow is gonna be exactly 4 months, thats 1/4 of an entire year since I paid, in full, for a unit that "ships by the end of Jan", let me refresh you all, this is NOT!!!!! a Kickstarter or a crowdfunded product or a product thats still somehow in some beta period, this is an IN PRODUCTION DEVICE there are many units in the wild with sales orders having never been stopped throughout the products life (regardless of numerous, known in advance issues) and while yes, I did recieve a tracking email and number finally yesterday......of course its an itemless/empty tracking holder.....

This isn't a beat down post, Ive stated many many times I love my Hex despite its many issues and never fulfilling its full advertised capabilities despite having it for a year now.....this is a stop apologizing for people that willingly and knowingly put themselves in situations they CONSISTENTLY can't seem to get out of properly, apologies really are not doing anything at this point. Ive worked in numerous electronics manufacturing jobs and a unit like the Hex, with what like ~10 parts...maybe, shouldn't takes literally months for someone to assemble....even if its just 2 people, they are not making 100s of units, this isn't an iPhone launch......the software ostensibly has been "ready" since at least round 1 shipped a while back. Then we waited on coils, but then according to pics on IG it seemed we were more waiting on units to still be built???

Bottom line, I hate seeing companies with good products struggling for frankly stupid reasons, Im not gonna begin to guess how the laundry list of ailments/crazy life issues that seem to keep creeping up around launch times has effected the production flow of the units as a whole across 01s and 02s, but in the future, since they seem to be rather consistent random problems, maybe factor those in from the get go and stop the hype train before it gets up such speed....for instance maybe not saying a single word about DabOS2.1 until its literally a few days out....no one, i mean NO ONE likes over promising and under delivering.....it literally serves NO ONE.

So now, back to waiting for my 01 unit to finally grenade itself fully, or for my 02 unit to arrive, Im getting curious as to whats gonna happen first.

nickmo

I finally got empty tracking last night as well. The tracking I got on 2/22 still remains un-updated...

mutten840

They have been sending out tracking to people and things should continue to pick up momentum with shipping units. they are over worked, but are doing fine and have positive outlooks to the release of the next updates for the touchscreen and non touchscreen units. @ensabbahnur If your unit is acting up, please message me so we can get it working as expected. It almost sounds like you have something off with the unit you have and so it might need to be sent in. But lets get it sorted so you are not using a car with 2 flat tires

I also understand that they have been continually late on their goals and this is part of why I stepped in. To help temper the set time lines to be more realistic. Software is a rough thing to work on and if it was just a matter of soldering some bits together, they would of been done with the units long ago. They are trying to complete the 2 builds and are very very close. I am also waiting and am very eager to get the updates sooner than later. But I also understand that if they send out a bad build and it breaks peoples units further. They will not be happy and most likely become an angry mob.

Please hang in there and if you have any questions or concerns, hit me up and I will do my best to get you answers in a timely manner =)

I now return you to our regular program.....

mutten840

Ok..... I have been promising some updates to the top questions of the hour and I have some of the info. I am still waiting on a few pieces and will post that once I get it

1: Was the possible bug I sent in a bug or just user error and if user error, is there anything I can pass along to help clarify this
(They are still investigating this and I will post more once they let me know their findings)

2: What is the update on coils
We are still honestly kind of in the dark ourselves. They were paid for over a week ago. I just contacted them again to see if we can get a real update before the weekend.

3: When do you think you will start shipping the rest of round 2 units
We will start to send out more R2 units if they’re good without coils and send the coils along once they finally land. We’ll see where we’re at after the weekend and work on getting a solid plan of attack together to make sure the remaining R2 units go out sooner than later

4: Can you let me know if there is any updates on when OS2 port and the next patch will be released
We should be getting together some sort of blog post about that tonight and I will also post any updated info here

5: Can you send me some changes and features for the next patch
(Waiting on response, but expecting something today or tomorrow morning)

I hope this helps with some of the missing info everyone is looking for and I will keep pushing to get more info to post =)

Please hit me up if you need answers to anything or just need to vent a little while you wait =P

szai

Holy shit I need an echo and to think all Amazon needed to do to get me to buy one is to have it ask do you want to get high and are you ready to Fucking Dab!

Last edited:

PoopMachine

Good old terms of service :) I used to even have me one of them there cellular phones back in the day!

Well, I mean, and again, sorry for the thread derail... its been rumored for years that all traffic going along certain backbones was sniffed and logged. Its a real thing that Gmail is monitored and logged and a few years ago it came out that phone calls were being eavesdropped on. Now we see where Facebook data is being harvested for bad intentions and this is just the stuff we know about.

I guess what Im trying to say is being paranoid over all this is dumb. Just visiting this forum you've already exposed yourself. In the grand scheme of things, I think the governments of the world have way better stuff to do than concern themselves with individuals indulging in marijuana.

Anonymity is an illusion. Unless you go completely off the grid, stop using banks, work for cash under the table and pay all your bills with cash, you are being watched and even then you still can be tracked with facial recognition software on the billions of cameras in use today.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion of bangers, coils and ship dates. :)

Dubmonkey

Haven’t gotten my shipping label or any other update emails except the one from Ava on 2/23. Can we just forget the coils and send the units out? Give a credit for the coils and release the units.

I am already eyeing a Kube one or one of those e5cc Canada units as the R2 HN02 is about a month past the “late February” . I need a new controller soon like very soon.

YabbaDABBAdo

Can we just forget the coils and send the units out? Give a credit for the coils and release the units.

@Dubmonkey
3: When do you think you will start shipping the rest of round 2 units
We will start to send out more R2 units if they’re good without coils and send the coils along once they finally land. We’ll see where we’re at after the weekend and work on getting a solid plan of attack together to make sure the remaining R2 units go out sooner than later

Top Bottom