Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

Heatmiser

OK fine... I can’t think of any good reason not to load up on several of those, at this point. ‍♂️ So you really think pieces from vendors like fatdabco and thickassglass are pretty much exact same things that DHgate is selling?

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
OK fine... I can’t think of any good reason not to load up on several of those, at this point. ‍♂️ So you really think pieces from vendors like fatdabco and thickassglass are pretty much exact same things that DHgate is selling?

I do. I mean really, why wouldn't you if you could? 99% of people really dgaf where their glass comes from and I believe that American glass, blown in the USA, is sadly pretty rare when it comes to little glass parts like joints, bangers, slides, etc etc, the margin on china work is simply to large for most vendors to not take advantage of. I also strongly believe that when it is intact fully an American effort, the vendors tend to make a big deal about it.

YabbaDABBAdo

Ok not trying to be a Debby downer or a jerk by saying this, BUT this forum has gotten way off subject! this is a Hex-Nail forum and Hex-Nail related page we have all signed up for notifications for this forum as hex-nail related and subjects having to do with the unit itself. @HexNailAva and @HexNailLiz Have become very lenient on what is discussed here about all of this banger talk about non-related issues to the hex-nail. I admit I brought up banger talk but only with the Hex nail in conjunction with it, I mean no offense but this talk of where to buy and what one is better than the other versus American and Chinese needs to be discussed elsewhere.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Ok not trying to be a Debby downer or a jerk by saying this, BUT this forum has gotten way off subject! this is a Hex-Nail forum and Hex-Nail related page we have all signed up for notifications for this forum as hex-nail related and subjects having to do with the unit itself. @HexNailAva and @HexNailLiz Have become very lenient on what is discussed here about all of this banger talk about non-related issues to the hex-nail. I admit I brought up banger talk but only with the Hex nail in conjunction with it, I mean no offense but this talk of where to buy and what one is better than the other versus American and Chinese needs to be discussed elsewhere.

Bro that's ridiculous, how is banger talk not related to the Hex Nail? It's a PID controller. I understand what you're trying to say, but it seems unreasonable to expect such when the thread is already 63 pages long. If it was supposed to be limited to Hex Nail controller chat only from Ava it would be 2 pages max and completely dead. I think the people you tagged appreciate their controller being relevant in forum discussions.

Furthermore, even if that was the case, that we shouldn't talk about nails and bangers to actually use with the PID in this thread, surely that all went out the door when they started selling 25mm coils?

mutten840

I think what @YabbaDABBAdo was trying to say is dont go too far down the rabbit hole when talking about bangers on the hexnail thread. I personally know I am one of the instigators of this conversation and get what he and others have voiced. They are waiting eagerly for an update on something and get a notification to the hex thread. They rush over to see its just some banger talk and so they get bummed and go back to waiting.

I do also agree we should be able to speak about anything that relates to the hexnail experience and so that would mean bangers and coils. I know several have used the info in this thread to help them get the banger tech up and running. So that means it does have value to some.

So to me the takeaway is to try and temper the banger discussion to a smaller part of the overall discussion and if anyone ever wants to start an offline convo, I am always down to discuss banger tech =)

Just wanted to add my take on this to the pile =)

YabbaDABBAdo

I think what @YabbaDABBAdo was trying to say is dont go too far down the rabbit hole when talking about bangers on the hexnail thread. I personally know I am one of the instigators of this conversation and get what he and others have voiced. They are waiting eagerly for an update on something and get a notification to the hex thread. They rush over to see its just some banger talk and so they get bummed and go back to waiting.

I do also agree we should be able to speak about anything that relates to the hexnail experience and so that would mean bangers and coils. I know several have used the info in this thread to help them get the banger tech up and running. So that means it does have value to some.

So to me the takeaway is to try and temper the banger discussion to a smaller part of the overall discussion and if anyone ever wants to start an offline convo, I am always down to discuss banger tech =)

Just wanted to add my take on this to the pile =)
yes thanks @mutten840 exactly I’m not stepping on toes and I’m not saying to stop talking about bangers and different techniques completely I am one that Started talking about 25 mm coil’s and bangers too the only thing I am saying is we are getting off topic with hex nail related subjects not saying to stop discussing banger in general but let’s keep it towards a hex nail related subjects. i.e. insert tech how to fit coils properly and what nail works best with settings and configurations of different set ups with the hex nail inmind

not here to start a rant at all or trying to be pushy just want to keep this thread going on the hex nail side of subject again

everyone with 25 mm coils in bangers right now what settings are using, what temperature are you at, let’s start getting into actual techniques on uptemp/glob and droptemp. I personally have been using my own nail profile settings I do not run standard heavy I currently have my own PID settings for the gavel

Let’s keep this thread on a positive note

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
yes thanks @mutten840 exactly I’m not stepping on toes and I’m not saying to stop talking about bangers and different techniques completely I am one that Started talking about 25 mm coil’s and bangers too the only thing I am saying is we are getting off topic with hex nail related subjects not saying to stop discussing banger in general but let’s keep it towards a hex nail related subjects. i.e. insert tech how to fit coils properly and what nail works best with settings and configurations of different set ups with the hex nail inmind

not here to start a rant at all or trying to be pushy just want to keep this thread going on the hex nail side of subject again

everyone with 25 mm coils in bangers right now what settings are using, what temperature are you at, let’s start getting into actual techniques on uptemp/glob and droptemp. I personally have been using my own nail profile settings I do not run standard heavy I currently have my own PID settings for the gavel

Let’s keep this thread on a positive note

25mm banger, standard heavy, 20mm coil, 540 preset, 20/20 glob mode. Sometimes I hit glob mode twice. I am getting higher, bigger clouds and creating less reclaim with the 25mm quartZ banger setup vs 30mm Liger.

Would you share your hex Nail PID settings for the gavel?

mutten840

For the gavel I run it 5 to 10 degrees hotter than a normal banger. So 545 to 550

The gavel likes a little more heat than the regular bangers =)

Here are the pid settings I have been using

100%
10%
10%

YabbaDABBAdo

Would you share your hex Nail PID settings for the gavel?
Ive only been using the gavel as a nail and my starting point for my settings were given to me by Ava for the eternal quartz banger they currently have for testing, but I found in testing I wasn’t getting a super stable temp on the coil it would swing up and down by 10-15° so with so tweaking I’ve got it down to a 5° fluctuating temp during the entire dab

My PID settings
P-6%
I-18%
D-22%
I wind-80%
D wind-80%
Windup on-25%

Here’s a screenshot video of my dab on the hex during the entire length of my hit. It looks like nothing is happening the entire time but when you first see the temp rise above 535° that is when I am placing my dab on the nail you can actually see the power increase on the coil at that same time the temperature starts to rise indicating that the unit is now drawing more power to heat up to keep the coil at set temp. but from that point till the temp rises and I hit the glob I am dabbing the whole time with approx a .3ish size hit https://www.flickr.com/photos/152965253@N08/39613700465/in/dateposted/

Last edited:

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Instagram post from last night indicated, "Round 2 will finally start shipping tomorrow". The picture showed what appeared to be finished units; nine HN-02 and three HN-01. I'm hoping for some tracking info today! I got a shipping label from them back on 2/22 that never got updated, I keep checking that status lol!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgm1U-dhUdb/?hl=en

Looks like I may have been the only one who went with Walnut

Top Bottom