Herborizer corner

lazylathe

Almost there...
@lazylathe and @SoDelicious, guys what are your opinions? Appreciate your reviews

Only had the Ti for under a week so far.
Still withholding my opinions for now as they vary from day to day.
Also waiting for my Glass Symphony XL to arrive and then test side by side!

EDIT: Also lots of adjusting and messing around with the length of heater protruding from the glass is a PITA!

EDIT #2: I did try the ENail setup quickly...
First try was on 7 and WOW, too hot but still quite tasty, just coughed a lot.
Turned down to 4 and the hits were pretty good for Ti!
No need to carb as there is enough consistent heat on the hollowed out area.
Nice option to have but i prefer my Errlectric with Quartz dish or my Flower Pot with Quartz dish.
Perfect for traveling!

Last edited:

SoDelicious

Salted Caramel Ice Cream
It's probably been about 2 or so weeks since I've had my TI and I have been religiously testing it side by side against the flower pot.

Here are a few pro's I feel the TI has over the FP (may change in the future)...

Hits are a lot smoother on my throat on the TI taking the same amount. The FP is much harsher and makes me cough like crazy. I use the TI and FP exclusively as 1 hitters so I made sure the abv came out almost the exact same color for both (pushing the abv to near combustion).

Effects out of the same bowl size are the same.

I have found that the TI does not milk a glass as good or as quickly as the FP with the lollicap but the vapor density looks slightly denser with the TI on exhale. Maybe because the flower bowl is heated like the sub atomizer?

As of right now those are really the only 2 main differences I see. The TI is smoother and has denser clouds.

Honestly, I don't think one is better than the other. It really just depends on your needs. I feel that the TI is better for medical users since it is much smoother on your throat and all you have to do is turn a knob to use. If you want snot and tear dripping sessions (recent combusters) + double deckers the FP is for you.

Last edited:

Alexis

Thanks @SoDelicious on behalf of the fc community for further elaborating on your recent impressions. This update will certainly help the Herb Ti's reputation. The flowerpot is getting a lot of excellent reviews and stands out as one of the top vapes out there.

So for you to still rate the Ti so well alongside it speaks volumes.
This also helps me to feel happy with the Ti over the Flowerpot for my own sensitivities. I will cross that one of my VAS list for now, Im sure it would not be tolerable for me based on what you say.

Im sure @Hogni will be very assured to hear this comparison, he seems fully intent on buying the Ti next week.

Im looking forward to more impressions coming from people who have other heavy hitters to compare to, purely out of intersts sake.:popcorn:
Cant wait for Lazylathe's impressions. His reviews are always masterpieces and as useful anybodies. And should be very interesting to also see your own impressions @biohacker when you get around to his eventually after your break.

So my new vape isnt shit after all hey?!:lol:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Thank you very much, @SoDelicious, for your fast reply!

Smoothness is a very important factor. I'm still a - heavy - cigarette smoker, but vape is irritating my lungs pretty much. I'm coughing very fast when vaping. I don't do so when smoking. After being very impressed by the perfomance of the Sublimator when testing it it's harshness became a big Sub con for my liking.

Alexis

Thank you very much, @SoDelicious, for your fast reply!

Smoothness is a very important factor. I'm still a - heavy - cigarette smoker, but vape is irritating my lungs pretty much. I'm coughing very fast when vaping. I don't do so when smoking. After being very impressed by the perfomance of the Sublimator when testing it it's harshness became a big Sub con for my liking.
I know for a fact that sometimes when people have trouble toerating a vaporizer, it is because their lungs need cleaning out from tobacco, and the expectorant action causes coughongnand irritation.

There are other mechanisms also causing irritation from vaporizing, but maybe an element of your experience is due to your ongoing tobacco use? Just a thought anyway. May not apply to you though, but I know this is true for others I know who are heavy smokers.

Its very interesting how the Ti has been through the mill a little lately with some questions being raised about it in relation to the other big ones, but it appears to have come through shining with its own unique special qualities.:clap:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Honestly, I don't think one is better than the other.

I agree totally with this statement!
I would however remove the Sublimator from this group, as in order to achieve the same density vapor as the Ti or FP the Sub absolutely obliterates any flavor in your herb. The Ti and FP seem to preserve it longer, the FP more so than the Ti in certain instances.

I have had my Ti set at 5mm protruding and set at 5,75 on the dial.
I now have it 4mm protruding and set on 6 and it is so much better! Flavor lasts longer and herb browns slower.
Lately i am all about enjoying my medicating routine, so time is not a huge concern and i quite like to stir and check on my herb during the session.
Moving the heat source 1mm further away and opened it up even more for me!
Lots of testing to go...

Alexis

I agree totally with this statement!
I would however remove the Sublimator from this group, as in order to achieve the same density vapor as the Ti or FP the Sub absolutely obliterates any flavor in your herb. The Ti and FP seem to preserve it longer, the FP more so than the Ti in certain instances.

I have had my Ti set at 5mm protruding and set at 5,75 on the dial.
I now have it 4mm protruding and set on 6 and it is so much better! Flavor lasts longer and herb browns slower.
Lately i am all about enjoying my medicating routine, so time is not a huge concern and i quite like to stir and check on my herb during the session.
Moving the heat source 1mm further away and opened it up even more for me!
Lots of testing to go...
This is intersting. I personally am not satisfied that I have got my heater at the right distance portruding into the bowl. I think this area needs some attention and exploration.

It has been very loosely addressed by Sebastien (no criticsim). He said, via @bleak , that it should protrude 5 mm from the glass housing, to create the venturi effect and prevent uneven load cooking as occurs in the XL.

So when my Ti came, I noticed the inner post sticking out in the middle, either before or after I adjusted it to 5 mm, not sure now which I hadnt seen in any photos. The inner post sticks outvover 6 mm to my eye. I asumed the inner and outer metal parts at the tip of the injector are intended to be flush. But that way the heater is protruding more than 6 mm put of the glass like that.

Also, to me, the XL, out of all vapes I ever used, has probably the most even load cooking. You can get away without stirring for a long time, depending on load size and temp of course.

But the Ti, which Seb hints should not have this issue at 5 mm protrusion, has VERY uneven load cooking. It HAS to be stirred, and a large part of the load will be dark brown with some light unvaped bits at edge and bottom.

This is one of the biggest moans I have with the Ti, it takes constant attention if you want to avoid uneven load browning.

I have planned to adjust the heater as you have done to stick out less far when my break is over, to see if it cooks more evenly, or has otner benefits.

I presume Lazy that your heater now has the inner metal post sticking out a few extra mm? No need to confirm, unless it is still flush let me know please so I know my heater might be different to yours.

And WOW. Your impressions alongside Flowerpot mirror @SoDelicious ', and is another terrific support for the Ti. More to come Im sure.:tup:

SoDelicious

Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Just took 1 long hit on the TI on setting 5.

q7Lxcoq.jpg

Is that even? In not sure :hmm:

I haven't stirred any loads or made any adjustments to the inner post ever since I started using the TI.

I was getting uneven cooking before, i think because the glass injector i received is not cut perfectly straight which misaligned it from the bottom where the air comes through. I span the glass injector around until everything even which fixed the issue, but there is still a small gap where the glass and Ti handle meets. The other side does not have a gap like that though.

NPacfxo.jpg

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Alexis

I have adjusted the heater core upwards as well as the sleeve over the heater core.
Both the heater core and the outer core are even with each other.
The Ti is protruding 4mm beyond the glass injector now and on temp 6 it is very nice!
Will upload a pic later.

Try adjusting it like this and see what happens.

Alexis

Alexis, if you decide the ti isn't for you fancy a swap with the evo :brow:
Thanks for the option, we will see in time. However, the Ti is brilliant for my hemp fiber essential oil method. The EVO wont work this way due to the design, so for the moment I have no plans to re-home it. But I will keep it in mimd thanks.:tup:

Thanks @lazylathe just saw your post. So you can adjust the "inner post" as well? This I will try and could improve things a lot. Much appreciated.

Edit:

I adjusted the inner part, it would only move up a smidge. I think maybe when I adjusted it in the first place, and I loosened the inner part first by mistake, it may have slipped down mm or 2.

I would say it may still be 5 mm but it did move up a little. It is a little out of focus above cos the camera was eyeing the autoflower below the washing line!:lol:

Last edited:

Alexis

@lazylathe thanks a lot bro you have helped me once again figure out the obvious with your Sherlock brain for all things vapes!
I took another peak at Bleak's video, and I was amazed to see his injector really was stickimg out of thr glass only about 2 mm, with the inner and outer metal parts level.

When I adjusted mine earlier, I had the outer bit loosened and tried pushing the inner bit in. It was quite tight, I didnt want to force it- it felt a bit like a spring, and it woudnt go up much.
So after I levelled and tightened the outer part, it was still around 5 mm protrusion.

After I saw Bleak's 2 mm protrusion, I whipped it out again and this time loosened the inner part but kept the outer metal tight so they stayed level, and this way it was easier to push it up further.

I had it just like Bleak's, about 2 mm out of the glass. I moved it again:

Now it is about 4 mm ish, and dead level! It looks right like this, it didnt look right to me before.

Im so pleased you have helped me realise this. It was over 6 mm out before, the inner part, so I moved the outer bit to be level. It didnt seem right otherwise. I am confident this will improve the functioning of the device, amd hopefully make for even smoother vapor, hopefully more even cook and slower browning.

Like yourself, I want to savour the experience just a little, prolong it slightly, but still get a fast and even extraction.
Really looking forward to playing with it again soon now.:clap:

Alexis

I am so happy you understood what i was talking about!
How could I not? You make everything so clear for everyone! Thats why I love your reviews so much! Most people wouldnt have the patience and tolerance to put up with such a problem child like myself. :lol:
Im sure a lot of fc members are bored sick of me by now and my idiosyncratic ways, but I definitely dont get that feeling with you bro! Thanks again man.:tup:

Pustupillo

The Don_Key
My heater comes out of the glass 5,5mm (when arrived was 6mm) and i find it PERFECT, i also tried 4mm but 5,5 is the best imo. Cause i want a fast full fast extraction, in 1-2 breath is all finished and abv extra dark brown. After every breath i use my the titanium dab to mix a bit the herb in the bowl.

Since i got my TI im using 1/3 less herb than when i was smoking joints and i still get MORE stoned then when smoking.. Just incredible.. with 0.2 - 0.3 a day im more than OK.

Saturday night i made a 0.1 of Blue Dream (humboldt seeds) made outdoor and dried for 6 months (i still have some ^_^) and my f...ing god lol i was on another planet guys. Made me think of a thc overdose

The less, the better with vaporizers.

TI is perfect for microdosing imo

Alexis

My heater comes out of the glass 5,5mm (when arrived was 6mm) and i find it PERFECT, i also tried 4mm but 5,5 is the best imo. Cause i want a fast full fast extraction, in 1-2 breath is all finished and abv extra dark brown. After every breath i use my the titanium dab to mix a bit the herb in the bowl.

Since i got my TI im using 1/3 less herb than when i was smoking joints and i still get MORE stoned then when smoking.. Just incredible.. with 0.2 - 0.3 a day im more than OK.

Saturday night i made a 0.1 of Blue Dream (humboldt seeds) made outdoor and dried for 6 months (i still have some ^_^) and my f...ing god lol i was on another planet guys. Made me think of a thc overdose

The less, the better with vaporizers.

TI is perfect for microdosing imo
Thanks for sharing your experience. Sorry I forget your temp preference now but I think you favour the higher temps possibly? I was using a lot more herb than that each day, sometimes 3 bowls over a few hours up to 0.45 grams, over half gram a day.

But I was very unwell. The better I am in my health the more I enjoy my weed and less material gives a fuller effect, as I am able to enjoy the conscious experience and be happy with less.

When Im ill the experience goes over my head and I use more, which kind of blocks the high in a way.

With the heater protrusion distance- its what Sebastien said about the 5mm thing to ensure even load cooking. As my loads have been brown spotting heavily, I wanted to play around with it to see if I can change this. So I will do more testing in 3 or 4 weeks.

I will also want to quiz @lazylathe then about his preferred heating style. Since you told me your method with the XL Lazy, to pre-heat injector for 15 minutes on top of the bowl at setting 8 for decent clouds from smaller loads- that is what I do. Except I stick to 7 on the XL, but keep the injector on the bowl the entire time. No hurry for that yet, keep on testing for now.

I dont want to do this with the Ti (leave heater on bowl for pre-heat and in between hits, unless they are close together. I dont feel it is necessary. I will always give it a good warm up (10 mins plus), then just drop on top of bowl when loaded and remove in between hits.

The chosen approach here will affect the results more with the Ti. We each have to decide.

Alexis

@Alexis i always leave the heater in the bowl, a hair above temp 6 for 15 minutes, perfect way to use ti for me
Yes this approach is fine I am sure. And Im sure this may be the best way to microdose, so I will experiment this way too.
The off bowl approach I think may allow for more predictable, consistent results from larger loads possibly.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Alexis

With the Ti I find no need to preheat the bowl.
I allow the injector to preheat away from the bowl for about 10 minutes.
At 5mm protruding and temp set at 6, i get almost instant clouds with amazing flavor.
This is using a generous pinch pf herbs, enough to cover the screen and a height of +-2mm.
I take my ABV to a very light brown, golden color as i despise the taste of the herb as it turns dark. If i never taste that burnt popcorn taste again, i will be super happy!

I still need to test out it's micro load efficiency.
For your micro loads, what do they weigh out at?

As for the XL, again IMO it does not compare to the Ti in any way except in form.
Massive injector and massive bowl! I ma sure if they slimmed it down to Ti proportions it would function much better.
The XL is my sitting back and relaxing with a bowl for an hour or more!
It's my best social vape!

Joaon

On my side, I'm minding to get a heating element with integrated thermocouple, along with a PID controller to drive it .. :myday:

I can't find anyone that could fit, so here is what we neeed::freak:

5mm Diameter, 65mm long Cartridge Heater (or Heating Element) with integreated Thermocouple

There is three locations of the Thermocouple, I think Style C is way to go for our needs..:
Slide11.png

Otherwise, it's just a resistor element similar to the ones of ours Herbo' (a bit bigger for the XL..).
But that temperature sensor, alowing to drive it with a PID/Nail controller = Precise temp
-> Flavor/vapor heaven :haw:

It should looks like this:
HTB1fpUkHpXXXXbfXFXXq6xXFXXXy.jpg

There is ton of (china) sellers, prices are very attractives, but can't find any model (or precise description..)
that will fit.
It seems that they take custom orders, so maybe ...

I'll try to talk to Sebastien before any move, just to hear his tought about, and see if he has 'contacts' .. :brow:

Last edited:

Carlos8400

This is my routine, hasn't really changed since getting the Ti although i have lowered my temp from 6 to 5.

Turn it on the desired temp, let it warm up for 5 to 10 minutes on the bowl. On setting 6 i can get away with 5 min, on setting 5 10 minutes is better. For the moment i usually prefer setting 5.

Fill the warm bowl to the bottom of the joint, tamper it down slightly to the top of the handle.

ZWFSQU9.jpg

Milk it, usually take 3 long draws, then stir and tamper, 3 more long draws, stir tamper, might take one or two more but usually it's gone. It takes 1 minute or so.

CJub2EQ.jpg

Results:

pQKEEMu.jpg

A little lighter than on 6, but better taste, and it goes into cookies anyway. Looks even to me, considering the stems and everything goes in.

It sees quite a few of these daily. I clean the bowl and grill in 99% alcohol once or twice a month, never adjusted the set screw, never had a problem, i have nothing bad to say about the Ti.
(Other than the hot handle issue which is now corrected)

Edit: looking at the colour of your Ti parts and injectors, you are not using it much. Seriously, stop trying to find problems with it and use it! It is a beast!

Last edited:

Alexis

This is my routine, hasn't really changed since getting the Ti although i have lowered my temp from 6 to 5.

Turn it on the desired temp, let it warm up for 5 to 10 minutes on the bowl. On setting 6 i can get away with 5 min, on setting 5 10 minutes is better. For the moment i usually prefer setting 5.

Fill the warm bowl to the bottom of the joint, tamper it down slightly to the top of the handle.

ZWFSQU9.jpg

Milk it, usually take 3 long draws, then stir and tamper, 3 more long draws, stir tamper, might take one or two more but usually it's gone. It takes 1 minute or so.

CJub2EQ.jpg

Results:

pQKEEMu.jpg

A little lighter than on 6, but better taste, and it goes into cookies anyway. Looks even to me, considering the stems and everything goes in.

It sees quite a few of these daily. I clean the bowl and grill in 99% alcohol once a month, never adjusted the set screw, never had a problem, i have nothing bad to say about the Ti.
(Other than the hot handle issue which is now corrected)

Edit: looking at the colour of your Ti parts and injectors, you are not using it much. Seriously, stop trying to find problems with it and use it! It is a beast!
Your abv does look very even there Carlos. Much more than mine did. With a load that size, on setting 5 I would have very dark brown on top and very uneven herb.
It is tricky to see your injector though the glass, but it looks like it might be quite high up, loke less than 5 mm. I remember you saying it was 5 or 6 mm out from glass?

Maybe it is a little less than 5 mm? Hard to always estimate these things.

My handle does get very warm/hot sometimes on 5 and surprises me. Other times it doesnt seem to get that warm. It works consistently, but the handle heat does vary a lot.

Your abv is lighter than mine in the XL on setting 7. The Ti abv, when I tip it into the abv tin, you can see it on top because it is darker than the XL stuff. I also like a bit of colour left so there is more use for it in edibles.

@lazylathe I havent tried many true micro loads yet. I was using 0.1 to 0.2 mainly. I will do more specific testing down the line. I would rather have a number of big hits per load, than one large hit and need to reload, once I get the load to cook evenly.

I never tried a load as big as Carlos'. That is well over 0.3 I think. Carlos is hardcore no doubt!

Last edited:

Carlos8400

Your abv does look very even there Carlos. Much more than mine did. With a load that size, on setting 5 I would have very dark brown on top and very uneven herb.
It is tricky to see your injector though the glass, but it looks like it might be quite high up, loke less than 5 mm. I remember you saying it was 5 or 6 mm out from glass?

Maybe it is a little less than 5 mm? Hard to always estimate these things.

My handle does get very warm/hot sometimes on 5 and surprises me. Other times it doesnt seem to get that warm. It works consistently, but the handle heat does vary a lot.

Your abv is lighter than mine in the XL on setting 7. The Ti abv, when I tip it into the abv tine, you can see it on top because it is darker than the XL stuff. I also like a bit of colour left so there is more use for it in edibles.

@lazylathe I havent tried many true micro loads yet. I was using 0.1 to 0.2 mainly. I will do more specific testing down the line. I would rather have a number of big hits per load, than one larhe hit and need to reload, once I het the load to cook evenly.

I never tried a load as big as Carlos'. That is well over 0.3 I think. Carlos is hardcore no doubt!

Just measured it and it is precisely 5mm, with the thinner inner post protruding ever so slightly from it, maybe half a mm.

Also, before the first stir i do have darker abv on the top and lighter along the glass, this is why i stir. Do you heat the injector on the bowl? Bowl heat is important IMO.

You can actually see the difference in new vs old handle in the pics.
Mine has very shallow cooling fins, So Delicious's and yours have much deeper fins.

Carlos8400,
Reactions: Alexis
Top Bottom