Herborizer corner

Pustupillo

The Don_Key
Man, you need to turn your consumption down.. maybe you have mj with really low thc%?

The material you vape is the most important thing imo.

Carlos8400

Man, you need to turn your consumption down.. maybe you have mj with really low thc%?

The material you vape is the most important thing imo.

Nope, this is very nice Master Kush. Not incredible USA top shelf, but it is well grown and well cured. I don't think anyone would call it weak, it has actually floored a few people...

Last edited:

-francois-

Hi everyone,
I have been reading thoroughly all your posts. This vaporizer is so interesting ! I have got a question that is maybe a bit off topic, but as some of you seem to have a lot of experience with different kind of vaporizers : How does this vaporizer compare to a log vape ?
I used to own (and love) an underdog vape but I used it so much that it finally broke down...
When I opened it to find the issue, I realised that all the inside next to the heating element had become charred wood ! The resulting empty space next to the heating element made it loose and thus the welding broke.
I love things that are durable and I would have bought a new log vape without an hesitation if I was sure it wouldn't end the same way.
However I miss the awesome extraction it provided. I am currently using a pax2 and it seems like a toy compared to a log vape.
I have the feeling that a TI herborizer would be more durable and the extraction capacity as good or even better. So I would be glad to have your opinion on the subject :-)

Alexis

Hi everyone,
I have been reading thoroughly all your posts. This vaporizer is so interesting ! I have got a question that is maybe a bit off topic, but as some of you seem to have a lot of experience with different kind of vaporizers : How does this vaporizer compare to a log vape ?
I used to own (and love) an underdog vape but I used it so much that it finally broke down...
When I opened it to find the issue, I realised that all the inside next to the heating element had become charred wood ! The resulting empty space next to the heating element made it loose and thus the welding broke.
I love things that are durable and I would have bought a new log vape without an hesitation if I was sure it wouldn't end the same way.
However I miss the awesome extraction it provided. I am currently using a pax2 and it seems like a toy compared to a log vape.
I have the feeling that a TI herborizer would be more durable and the extraction capacity as good or even better. So I would be glad to have your opinion on the subject :-)
It will certainly be very durable. The extraction is very good, and especially, fast! But I dont think it will be as efficient you will likely use more material, since the hits will be denser so less vapor will make direct contact inside your body and much more will be exhaled.
There are ways to get around this I am sure. I have never used a log vape. I want to own one, it is a different style to the Ti.
Other Ti owners do have experience with logs ( @PPN ).
The new woodscents log will be far more durable than the underdog.
Good luck and welcome to the corner!:tup:

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
How does this vaporizer compare to a log vape ?

I've never used a log vape that I think is in the ballpark. Mostly because most logs have a very small bowl, and this vape has a bowl that works well with a little and is killer with a lot! I like to have vapes that give me the option to really pack a big load for those nights when I need it.

If you're into efficiency, then log vapes are it, and Ed's Woodscense is amazing at being super efficient, even for a log, and because he put a lot of effort into solving the charring issue you are talking about. You should go over to his thread and check it out...he's solved several log vape issues with it.

Carlos8400

IMO the fact that you don't have to use glass stems is a huge plus for the TI in this comparison.
It is the nicest vape to use from a purely functional point of view. Literally like using a bong.
No stems, no weird little baskets, just shovel it in the bowl and off you go!

Durability wise, there is very little to go wrong, unless you break the glass.

The fact that all parts can be bought separately for a reasonable price, and have been available for so long (the controller is the same than the one used in the 10 year old XL) means that the odds of you not being able to get a problem sorted for cheap, even out of warranty are very slim.

I own two and would buy two more if they were stolen. IMO you can't get a better vape for the money right now.

Last edited:

-francois-

@Alexis @stickstones Thanks both of you for your really instructive answers !
Ok so one is a hitter and the other one less but more efficient. Why can't a TI herbo be as efficient as a log vape if set at low temp with almost 1 hour preheat time like I had to do with my log vape ?
Maybe because there is no the wood layer around insulating it ? On my log vape, wood made the vaporiser really efficient in keeping the temperature constant despite monster hits on it ; like an high thermal inertia.

I did't know there was a topic talking about the charring issue ! Thanks I'm gonna check it out.

Carlos8400

Honestly, i don't really understand what Alexis is trying to say in the previous post (sorry Alexis), and i don't see why he thinks it would be less efficient.

It is super efficient to me. Whether i put a light dusting in, or fill the bowl like in my previous pics on page 59, i always end up with evenly brown AVB in a few inhalations. It responds well to different temperatures.
It can give you smooth tasty vapor on 4.5 or 5, or nuke your brain with smoke like thick vapor on 6.5

I think it might actually be better than others at maintaining temperature just because of it's weight.
It is basically 65gr of solid titanium. Once it is hot, it is hot. You will never have to wait for it to heat up in between inhalations.

Alexis

Ok so one is a hitter and the other one less but more efficient. Why can't a TI herbo be as efficient as a log vape if set at low temp with almost 1 hour preheat time like I had to do with my log vape ?
Maybe because there is no the wood layer around insulating it ? On my log vape, wood made the vaporiser really efficient in keeping the temperature constant despite monster hits on it ; like an high thermal inertia.
You will never need to pre-heat it for an hour! Not even close. That's like turning the grill on to make your toast 45 minutes in advance!:lol:

I cant explain to you exactly why the logs are more efficient. It may just be subjective, the dose determines the experience perhaps. The Ti will get you medicated much more quickly and has the potential to take you a lot further, faster.
It will be harder with the Ti to walk the path slowly, even small amoints will be vaped quite fast and give a kick.
But like I say, I have never used logs. I really would like one, to offer an alternative style of getting high.

I would choose in order, if price was no issue, and waiting lists didnt exist:
Ed's Woodscents, (starting at $295)
Homegrown Log Vape (long waiting list and the creater is not a well man bless him, nice guy),
Enano (not because I think it is bettet than Underdog, just Im more drawn to it).

Why can't a TI herbo be as efficient as a log vape if set at low temp

Actually, I think what it boils down to, the log vapes will work at low temps with tiny amounts of weed to get decent hits. I think with the Ti, the smaller the load, the higher the temp needs to be to make it worthwhile.
Just a thought.

And like Carlos says, there is very little to go wrong with the Ti that cant be fixed cheaply and simply, like small glass parts.
Im sure if you disassembled the heater fully it could pick up some wear and tear.
I can see one thing going wrong, but no big concern.
While I was adjusting my heater protrusion distance from the glass housing, I noticed that the allen key got a little stuck, and I had to twist it back the other way slightly to free it.
And the allen was slipping out of the (joint) when it was tightened, a bit like a screw suffering some wear and tear in the groove where the screwdriver goes in.
Just one thing to watch. It is possible that the metal ay have been chipped slightly by the allen key, but maybe not. I will just be extra careful if I need to adjust it again.

Bottom line, it is a hard one. Such different styles of vaporizer. Different usage pattern, effects etc.
I like the option of fast and powerful medication. But I also like variety. I dont intend to use the Ti with load sizes below 0.1 grams. If I can secure enough personal weed supply, I would use at least 0.2 or more.
So you will need to think about what styke of vaping suits you best. Do you want to sip and savour with micro amounts, or have the option of going to the moon?
Ideally both would be good.

EDIT-that's okay @Carlos8400 , Im not sure exactly what I mean by that either. All I know is that "efficient" and log vapes are nearly always in the same sentence.
With my Ti I generally use far more weed and much quicker than in my Vapcap.
It gets me a lot more stoned, but not necessariy weight for weight.
I dont understand all the variables. You are welcome to disagree or question my thinking at any time Carlos, my brain does not work properly and I often cant see the obvious.:tup:

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge

I did't know there was a topic talking about the charring issue ! Thanks I'm gonna check it out.

I should clarify how I talk about efficiency. For me, efficiency is directly related to satisfactory hits. You can put 0.05 grams of herb in just about any vape and fully extract it and get to the same medicated state with all of them, because it is all about the herb, not the vape. But they will hit differently. I like to get a hit I can feel, and see if possible. Log vapes have a designed configuration that make it easy to get satisfactory hits with very little herb. With other vapes with bigger bowls and larger diameters, the hits get more airy and less satisfactory for me. The vapor to air ratio isn't high enough like with a log vape. So I could take a dinky load to a log vape and extract it all in about one or two hits that I can feel, or put that same load in a vape like this and get wispier hits, still with full extraction, after about four or five hits. Does that make any sense?

On the flip side, I might need four bowls and 20 minutes with a log vape to get to the same place I can with the Herborizer loaded full and about four hits. Since I'm more of a heavy user, I gravitate towards vapes like this, whereas someone with less tolerance might like the log experience better.

Alexis

Stickstones has nailed it for you. I think this is what I was sort of thinking, but couldnt quite work it out in my head. I think there are some other variables involved too. I exhale huge amounts of vapor with the Ti, but absorb a much higher percentage with my vapcap.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have to agree with @stickstones with his definition of a satisfying hit.
I used to be all about a few specks of bud being good enough for me, hence i owned a few log vapes. They are awesome for tiny loads and are always on, so always ready to hit. Bigger loads are where they tend to struggle a bit and technique comes into play. For me, they were too much work.

What i now look for in a vape is the ability to extract a load in a few hits, stirring if required and nice thick clouds of tasty vapor.
So far the Ti is delivering this in copious amounts.

MrMonss

I have a pretty large stock and tried much of, and agree with that lack of vapor production.
Hop is one of best for vapor production (hop is "related" to cannabis somehow..),
but careful, it is not recommended for depressive persons ..
on another hand, St. John's wort produce less vapor, but is really good to sooth the nerves and reduce emotional turmoil :tup:
And Lavender at evening, nice sleepy effect :)

Hi Guys,
@Joaon while I was cutting my mint today I thought about your post (the one in quote, sorry for the return to the past).. I will be interested in a closer look at your experience with St. John's Wort (Millepertuis), do you grow it ? (it seems to be very simple) You buy it in herbalism ?
I would like to start a little diversify and/or manufacture different plant sets, as I wondered what I could do with all the mint that invaded my balcony.. Millepertuis/StJohn'sWort sounds good earing you, and the St Jean is comming soon.

Peace guys.

Joaon

@MrMonss, I bought it with the rest of current medicinal herbs, it is from Herbs of Gods.
I still have plenty of,
but I understand and really like the concept of making a medicinal garden decicated to vaporization ! :tup:

Millepertuis has a good effect on mood indeed, very nerves calming I found, and keeps negatives thoughts away..

Have a nice day everyone !

MrMonss

The idea of making his own "blends" is very seducing. The herbo is very useful for that, and In the day time the big hits that he gives are a bit difficult to hide..
Sorry for a bit offtopic video

Last edited:

Alexis

@Alexis

For the EQ basket mod, take the basket and place it rim side down on a desk.
Now the take male end of the 18mm bowl that fits into your WT and press that over the mesh so that the rim is flush against the end of the joint.

Voila! One extra filter!
Yep, that works! Thanks very much. So what a double bonus, the filter to keep bits out of the glass piece, maybe, hopefully reduce allergies (?), and on top, a new improved method of essential oil inhalation if I pick up some of the Herbalizer aroma pads!
Its nice when life pays you back in unexpected ways.:D

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
I wonder if these pads will work with neat essential oils? Today I received a 5 pack of the EQ basket/elbow screens, after both Biohacker and Alan Partridge insisted they are a necessity to stop fine particles falling through the gauze in the Herbo Ti.

You know well Biohacker's insistance Lazy that fine grind/particle fall through causes health issues/allergies, and Alan Partridge also is adamant that he was having allergy problems with his Ti from particles making it into the water, but he solved this by installing the EQ basket screen.

Im still not convinced about this, but I ordered some anyway.
But I cant see how they mean for them to be used. They dont drop down in the Ti bowl below the dimples, so you cant put it below the normal screen in usual place.
It would have to rest on top of the dimples.

They are too narrow to go into the downpipe. So Im confused.

However, maybe I can use them with these aroma pads for my essential oil treatment, instead of hemp fiber, which is awkward and inconsistent?
If anyone has any experience with this?

With my Herbo Ti, the particles are actuallt fallong around the edge if the screen anyway, which is nor secure at the edges like the XL. I get very minimal particle fall through with the XL bowl.

It goes at the bottom into the male joint... see the last pic I posted to this thread.

Alexis

It goes at the bottom into the male joint... see the last pic I posted to this thread.
Thanks Alan. Got it sorted now, it will be a big bonus to keep pieces out of the water tools. And I will be very interested to see if it makes a noticeable difference with my allergies, although there is a good chance my allergies may be a lot better next time I use it anyway, Im curently on a break for another 3 weeks and with luck, could be the best I have been for many, many years, if I can just for once avoid further infections.

Still need a nice big tube, will have to get more serious about looking soon.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend mate. Yesterday was scorchio wasn't it?

Alexis,

MrMonss

@Carlos8400 may be happy with this new biggger bowl.
You can also mix it with a bit of Hash on the "classic" screen..

img-20170620-093453107_imagesia-com_1eaes.jpg

Last edited:

Alexis

A quick word on another thing I like about my Ti- the glass fittings are very well made and shaped. The bowl slides in and out of any water tool so very smoothly amd easily, also the bubbler receives the bowl very nicely. No catching, grating, chinking etc, and you dont need to concerntrate to be careful at all.

The same for the injector, which is so easy to place into the bowl and remove. More so than with the XL.
Well done Sebastien!

No joy so far ordering the Herbalizer aromapads. All vendors I checked so far only ship to US and Canada. Havent checked everywhere yet, another project on hold until I have more energy.

I have a benefits assessment to do currently at the same time as my homeopathic treatment, the 2 together is most inconvenient! Could do without the extra stress and anxiety while all my energy is consumed coping with the treatment.
And Im not in a mental state to do the asssessment properly.

In less than 3 weeks all will be over. I cant wait to use my Ti again! Once I get this form posted, and my treatement is completed, I will be so relieved!

Last edited:
Alexis,
Reactions: Hogni

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Any recommandations for useful accessoires for the Herb Ti aside the EQ basketscreens?

Today I'll order some 4mm leather ribbons to wrap the handle with it (and the handle of the Supreme ;-))

What are your experiences with vaping pure hash/concentrates with the Herb Ti? Best temp? Accessoires?

Hogni,
Reactions: Alexis
Top Bottom