Herborizer corner

Carlos8400

Any recommandations for useful accessoires for the Herb Ti aside the EQ basketscreens?

Today I'll order some 4mm leather ribbons to wrap the handle with it (and the handle of the Supreme ;-))

What are your experiences with vaping pure hash/concentrates with the Herb Ti? Best temp? Accessoires?

Not really that exciting, but the Brebbia pipe nail has been a very good accessory to me.
I prefer it to the Ti tool you receive with the Ti.
The digging tip is great as it isn't too pointy and the tampering side is very useful if you like to pack big bowls.
It's also the perfect length for the bowl.
It has a real "old world tool" feel to it.

y74vaHQ.jpg

Last edited:

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
FUCK!

gKUL6nH.jpg

Still works just fine! I went to the Herborizer site to order a replacement glass. Out of stock! Emailed Sebastien. No reply but when I checked back this morning limited stock available! Ordered that and a second bowl as well.

@Alexis it's been scorchio the last week or so! It's been a great summer so far.

Carlos8400

FUCK!

gKUL6nH.jpg

Still works just fine! I went to the Herborizer site to order a replacement glass. Out of stock! Emailed Sebastien. No reply but when I checked back this morning limited stock available! Ordered that and a second bowl as well.

@Alexis it's been scorchio the last week or so! It's been a great summer so far.

Just out of curiosity, was that a fall? Or was that a thermal shock or glass sticking?

Carlos8400,

Alexis

A fall - while in its stand it fell off the coffee table. The stand was fine but you can see what happened to the injector....
OUCH! Oh well Alan. Certainly not the end of the world, in fact no great deal, another big advantage of the Ti over the XL, and many other top vapes as well.

Easy fix, and cheap!
Yes mate, scorchio is the word! The autos are LOVING it! Last year summer didnt start until mid-July, which sucked- you do everything right, get them out early in peak condition, then the weather lets you down until they reach week 7.

Even so, we managed over 60 g average, they would have been monstrous last year if summer had started like this.

So far, so good this time. Except I just removed another baby catterpillar, the cheeky buggars! Got to stay on top of that. My future vaporizer enjoyment depends solely on the next 7 weeks. Just need good weather, not too much damp, keep insects at bay, and of course, prying eyes away, and I will be jumping for joy!:)

A lot of anxiety still. You could end up with a gold mine (actually a lot more precious to me than gold), or lose everything at the last minute.

Alexis

Gahhh the vas for this is killing me... can't decide if I want to jump on the beta for the symphony or this.... decisions decisions
Come and join us bro- Look into my eyes!:lol:
Maybe wait see what Lazylathe's initial impressions are? Did you see @SoDelicious ' impressions on the Herbo Ti and Flowerpot next to each other?
I know he swayed back and forth a bit, and even announced in the Flowerpot thread that for him the FP was the winner, but has since reflected and altered that stance.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/herborizer-corner.83/page-59#post-1130630

Not sure if that link will work, but its page 59 second post down.
Havent used the FP myself to comment, but both vapes appear to be top class, with a few differences.

The Symphony looks very appealing too. These are becoming hard times for the VAS suffererr, with a growing epidemic I feel, which is likely to get worse!:D

Start seeking medical treatment now!

Zow237

Come and join us bro- Look into my eyes!:lol:
Maybe wait see what Lazylathe's initial impressions are? Did you see @SoDelicious ' impressions on the Herbo Ti and Flowerpot next to each other?
I know he swayed back and forth a bit, and even announced in the Flowerpot thread that for him the FP was the winner, but has since reflected and altered that stance.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/herborizer-corner.83/page-59#post-1130630

Not sure if that link will work, but its page 59 second post down.
Havent used the FP myself to comment, but both vapes appear to be top class, with a few differences.

The Symphony looks very appealing too. These are becoming hard times for the VAS suffererr, with a growing epidemic I feel, which is likely to get worse!:D

Start seeking medical treatment now!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to. the fact that it its smoother wins me over. but it not being in America kinda kills me if something goes wrong

Last edited:
Zow237,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

I'm pretty sure I'm going to. the fact that it its smoother wins me over. but it not being in America kinda kills me if something goes wrong
Yeah the smoothness appears to be a strong selling point. It is also a very simple device to use, maybe more than the FP.
And very little is likely to go wrong to be honest. There have been a couple of cases of the glass injector housing being broken, but it is cheap to replace, probably under the customs threshold too. But you could probably just grab an extra one or two spares when you order?

Sebastien the inventor is a really nice guy, he cares about his customers and wants to offer the best products and services.
He is expected to offer a silicone handle for the heater any time now, which will come with the unit. You may want to inquire when that will be ready?

And a lot of us got ours from Lacentralevapeur, who offer a 10% fc disount and the best price going already, although I doubt they will have the silicone heater cover until they restock after it is released.

@Carlos8400 has another solution using high temp O rings. You may have your own solution too.

For the injector stand, I use a cheap bubbler from dhgate which I dont ever use. It is perfect for it, quite sturdy, a nice height too compared to a low down glass stand. Sebastien is also expected to release a glass stand for the injector soon. I dont see I will need it for at home, but would be handy when travelling with the Ti to friend's houses where I dont need to carry a bong/bubbler- less conspicuous than carrying a bong just for the stand.

Last edited:

Zow237

Yeah the smoothness appears to be a strong selling point. It is also a very simple device to use, maybe more than the FP.
And very little is likely to go wrong to be honest. There have been a couple of cases of the glass injector housing being broken, but it is cheap to replace, probably under the customs threshold too. But you could probably just grab an extra one or two spares when you order?

Sebastien the inventor is a really nice guy, he cares about his customers and wants to offer the best products and services.
He is expected to offer a silicone handle for the heater any time now, which will come with the unit. You may want to inquire when that will be ready?

And a lot of us got ours from Lacentralevapeur, who offer a 10% fc disount and the best price going already, although I doubt they will have the silicone heater cover until they restock after it is released.

@Carlos8400 has another solution using high temp O rings. You may have your own solution too.

For the injector stand, I use a cheap bubbler from dhgate which I dont ever use. It is perfect for it, quite sturdy, a nice height too compared to a low down glass stand. Sebastien is also expected to release a glass stand for the injector soon. I dont see I will need it for at home, but would be handy when travelling with the Ti to friend's houses where I dont need to carry a bong/bubbler- less conspicuous than carrying a bong just for the stand.

I'm going to grab mine from so delicious ;)

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Verdampftnochmal has a stand in stock.
They've also a self produced customized leather sleeve for the handle. Brown, tight fitting. Pretty nice ready solution for 20 €. No pic online but they probably send you a pic of it on request.

Yesterday I've ordered a few metre of 4mm round leather ribbon to make a handle wrap in a paracord style (and some m for the handle of the Supreme and my chinese cleaver too ;))

MrMonss

Any recommandations for useful accessoires for the Herb Ti aside the EQ basketscreens?

Today I'll order some 4mm leather ribbons to wrap the handle with it (and the handle of the Supreme ;-))

What are your experiences with vaping pure hash/concentrates with the Herb Ti? Best temp? Accessoires?

A glass claisen with carb is the only usefull accessoire imo, a must need if you don't allready have one

Hogni

Do you let rest the heater on the bowl during your breaks and don't carb by uplifting the heater? Otherwise I can't recognize the sense of the claisen.

Hogni,
Reactions: MrMonss

Alexis

Do you let rest the heater on the bowl during your breaks and don't carb by uplifting the heater? Otherwise I can't recognize the sense of the claisen.
Personally I was just lifting the heater off the bowl. It depends on how you are going to hit it I guess. It is easy enough. The "keck clip"(?) Sebastien offers- this is actually an accessory I think will be useful, if you are using it this way, without the claissen adapter. So you dont need to be careful not to lift the bowl up at same time.

I can see the claissen baing useful, for continuos hits on a roll, without needing to touch the heater, but frequent load stirring is necesary anyway, so it is not so necessary as you will be frequently lifting the heater to check load and stir.

It will be far more useful with the XL I think, where load stirring is less frequent, and the injector is more awkward to grip and lift to clear.

It will be a personal thing. Maybe I will grab the adaptor eventually, but I think I maynwant the clip as well. Maybe MrMonss will add some personal viewpoint from experience. Lifting the carb adaptor is surely easier with eyes closed. I would say go for it, if it wasnt necessary to lift the heater regularly anyway.

Now I think of it, it propably makes for a more enjoyable experience, just to clear each hit, then you can lift heater after to stir as well.

Last edited:

Carlos8400

I actually carb by lifting the bowl, not the heater. If you lift the heater only there is enough heat left in the bowl/herbs for vapor production to carry on for a few seconds and you don't really clear the bong fully. I also get more airflow to clear by pulling everything up...
I originally used a claisen like MrMons, but honestly there is no need for it. I prefer to keep things simple.

I don't usually take breaks in the middle of a bowl, but if you do you shouldn't leave the heater on top of a packed bowl for too long as it will cook your herbs for nothing. This is when a stand is useful, if you clear bowls in one session there really isn't a need for one.

Lastly, i think the warm handle was really only a problem with the first production run.
From seeing pictures and talking to Seb, it looks like he modified the heat sink on the handle and they should be running much cooler now. You can actually see the difference quite clearly in pictures.

Last edited:

Alexis

I agree with you here Carlos I also do this (lift the bowl, as Bleak does in his video), exept it is a little top heavy that is all. Good point about vapor production continuing, I also noticed this. Several ways to do this!

And yes, Im not in a hurry to get heat insulation for the handle. Very rarely is it too hot, never has burned me, but it varies.

Alexis,
Reactions: dimmusp

Hogni

Thank you, guys!

VDNM got their delivery from the 2nd batch where the handle also is getting too hot. But all new devices should be better heat insulated. I'll see.

Hogni,
Reactions: Alexis

Carlos8400

I agree with you here Carlos I also do this (lift the bowl, as Bleak does in his video), exept it is a little top heavy that is all. Good point about vapor production continuing, I also noticed this. Several ways to do this!

And yes, Im not in a hurry to get heat insulation for the handle. Very rarely is it too hot, never has burned me, but it varies.

You actually have the new version of the handle Alexis, it's pretty obvious in pictures.
Seb has offered to replace my original handles, and i just got a DHL notice, so i might have the updated version on the way.

Alexis

You actually have the new version of the handle Alexis, it's pretty obvious in pictures.
Seb has offered to replace my original handles, and i just got a DHL notice, so i might have the updated version on the way.
Thanks Carlos for confirming this modification for us since a while ago when you first made the observation. That explains it perfectly, and again, well done Sebastien, he remains committed to making improvements. You have to admire that.

I actually quite like the feel of the metal as well. I wonder if the modification has altered the function or performance of the heater in any way. Im sure it will work just as well, but maybe some subtle difference in property somewhere.

Last edited:
Alexis,
Reactions: Hogni

Carlos8400

Thanks Carlos for confirming this modification for us since a while ago when you first made the observation. That explains it perfectly, amd again, well done Sebastien, he remaims committed to making improvements. You have to admire that.

I actually quite like the feel of the metal as well. I wonder of the modification has altered the function or performance of the heater in any way. Im sure it will work just as well, but maybe some subtle difference in property somewhere.

Have a look at the pictures, it's very obvious.
The old one is the one Alan Partridge and I have, you can see it above or on my pic page 59.
The new one is the one you and SoDelicious have. Pictures page 59 also.

The cooling fins on the original one were very shallow, and the inner tube much thicker.
The updated version has much deeper cooling fins and thinner inner tube.
It doesn't look like much, but it must work!

Like you, i was curious about it changing performances, which is why i told Sebastian i was happy to keep my original ones. I like the way they work, and the heat doesn't bother me.

Last edited:

SoDelicious

Salted Caramel Ice Cream
I never knew that the handles we're upgraded!
No wonder why my handle was only getting warm but not too hot to handle like a few other members had mentioned.

The handle still gets warm but not so much that it is unable to be held. No matter how long I leave the TI on, it only gets warm but never too hot to hold

I honestly don't think a handle cover is needed but itll make the Ti sexier than it already is :lol:

maybe a handle cover like the sublimator? Those work flawlessly and I usually leave my sub on for 5+ hours when I was using it

Hogni

I'll wrap mine with leather for sure. It's altready the haptic. I don't like to hold something out of metall with sweaty hands in summer. Prefer a better grip. But it will look more sexier with the leather wrap too, IMO.

Last edited:

MrMonss

Yep that's it.
Mainly for the carb but also to limit the risk of accident (fall/burn). Very convenient at night.
To deal with a little glass piece is always riskless than with the entire injector with the bowl (When you're with friends it also removes some of the monitoring and stress).
I saw on this thread someone with exactly the same as me, it can also serve as reclaim catcher the way he was using it.
The advantage is also that it raises the bowl a little, allowing you to see the vapor under the bowl AND the herbs in the bowl (depending on the type of pipe you are using, and the cleaning lol).

Last edited:
Top Bottom