1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Herborizer corner

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by marcuss, Jun 29, 2008.

1. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

I think the herborizer might be DC voltage if I remember correctly ...

Alexis, ataxian and MAbud like this.
  2. Alexis

Alexis Well-Known Member

You welcome man, however also consider that we can't just take for granted it will be that straightforward to purchase the heater part without the controller because it certainly isn't listed I don't believe on the website and only comes as a system or a pack currently.

So you would have to contact the inventor and ask him about this and what he is willing to offer. Good luck getting thus configured.

MrMonss likes this.
  3. rflq

rflq New Member

hi @Alexis , I actually do have a question now (I actually managed to break the bowl and had to order a new one... clumsy me, yay).
    What temperature do you think works best and how much product do you use? I'm still trying to figure it out, to be honest. 350 degrees seems too low. It hardly changes color

Alexis likes this.
  4. Alexis

Alexis Well-Known Member

Hey man. Be careful with those bowls. I have never broken a Herbo bowl, but compared to many it would seem, I have a very good track record with glass.

I just go straight for the leader of the pack lol, and bust the whole vaporizer up bad lol! It just landed in France for repair.

On the temps, well you have probably used your digital unit more than I used my own by this stage and I can't really give you any specific advice accept just increase the temperature and see what happens you've got nothing to lose if it's a bit too hot and harsh and browns the load to quickly go down again and vice-versa.

The world is your oyster as they say. Try 380 maybe? I did notice with this device that there is a very large range of temperature to get acceptable, smooth and pleasant vapor. Vapecritic did favour higher temps, but his unit arrived set in farenheight so Im not sure of the exact correlation to Celsius. Did you try higher temps yet?

Also experiment with draw speed because you may find at a slower draw gives you a better extraction and darker ABV but it could also be vice-versa, like a quicker, stronger inhalation may actually get the extraction and vapor production going better. So play around with draw speed.

However, let's be clear about one thing- ABV doesn't need to be dark brown for sufficient extraction to have taken place particularly with convection devices.

I admit I do push most of my loads to a fairly darkened level just to satisfy me that I'm not being wasteful but I I'm sure that I was tipping out my Ti loads still fairly light in colour but feeling as though I had gotten loads of vapor and effect from the amount of material and not feeling cheated at all.

350 was hot enough for me. I found it to be extremely efficient at this temperature it would take quite a few draws to fully extract but I would seem to get so much vapor from the bud with taste staying good and vapour level high throughout the load.

Sorry man I'm not sure what else to advise I don't have a working unit and don't actually have that much experience with the Ti anyway.

I dont expect it will take long for Sebastien to hook me back up running again, then I hope to make some clearer observations so that I can fulfill my contractural obligations here to represent Herborizer hehe. :rockon::lol:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019 at 5:30 PM
    triskelion and Zak McKracken like this.
  5. rflq

rflq New Member

Gotcha! I actually LOVE the taste of it. I was just confused because some people described it as a 1 hitter, which I don't think it is (and it shouldn't be!). So i'll just hit that good stuff more often!

I guess the only annoyance I have is that there's no manual for which temperature the on the display = temperature in bowl? That would be really nice to know. The manufacturer should really work on getting more information on the site, ESPECIALLY about the DigiTi, which doesn't even have pictures for the system only.. no manuals either online.

triskelion, Zak McKracken and Alexis like this.
  6. JohnnyMauser

JohnnyMauser Active Member

No offense but that is personal preference. As i stopped smoking for vaping i was a 1 hit smoker, so it really helped to get to 1-hit vaping. And the herborizer provides it all, you can preheat the bowl and 1 hit everything that goes in (if you can manage that), or you just go for convection only, without preheated bowl, for better taste and longer sessions.

You have good taste if you go preheated, and just stop pulling after some clouds appear in your glass, so you get the good taste, after that it will be "roasty". If you go for 1 hit, you have a mix of fresh and roasty taste.

I dont have the herboTi Digi but it will be the same as with the analog herbo ti.

7. Alexis

Alexis Well-Known Member

Hello mate, nice to see you back here and great that you are still enjoying your Herbo.

Yes indeed, treat analogue and Digital units as the same. However, as we have already positied and theorized, it may be the case that the digital unit will require less bowl preheating due to the more reactive and powerful heater which could possibly maintain a more stable temp during the first hit.

Differences would be very small however in terms of actual perception but may occur.

But also yes, you can certainly get a faster, one hit extraction by tweaking variables. Many now happily retired Ti owners in this thread lol, began using their Herbo's this one hit extraction way from day 1, and never looked back.

8. JohnnyMauser

JohnnyMauser Active Member

Thanks alexis youre very kind everytime, thats really nice thank you.

Sorry if i missed something out, just got triggered by the 1 hitter that it shouldnt be. ;) Thats why i wanted that sublimator and was fully satisfied with the decision for buying the herborizer instead, because of the 1 hit vaping skills it has.

Alexis and Zak McKracken like this.
  9. Alexis

Alexis Well-Known Member

Guys, good news at last, fresh from Seb just today, damn he's QUIIIICK! He only received my damaged DigiTi yesterday, how about this for service?

:):)"I hope you are fine. We received your package yesterday. I did tests yesterday afternoon, The problem was not very serious, it is the thermocouple of the titanium diffuser which was damaged.
    I change the heating element + thermocouple, your injector works perfectly. this incident is my fault, because I forgot to limit the operating temperature (alarm) to 500°C on the digital controller.
    Now I have programmed your digital controller so that the alarm goes off when the temperature reaches 500°C (maximum temperature of use). I enclose the user manual, for programming, but
    I checked everything. Unfortunately, technically I can not make the thread to your measurements, I made changes, the wires are now teflon with a kevlar sheath, they are connected directly to the heating element (without connection) to avoid disconnections.

All the wires are 1m long. It's a little longer than your original wire. Your repaired injector + programmed controller are shipped today! Of course the repair is free.":):)

Top customer service again with a smile. Gotta love Sebastien, once you are in the door, he takes care of you for life. :rockon:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors