Herborizer corner

Alexis

PPN and Alexis, thanks a lot for your inputs, it's really appreciated. It really gives me a better idea of what to expect.

I really like the option of the analog ti+keeping the xl. It's probably going to be the way I'm going to go.

In any case I'll let you guys know which one I end up getting. Until then here's my favorite setup:

ps: not sure the image will show up, I'm behind a firewall at work...
YuGAmn5ATU8U2Bm8Uq9tb0UQnB4g9UblBQGtQn43teE.jpg
Yes Ithink that makes the best sense for you, and I'm sure is what I would do if I was in your situation and feel really pleased that I would be getting my money's worth and overall have an excellent array of options with both models without having to even break the bank to pick up the analogue Ti.

But I would definitely email Sebastien if I was you and briefly explain to him your plight and wishes and ask him if he could hook you up a little package for the analogue Ti without the controller.

And tell him first how much you love the XL. ;)

Btw I love your bubbler. I would like one of those but I know how pricey they are. Good luck bro making your final decision, Im sure you will be very happy with the outcome. Glad I could help. :tup:

Last edited:

vitriol

Yes Ithink that makes the best sense for you, and I'm sure is what I would do if I was in your situation and feel really pleased that I would be getting my money's worth and overall have excellent array of options with both models without having to even break the bank to pick up the analogue Ti.

But I would definitely email Sebastien if I was you and briefly explain to him your plight and wishes and asked him if he could pick you up a little package for the analogue Ti without the controller.

And tell him first how much you love the XL. ;)

Btw I love your bubbler. I would like one of those but I know how pricey they are. Good luck bro making your final decision, Im sure you will be very happy with the outcome. Glad I could help. :tup:

Thanks again bud, I will email him for sure before I order. I know it's not logical but I'm still a bit tempted by the digiTi. I'll take a few days to think about it before I decide.

The bubbler is awesome, I really like everything about it. I'm very picky about my stuff, but this one is pretty much perfect for me.

I just sold another Mobius I had, that was a bit too tall for my girlfriend, and that will help fund the purchase of the next herborizer.

I know they are a lot of money but to me they make a big difference in the experience, and they last pretty much forever if you take care of them. I've had this one for as long as the herborizer so pretty close to ten years I'd guess, and it looks exactly the same as the day I bought it.

Alexis

You are making me want to resurrect my old RooR Vapor clone of your XL!
Me too! ;):lol:
Honestly I am undecided about whether to keep it after all. I decided I couldnt justify keeping both, and the Ti would be my preference but I am struggling to make use of it with immunity being poor currently.

The XL I could always use. I think the thing I really prefer with the Ti, and which makes me less keen on the XL, is the actual handling of the heater, and bowls too to an extent.

But that tiny awkward little handle to the heater I never have liked about the XL.
The Ti is a dream of a desktop heater to manouvre. So easy. But Im thinking the XL would be good for me to keep and bring back into rotation it has only been out of use because my mum made such an effort helping me to clean everything up for sale.

I probably would have already sold it a long time ago if not for the blowback crumbs I managed to get into the heater after Sebastien renovated it brand new for me.

We will see though. One day at a time for now. Hold in there bro for me getting back to you. I shall, has been a week from hell but on the up again.

@vitriol I hear you bro, decisions to make. The excitement of possibilities. Well let me add this- The Ti can actually be used like the XL, session style. It just isn't as well suited that is all.

The bowl has a smaller capacity crucially. If you overload it, which Im guessing is anything much over 0.33 (depending on herb), the top will get a bit cooked and flavour will suffer.

Whereas for me, 0.33 was my minimum load with the XL. 0.5 is better.
But on my recent trials with the DigiTi, I have favoured lower temperatures like 300 to 330 C maximum for my very sensitive respiratory system. With full loads. And I was pleasantly surprised to see how I could use it as a session vape, with many consecutive draws of equally smooth and consistent and dense vapor, without really needing to stir or fiddle for quite a while.

It is when you up temps to 350 areas (or 6 + on analogue), that you get that more rapid, powerful extraction, and when it becomes more essential to stir the load after each hit practically, ideally, to get an even, consistent extraction.

But I was actually really surprised to see how long the load was producing really smooth and tasty but dense enough vapour output on Lower temperatures.

I wonder if maybe, tge DigiTi lends itself better towards Lower temperature vaping due to maybe having more consistent and stable temperature control? Certainly more precise at least and less guesswork and memory with the analogue dial.

So I think you could probably actually use the Ti in this more relaxed, session style. But it will be more like- in stints. If you get my meaning. However you go about it the load will needs tending to more frequently and sooner but this is not necessarily a bad thing and can be fun being a little more proactive throughout the session.

So it may be an option still to sell your XL and take a chance you wont miss it, and accept any compromises. Just in case this is still on your mind I thought this angle might help with that.

Or just get the analogue. Its just as fantastic, really. Totally different vape to the XL, but still offers low temp sessioning how I describe, just maybe less accurate and more variable through the session.

OR- maybe there is a way to keep the XL, AND get the DigiTi?
Can you sell your girlfriend??:rofl:

And real sorry man, I didn't officially welcome you here. Your presence and enthusiasm is very refreshing Im glad you joined.
And I can see you know the drill well in the weed and vaping world. I appreciate your thoughts regarding logic and experience with glass pieces, I can relate to that 100%. I do want a nice bubbler like that.

Okay I think that is all. I just popped out before this post to get some fresh green chillies for dinner. Only had 2 Vapcap loads via Woodscents before heading to the shop. I was pretty high already, but the plan was to hit the ready loaded Elev8r upon return

This post has allowed me to "level off" enough lol. Excited to take some monstee hits now. I was already too cained from last 24 hours vaping and edibles but Im in good mood and spirit suddenly. :)

Last edited:

vitriol

@vitriol

Sweet setup and I see you are a fellow Canadian!
Still have to try the legal herb, just cannot get around the insane prices and hit and miss quality for now.

You are making me want to resurrect my old RooR Vapor clone of your XL!

Thanks, and I hear you about the prices of legal herb. It is a bit cheaper in Québec though, and in my experience if you stick to San Rafael '71 you can't go wrong. I like that you know exactly what you get.

I still mail order everytime I want something specific not available @ the SQDC.

lazylathe

Almost there...
but I am struggling to make use of it with immunity being poor currently.
Hold in there bro for me getting back to you. I shall, has been a week from hell but on the up again

I may get the XL out this week and have a few bowls!
My enail controller stopped working for my SV4 and I am devastated...Sent it in for repair yesterday, so about a month to go...Oh well the backups will do!

I still think about the Ti Herbo I owned for a while before stupidly selling it...LOL!
It was after I sold that vape, I realized I wanted to use it a few weeks later but it was gone, that I have an extremely hard time selling off my vapes...

Take care of yourself my friend! I will always be here, so no rush on anything!
I thought we discussed this already....LMAO!!
:tup::rockon::luv::leaf:

Last edited by a moderator:

vitriol

Me too! ;):lol:
Honestly I am undecided about whether to keep it after all. I decided I couldnt justify keeping both, and the Ti would be my preference but I am struggling to make use of it with immunity being poor currently.

The XL I could always use. I think the thing I really prefer with the Ti, and which makes me less keen on the XL, is the actual handling of the heater, and bowls too to an extent.

But that tiny awkward little handle to the heater I never have liked about the XL.
The Ti is a dream of a desktop heater to manouvre. So easy. But Im thinking the XL would be good for me to keep and bring back into rotation it has only been out of use because my mum made such an effort helping me to clean everything up for sale.

I probably would have already sold it a long time ago if not for the blowback crumbs I managed to get into the heater after Sebastien renovated it brand new for me.

We will see though. One day at a time for now. Hold in there bro for me getting back to you. I shall, has been a week from hell but on the up again.

@vitriol I hear you bro, decisions to make. The excitement of possibilities. Well let me add this- The Ti can actually be used like the XL, session style. It just isn't as well suited that is all.

The bowl has a smaller capacity crucially. If you overload it, which Im guessing is anything much over 0.33 (depending on herb), the top will get a bit cooked and flavour will suffer.

Whereas for me, 0.33 was my minimum load. 0.5 is better.
But on my recent trials with the DigiTi, I have favoured lower temperatures like 300 to 330 C maximum for my very sensitive respiratory system. With full loads. And I was pleasantly surprised to see how I could use it as a session vape, with many consecutive draws of equally smooth and consistent and dense vapor, without really needing to stir or fiddle for quite a while.

It is when you up temps to 350 areas (or 6 + on analogue), that you get that more rapid, powerful extraction, and when it becomes more essential to stir the load after each hit practically, ideally, to get an even, consistent extraction.

But I was actually really surprised to see how long the load was producing really smooth and tasty but dense enough vapour output on Lower temperatures.

I wonder if maybe, tge DigiTi lends itself better towards Lower temperature vaping due to maybe having more consistent and stable temperature control? Certainly more precise at least and less guesswork and memory with the analogue dial.

So I think you could probably actually use the Ti in this more relaxed, session style. But it will be more like- in stints. If you get my meaning. However you go about it the load will needs tending to more frequently and sooner but this is not necessarily a bad thing and can be fun being a little more proactive throughout the session.

So it may be an option still to sell your XL and take a chance you wont miss it, and accept any compromises. Just in case this is still on your mind I thought this angle might help with that.

Or just get the analogue. Its just as fantastic, really. Totally different vape to the XL, but still offers low temp sessioning how I describe, just maybe less accurate and more variable through the session.

OR- maybe there is a way to keep the XL, AND get the DigiTi?
Can you sell your girlfriend??:rofl:

And real sorry man, I didn't officially welcome you here. Your presence and enthusiasm is very refreshing Im glad you joined.
And I can see you know the drill well in the weed and vaping world. I appreciate your thoughts regarding logic and experience with glass pieces, I can relate to that 100%. I do want a nice bubbler like that.

Okay I think that is all. I just popped out before this post to get some fresh green chillies for dinner. Only had 2 Vapcap loads via Woodscents before heading to the shop. I was pretty high already, but the plan was to hit the ready loaded Elev8r upon return

This post has allowed me to "level off" enough lol. Excited to take some monstee hits now. I was already too cained from last 24 hours vaping and edibles but Im in good mood and spirit suddenly. :)

This really gives me food for thought. I got a friend with the analog ti, I might wait until I can see him and do a few sessions on his herborizer before I decide.

Selling the girlfriend is not an option for now. :rofl:I'll have to take a decision... It's going to be either the digiti or the analog+xl.... we'll see!

Thanks for the welcome! I've been lurking for years, and didn't have much to contribute, but there's a lot a good people here and good information too. :rockon:

@vitriol I just saw a typo in my post above. You probably grasped what I meant anyway I did just edit it but just in case when I said 0.33 was about my minimum load I was referring to the XL herborizer.

Just in case that created any confusion.
No worries, got it! That's pretty much the loads I do too!

Last edited by a moderator:

vitriol

I sent a message to herborizer asking which is best for hash: the concentrate bowl or the enail on the ti. They said the enail was best but that it was important to use good quality products.

PPN was saying the enail function wasn't the best. So what's the best way to vape hash with the herborizer? Just put some on top of some weed on the screen? If so how do you keep your bowl from becoming dirty from melted hash? I like to keep my stuff clean. Any other way to vape hash without using weed?

Thanks guys

MrMonss

I vape my hash with the microdose bowl, sandwich mode between two very little layer of weed.
With the glass filter it's easy to clean, but i really don't know if it's the best setup.
I've tried to use the enail once but it was not a succes and i've never tried again.
I don't have the concentrate bowl.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I sent a message to herborizer asking which is best for hash: the concentrate bowl or the enail on the ti. They said the enail was best but that it was important to use good quality products.

PPN was saying the enail function wasn't the best. So what's the best way to vape hash with the herborizer? Just put some on top of some weed on the screen? If so how do you keep your bowl from becoming dirty from melted hash? I like to keep my stuff clean. Any other way to vape hash without using weed?

Thanks guys

Set more screens on top of the screen.
Try to make a thin cotton layer bed.
Then make a really thin rounded hash coin.
Set it on top of the cotton bed.
Voila!!!
I’ve vaped several kind of oils and hashishs that way.
Even cheapo euro trash hashish.

vitriol

Set more screens on top of the screen.
Try to make a thin cotton layer bed.
Then make a really thin rounded hash coin.
Set it on top of the cotton bed.
Voila!!!

I vape my hash with the microdose bowl, sandwich mode between two very little layer of weed.

Good suggestions! I'll try both, and also the cotton bed in the microdose bowl and see how it goes. Thanks!

Seepa

Hey guys!

Have not been around much lately, but wanted to share a couple of pictures of an idea that developed in to action almost immediately.

So, I have this cheap Ikea table in between my couch and TV. This is usually the spot where I use the herborizer. I'm not a fan of wires all messy and about, so I thought I'd do something about it. Being the table cost around 50e I figured that even if I mess it up, I could get a nicer table and it would not sting too bad.

Link to the pictures:
https://imgur.com/a/CrBAonr

A brief explanation of what I did was:

1. Drilled a couple of holes in the base of the table. The power supply is housed under the table, attached to the bottom plate of the table with just crazy glue. The wire to the power supply fits nicely through the hole, but I still need to figure something out to make it look nicer. You don't see it from the couch, but you know... it's there and it looks unfinished.

2. Drilled a couple of screws to the bottom plate of the table. The excess wire is held on by these screws and some zip ties. Most importantly they do not protrude from under the edges of the table at all. This is so my robot vacuum does not get stuck under the table.

3. Ran the cable up the leg of the table to the temperature adjustment dial. The dial is held on the side of the table with two sided tape. Hangs on quite nicely and feels sturdy to use.

4. Drilled a 10mm hole in the top plate of the table. The wire _just_ fits through a 10mm hole and that's lucky, because it was the biggest diameter wood drill bit I have. The cowling for the wire is a unused mouth piece from one of my e-cig tanks. Had to carve a little bit more out of the table to fit the cowling in.

End result is pretty nice, even if I do say so myself. The only downside is that I leave the herbo on too often already, but now it's gonna be even worse, since the activation light is not visible from the seating location. Also, forgive the messy pictures. I just finished the project and still have a little cleanup to do :)

latulipe999

Hey guys!

Have not been around much lately, but wanted to share a couple of pictures of an idea that developed in to action almost immediately.

So, I have this cheap Ikea table in between my couch and TV. This is usually the spot where I use the herborizer. I'm not a fan of wires all messy and about, so I thought I'd do something about it. Being the table cost around 50e I figured that even if I mess it up, I could get a nicer table and it would not sting too bad.

Link to the pictures:
https://imgur.com/a/CrBAonr

A brief explanation of what I did was:

1. Drilled a couple of holes in the base of the table. The power supply is housed under the table, attached to the bottom plate of the table with just crazy glue. The wire to the power supply fits nicely through the hole, but I still need to figure something out to make it look nicer. You don't see it from the couch, but you know... it's there and it looks unfinished.

2. Drilled a couple of screws to the bottom plate of the table. The excess wire is held on by these screws and some zip ties. Most importantly they do not protrude from under the edges of the table at all. This is so my robot vacuum does not get stuck under the table.

3. Ran the cable up the leg of the table to the temperature adjustment dial. The dial is held on the side of the table with two sided tape. Hangs on quite nicely and feels sturdy to use.

4. Drilled a 10mm hole in the top plate of the table. The wire _just_ fits through a 10mm hole and that's lucky, because it was the biggest diameter wood drill bit I have. The cowling for the wire is a unused mouth piece from one of my e-cig tanks. Had to carve a little bit more out of the table to fit the cowling in.

End result is pretty nice, even if I do say so myself. The only downside is that I leave the herbo on too often already, but now it's gonna be even worse, since the activation light is not visible from the seating location. Also, forgive the messy pictures. I just finished the project and still have a little cleanup to do :)

You are a genius @Seepa ! Lot of people break glass or vaporizers because of the mess with wire.

This vapor spot look awesome.

Dont care about forgetting the Herborizer ON, there is no problems if the injector is on the stand it will be OK.

Herborizer RULEZZZZ Keep Vaping !

ViCKi LEEKX

Fuck Vaporizer Combustion
Haven't updated my sig yet, but I’ve had the Herborizer DigiTi for a little over two months now. I was attracted to it because I was looking for a PID-controlled desktop vape that would be more “nightstand vape” size and safe in a room with dogs.

We have a Flowerpot Showerhead and a Glass Symphony elsewhere in the house so that’s my closest basis for comparison.

IMO the pros are:
  • Small size - the DigiTi mounted on its stand has a smaller footprint than the accompanying PID controller. You could stack the stand on top of the PID controller if you want.
  • Good performance - similar to my Flowerpot Showerhead though slightly higher maintenance in bowl-cleanliness terms
IMO the cons are:
  • Despite entering separate billing and delivery addresses, this package got shipped to my billing address. IMO this was probably the fault of the international courier to the US. However, such an error can be a big deal legally in the US so I guess do your best to exercise caution and confirm shipping details by emailing the manufacturer before placing your order.
  • This vape uses a direct-wired proprietary 4-pin connector to an equally proprietary PID controller and the cable between the two is annoyingly short. I’d much prefer to use an Auber RDK-300 so that I could set an auto-shutoff timer and control temperature with a knob instead of front-facing membrane buttons.
  • The Herborizer is a good vape, but the Glass Symphony puts the “ass” in massive, to borrow a quote from famous American historical documentary “Bring It On”. :love:

Last edited:

daoist

hi, i have been on this forum for a while to check out the threads about vaporizers. i never posted anything though. so today i signed up to the forum because i have some herborizer questions.

I own an Arizer extreme Q. nice machine and gets you blasted all evening. but still it is kinda harsh. therefore i was looking for a bong to attach the extreme q to make it softer.

long story short.

i looked for a bong and ended up with buying an Herborizer XL ice-cube version with the heater and temperature regulator.

reason i bought this one was i just like to load up a bowl and chill for few hours, without reloading. just stir the weed once in a while, just as i would do with extreme Q.

Now i was a bit disappointed that my 349 euro vaporizer did not come with a manual but could find it online.

I only have used it once so far. But i would like to ask few more things from more experienced users.

- which power/temperature setting do you use on herborizer xl and what is the effect?
- how much water do you put in the XL tube bong
- how close can the weed in the bowl be from the bullet-shaped heating element at top of bowl. (does the weed burn if it is to close to the injector?).

It is my second vaporizer but it is actually my first bong. so i try to learn the best technique, but slow seems to give best quality vape but takes to long, faster inhale is quicker. I noticed by changing the shape of my mouth or lips i could get more vape out of it faster without breathing faster. Any tips on the inhaling/mouth techniques on the bong would be helpful. I am still in the learning curve.

So far i have been happy with herborizer though. Very smooth vape, taste lasts very long. With extreme Q taste is gone after few tokes. I think extreme Q makes me higher, but that is just because there is no water filter.

I would like to hear other peoples opinion. the whole herborizer forum thread is 100 pages long, so i could have missed some information.

daoist,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

hi, i have been on this forum for a while to check out the threads about vaporizers. i never posted anything though. so today i signed up to the forum because i have some herborizer questions.

I own an Arizer extreme Q. nice machine and gets you blasted all evening. but still it is kinda harsh. therefore i was looking for a bong to attach the extreme q to make it softer.

long story short.

i looked for a bong and ended up with buying an Herborizer XL ice-cube version with the heater and temperature regulator.

reason i bought this one was i just like to load up a bowl and chill for few hours, without reloading. just stir the weed once in a while, just as i would do with extreme Q.

Now i was a bit disappointed that my 349 euro vaporizer did not come with a manual but could find it online.

I only have used it once so far. But i would like to ask few more things from more experienced users.

- which power/temperature setting do you use on herborizer xl and what is the effect?
- how much water do you put in the XL tube bong
- how close can the weed in the bowl be from the bullet-shaped heating element at top of bowl. (does the weed burn if it is to close to the injector?).

It is my second vaporizer but it is actually my first bong. so i try to learn the best technique, but slow seems to give best quality vape but takes to long, faster inhale is quicker. I noticed by changing the shape of my mouth or lips i could get more vape out of it faster without breathing faster. Any tips on the inhaling/mouth techniques on the bong would be helpful. I am still in the learning curve.

So far i have been happy with herborizer though. Very smooth vape, taste lasts very long. With extreme Q taste is gone after few tokes. I think extreme Q makes me higher, but that is just because there is no water filter.

I would like to hear other peoples opinion. the whole herborizer forum thread is 100 pages long, so i could have missed some information.
Hey there, very warm welcome to FC firstly. :):cheers:

And as always thanks for signing up and sharing your experience which is appreciated and valued what everybody here.

Okay Im not up to much of a response right now, but I'll see if I can add something.
I personally always used my XL Herborizer on setting 7 on the dial.

I found out to be be a perfect compromise to maintain that really smooth tasty vapour which keeps its taste for a surprisingly long time with this model as you have noted compared to many others, which is surprising because it does deliver many large hits which you would expect to drain the flavour sooner. This specific aspect or feature is without a doubt one of the strong selling points of this model and makes it fairly unique in the vaporizer world IMHO.

I also so have enjoyed using lower temperatures 6 being the minimum or 6.5 but this can still be a little underwhelming and time taking to get to destination so I always tended to go straight to 7 which delivered a heavy effect and more quickly but still was very smooth tasting and present vapour with a prolonged gradual extraction.

In terms of inhalation technique I don't think it really matters there are different ways to go about it but whatever you draw gently and slowly or rapidly you can get get equally dense and efficient vapour production depending on how you go about it but practice will make perfect there.

I have never uses the EQ, but I do not think it will be more Potent than the XL Herbo, per se. The XL hits hard for such an old device. It kknd of came onto the scene as a rival to the legendary Verdamper.

In many ways it is a step down in terms of sheer hard hitting ability but at the same time it offers a very different experience with a higher quality of vapor and I'm much more functional and less debilitating high.

You can put the weed fairly close to the injector because the heating element is so gentle with this one and the heat is also sucked through the load in a very gentle and even manner.

But it is a huge bowl so you really don't need to push your luck you can easily put 0.6 in there and be comfortably below the injector and you don't really need to load more than that as time but I'm sure you can fit well over a gram in there depending on the herb and the Grind, we actually discuss this and compared measurements a few years back in this thread now.

It definitely works better with larger loads though in my experience like 1/3 gram minimum ideally, 0.5 being about optimum.

Honestly no real need for a manual with this one it's so simple and intuitive and easy to learn the ropes yourself with a little practice there's nothing that can go wrong and if you ever have a problem with the device the manufacturer is a really great guy who stands behind and his devices and will repair lifelong free of charge as long as you are seen to be legitimate.

Also so you can put just a little water to cover the perks in your bong all you can feel it a little higher for extra cooling it will change the drawer resistance and feel of the pull but you can experiment and see again you can't really go wrong one way or the other.

I'm sure I have forgotten a few useful things so please let me know if there's anything else I can help with or haven't addressed here.

Thanks again for joining us I hope you will feel at home here ear and I look forward to hearing more contributions from yourself.:tup:

Alexis,
Reactions: daoist

daoist

Ok thanks. that was really helpful. I am probably half aspergers or some shit like that with some other issues as well. so I always try to overthink these things.

I only have used the herborizer XL two times. But I tried a lot of settings during the sessions. Actually the (online) manual said to use 5 or 6. and fill water up to the holes.
it did not say which holes. And i have to compliment herborizer on the manual.
fill water up to 2nd horizontal tube and 5 or 6 is actually a good setting. 6.5 max is what i do.

I tried setting 7 and it tasted a bit burned and bad taste. on 6.5 power setting everything is still smooth. I think 6.5 would be good (195 degree celsius). 6.5 would be the medical advised max temperature (for ganja).

For some weird reason with max water level i get more potent vape as with only half water level filled.

At power setting 7 i think some toxins may come out. so i try to stay at 6.5.
my rules is if the vape tastes bad, it probably is bad.... and then i dial down lower. 6.5 powersetting gives me all the good terpenes, and not the bad stuff, that comes above 200 celsius.
And i vape to avoid the bad stuff, and get only the good stuff.

But i will try setting 7 again for experimental purposes. If it taste bad again i will refrain from that setting in the future.

Btw i managed to get 0.7 gram in the bowl with a fine grind and some light packing of the herbs.
I was high for 8 hours, body stone lasted even longer. But it was Amnesia haze. pretty strong stuff. i think with other strains it could be less overwhelming. I will load less next time.
probably 0.5 gram.

thanks for the reply and stay medicated.

Last edited:

daoist

what kind of grind coarseness do you use for herborizer.
I use space case medium grinder. i can do coarse grind with normal use of grinder or do it finer with upside down grinding.

I think i keep it coarse because sometimes i have small green pieces floating in the water.

daoist,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

Ok thanks. that was really helpful. I am probably half aspergers or some shit like that with some other issues as well. so I always try to overthink these things.

I only have used the herborizer XL two times. But I tried a lot of settings during the sessions. Actually the (online) manual said to use 5 or 6. and fill water up to the holes.
it did not say which holes. And i have to compliment herborizer on the manual.
fill water up to 2nd horizontal tube and 5 or 6 is actually a good setting. 6.5 max is what i do.

I tried setting 7 and it tasted a bit burned and bad taste. on 6.5 power setting everything is still smooth. I think 6.5 would be good (195 degree celsius). 6.5 would be the medical advised max temperature (for ganja).

For some weird reason with max water level i get more potent vape as with only half water level filled.

At power setting 7 i think some toxins may come out. so i try to stay at 6.5.
my rules is if the vape tastes bad, it probably is bad.... and then i dial down lower. 6.5 powersetting gives me all the good terpenes, and not the bad stuff, that comes above 200 celsius.
And i vape to avoid the bad stuff, and get only the good stuff.

But i will try setting 7 again for experimental purposes. If it taste bad again i will refrain from that setting in the future.

Btw i managed to get 0.7 gram in the bowl with a fine grind and some light packing of the herbs.
I was high for 8 hours, body stone lasted even longer. But it was Amnesia haze. pretty strong stuff. i think with other strains it could be less overwhelming. I will load less next time.
probably 0.5 gram.

thanks for the reply and stay medicated.
Haha, I hear you on the Asparagus :lol:, I am a HUGE overthinker myself.

I can tell you, I believe most XL owners actually use higher settings, like 8 or even 10 max.

However, being analog, there is certainly potential for variation between different injectors at the same temperature.

My own- 7 is the borderline for generating a harsher, less tasty, arguably slightly more toxic vapor.

Like, just a notch over 7 and I will notice a difference and not enjoy the vapor or the flavour as much.

You can also try in between, like 6.7. With this particular model going much lower than that makes it much harder work to extract the actives in terms of effort of inhalation and time taken unless you have a very big load.

If your herb is particularly dry then this will vape at a lower temperature so that could be what you were experiencing as well.

Have fun with your 3rd session and do report back.

Edit- sorry I only just saw your post above asking about preferred grind and I haven't actually used this model for over a year now but I'm sure I would favour as fine a grind as possible for easy generation of vapor and faster and more thorough extraction but the coarser the Grind you use the more gradual and prolonged the extraction will be but you will need to to break your material down further as you go through the load in order to extract fully from it.

Last edited:

Verax

Just wanted to chime in and say that I just placed an order for a DigTI. I can’t wait to get my hands on it! I never really had this Vape on my radar, but I think it fits My usage so perfectly most evenings, that I just had to have it in my arsenal.

SUcK@BONG*

Hi there,

my name is Dom and Im....old-ish. (40 is just around the corner) and I am one of the very few German patients, who is prescribed cannabis and gets it paid. I suffer from MS and have so since 2006.

Unfortunately, it is inredibly difficult to find a willing doctor and if you do, there is the insurance, which never want to pay, as 1g of medicinal cannabis is traded at 23,50 €.
This means, very few of those, who'd benefit the most by cannabis, can afford it, or they do not find a doctor in te first place.

I got a VOLCANO with my first prescription, for I had quit cigarettes only two weeks before. The VOLCANO was not enough for me and even though, I have not used cannabis in over 10 years at the time, I quickly vaped up to 8g per day with it and I was not happy about it. I thought about starting to smoke again, but, vthen so. mentioned the "Herbüorizer ti" and how I should try that out.
Said so, done that...I had planned onusing it 2 weeks, before returning it, but instead, I never used my VOLCANO again. ;)

BEST INVESTMENT OF MY LIFE! I always say, "Maybe, it didn't save my life directly, but it did save my continued existence as a non-smoker"!

I <3 Herby & Sebastien, for being a genius inventor. Also, he has helped me, when I had a glass emergency and in turn, I try to be a living, breathing advert, I have made reviews on my small YouTube channel and I even know of 3 to 4 people, who had gotten their own "TI", after watching my video reviews. ;)

Btw, thanks to my Herborizer Ti, I only need 1 to 3.5 g per day; given how it was up to twice as much, I'd say, it really does a great job.

EDIT: I have screwed upduring registration, could an admin, please, correct my nickname? It<'s supposed to be SUCK@BONG* - all bold. sry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom