Herbaltherm 2ZM, Ryan from RBT's unregulated Zion

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
20240106-154021.jpg

Pcloudy

Has this been brought up on reddit at all? Im on here and reddit all the time and just stumbled on this yesterday.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Has this been brought up on reddit at all? Im on here and reddit all the time and just stumbled on this yesterday.

You could search and see? Many of us are not active there like we used to, I remember back in the day I was trying to share the original Zion there a lot so we could get enough people then, ended up catching a lot of flack for it haha because it was severely delayed, this was during the time of repeated grasshopper delays, so a lot of people were skeptical for pre-order crowd funding stuff

Pcloudy

You could search and see? Many of us are not active there like we used to, I remember back in the day I was trying to share the original Zion there a lot so we could get enough people then, ended up catching a lot of flack for it haha because it was severely delayed, this was during the time of repeated grasshopper delays, so a lot of people were skeptical for pre-order crowd funding stuff
I did and just saw one mention. I went ahead an posted the video just because. May be a way to drum up some more support. Reddit is really hit or miss these days. Most everything is "what vape should I buy" with the chorus saying ball vape regardless of what the op was asking about. Its kind of become a joke over there.

Shit Snacks

I did and just saw one mention. I went ahead an posted the video just because. May be a way to drum up some more support. Reddit is really hit or miss these days. Most everything is "what vape should I buy" with the chorus saying ball vape regardless of what the op was asking about. Its kind of become a joke over there.

Yeah honestly in my mind that's always what it was like haha unfortunately though there was a lot more good largely because there was some good people active but so much has changed and most everyone has left, but do what you can, hope this goes all the way!

Pcloudy

Dont get me wrong, I hate what reddit has become but they still probably have the largest user base outside of facebook and I dont even want to get started on that cluster. Ill see if anyone bites on the reddit thread I made.

Shit Snacks

Dont get me wrong, I hate what reddit has become but they still probably have the largest user base outside of facebook and I dont even want to get started on that cluster. Ill see if anyone bites on the reddit thread I made.

Yeah it is a great sample of people in general, I've seen these videos on YouTube where they talk about Reddit stories, and then the comments on them, it's a very interesting microcosm, but yeah vapes is already super niche so I don't really know how you properly promote them anymore

VapChap09

Just bought in, this side of vapes is all new to me anyone lmk what to expecf? Conduction or convection? And may be a silly question but whats the differance between regulated and unregulated? Excited to be part of a new development

Radwin Bodnic

Just bought in, this side of vapes is all new to me anyone lmk what to expecf? Conduction or convection? And may be a silly question but whats the differance between regulated and unregulated? Excited to be part of a new development

Regulated : calories delivered by the heater are controlled (voltage regulation of the resistor). Sometimes the vaporizer uses a temperature sensor to control the power supply (e.g. PID) but it also can be analog (e.g. dimmer). It gives a repeatable experience at a chosen setting within a range of temperatures. Easy to get good results from the first use. In theory less likely to combust.

Unregulated : it's on the user to gauge the amount of heat delivered to the material. These are basically manual vaporizers and have a learning curve. Combustion is possible. They usually are very rewarding vaporizers when mastered and most of them gives a unique experience/ritual. In essence all butane powered vapes are unregulated but the word is mostly used for battery powered as well, just like the one we're discussing here.

Note that depending on the heating source, some butane vaporizers can be regulated (induction heater for DV and such, station for Vapman...)

Edit : shortening to match better the quoted post.

Last edited:

VapChap09

Conduction : the heating element touches the bowl to make it hot. The material is continuously cooked, whether you're drawing or not, because it touches the hot surface of the bowl. Tends to give darker ABV and a more roasted/earthy taste.
Dynavaps, vapman, mflb...

Convection : the heater and the bowl are distant enough to keep the bowl cool. The heater is designed to heat the air coming in when you draw : the material is only cooked when you're drawing. (The bowl can eventually be preheated and will get hot after a few draw anyway). Usually gives lighter ABV and taste closer to what your material actually smell.
Tinymight, most ballvapes, logs, volcano, herborizer...

There's a third way to get your weed hot : radiation. It's not discussed much here because I don't think there's a vape that makes it his main heating process and because it happen marginally in a lot of vaporizers (Vaponic, Aromed...).

Sorry my bad i must have worded wrong i was looking to see what the 2zm would be either conduction or convection?

But i did need help with the regulated so thank you for the info

Top Bottom