Discontinued herbalAire

MG23

Relaxin'
I don't think that is enough options. There MUST be more... :)

That bag looks like it is filled with raw cotton. Is that really vape smoke?

:lol: Yezzir, that's pure vapor; less than a half pack and absolutely no grinding or stirring.
Herbalaire gets optimal results with minimal effort no matter which method of vaping you prefer.
It's always eluded me why it gets so little attention compared to less functional models on these boards.

Last edited:

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
Just to add to MG23's excellent illustration post of the ultimate versatility, here a video of the owner of herbalaire displaying the 5 way mouthpiece and the need for absolutely no grinding:

This could be super handy for demos to noobs, or to groups, imo.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The HA was my first vaporizer, if you look at my signature you can see I get many others vapes but I start all my days with a HA bowl of whole nuggs, it's so tasty!

I'm sure to keep it until it dead and it could be very long (I heard HA owners 6 years old!), I don't use bag option except for friends and party, I prefer the whip or the direct mode, I rarely use it through water cause I have more cloudy dedicaced device for vape-bonging.

The HA excels to extract all the goodies (it take some time...) when I got abv not fully extracted I pack it in the crucible with a few amount of kief or reclaim mixed with it, taste is not the better but you get very stone (for this use vape through water is the better).

And if you look at a large bowl size, take the HA!

I have only very little issues with it:
- when you grind your medecine you need a extra screen on the top and, even with the screen, your mp and tubing becomes very dirty quickly;
- when y-ou invert the HA lot of vapor is escaping by air inlet (you can put your finger here)
- the HA "cook" your medecine so when the bowl is in the heater you need to vape without wait too much between hits (or you can take the crucible off between hits
- it can vapes everything evenly but it's definitly not a fast heavy hitter, vape a bowl is between 15mn and 25mn in average (my average load is 0.3, I rarely use smaller loads with it)

BUT KEEP IN YOUR MIND THE HA IS ONE OF THE BETTER FOR THIS PRICE AND I LOVE IT!!!!!

MG23

Relaxin'
Thanks for the post, PPN!

A note for those that think visibility or "cloudiness" is an accurate gauge of hit potency; it's not.
Visibility/thickness of vapor is caused by the condensation of vapor against the particulate in the airstream and lack of fresh air. The percentage of particulate and fresh air in the airstream are also the main contributing factors in the harshness of each hit. Visibility of vapor is incidental.
When you grind or go to very high temperatures you allow far more particulate into the airstream; which appears to create "thicker/bigger" hits, but in reality they are no more potent than the "thinner" looking, less harsh clouds HA would have produced without grinding.

Knowing this fact, it becomes obvious as to why other vapes that require a fine grind and/or stirring throughout the session to extract all the actives appear to be "cloudier" or "heavier hitters", when in reality they are extracting less of the total actives per hit; producing weaker, yet cloudier/thicker/harsher vapor.
There are many reasons to NOT grind with the Herbalaire; reducing/eliminating the issues PPN mentioned.
Don't let smokier vapor visibility trick you into thinking grinding and/or vaporizers that require grinding are functionally preferable.

An example of visibility not equaling potency: I always produced "thicker, cloudier, bigger" hits from my Purple-Days than I do with 5x the material in my Herbalaire. However, the thicker/cloudier/bigger hits from the fractional amount in the PD were also 1/5th the strength.
Not to mention the mandatory ultra-fine grind and "golfball through a garden hose" level of airflow the Purple-Days required...

Just some food for thought. :)

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I appreciate the education, MD23. A noob is a noob and I is one for now. But not for too long... ;)

cybrguy,
Reactions: MG23

MG23

Relaxin'
That post wasn't directed at you; but everyone starts somewhere.
It's quite a step to move from smoking to vaporization in the first place.
It's your willingness to expand your understanding that makes all the difference. :)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That post wasn't directed at you; but everyone starts somewhere.
It's quite a step to move from smoking to vaporization in the first place.
It's your willingness to expand your understanding that makes all the difference. :)

I figured that, but it was good info for me too. I tend to learn before I act. How many people do you know who read their car manual cover to cover in the first week they own a new car? :)

cybrguy,

TerrorTurkey

Some high temp HA vapor through the honeycomb. :smug:

YBpVAnJ.jpg

jkwarrior200

I know with a lot of vapes you have to wait like 20-30 seconds after each hit for the herb to heat up again is that do you have to do that with herbal aire or extreme q? Also can you hit it quickly or is it like a lot of vapes where you have to do slow draws?

jkwarrior200,
I know with a lot of vapes you have to wait like 20-30 seconds after each hit for the herb to heat up again is that do you have to do that with herbal aire or extreme q? Also can you hit it quickly or is it like a lot of vapes where you have to do slow draws?

Once the HerbalAire is heated up and I put the GonG stem in I don't have to wait at all, I can just start hitting it, draw speed in the HerbalAire doesn't really matter, if you haul on it really hard you might make it cool down a tiny bit but it heats back up fast. The EQ is a different beast all together with a single wide heat jet vs the mini jets in the HerbalAire. The HA works fine in groups as well its really hard to overwhelm the heater by hitting it too fast.

MG23

Relaxin'

Absolutely no pauses with the Herbalaire. Have as many people as you can hitting it as hard as they can in a row and it won't even slow the HA down. The heat retention design of the HA is the main reason for this. The HerbalAire acts as a thermos; holding in as much heat as possible during and between hits. It is borderline impossible to over-task the heater in the HerbalAire. The Extreme Q, on the other hand, seems to expend a great deal of its stored heat very quickly each time it is hit, thus resulting in the mandatory slow downs you mention. Another one of the many categories where the HerbalAire shines above the competition.

Last edited:

jkwarrior200

What about how much herb you use per bag? (Weight) or how much the bowl fits in general?

Also do you grind your herb in this vape?

Last edited by a moderator:
jkwarrior200,

max

Out to lunch
What about how much herb you use per bag? (Weight) or how much the bowl fits in general?

How much you load is up to you. It holds quite a bit. I used a herbalAire for years and only loaded ground up herb when that's all I had. It's much, much easier to load chunks. If you grind and load you'll get quite a bit of herb sucked/blown up into the main mouthpiece, which has a coarse screen (big holes). This model does a great job of thoroughly vaping pieces of herb and there's no need to grind. You'll likely get more vapor per hit with direct draw if you grind, but you'll need to add another crucible screen to the top of the heating chamber, and more vapor per hit doesn't mean more vapor period, just a higher vapor/air ratio.

max,

Peloton

Vapes Hard

No need to, surprisingly. It's the only vape I've ever used that can completely cook whole buds without a problem. That being said, I will sometimes use ground herb if I have some ready to go.

As @max said, the stock HA screens in the mouthpiece are fairly coarse; I have replaced mine with a finer screen that I domed to fit. It clogs quicker, but keeps the bubbler clean :tup:

Peloton,
Reactions: MG23

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I am thoroughly bummed. My HerbalAire came (yay) but there was no crucible included (boo). When I saw the package I was very excited to try it out, but that isn't happening. What a bummer... :(

cybrguy,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
You can use it without the crucible if you want. it works that way just fine. They used to have a video of them using the HA in espresso mode with no crucible and the tong mouthpiece is actually designed to be used with no crucible.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I am thoroughly bummed. My HerbalAire came (yay) but there was no crucible included (boo). When I saw the package I was very excited to try it out, but that isn't happening. What a bummer... :(

You could probably vap a whole nug in the chamber without a crucible, just don't grind.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I may well cave and do it without a crucible, but I had intended to keep it clean, at least at the beginning, and that is probably not how to do that...

Love the kittens and Mom on the slide, Vicki. :)

Top Bottom