Discontinued herbalAire

lazylathe

Almost there...
HA doesn't produce big thick hits, right? At first i didnt think the unit was working properly, but i came to the conclusion that it just produces small, conservative hits. i put maybe .1 in and get 10-15 hits from direct draw and it really hits the spot.

I havent had any luck with vapebongnig yet. i have all stock materials and just stick the mouthpiece right up to my 14mm downstem. I get no more vapor than direct draw. My waterpipe is only 9 inches so maybe its too small to produce thick vapor?

Lastly, does DBV's whip fit over HA's mouthpiece?

What temp do you have yours set at?
I worked mine from 350 to 375 and a bit more and got some decent hits!
I found that the black mouthpiece actually fits in my Pinnacle WT and i got some pretty good clouds!

lazylathe

Almost there...
The HA strikes again!!!

I am finding that grinding up my bud and packing a tiny amount in the bowl is really getting me heavily medicated! It just covers the crucible screen.
Worked the dial from 350 to 385 and there was still vapor left and i could not take anymore.
This is a first for me!!

I was also hitting it dry through my Pinnacle WT.
Amazing!

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
For $349 . . . NICE . . . :tup:

herbalAire elite - digital vaporizer
  • the elite vaporizer has integrated pump controls. adjust the pump timer to shut off for vapor bag perfection
  • mouthpiece will also attach the herbalAire elite to any piece of glass! GONG or TONG check out the video
  • snap the crucible onto the mouthpiece for the easiest loading and unloading
  • elegant slip ring bag assembly system
  • the $349.95 herbalAire elite system can be set up for direct inhalation, whip, single bag fill, elite to glass adapter
  • the 3-bag and 5-bag mouthpieces are sold as accessories. we recommend the high output pump accessory for the 5-bag mouthpiece

8397765_orig.jpg

MG23

Relaxin'
The video you linked is a regular Herbalaire 2.2 with teflon on glass adapter, not the new Elite.
Great post regardless, though. :)

MG23,
Reactions: Peloton

grokit

well-worn member
By "integrated pump controls, adjust the pump timer to shut off", it sounds like the elite features a timer-controlled accessory outlet for the air pump?

grokit,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
i looked into the elite when i first heard that ha had made a wp adaptor. i wanted to grab the adaptor to compare it to the pv gong adaptor. in the end i didn't bother because if you read the fine print you can't use the adaptor with the crucible. that turned me off of it, and i didn't order it.

so i had a peek at the elite model. i must say i am a little dissapointed in what the elite offers. for an extra 150 you get a digital display, and a different mouthpiece, thats not backwards compatible with the old H2.2. if there are more differneces please point them out to me!

the temp range is identical to the 2.2, and based on the pics i bet it has the same internals as the 2.2. so what makes it 150 better?

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
uh, i know im not supposed to double post, but i can't edit my last post...

so i have been thinking some more about the elite version... i have seen it mentioned a few times in this thread that a new version should have an increased heat capacity, and a digital interface should be optional as it isn't required because it adds unneccessary expense and reliability concerns. herbalaire did manage to make it more glass compatible which is great, but the 2.2 can do this already.

i think the main reason why i am dissapointed in the elite model is because the main feature i wanted to see was an increased heat capacity. i would have loved to see 500F, but even 450F would be good enough. not only would a higher temp, allow one to access the whole spectrum range of their vaporizables, but it would shorten the session considerably.

we have all heard about the locomotive effect with the ha right? - put too much in, and it just keeps going and going, and then your wasted, and instead of being wasteful because it just keeps on going, you try to keep up, and then you notice your tolerance goes up.

it seems to me, that the speed at which one vaporize X amount, is correlated to the amount of heat conduction, versus the amount of heat from convection. so, a vape that is say 80% conduction and 20% convection (like a sublimator), will take significantly less time to vape .1g though the same piece of glass than a vape that is 80% convection and 20% conduction (like the vhw).

i recently acquired a sublimator and for me, it can provide a one and done experience, which is my ultimate goal. the sublimator provides great results but has a lot of drawbacks. its bloody hot, this is both the best and worst thiing about it because it has a big enough heatsink to instantly vaporize anything in the bowl (which is amazing), and all that heat is exposed so its easy to burn anything that comes near it (which demands a lot of respect)!

another drawback is that, although the sublimator does a pretty good job of evenly vaping a bowl, however, i haven't come across another vape that will produce the consistent abv that the ha produces everytime.

so i think the ultimate vape in the world would be an sublimator and ha hybrid.

1. contain all the heat that the sub can produce in the unbreakable ha case,
2. keep the ha 2.2 analogue dial for accurate temp control. the sub's temp control is very finicky, and without a watt meter it would take a fair bit of trial and error i suppose to get it dialed in consistently.
3. make all the accessories backwards compatible. why ignore this giant base of satisfied customers? i would think that they would be the quickest to become early adopters and get the word out.
4. make the new model available as a standalone upgrade, so the people with a 2.2 can upgrade and continue to use the accessories that they already have.
5. make new accessories for the consumption of concentrates. with the increased heat capacity, i figure it would be the only vape in the world that would have the capacity to vape anything, anyway you wanted it - bag, vapebong, or whip.

mod note: Double posting is fine if you can no longer see the Edit button.

Last edited by a moderator:

lazylathe

Almost there...
I was hitting my HA 2.2 last night using my Pinnacle WT dry.
It was amazing!!!
The flavor is great, the vapor is not harsh and a small nug lasted a very long time!

My wife now prefers the HA to the Nano, she says it tastes better and does not make her cough.
To me that is good enough for it to stay in rotation with all my other vapes!

Ralph

Has anybody here bought the upgraded pump/fan? Do you think this is necessary? I won't be using the bag mode too often except when I have people over.

thanks,
Bill

Ralph,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Indeed:

Might be but i'm reserving my opinion until more details become available relatively to its middle section, etc.

:peace:

I am still using my older model HA, and love it. The new model looks very nice. I have always liked a more simple design over a lot of bells and whistles, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't get one of these if my HA had problems. :nod:

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Vicki,

The HA v2.1 was the proper option when i ordered mine in 2011, i don't regret it. Yet, this new model just arrived so i guess i'll need to lurk around for awhile, in low-profile, waiting for details in hope some lessons have been learned from the v2.x experiences shared by HA customers around here.

Egzoset,
Reactions: Vicki

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations LazyLathe,

That middle section looks exactly like my original HA.

Here's a snapshot of my v2.1, for future comparisons:

2cfe6px.jpg

In bag mode (with an external pump connected to it) the back white teflon inlet-bridge proves to be adequate in preventing any contamination from eventually failing electronics below. When modding, in an attempt to implement whip mode, the odds will no longer equal zero if not accounted for. This may sound like a trivial issue but there's more and it turns out i never wanted to bring this in public until today, maybe it's time now because there won't be more from me here: i found a metal screw mildly biting into a teflon shim and plastic insulation from power & thermocouple wires, some visibly poor attachment method for such critical wires which need to be firmly held together where they enter the heat-exchanger.

Since i'm expecting high standards of perfection in that price range i chose not to bother about it again. Yet don't get mistaken, mine worked great while in proper condition and being used as planned; it's some of the other aspects i've become disapointed with and i wish to move on anyway.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Salutations LazyLathe,

Here's a snapshot of my v2.1, for future comparisons:

2cfe6px.jpg

In bag mode (with an external pump connected to it) the back white teflon inlet-bridge proves to be adequate in preventing any contamination from eventually failing electronics below. When modding, in an attempt to implement whip mode, the odds will no longer equal zero if not accounted for. This may sound like a trivial issue but there's more and it turns out i never wanted to bring this in public until today, maybe it's time now because there won't be more from me here: i found a metal screw mildly biting into a teflon shim and plastic insulation from power & thermocouple wires, some visibly poor attachment method for such critical wires which need to be firmly held together where they enter the heat-exchanger.

Since i'm expecting high standards of perfection in that price range i chose not to bother about it again. Yet don't get mistaken, mine worked great while in proper condition and being used as planned; it's some of the other aspects i've become disapointed with and i wish to move on anyway.

So are you saying without modding the unit, it was acceptable?
I am very happy with my HA, no plastic taste or smell whatsoever when the unit is on.
As are a lot of other people on this forum.

I have never tried the bags with this vape, for me the whip is perfect!

Maybe an option would be to have a tube connected to the back port and have a small HEPA filter on it so that only pure air is drawn into the unit?
I would think the back air port would be directly connected to the heat chamber, so no parts inside the vape should affect vapor quality?

Having been on this forum for a while now i am realizing that no vape will make everyone happy.
Some people will love a vape whilst others will despise the same piece of equipment.

I will go on enjoying this vape and recommend it to people as a good desktop unit.
At the end of the day we are the only ones responsible for what we decide to put inside our bodies, healthy, dangerous or questionable.

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again LazyLathe,

So are you saying without modding the unit, it was acceptable?

All right, more precisely i'd comment that in my personal opinion the v2.1 owners using their HA vaporizer in bag mode shouldn't expect a reason to worry from me - e.g. while there's tubing plugged in the inlet bridge-connector. Moreover mine worked reliably for 25 months, after all.

:nod:

In other words, in the absolutely exceptional event of a catastrophic failure no smoke from the circuit board can enter one's cannabic stream unless it escapes confinement from under a slack middle belt (previously identified by a red arrow) and then mixes outside with inlet air 1 centimeter away.

Maybe an option would be to have a tube connected to the back port...

We appear to agree, my wish for the HA would be that future revisions eventually correct such minor aspects.

Perhaps quality of assembly work should have priority but i told you, it's behind me.

grokit

well-worn member
So is there a consensus on the best aftermarket air pump for the ha, or at least the desired specs?

grokit,
Reactions: Vicki
Top Bottom