Discontinued herbalAire

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Congrats and welcome to the HA family. I love my HA in direct draw mode, no glass yet, I'm trying to hold out for the Cloud but just spent some of that $ on a new ThermoVape so . . I understand the itch. I'm amazed at how much $ my vape collection is starting to encompass. I remember saying something to myself about a year ago when i found this forum . . . something about that not happening to me . . .

t-dub

t-dub,

samirfuzzywuzzy

I've been working hard on trying to get good fits with glass parts on my herbalaire and these past few days I've be on to something. The way I think and feel about things is that some engineer worked on the HA to make it what it is so I cant go and throw everything out of the window but I've got a few place to start now.

1. The screen in the main Teflon and bottom of the HA crucible are shit quality and coarse so lazy people don't have to clean them often. This is an easy fix just buy a bunch of different STAINLESS STEEL screen that are fine or micro fine. The difference is huge.... No tiny particles to irritate my throat and vapor quality changed. This is something that will create restriction keep in mind.

2. HA uses shitty stock tube. Its thin in comparison to other vaporizers and it taste/smells like crap. The best tube to use from my experiments is the tube made from good silicone not surgical silicone(only 400f) you need the food silicone (500f). I found some on amazon and ebay where you get it is your choice. Here is the specs i use: White SiliconeTubing, 5/16"ID, 7/16"OD, 1/16" Wall

3. In side of main Teflon is very narrow and so is the straw. The straw has got to be the biggest pain in the poop hole since it gets sticky and nasty. The best thing i could find to do with it was pop the old screen out of the main Teflon and take of the straw. next drill through the whole thing until it seems like the Extreme Q mouth piece will fit but its to tight to enter. Make sure you don't drill enough for it to fit since you wont get a seal like this. Now the tricky part: get tongs or pliers and submerge the Teflon and glass in hot (almost boiling) water for a minute and then carefully push the glass into the top of the Teflon. It will be tight and may need to be re-submerged many times to make a fit. once this is done let it cool and cover one side and blow through the other. There should be zero pressure leak (mine Holds 90psi from the shop compressor)... probably more to but I don't want to test that). Once that's all done and said, clean real nice throw on some quality screens ( I use 2 micro-fine SS screens in the main Teflon). Then throw on the good silicone hose and your machine has some serious performance gains.

Here's what the piece should look like after mod:
IMG_1334.jpg

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
^ great post! I have a few ?s.

You only need to run two fine screens - place one in the bottom of the crucible and the other ontop of your vaporizables and you can eliminate the screen in the white mouthpiece.

Are The tubing dimensions that u posted specifically for your modified glass mouthpiece or to replace the stock tubing?

I think youR mod will make the ha more difficult to mate with waterpipes because of the glass straw sticking out, but for bags it looks very cool. Does it fill up the bag faster and/or with the same density? I wonder because by taking out the restrictive straw the air will flow faster.

B. - great choice on picking up the ha! I think you'll be impressed with the consistency of results u get with the ha.

notmyrealUSERname,
Reactions: MG23

samirfuzzywuzzy

I run screens in the crucible just like you say but the ones in the teflon give me restriction that I have lost else where.....Much denser vapes with 2 in the teflon.

The tubing is for EQ's and the HA mod pieces I Posted.

I made the mod because I am a high end tube collector and the more glass you have on the HA the better its going to taste with your Bong/waterpipe. Here is what I do: I hook up the pieces as described and then i run a silicone hose from there to a water pipe adapter into my toro or sheldon or other tubes. Balloons fill with the utmost density when I turn my pump knob down and wait for a slow fill.... @365f im getting as thick as smoke or thicker but its just very dense vape not smoke!

On the final note i have a lot of vapes and the EQ, 7th floor, and Oracle, are unbeatable by any vape IN MY OPINION depending on how you use them.

samirfuzzywuzzy,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
You guys really inspire me. Thanks for making the effort to share. I appreciate it and you have me "thinking".

t-dub

t-dub,

samirfuzzywuzzy

it was just a few minutes ago that i realized that the solo glass piece works......... now its got me thinking crazy things!

samirfuzzywuzzy,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations T-Dub,

Thank you for noticing my post!

:D

Well, i feel necessary to mention that the idea of using an Arizer Solo glass stem with the HerbalAire wasn't mine. If my memory doesn't fail me i first read about this in the Solo thread, when it was a few dozen pages shorter, quite a white ago, euh... I do recall though that the initial statement felt rather vague and the related posts which came after didn't really clarify the matter for me, so i kept asking for photographs MANY times (in vain) - and i wasn't alone. Yet, in the end, i just had to acquire my own Solo glass tube it seems, to try it myself so i could find out how it fits, actually.

There's been some comments about the VapoCane too but the curve in my Solo stems feels so much more convenient i doubt i'll ever be tempted to walk the very same path once again! At least i'm glad that i did, it's not a perfect mouthpiece replacement but that's as good as it will ever get, i guess. All i need now is to find a high-temperature silicone or teflon ring to sit on top of the HA's oven teflon disc, and perhaps also a piece of the same material to terminate the Solo tube properly (in terms of heat and shape). I'm not holding my breath over this as you can imagine!

:peace:

Egzoset,

B.

War Criminal
O mama...i'm sure this asshole snowstorm is delaying the shipment of my new toy :mad:

B.,

invisbl

Hi Herbies

First time post. Love the site. I have a few questions,

I got a h2.2 is this any different than the 2.1?

The direct draw is too hot for me. I want to hookup my bong. I'm thinking of using teflon tape to seal the connection to the bong. Anyone have better ideas? Also what kind of tubing should I buy? If I want it to connect to the straw I need 5/16 diameter which home depot doesn't sell. Also most tubing I see is vinyl is this stuff ok?

Love the bags it fills. I usually run at 325. I find the best bags are 2 thru 4. How many bags do you guys get if you pack the crucible chalk full? I usually stop at 8-10.

How many times should a bag be used before you toss it?

Best wishes.

invisbl,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
The H2.2 and H2.1 are pretty much the same. I think there are one or two small changes, but they still function the same. How are you using direct draw? I first used just the white teflon piece. It was pretty hot. Then someone advised the teflon piece, a "straw", then the black mouthpiece. Using it that way worked for me.

Magic9,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

invisbl said:
If I want it to connect to the straw I need 5/16 diameter which home depot doesn't sell.

I found 5/16" (O. D.) 3/16" (I. D.) PVC tubing at Rona l'Entrept last fall but since the "straw" is even more restrictive i use no tubing at all for direct inhalation: as a matter of fact i don't even use the main white teflon mouthpiece provided in the HerbalAire package; the later would be usefull when used with a water toy though.

:peace:

Egzoset,

samirfuzzywuzzy

@ Magic9/invisbl - the ha2.2 in my opinion is hotter at the same setting then the older models....auto shut off is new but can also be a pain in the butt. The lighting on the bottom became an indicator light which is cool.

@egzoset- so the Arizer solo stem doesn't fit air tight to the Teflon ring on the HA? I see your talking about some kind of ring or seal.

So my final idea is to buy a piece of straight glass tube that would ride all the way through the Teflon main piece unlike the EQ piece I have now. This would let me keep the Teflon piece as my "seal" and also give me an all glass inner surface as far as the main mouth piece goes.

samirfuzzywuzzy,

samirfuzzywuzzy

ok so until the actual tube that I intend to use shows up, here is the glass piece dimensions that I plan to use: Clear Glass Tubing, 7mm ID, 9mm OD, 1.0mm Wall, 6" Length. This should give me a little over 3 inches of extra glass extending beyond the Teflon besides the whole inside.

samirfuzzywuzzy,

tdandre

maconheiro revolucionario
if you like whip mode you can simply put the black mouthpiece directly in the main teflon mouthpiece and get a less restrictive airflow than with the straw.
i've done that several times, but now i rather inhale directly on the main white mouthpiece or get it on vapebong.

tdandre,

samirfuzzywuzzy

ive done that before tdandre. The whole idea is plastic and any thing that is not glass is got me itching if you know what I mean. Glass is the way of the samurai!!!!

samirfuzzywuzzy,

tdandre

a glass mouthpiece and perhaps crucible would be a really nice improve on HA for sure

tdandre,

invisbl

Thanks for the info guys.

I will check Rona for the pvc and post a pic once I get my H2 bong mod complete.

Best wishes!

invisbl,

tdandre

very well mates you have inspired me :D

Glass Mouthpiece for HA video

Had this glass bong bowl laying around and after some drilling, a new white teflon cas for glass mouthpice for the HA.
I've been playing with setups and screens position, and did some amazing elbow pack extreme q like that tasted amazing.
My HA got new life with the flavor of the glass, with a pretty obvious mod.
Thank you guys!

tdandre,
Reactions: Egzoset

samirfuzzywuzzy

It all taste amazing when you have glass or new parts because you "Just dont know!!!" this because the HA is the dirtiest machine..... i have a lot of machines and Ill tell you for sure that after 7 grams of product through any machine the parts on the HA are the dirtiest..... Not because it catches it in the right places but because it doesn't catch the dirt. Ive done the expirements with a scale.... also the ABV on scale for the HA and EQ have less than 0.01g difference .....drastic compared to the taste differences and color of the abv!

The EQ will have all the garbage in the fine screens and the corner of the 90 degree elbow...... while the herbalaires dirt is all in my water pipe and water.... When i say dirt i mean sticky brown goo that taste like burnt toast and there is a lot of it in that white mouth piece.

In the real world cash is king in the vape world glass is king!!!

samirfuzzywuzzy,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
^ get yourself a dental pick and scrape out the brown poo from your mouthpiece. Then go read about domes and curves. You'll be very impressed with how potent that "garbage" is.

I don't have an EQ but the ha is is very easy to keep clean. Try to find the finest screens you can (I use ti screens) and put one in the bottom if the crucible, use the other to sandwich your vaporizables inside the crucible. With this method it's impossible to get particulate matter through the mouthpiece.

Over time you will build up the brown goo and you should save it and enjoy it. Think of the wand hash that people with ssv's brag about, well the ha's mouthpiece oil is way better because it doesnt have any particulates in it. Which is why it's so potent and you can hit it Off of a nail!

There are a lot of Vapes out there that have all glass air/vaporpaths, they all have their pros and cons but so far I haven't found one that I would trade my ha for.

notmyrealUSERname,
Reactions: MG23

samirfuzzywuzzy

I'm very familiar with the sandwich you talk about with fine screens ....this is what i do, but the goo we are talking about is surely not an extract. The goo usually has been heated over and over in your mouth piece and has a harsh taste & smoke compared to any extract. I'm after glass paths because i can clean them easy and I would not like to be "reheating" anything.....

The fine screens fix the particle problem that irritates my throat but the "goo" being reheated causes almost the same irritation not to mentions taints the flavor of a new packed crucible with the toast taste.

samirfuzzywuzzy,
Top Bottom