Herb Grinders

tokenitup

I'm currently rocking the 2" space case and clean it with a toothbrush. It cuts effortlessly and the magnet is way more powerful than my old eBay grinder. The only negative thing I have to say about my grinder was the insane $90 that I spent on it. Other than that it's been a great grinder for the sticky icky!

tokenitup,

coma-boy

Nice knowledge Max! Thanks.

I ? my 'Canos. No idea about any of the others. I just assume (and kinda hope) that they all suck. What's your favourite Max?

Have a nice uber-sharp titanium-alloy grinder that is super-non-stick. Works wonders.

I must say, life has been fucking good since I switched from smoke to vapour. Fuck combustion!

coma-boy,

jordon23

Has anybody heard of or used a kannastor grinder? I ran across one on ebay and I thought they looked nice. You can replace the screen. I searched for reviews and didn't find any negative ones. Any input would be awesome.

jordon23,

coma-boy

Kannastors look really good, beautiful design, the spare gauze and pliers are a nice addition, but the grinding blades looked a little odd, well, they look slightly less efficient/sharp as some other brands, but still probably excellent.

I also prefer the non-stick coatings that some grinders have. But, still, Kannastors are probably amazing.

coma-boy,

FEAR420

jordon23 said:
Has anybody heard of or used a kannastor grinder? I ran across one on ebay and I thought they looked nice. You can replace the screen. I searched for reviews and didn't find any negative ones. Any input would be awesome.
Ive had a pair of Kannastors in my possession. One was mine,one was my ex's....both performed flawlessly. No metal shavings,no flaking,nothing. I can say that Id recommend them :D

I also highly recommend the LARGE Cosmic Case that can be found on Aqua Lab Technologies for $30. If you have large hands,this 2 pce is for you!!!

FEAR420,

jumpman29

rabican said:
I was looking at these two grinders:
The simple pollen press included with that first grinder is like my first pollen press, not the best type of press to use if that's what you're looking for.

As far as the grinders, I would recommend Sharpstone grinders, they have many different sizes to fit your needs and budget of $25 and can be found at most Smoke shops. I have one with a clear top that lets you see the herb as it's grinded. Of course they're are many other brands/non-brands out there that will do just fine, just look for one with a decent magnet at the center of the top pieces, a nice screen for kief collection and you're set.

jumpman29,

coma-boy

The Chromium Crusher looks pretty damn good.

And who needs a pollen press anyway? We can vape the stash once there's enough, right? I've been doing that to amazing effect. Can't see any point in pressing it.

Nice non-stick looking metal on that grinder, and nice sharp looking blades. I'd go for the second one if I were you. I assume it has a magnet, although it's not visible in the photos.

PS: My favourite grinder to date, ever, is my titanium-alloy Space Case 2 piece grinder (also available as a 4 piece).

Astonishingly good. Very sharp, very non-stick, great magnet, great movement. Available from GotVape, EDIT, and other places online.

For filling a vape chamber (at least on a Volcano), if you have good bud, their small size 4 piece is adequate.

The 2 piece I have is a medium, if it was slightly smaller I'd be able to pour from it straight into my Cano's chamer without any spillage.

coma-boy,

max

Out to lunch
rabican said:
I was looking at these two grinders:

http://www.amazon.com/Quality-Alumi...2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1271034181&sr=1-2

or

http://www.amazon.com/Chromium-Crus...1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1269191397&sr=1-1

Id like the best bang for the buck, and pref under 25$ shipped. If anyone knows of anything better let me know.
Both good ones. The top one is aluminum and the bottom one is the original Chromium Crusher-steel/zinc alloy-very heavy. Of the two I'd go with the aluminum. A better choice IMO, from the same seller, is this one (Sharp Crusher)- http://merchantswholesale.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=6793705 Can't beat it, IMO, for the price- $15 delivered. It's not quite as nicely finished as the CC, but just as functional at a much better price.

max,

jordon23

Got the kannastor grinder today, and I have to say it's impressive. Really nice finish and seems top notch in every way. I got the 1.5 inch 4 piece. You can take out the big sifter part in the middle and it makes it super tiny. Would be great for a travel grinder this way. It was $35 shipped, and had an extra screen so you can replace it if needed.

jordon23,

cogz756

Heady Oil head
ive had my grinder for like 3 years!!!:lol: I absolutely love it! they dont make grinders like mine anymore I hate to say it:( I dunno what kinda grinder it is tho... looks like a space case but doesnt have space case written on it... was there ever a time when space case didnt put their name on their grinders?..:/

cogz756,

max

Out to lunch
cogz756 said:
they dont make grinders like mine anymore I hate to say it
If that means they don't make 'em as well as they used to, I'd have to disagree. You can get good quality grinders now for quite a bit less $ than you could a few years ago.
was there ever a time when space case didnt put their name on their grinders?..
I don't know, but they had Space Case on 'em 3 years ago, so I'm afraid yours isn't a SC.

max,

Gatsby T Pig

I have been considering a grinder for some time now.

This thread is lengthy and has been somewhat helpful as I narrowed my choices to either a Space Case or Mendo Mulcher. It is funny to me that I initially really wanted a TrueBlendz but after seeing max repeatedly mention its low quality, I decided I should probably rule it out.

Before I give up on the TrueBlendz entirely however, I would like to know if anyone has checked out the prototype version. It seems max was referring to an older version of TrueBlendz that obviously had problems, especially due to quality control and customer service. I noticed the newer version has a slightly different shape that may be more ergonomic, which is what is enticing me to buy it. Also, I just read that TrueBlendz are now made in the US and are crafted from a single piece of high-grade aluminum. Here's the link www.spacegrinders.com.

Another grinder I am curious about is the one that is given away for free from www.puffitup.com with a purchase of a MFLB. It is a CNC(I don't know what this means) aluminum 4 piece grinder that looks like it usually retails for about $15. I am probably going to purchase the MFLB anyway and I thought this could potentially be a great deal for me as I am in the market for a 4 piece grinder anyway.

Thanks everyone:)

Gatsby T Pig,

max

Out to lunch
I don't think TrueBlendz as a brand is crappy, but they never even gave mine a spin before they shipped it. If they had, they would (should) have tossed it in the trash. The top teeth were scraping the anodized coating off the bottom section ( :2c: never buy an anodized grinder with color either, I've decided). Zero quality control.

The puffitup grinder looks pretty good. CNC means computer numerical control. You program a CNC machine to precisely carve out a grinder from a single piece of aluminum. The teeth in an all CNC made grinder aren't stuck on, but cut from the metal block, making them much less likely to fail-you'd have to be trying to grind some pretty heavy lumber. I've bought a couple of very good ones in this price range (Sharp Crusher and Aero Space), so you can get quality at around $15 these days.

max,

panasonic

Does anyone know the status of the present MixnBall customer service?

Also, is it even possible to grind small quantities (<1g) in a coffee grinder?

panasonic,

GreenLeaf

A plastic acrylic grinder came with my vape so I used that and it worked fine.

It was more effective than using just small scissors which I used back when I would combust or if I was using a bowl/bong I'd just put the plant material in there if it was small.

If I were into vaping all the time or a heavy user of herbs I'd make the switch to a metal grinder.

I have a coffee grinder but that's used for grinding coffee beans only. :)

GreenLeaf,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I just bought a black titanium space case. It is expensive, but fantastic. Catches tons of kief as well.

the ob,

coma-boy

lwien said:
max said:
( :2c: never buy an anodized grinder with color either, I've decided)
Does that include the ti SpaceCases? It's anodized and purple.
I was wondering about that purple hue. Love the grinder and was hoping that odd purple hue is the natural shade of the titanium alloy. Hopefully I'm correct! As I also don't want an "anodized grinder with color".

coma-boy,

max

Out to lunch
Does anyone know the status of the present MixnBall customer service?
You mean getting a grinder that you buy from their site? I wouldn't try, personally. And no reseller has any MB screen grinders. That hasn't changed since sometime last year. If you want one of their 2 pc. grinders, you can buy from EDIT. There's also an eBay seller who has the MegaLeaf, Nano, and Combat models at good prices.

I was wondering about that purple hue. Love the grinder and was hoping that odd purple hue is the natural shade of the titanium alloy. Hopefully I'm correct! As I also don't want an "anodized grinder with color".
I don't think SC adds color to the anodizing process. I would hope not anyway. I know there's no color added to MixnBalls. But the ones colored red, blue, black, etc. have dyes added and I don't trust 'em. I've heard a story or two of the color coming off.

max,

Cappella Sistina

Can never go wrong with a Space Case.

Also, Kannastor and Sharpstone are the same product. Well made in the same factory, by the same company. The makers of sharpstone were just contracted to make Kannastor, and had to include the removal screen to avoid patent issues. Both, are solid products for the money.

Cappella Sistina,

jimbo

winterize
Have a 1.75", 2 piece anodized charcoal Mendo Mulcher grinder, works great! No scraping of the coating, pretty good price too, paid $21 after taxes and shipping...

jimbo,

panasonic

Okay, given that Mixnball might be SOL, is there a 3 piece or 4 piece grinder that is reasonably priced ($30) and not very big (~50mm).

I have no interest in huge grinders (I use like...0.75g per month), or screens (it would take me years to build up a significant amount of kief).

I think the answers will be: Chromium Crusher, Easy Leaf, Sharpstone?

panasonic,

Cappella Sistina

Personally, I would reccomend AGAINST getting a Chromium Crusher. I know for a fact, that use unit often times have a thing layer of grease/residue that gets left on them. Often times hard to see, but if you take your small finger, or a q-tip and swab the edges you will get a dingy yellowish build up.

I dont know much about the Easy Leaf, but Sharpstone has come a long way..and is a VERY solid product for the money.

Cappella Sistina,

max

Out to lunch
Cappella Sistina said:
Can never go wrong with a Space Case.
True, but in the case of their screen grinders, you don't have to pay anywhere near that much to get quality. I've proven that to my satisfaction multiple times, with multiple brands.

Personally, I would reccomend AGAINST getting a Chromium Crusher. I know for a fact, that use unit often times have a thing layer of grease/residue that gets left on them. Often times hard to see, but if you take your small finger, or a q-tip and swab the edges you will get a dingy yellowish build up.
You should clean any new grinder with ISO before using it anyway. Some of them may have leftovers hanging on from the build process. Whether a new grinder has small metal particles clinging to the magnet, or any kind of residue on it, that stuff is gone after cleaning.

Also, Kannastor and Sharpstone are the same product. Well made in the same factory, by the same company. The makers of sharpstone were just contracted to make Kannastor, and had to include the removal screen to avoid patent issues. Both, are solid products for the money.
I've seen quite a few reports of Sharpstones breaking or bending teeth, including pics. I'm not convinced they're 100% CNC made, and the teeth are the part that aren't, if the grinder isn't cut completely from a solid block of aluminum. The latest Sharpstone version I'd stay away from is the one with the clear top. One of our members here, Vicki, bought that one and promptly had a tooth failure. You can certainly get a Sharpstone and get good service out of it, but the number of complaints I've seen is enough for me to avoid the brand. There are other brands, some cheaper, that are 100% CNC made, and therefore a better choice IMO.

panasonic said:
Okay, given that Mixnball might be SOL, is there a 3 piece or 4 piece grinder that is reasonably priced ($30) and not very big (~50mm).

I have no interest in huge grinders (I use like...0.75g per month), or screens (it would take me years to build up a significant amount of kief).
If you're not interested in a screen grinder you should only be looking at a 3 pc. (for storage after grinding), or a 2 pc. A 4 pc. grinder always has a screen. My choice on a 2" 2 pc. would be the MixnBall Classic (2"). I have one and like it a lot for the scratch proof anodizing and the 'fewer teeth design'. You can get one from EDIT for just under $20, including shipping (only $1.49 to the US). The small 2 pc. Space Case (2") is also under $20 from gratefulbuys or vapeworld, using the 15% FC discount. The cheaper grinders, like Chromium Crusher, will cost you over $20 in the 2 or 3 pc. versions. Not a good buy when you can get MnB or SC for less.

For even less than the 2 pc. MB or SC, you can get a 4 pc. Sharp Crusher (2.5" is $15 including shipping) and just take out the screen section if you don't want to screen kief. Then you have a 3 pc. for storage. I bought one of these and I think it's the best bargain you can get right now in a 4 pc. grinder (the Aero Space is also good, at 2.25"). The same 2.5" Chromium Crusher (CNC) will run you $10 more and it's not really an upgrade.
http://merchantswholesale.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=6793705
http://merchantswholesale.ecrater.com/

max,
Top Bottom