Herb Grinders

vaporlicious

max said:
which leads me to believe it's a re-branded Chinese import.
The box it came in said "Made in India" / "CNC-2".
Then I'd say it's made in India and not a Chinese import.
Clearly. I noticed that sticker on the box after I submitted the original post. It just always seems wrong to rewrite history, so I denoted my change with an "Edit:" :ninja:

max said:
The Aerospace grinders seem to be good quality, especially for a freebie.
Agreed, it's definitely a solid freebie item. It was just interesting how it was marketed as a well known brand, trademark and all. Thought I'd post here to see if anyone had heard of them.

vaporlicious,

max

Out to lunch
Sorry, I missed the 'edit'. It may be that they submitted for a trademark recently and the paperwork hasn't caught up yet. Personally, it seems like a waste of time and money for a small vape dealer to trademark a grinder. Interesting too that a Canadian headshop, Jupitergrass.ca, sells some grinders labeled 'Aerospace' at over 5 times the price, and you also find other 'Aero Space' grinders on eBay at prices similar to Vapeworld's (seemingly different ones-some are two screen models). Very confusing.

max,

jklasd

jupiter is in toronto and ive been there once. alot of their stuff is overpriced.

jklasd,

HiC

Hey, guys. Just an update on my grinder situation. I told grinderprince from e-Bay about the scratch on the CNC Chromium Crusher I bought from him and he sent me out a replacement bottom piece free of charge. That was pretty awesome of him but now I'm actually wondering a couple things.

One thing is that the grinder has a sticker that says "Made in China" on the bottom, but from what people have been saying here, that's normal, right? I just didn't know if that meant re-branding.

Also, after using it once, I'm now wondering if grinders like these suit my needs. I'd never even used a grinder before so I didn't know how it works. The grinder works fine but it turns out it doesn't grind the herb finely enough for my PD. I may just have to resell it. If anyone here's interested, feel free to send me an offer.

I'm now looking into small electric grinders which will hopefully provide a fine enough consistency. What I'd always done before is just chop up my herb with a razor blade. That works pretty well, but it's time-consuming. Another thing is that I'd been chopping it in a glass ashtray and the other day I noticed some very faint scratches in the glass and that freaked me out because maybe that means I'm getting little bits of glass dust in my herb and unknowingly inhaling them through my PD tube.

I did some research and found out about a disease called Silicosis that you can get from inhaling glass particles. I sometimes wish I'd never found this forum because all this talk about inhaling harmful things really fucks with my already hypochondriacal brain. The bottom of the ashtray was all gunky from resin so I gave it a swab with iso. Turns out a lot of those "scratches" were actually resin streaks from the razor slicing through the herb and leaving a trail. There were still a few small surface scratches, though, but nothing that I could feel any roughness from when I ran over them with my fingernail. Man, I dunno, should I be worried about this or am I just being a freak? I really hate my brain sometimes. :(

HiC,

digglover

You can always turn it upside down and get a finer grind. That's what I do and it tends to be a good grind.

digglover,

HiC

Holy crap! I've been doing some more reading and it looks like I'd been inadvertently creating my own "grit weed." :( Check out this story on it. Can someone here please say something to ease my mind about this? :tinfoil:

HiC,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
HiC said:
Holy crap! I've been doing some more reading and it looks like I'd been inadvertently creating my own "grit weed." :( Check out this story on it. Can someone here please say something to ease my mind about this? :tinfoil:
Relax, you're fine! You would have to inhale a LOT of particulate matter over a LONG period to develop any symptoms like that. If you're not happy with your grinder and are worried about glass particles from your ashtray, just go to a cooking store and and get a nice little wood or plastic cutting board to prepare your herb on. :) :peace:

KeepCalm,

HiC

KeepCalm said:
Relax, you're fine!
Thanks, man. This kinda shit seriously drives me crazy. I realize silicosis only comes from long-term cumulative exposure but I just wanna kick my own ass for doing this to myself. :mad: I actually found another old ashtray I'd used and that one had more significant scratching on it. I chopped my weed like that for over a year. I'd been using a bong until recently, though, so I assume the water would have filtered out the glass if it even made it through the screen and stem. Anyway, I'll definitely not be chopping weed on glass anymore. It's amazing what a dumbass I can be sometimes.

HiC,

Hotboxvapebongin

If you live in the UK then you should be atleast a little concerned about grit weed. It's marijuana thats been contaminated with stuff like sand and other grit. It's to increase the weight of the product. Chances are you'll be fine and smoking grit weed is still better than smoking cigs everyday.

Hotboxvapebongin,

Jericho99

Just ordered a Titanium Small 4-piece Spacecase from Vapeworld with a coupon. Am I going to regret this high purchasing decision?

Jericho99,

hedgewitch

jericho99, I bought a medium titanium 4 pcs Spacecase and I love it! I was using a no name cheapy that was hard to unscrew and put back together. The spacecase is so smooth, it is really top quality I think.

hedgewitch,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
Jericho99 said:
Just ordered a Titanium Small 4-piece Spacecase from Vapeworld with a coupon. Am I going to regret this high purchasing decision?
i won one from vapeworld. its very quality and has a very nice finish.

illadelph,

Evil1

Is there any reason not to use a coffee "grinder" ? I use the term "grinder" loosely - Ive got a small one with a high speeding spinning blade.
I suspect that for a spliff it will grind to finely but should be fine for vaping.

I posted this before reading the first few pages of the thread - grinders have been discussed - sorry for the double post.

Evil1,

Durden

I am Jack's title
minuteman420 said:
Hey what do you guys think of this one:

http://www.kustomkultureshop.com/Re...Grinders&d=Sharpstone-Grinder-4pc-w-Glass-Top

I heard sharpstone is a good brand? and this is a link to the website of a local headshop so i could get maybe 5$ or something off if i hastle them
Just saw the same grinder on an ebay auction and was tempted because of the clear top and that it comes in a nice looking blue color. Still can't decide between it and a blue cnc chromium crusher.

Durden,

max

Out to lunch
Is there any reason not to use a coffee "grinder" ?
Some people like 'em. Too much surface area to clean effectively for my taste, and it may give you a finer grind than you'd like.

http://www.kustomkultureshop.com/Retail -Glass-Top

I heard sharpstone is a good brand? and this is a link to the website of a local headshop so i could get maybe 5$ or something off if i hastle them
Doesn't tell you what size it is. :/ And I think clear tops-glass or plastic-are a gimmick just likely to cause problems. Personally I wouldn't pay $30 for a Sharpstone. For that much I'd get a MixnBall Classic Screen model, or a Chromium Crusher for $20 or less.

max,

graywulf

I got a 2 or 2.5 in Cosmic at a local head shop.

I cleaned it, I saw no metal shavings but noticed some manufacturing oils.
It grinds very smooth, with no noises.
The holes are designed really well, weed falls from the top compartment easily, yet is still very finely ground.
The screen is firm, but not as tight as my friends sharpstone.
Kief is very yellow and pure so far.

The high walls are what sold me.

The teeth also look incredibly sharp, and even have tiny tiny hooks on the end.

I paid $40.

graywulf,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
hey iloveradiohead, how are you liking that cosmic grnder, im considering ordering the same model from the same place on fri, it seems like a great deal

ive had my eye on cosmics for a while, with the loss of my sharpstone i finally have an excuse to get one

graywulf, please elaborate on the manufacturing oils

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
I had strange "oils" or grease in my Chromium crusher. All I did was dip a q-tip in 99% iso and I dabbled the tip around the grinder...all in the nooks and crannys mind you. I came up with strange oils that were black on the head of the cotton tip. kept washing it out with iso/water and ended up with a 100% nugget ready grinder. Make sure you wash out ANY grinder you buy before you use it. Its understandable for some oils to be leftover from the machining process.

:peace:

if you clean it...its chill. bottom line

Hennessy1414,

Hotboxvapebongin

No its not really "understandable"... These companies know your going to be grinding up herbs to either be smoked, cooked, or vaporized. I work in a Quality Control department for medical instruments, so I know that these anodized metals should be autoclaved and ultimately free of oils. They are cutting corners because these grinders are NOT FDA regulated. NONE of them are safe until you scrub and clean them yourself before use.

Hotboxvapebongin,

gak hater

Hotboxvapebongin said:
No its not really "understandable"... These companies know your going to be grinding up herbs to either be smoked, cooked, or vaporized. I work in a Quality Control department for medical instruments, so I know that these anodized metals should be autoclaved and ultimately free of oils. They are cutting corners because these grinders are NOT FDA regulated. NONE of them are safe until you scrub and clean them yourself before use.
like one of the grinder makers
is gonna have an autoclave to use :lol:
it would be the right way to do it..

gak hater,

lwien

My titanium SpaceCase was virtually spotless when new. No oils, no grease, and no shavings. Guess it adds a bit to the cost to do the cleaning after manufacturing and is probably "one" of the reasons that the SC cost as much as they do.

lwien,

gak hater

lwien said:
My titanium SpaceCase was virtually spotless when new. No oils, no grease, and no shavings. Guess it adds a bit to the cost to do the cleaning after manufacturing and is probably "one" of the reasons that the SC cost as much as they do.
my mendo was spotless also when i got it.
i gave it an iso soak for the hell of it.

gak hater,

Hotboxvapebongin

It may have been spotless to the naked eye.. Doesnt mean there aren't any metal shavings from machine marks in it. You need a 5x lense to see a lot of the metal shavings. My point is that you should clean them no matter how much you trust your expensive Space Case company.

Hotboxvapebongin,
Top Bottom