Herb Grinders

max

Out to lunch
I know him as a customer and via some emails. My first order took so long to deliver he sent me a free Mega Leaf grinder ($35). I've had no problems with him. Then again I never pressed him for an exact delivery date. USPS tracking is unreliable compared to UPS, but grinders are almost always shipped postal. Shipping times vary wildly too. It took 17 days to get a Space Case coast to coast. I've already assured you that you'll get the grinder. Have some patience, and if you don't like his service, tell him yourself. You're the one with the complaint.

max,

TeddyJackEddy

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone in your problems. I ordered a grinder from Mix'n'Ball last week on the 10th. Was told it was shipped last Friday and then told it shipped this Tuesday. Finally got a FedEx tracking number yesterday, so hopefully it will be here soon. I had been in touch with Dan by email many times. He seems very helpful. My understanding is that the shipping is handled by a 3rd party warehouse in CA. When I first contacted Dan he said the order had been misplaced, then he said there were problems with the shipping. Seems like they need to get a handle on their shipper or switch to a more reliable 3rd party shipper.

Currently have a chromium crusher, which works great. Decided I wanted to try a top of the line grinder, but the space case grinders were too much $$$. Reviews on the Mix'n'Ball were all very positive.

Anyway, the FedEx info says my 5 piece grinder will be here tomorrow. Hopefully it will arrive before leaving for the weekend. Once I get the new grinder I'll post a follow up.

TeddyJackEddy,

songa

nice, teddyjackeddy, 2/10 is when I ordered mine too. He also told me he shipped last friday, but then told me it was shipped this monday instead. hopefully i get mine today, or by tomrrow at the latest. I still did not get tracking info tho =( If you don't mind me asking, where are you located and what method of shipping did you use? just tryin to get an idea of how long itd take to ship..haha. thanks for that info tho

songa,

TeddyJackEddy

I'm located in Denver. I had just ordered standard shipping, it was free since my total was over $50. During my emails with Dan I had complained about the time it was taking to get the grinder and he offered to send me a free bottle of cleaner for my trouble. I told him I would prefer to have it quicker than to have the free cleaner, since we are headed up for some skiing this weekend and wanted to grinder for the trip.

Apparently Dan had the shipping upgraded, or at least I'm guessing he did. It is being sent by FedEx, but I think it is FedEx ground, not over night for sure. According to the FedEx website it shipped out of San Diego yesterday, but no update on the FedEx site today. It shows a tentative delivery date of tomorrow. I'll post any new info I get. Luckily I don't have to have the grinder for the weekend, just kind of hoped it would be here. I think it will finally arrive and have no doubt about the quality of the product. Guess it just goes to show that good things come to those who wait..................... or at least I hope so.

TeddyJackEddy,

songa

nice, sounds good man. i hope you enjoy that grinder.

as for me, i finally got tracking info from dan. mine was shipped yesterday, the 18th, and is scheduled to arrive next wed, 2/25, via fedex as well. im located in boston though, so it is cross country. i dont mind the wait, just as long as i am informed! i cant wait for it to arrive =)

songa,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Wow sorry to be off topic but yet ANOTHER person in colorado! Cannot beleive how many people are on these forums from colorado.

Im getting a space case from a friend for free soon, im very excited to have such a nice keif catching grinder

Survivalism,

jklasd

hey, MNB owners, i have the 4pc classic, and i was wondering if you guys are getting alot stuck in the threads? mine as been doing it since day one and i was also wondering if anyone found a way to either stop it or to cut it back.

jklasd,

max

Out to lunch
The only time any herb can get in the threads is when you unscrew the sections. Use a small stiff brush on the threads before you screw it back together and you shouldn't have much of a problem.

max,

max

Out to lunch
Well, you have to unscrew in order to see anything in the threads, so I don't know how you can be certain it's getting in while closed/screwed. At any rate, the threads stay pretty clean on mine. I've found that my MB grinders, in general, stay clean longer than my non anodized grinders. And like whips, the more often you clean, the less will accumulate. I usually use a brush on the threads to try and salvage some crumbs, then use a rag with some ISO on it to give the threads a good cleaning.

max,

TeddyJackEddy

Hey songa. Wanted to let you know that FedEx just delivered my new Mix'n'Ball 5 piece grinder. I am sure yours is on the way and hopefully will arrive soon. Good luck.

TeddyJackEddy,

songa

nice teddy, how do you like it so far?

also quick question if someone doesnt mind me asking, what exactly is the 'anodizing' process and which brands other than mixnball currently anodize their grinders? does space case anodize?

thanks

songa,

jklasd

thanks max. i think it may be possible i got a defective one. i believe i read spiral mention he also got bits in the thread. because its newer and haven't been used a whole lot(i believe i though an 8th at the most through it), i dont think its time for a cleaning yet.

jklasd,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
It's not likely defective. That is just part of a grinder. Weed will always get stuck in places.

One thing that really helps is making sure your stuff is screwed together really tight (not too tight). ;)

SpiralArchitect,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
*NEW PICKUP*
http://www.vaporizerdealer.com/coll...s/2-25-4pcs-cnc-chromium-crusher-herb-grinder

soon it shall arrive. Spiral linked me a lil while ago to that grinder^ and it seems with the teeth on the wall it will give an even grind with a nice ass load of keif to go with it :cool: epically how the holes are made it seems it will produce an epically fine grind...awesome for the ;pd;

one of my buddies had one of those grinders a couple months ago...he said the shit rocked :brow: At any rate I'm excited to have a keif catching grinder vs. a shitty no name 2PC. grinder :D

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Sick dude. Let us know when it arrives. I'm excited to hear about the changes in the Chromium. Hope you still got your camera around cuz I'll be *demanding* some hi-res shots.

SpiralArchitect,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
your demands are at my will master :bowdown:

still got the camera...getting a new hurricane dti600 soon as well :brow:

it kills me grinding this herb without the screen...oh well

Hennessy1414,

max

Out to lunch
Hennessy1414 said:
*NEW PICKUP*
http://www.vaporizerdealer.com/coll...s/2-25-4pcs-cnc-chromium-crusher-herb-grinder

soon it shall arrive. Spiral linked me a lil while ago to that grinder^ and it seems with the teeth on the wall it will give an even grind with a nice ass load of keif to go with it :cool: epically how the holes are made it seems it will produce an epically fine grind...awesome for the ;pd;

one of my buddies had one of those grinders a couple months ago...he said the shit rocked :brow: At any rate I'm excited to have a keif catching grinder vs. a shitty no name 2PC. grinder :D

So far, from the little use I've given mine, I'd say it's the best grinder on the market FOR THE MONEY. The holes are actually huge, although fewer than the norm, so it's nothing special as far as a fine grind.

max,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
:horse: kind beat down my hopes....I'll still get keifz none the less :brow:

and if u grind a dry-ish nuggets it usually crumbles up quite nicley in the grinder

me=:D

Hennessy1414,

max

Out to lunch
Yeah, dry herb is a breeze for pretty much any grinder. The CNC Crusher, although it has large holes, has fewer of them than other grinders, so you still get a pretty fine grind since the herb gets hit by more teeth before it encounters a hole. And you can always put it through a 2nd time. I really haven't had much of a selection to test on this new model. The screen isn't super fine, but it does pass less through the screen than some others. OTOH, a fine screen gives you a higher quality kief. All things considered, I like this model and I think it's a great deal for the money. My 2.2" was only $17 w/free shipping-an incredible price for this quality.

max,

TeddyJackEddy

Wanted to post a follow up about my new Mix'n'Ball grinder that arrived last Friday. Headed out of town for the weekend with the new grinder and found I had a problem. I had ordered the 5 piece grinder and the upgraded threaded attachment. It arrived with the threaded attachment already screwed together with the grinder. The only problem was I could not unscrew the parts. After I got home I emailed Dan at Mix'n'Ball about the problem and within a few minutes he called me!! Really surprised. He gave me a few tricks to try; banging the grinder on a table to see if they would unscrew, putting the grinder in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes and then trying again. No luck with either.

Dan asked that I email him and let him know if these worked or not. Have not heard back so far, but at least he did call me directly to talk about the problem. I'm confident he will get back to me at some point.

My only question was why they screwed everything together BEFORE shipping? Not sure why they would do that since they seem to understand that this can cause a problem. They even have a video explaining why this happens during shipping and how to solve it (see 2 ideas above). I just figured they would put the grinder in the box along with the threaded adaptor, but NOT put them together.

Have not used the grinder yet due to the problem and didn't want to mess anything up. I'll let everyone know how this works out. At least my chromiun crusher still works.

TeddyJackEddy,

max

Out to lunch
Have you tried using one (or two) of those rubber pads that are used for unscrewing tightly screwed on jars? I've had a time or two when I had trouble unscrewing my Triple Screen. I used one of those for a better grip once and it broke free pretty easily.

max,
Top Bottom