Herb Grinders

GoldenBud

MOFM (Mistake Of The Month) : Gave away my Medtainer, and now I need it
Any recommendation which is quite similar like the Medtainer but bigger? is there another size/company who makes it?

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

RolingStoned
It was super cheap 9$ Medtainer from Amazon, which is unavailable now. But you got it right, thanks, they got some S&B Grinder in like 9.5$, so that will work for me, because i just need the grinder and not the "Storage unit"

GoldenBud,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
LoL...The old-school 2 nickels in a pill-bottle always works if you have nothing else!

Ramahs,

CANtalk

... I used that new Vivosun / Kozo grinder for the first time today, in three piece setup (no separate kief collection chamber) and I like it so far. It will tie me over very nicely until I get serious about a grinder.
FCEH0RKXnhTwGKKWraYX3IIVMDMMj-47vWsvQoHLkWFWLdu1qzssXL0hcq6j2ibd4M5suV9G=s0-d-e1-ft

GeZ2yQZIXIsb7MNxqbL0S9gvf9R511jd-60s8FQ31nNnZxc3YQnPxTunPbxBku6NKy8HHOQcNoENsg=s0-d-e1-ft
xiaJ6MRYfgo6VwG0J9MRCf0BFzqUUT8I26BIyAy1UZig-KgTcMI8BRY9Z11i8Pk99VBzUMSuSCsT=s0-d-e1-ft

I've used the new Kozo / Vivosun grinder many more times now (I fresh grind pretty much every bowl on demand) so here's some more specific feedback.

I'm really impressed :2c:. The magnet is strong, the teeth are sharp and the grinder is smooth and quite effortless. It's a good grind consistency and medium to medium/coarse overall. I like and appreciate the smooth tapered bottom chamber in use much more than I thought it would... it allows me to use my fingers to completely clean out the bottom chamber when loading a bowl and helps prevent that chamber from getting sticky with kief residue over time. I'm happily using the grinder in 3 piece configuration (no separate kief collection).

Having a new grinder has been a big upgrade from my old one and experience. I really like this
EYJTsA1KaR1UfdGG3Kch5QYK4rKDx9iF0m2s-vSmxToQpr36j6-rwjEwErh45vG0b_KPQfQDXYI=s0-d-e1-ft
. Especially the price too (was $17 US on Amazon) :o. It has me thinking, instead of buying an expensive grinder I really like the idea of getting a new inexpensive grinder every few years and recycling the old one. It keeps the grinder new/fresh and one can simply recycle the old one whenever (e.g. when wear/erosion is detected). It's very nice to keep it fresh, high-functioning and one can change things up for some variety to, etc. So far so good, and this one I highly recommend for the price.

Have a great weekend.

GeZ2yQZIXIsb7MNxqbL0S9gvf9R511jd-60s8FQ31nNnZxc3YQnPxTunPbxBku6NKy8HHOQcNoENsg=s0-d-e1-ft
xiaJ6MRYfgo6VwG0J9MRCf0BFzqUUT8I26BIyAy1UZig-KgTcMI8BRY9Z11i8Pk99VBzUMSuSCsT=s0-d-e1-ft

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I ordered a Crown grinder 4/20 and received it today. The packaging was the nicest I’ve seen for a grinder, not that it matters much but it was a nice touch. Both the medium and fine plate are included but I had an additional fine plate for some reason, bonus!

I gave it a warm soapy bath and let it dry. For its maiden voyage I used the fine plate and fed it .97 grams of cannabis. It’s incredibly easy to load without teeth getting in the way. The grinding went very smoothly, there is very little resistance. I applied only the slightest bit of pressure as I wiggled the lid back and forth and my material was ground quicker than I expected based on the design. I let the magnet do most of the work. First impressions have been great!

C265-F7-A2-ADFB-41-DA-AAEF-C8077-F24-C1-B1.jpg

C0-B8-B664-F124-4-DB3-BAF5-8-CA8863-E1-A9-E.jpg

DEFFB971-EA01-4-D90-9-EBA-025894-FA1747.jpg

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Thanks for sharing @Vapor_Eyes
Nice looking grinder. Any chance you can take pic of both grinds? - curious to see how different they are. (From what I can see, it doesn’t look very fine, but could just be lack of perspective from my part.)

No worries if you can’t, just figured I’d ask.
Thanks!
You’re correct in that it’s not very fine, more of a medium-fine which is exactly what I was looking for. It’s nice and fluffy too.

I happened to have two more buds that weighed .97 grams so I used the medium plate with those. It doesn’t look that much more coarse than the fine grind but vaping it with my E-Nano I can definitely tell a difference, it behaves like a standard medium grind while the material ground with the fine plate extracts faster.

Edit: in person it didn’t look that different but looking at the pictures now I can definitely see the difference in consistency.

CF03-A058-5152-457-C-80-A2-D132-BC10-DEDA.jpg

BC37-BD0-A-8-CBE-42-B2-9-D48-F896-D3336-A6-B.jpg

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Vapor_Eyes – Thanks for the pics & infos! I actually like how consistent the grind looks. Can you tell us what it's like to work with it, esp. how long it takes until the grind is done? I saw 420Vapezone / @ohmygodimsohigh comparing the Crown with other grinders and he seemed to have a bit of a hard time with it.

Is the kief catcher screen removable?
I saw the same video and I think I know the problem. In the video he was doing full rotations of the lid, but this isn’t a traditional grinder and works better just slightly wiggling it back and forth maybe 1/4 turn. He was trying to test each grinder equally so I see what he was going for but that isn’t how it is supposed to be used according to the manufacturer, they have several videos on Instagram under flowermillusa. They also recommend very light pressure, too much can cause issues.

The first amount took 10 seconds or less to grind and almost zero effort. Surprisingly the medium plate took longer than the fine, maybe 15 seconds. In a traditional 2-piece it takes longer to grind finer but with this design the fine plate has more holes so that might be why it processes material faster.

Edit: @Siebter it has a unique feel when working with it. The best way to describe it is like using a normal grinder while empty. It is like turning a dial or volume knob, easy to get started and consistent resistance. Once a traditional grinder is loaded that first twist is like opening a jar, it takes a lot of initial torque and then it takes less effort once moving. With the Crown you don’t have that and are never fighting against teeth or a blade, it’s more like grating a soft, dry, crumbly cheese. I have some very high potency GMO Cookies curing that I am going to torture test it with later. The kief catcher screen is removable but you will be reducing the capacity significantly and there will be exposed threading. They posted a few days ago that they will be relaunching soon with a three piece option.

Last edited:

verdampersweats

All grinders gunk up, Thats the test of a good one. My Spacecase is going on 4yrs old i guess and i have yet to clean it no joke and it works.

The Kief screen is the only thing that seems.to require maintenance as mine so clogged kief will not pass until it builds in lumps on the other side then falls in chunks. What a machine!!!

Snooppossum

Hi, hope this is the right place for this, but I'm wondering if anyone can compare the grind size/consistency of the herb ripper, the Santa Cruz shredder, and the brilliant cut grinders?

I currently have the BC grinder with the fine plate but I just got a couple new convection vapes that don't like the fine grind as much due to poor airflow. So I want to find out which of these grinders makes the best version of that fluffy grind for when you need to be able to pull a lot of air through the herb but also need it relatively fine for even and full extraction.

These 3 seem to be the best for this purpose but does the SCS still hold the title for fluff king after all these years or does the herb ripper do it better? I hear the medium plate for the BC grinder is nothing to sleep on either and that way I could just buy the plate and upgrade my grinder as opposed to replacing it...soooo many options.

I highly appreciate ANY help or info you guys could give me to make this easier, thanks for your time!

EDIT: ohh man now that m seeing the comments about the crown roiel or herb mill or whatever and it too looks amazing....help!

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I don't hesitate to tell you I prefer my SCS grind over BCG (full set). No matter the plates used, I prefer the SCS.

That said, the BCG does provide a great grind with any plate and threadless operation (easier to use, less maintenance to keep residue out of threads). I am of the few that does not put BCG as the best of the best, take my opinion with a grain of salt. The only appeal I have to it is that its finish collects less residue than nearly any other grinder, therefor is practically zero maintenance.

Top Bottom