Herb Grinders

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I just ordered my SC 2pc (small) the other day. Ive been using my trusty ole Vapeworld special that I got when I bought an Iolite many moons ago (and its still working like a champ)

I just wanted a 2pc so I could get my grind a little finer than I am able to with the 4pc I have now. (That and not have it gum up as much)

Cant wait to join the ranks of SC owners!

AGBeer,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I just picked up a medium SC 2 piece on EBay for $29 shipped.

Tstat,

EntRance

max said:
There are a lot of knockoff Space Cases around, some even try to charge you the same as a real deal.
Can you expand on that statement? The Chromium Crusher has a design that's very similar to the SC as far as teeth and holes, but it's an alloy (much heavier) and is labeled with the CC name, so I don't consider it a knockoff. Other brand name grinders are less similar, and also usually sport the brand name on the grinder. The generics I've seen don't really try to look like a SC, and they're not nearly as pricey as SC, so I'm confused by what you mean as "knockoff". A few other brand names are high priced like SC, but they're not close in design and the companies are proud of their products, so they wouldn't be considered knockoffs. Good quality grinders are plentiful these days. You really don't have to worry about getting ripped off as long as you deal with reputable vendors that sell the same grinders year after year.

On Amazon stores and Ebay I've found grinders that look very similar to the Space Case design and often have a logo with slightly "wrong" wording like "Spaced Case", "Space Grinder" etc, that are often marketed in the taglines like "Original Space Case style!". Some are priced a lot cheaper, half the price of an authentic Space Case, others are similar to SC retail price! They sometimes have reviews and most of them aren't good, talking about workmanship defects, that it certainly isn't an authentic Space Case...

I was glad to have the forum to point me to reputable stores and discount codes! My Space Case Titanium 4pc arrived a little while ago, and I have to say I'm impressed. Flawless workmanship and functionality and there is a considerable difference in effect grinding up my herbs with the Space Case compared to cutting them up manually with scissors! Alas, I've still not received my "original" grinder so I guess it got lost in the mail or some such, but thanks to Jay and the GB team sending out, I'm enjoying its use now. Anyone on the fence about purchasing, I can't recommend the 4pc SpaceCase Titanium enough. Its pricey, but it has the features, quality, and (anodized) safety that make it a worthy buy for me!

EntRance,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Well, now I see why everyone loves the SC 2 piece! I just tried my new Medium and it is so much better than the junk I have been using. It just takes a few turns to get a perfect grind. With my other grinders I would get a sore wrist by the time the stuff was ground up...

Tstat,

Spacenstein

I'm looking into getting a Sharpstone grinder. I know everyone is going to turn me away from these things but I'm getting one anyways.. but other suggestions are not discouraged. I want to know where I can get an authentic, newest model, clear top grinder. I'd like to get one black 4pc, and one light blue 4pc. Also, would the parts of each grinder be interchangeable, for different color schemes? And are there/are the light blue/turquoise grinders authentic?

EDIT: I hope that doesn't sound confusing.. I just want to get an authentic Sharpstone clear top grinder... but one with a turquoise/blue top, followed by 3 black lower pieces. FYI, it's just to match my Lotus.. I think it'd be cool :)

Spacenstein,

SmokingElectricity

i decided to clean my SC Ti 3" out today because it was pretty gunked up. so i soak it in iso for 2 hours and get the remaining residue off with ease with a soft bristle tooth brush, rinse with warm water and dry immediately. after i notice some of the coating has warn off in several areas. it's only about 3 months old and it's not even my main grinder. did not expect this.

dscn0096p.jpg

dscn0097fd.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

max

Out to lunch
EntRance said:
On Amazon stores and Ebay I've found grinders that look very similar to the Space Case design and often have a logo with slightly "wrong" wording like "Spaced Case", "Space Grinder" etc, that are often marketed in the taglines like "Original Space Case style!". Some are priced a lot cheaper, half the price of an authentic Space Case, others are similar to SC retail price! They sometimes have reviews and most of them aren't good, talking about workmanship defects, that it certainly isn't an authentic Space Case...
Interesting. I've seen 'space' and/or 'case' used in eBay auction titles a lot, so the listing shows up in a search for space case, but not on the grinder itself.

SmokingElectricity said:
i notice some of the coating has warn off in several areas.
There have been other reports on the SC titanium coating not holding up. There's a plus to the coating for herb not sticking to the grinder as much, but the plain aluminum holds its looks better in the long run, and there's no real world performance difference. I still might favor the coated version in a two piece. Not much price difference and anodized coatings need cleaning less often.

max,

iamhemper

Infected said:
Anyone know how the V2 Aerospace grinder compares to say the spacecase? I'm looking at buying a new 4pc.

I ended purchasing the aerospace v2 model after I did a lot of reading. This is my 2nd grinder. My first one was an "american grinder" all metal one that I got for free when I purchased my dbv about a year ago. It was a 2.25" model and it sifted kif very well, pretty much all trichomes. I really liked the grinder but the twist action on it wasn't "smooth as glass" so I began my search for another grinder. Really more of a luxury buy considering I had a perfectly good grinder. I pretty much had settled on a large space case or the mendo mulcher, $110 and $60 respectively but had a really hard time ponying up $110 bucks for a grinder.

The aerospaced(but marketed as aerospace a lot as well) description claimed it was as good as space case. I can't tell you if it is. I would probably say no, but this was delivered for $36. It weights 1lb 1.2 oz. It's a hefty piece. This outside finish is very good. Opening the first level and looking into the area with teeth shows a lot of diamond shaped teeth as machined very well. There is also a lot of swirls from the cnc process. The 2nd level reveals a very nice and large cargo area with tight screen. There are some areas that aren't machined to total smoothness on the top edge of the third level(screen level). The kief pan is nice and large and almost 1/2 inch deep. The coupling of each level is smooth. The twist action of the unit is better than my other grinder. It rotates smoothly without any catching and is accompanied with a sound of light friction which sounds more metalic than teflon(the ring) but I wouldn't say it's as smooth as glass. It could be that larger grinders just have different tonal quality than smaller ones. I don't know but it isn't metal on metal at least in the grinder section. I don't see any shedding of aluminum from the grinder.

Overall, I'd say this is a very good grinder. It looks like it was modeled after the Space Case down to the small hump on the underside of the 2nd piece. Fit and finish on the inside is not as nice as it is on the outside of this grinder but the action is smooth and the threads are smooth to turn. If you run your fingers on the threads you will feel that the threads are not 100% smooth. I would imagine the $110 Space Case has the insides finished completely. I haven't grinded any bud in it yet but will report back when I do. I'd imagine it grinds like any other 100% CNC herb grinder. I think it's a good grinder well worth $36 delivered.

Here are some pics of it.

P1010032.jpg

P1010033.jpg

P1010034.jpg

P1010035.jpg

P1010036.jpg

edited to add: I just grinded about 2g of gdp in it. Was a little dry but the grind was nice and even. I didn't turn it upside down. Just put the bud in and turned it. Easily mulched the everything up and fell through.

iamhemper,

max

Out to lunch
Looks like Vapeworld changed their house brand grinder name from 'Aerospace' to 'Aerospaced', for some reason. I've got a 2" 4 pc. in this brand and it works well, although the finish on the threads isn't the smoothest. Another one that I bought for a gift was worse. But as far as performance, it works as well as any. Not sure why you had to pay $36. The large (3.5") 4 pc. on Vapeworld's site is only $28. They did have one called version 2 that was in the mid 30's a while back though.

I pretty much had settled on a large space case or the mendo mulcher, $110 and $60 respectively but had a really hard time ponying up $110 bucks for a grinder.
In my experience paying the big bucks isn't worth it for performance. Space Case grinders are machined to perfection, but are you gonna look at it/feel it or use it? You should get good service out of the Aero, and you saved a bunch of $.

max,

MG23

Relaxin'
I don't really feel like looking through 77 pages to find a specific answer, so I'll just ask.

Can anyone recommend a specific coffee grinder for herb? I am planning on ordering one off of ebay but I can't tell which to buy for grinding weed just by looking at them. I use a MFLB and soon a PD, so that consistency is what I'm looking for.

Also, not really looking to spend a shitload on a grinder but between $20 and $30 would be okay.

MG23,

iamhemper

max said:
Looks like Vapeworld changed their house brand grinder name from 'Aerospace' to 'Aerospaced', for some reason. I've got a 2" 4 pc. in this brand and it works well, although the finish on the threads isn't the smoothest. Another one that I bought for a gift was worse. But as far as performance, it works as well as any. Not sure why you had to pay $36. The large (3.5") 4 pc. on Vapeworld's site is only $28. They did have one called version 2 that was in the mid 30's a while back though.

I pretty much had settled on a large space case or the mendo mulcher, $110 and $60 respectively but had a really hard time ponying up $110 bucks for a grinder.
In my experience paying the big bucks isn't worth it for performance. Space Case grinders are machined to perfection, but are you gonna look at it/feel it or use it? You should get good service out of the Aero, and you saved a bunch of $.

max, This was an ebay purchase so I didn't know it was vapeworld until after the transaction. Afterwards, I noticed the large one on their site was was $28 or so. I paid $36 with free shipping so that is probably where the difference went. This is supposedly the V2. Yeah..not sure about the past tense of Aerospaced. Engrish? This thing is huge and dwarfs my 2.25 by a long shot. It weighs over a pound while my other one weighs 5oz.

iamhemper,

iamhemper

MattyGTwenty3 said:
I don't really feel like looking through 77 pages to find a specific answer, so I'll just ask.

Can anyone recommend a specific coffee grinder for herb? I am planning on ordering one off of ebay but I can't tell which to buy for grinding weed just by looking at them. I use a MFLB and soon a PD, so that consistency is what I'm looking for.

Also, not really looking to spend a shitload on a grinder but between $20 and $30 would be okay.

I believe you want one with blades instead of a burr grinder. Look on youtube. Lots of vids there, you may be able to find a specific one that way.

iamhemper,

mlo4sho

SmokingElectricity said:
ebay is flooded with fake chromium crushers right now. they look exactly like the fake titanium crusher i got a few months back, and im not talking about the new aluminum model.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-5-4pcs-Chromi...808?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb4a583c0

Hmm, are these really fake? I was just looking at those a few minutes ago in search of a new, cheap grinder. Are the old models (no longer made) that the same seller has also fake? I see the seller is describing him/herself as an 'authorized dealer'. And would I be better off ordering that 'Aerospaced' brand from VapeWorld.com? The two seem comparable in price, though I'm not sure of the quality and/or legitimacy.

mlo4sho,

SmokingElectricity

mlo4sho said:
SmokingElectricity said:
ebay is flooded with fake chromium crushers right now. they look exactly like the fake titanium crusher i got a few months back, and im not talking about the new aluminum model.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-5-4pcs-Chromi...808?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb4a583c0

Hmm, are these really fake? I was just looking at those a few minutes ago in search of a new, cheap grinder. Are the old models (no longer made) that the same seller has also fake? I see the seller is describing him/herself as an 'authorized dealer'. And would I be better off ordering that 'Aerospaced' brand from VapeWorld.com? The two seem comparable in price, though I'm not sure of the quality and/or legitimacy.

yes. got to post #1751 on page 71 of this topic for close up pics. Me personally, I'm sick of aluminum grinders. I always go back to the non aluminum crusher. they are built tough. Only complaint that some people have is they are a bit heavy because they are made of steel/zinc [but your not gonna be walking with around in your pants pocket, now are you?] all these grinders are going to do the same job. grind buds. but i'm tough on my grinders. in and out the freezer. all of my crushers are still in rotation and have held up well. quick polish and they still look brand new. can't say the same for any of the aluminum grinders i own. but hey, you might have different results. yes they are no longer made.

3,4 & 5 piece crushers.
dscn0103f.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

chucku

Charles Urbane
SmokingElectricity said:
I have a question to SC owners.

Does your SC have "made in the usa" engraved on it?

I have the medium 4 pc, medium 2 pc, 4 pc scout and pollen press. None have 'made in usa' on them. All but the pollen press have the circle r indicating registered trademark.

chucku,

SmokingElectricity

chucku said:
SmokingElectricity said:

I have the medium 4 pc, medium 2 pc, 4 pc scout and pollen press. None have 'made in usa' on them. All but the pollen press have the circle r indicating registered trademark.

ahh okay. thanks. my grinders have the register trademark engraved as well, except on my pollen press as well. i just saw that someone was selling one in the "sell you vape" thread and his had that engraved on it...

IMG_3272.JPG

SmokingElectricity,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
my small aluminum only has the R (registered) symbol on it. my black medium titanium says "made in USA."
both are two piece models.

jeffp,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
The 2 piece black medium I b ought does have the MADE IN USA engraved on it. Is it real?

Tstat,

max

Out to lunch
SmokingElectricity said:
all of my crushers are still in rotation and have held up well. quick polish and they still look brand new. can't say the same for any of the aluminum grinders i own. but hey, you might have different results.
I did. Aluminum has held up just fine for me. If it's good enough for airplanes.... IMO if there were a significant difference between the alloy used in the CC and aluminum, we'd be seeing it used in other brands.

According to the manufacturer, SC grinders have always been made in the USA, not that it matters.

max,

schwann

SmokingElectricity said:
chucku said:
SmokingElectricity said:

ahh okay. thanks. my grinders have the register trademark engraved as well, except on my pollen press as well. i just saw that someone was selling one in the "sell you vape" thread and his had that engraved on it...

IMG_3272.JPG

If you followed my link in my post, it is the newer 2011 version of the SC. Vapeworld even says that it is.

http://www.vapeworld.com/blog/new-space-case-grinder-line-for-2011-made-in-usa/

You can even look at VapeWorld's website and look at the silver space case's. They all say made in usa now.

Tstat said:
The 2 piece black medium I b ought does have the MADE IN USA engraved on it. Is it real?

This post should answer your question as well.

schwann,

schwann

mlo4sho said:
SmokingElectricity said:

No they are not fake. They are the new 2011 Chromium Crushers. The guy still has old Chromium Crushers for sale which I bought and they are legit. The new 2011 ones aren't as good IMO. The seller is the same who sold CC's in the past.

schwann,
Top Bottom