Herb Grinders

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
Pseudonymous said:
How much herb do you have to go through to get one gram of kief?
That would depend on how kiefy your herb is. It'll also depends on the mesh of your kief box / 4 piece grinder. Finer mesh = longer.

Skunkypete,

Beezleb

To all those who recommended kellys great products CNC machined grinders I thank you.

Just bought one off of ebay with a press.

I will review once I get it but I can only compare it to a space case 2 piece and I had a grinder many moons ago. The service was outstanding. So fast was the reply I thought it was automatic but due to content it was certain he wrote it. Thus far, I am impressed and wish he sold others thing I need hehe.

Beezleb,

freeman dyson

ya, i am looking for a slightly bigger grinder. mine came with da buddha. it works good but is a little small. I dont know shit about grinders. it is a 2.0 Premium Aerospace Aluminum Grinder . 63mm is 2.5 inches. mine is 2.0. it also looks shallower. is the one you just bought better than the one I have? i am looking for one in that price range. thanks

freeman dyson,

hopandstop

Beezleb said:
To all those who recommended kellys great products CNC machined grinders I thank you.

Just bought one off of ebay with a press. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300369722816

I will review once I get it but I can only compare it to a space case 2 piece and I had a grinder many moons ago. The service was outstanding. So fast was the reply I thought it was automatic but due to content it was certain he wrote it. Thus far, I am impressed and wish he sold others thing I need hehe.
They definitely have great customer service there. And please let us know how the press/grinder combo works. Been eyeing one for a while now...

hopandstop,

Beezleb

Will do.

freeman, I never seen a 7th floor grinder but I am not knowing of things grinder related really. As involved as I am with speaking about vaporizers you would think I would be more into the grinders but I only want one because I miss the kief buildup and my current on which came with my holiday vaporstar was a two piece.

For what it is worth, I have not seen anyone speak ill of the 7th floor grinders but I honestly did not follow this thread until very recently.

Beezleb,

jofroxp

Hi...yea I just ordered a Mixnball classic, 4 pc one on their website..it seems like their staff is off for christmas this whole week though...lol..

jofroxp,

Beezleb

Beezleb said:

Just bought one off of ebay with a press. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300369722816

Received it today and I really like it. It is good quality. I love the kief catcher. I also couldnt believe how fast it arrived.

The magnet is strong and everything worked how it should. It is a very nice grinder but I have limited experience with them. I am happy with it.

Beezleb,

hopandstop

Beezleb said:
Beezleb said:

Received it today and I really like it. It is good quality. I love the kief catcher. I also couldnt believe how fast it arrived.

The magnet is strong and everything worked how it should. It is a very nice grinder but I have limited experience with them. I am happy with it.
Nice! Glad you like it!

hopandstop,

FEAR420

Beez...Its not a 7th floor grinder. Its the grinder that VapeWorld gives you with Vapes over $100. Its an 50MM Aero Space 4 Piece...Its a great grinder,but like Freeman said,its a bit small for those with larger hands.

And good luck with that press...I have the Kannastor press still as that wasnt stolen with the grinder. I use it all the time to press up lil green dimes ;) Sometimes if I get really greedy,Ill let it build up,take my torch lighter & run it over the outside until its just barely warm,then PRESS,PRESS,PRESS!!!!! This makes it all nice & soft and pliable,then it turns into a nice big round cylinder of hash when it cools ;)

Oh and post 200!!!! :bigleaf:

FEAR420,

jofroxp

Yea.......I actually got an email finally, that the reason the shipping of my mix n ball is delayed.....:uhoh: :o :( is because its being shipped from china.... "sigh" Oh well I still hear good things about this piece, hope its worth the wait as always..

jofroxp,

max

Out to lunch
freeman dyson said:
So can any grinder expert here suggest a grinder that is bigger and better than the 2.0 Premium Aerospace Aluminum Grinder that came with my Buddha?

Like maybe one of these?

http://weedgrinders420.com/
The Mendo Mulcher is a really nice brand, but has two aspects I don't like- a high price and a lot of teeth. Lots of teeth makes for difficulty in loading herb. You have to break it up in really small pieces, or crush before you can grind, and that usually ends up being messy. I've found that designs with fewer teeth, like MixnBall, grind just as well, and are much easier to load. A similar design that I like is the all CNC Chromium Crusher. Unlike the original, which is the many toothed, steel/nickel (heavy) model, the CNC version is aluminum. Best deal is on eBay from seller save$4you (search CNC Chromium Crusher). You can get a 2.5" 4 pc. for $23 delivered, with a one yr. warranty. Vaporizerdealer.com also has them for $30 w/3 yrs. warranty, or a lifetime guarantee for $5 more. Personally, I would go with the eBay buy and wouldn't worry about the extra warranty.

jofroxp said:
Yea.......I actually got an email finally, that the reason the shipping of my mix n ball is delayed..... is because its being shipped from china.... "sigh" Oh well I still hear good things about this piece, hope its worth the wait as always..
I think it's worth the wait, but it may well be a lot longer wait than you'd think. I've had two Classic Screen grinders on order since 10/28. I'm surprised he's still making them available for order. He had none in stock when I ordered (even though it said 'in stock'), and has had none available since then. I've been in contact with the owner, but he won't say anything specific, other than "some changes going on, cant say much now". That quote was from back on 12/13. He has almost nothing in stock and has taken the Double Screen and pre order for the new Classic Screen off the site entirely. He's told me that he doesn't have the time to spend on MixnBall that he used to, and that's obvious, from the poor customer service that he also admits to. I'm kind of hoping that the changes he's referring to means either a partner or new owner. The products are excellent, but availability and service is poor.

Vaporstore sells most MixnBall models, and they've had no stock in anything but the MegaLeaf since well before I placed my order back in Oct. Something is really screwy with this company (MB) right now and I wouldn't advise anyone to place an order with them (Classic 2 and 4 pc. are the only ones listed as 'in stock') until this is cleared up. Your money is likely to tied up for a while. :/

max,

Beezleb

FEAR420 said:
Beez...Its not a 7th floor grinder. Its the grinder that VapeWorld gives you with Vapes over $100. Its an 50MM Aero Space 4 Piece...Its a great grinder,but like Freeman said,its a bit small for those with larger hands.

And good luck with that press...I have the Kannastor press still as that wasnt stolen with the grinder. I use it all the time to press up lil green dimes ;) Sometimes if I get really greedy,Ill let it build up,take my torch lighter & run it over the outside until its just barely warm,then PRESS,PRESS,PRESS!!!!! This makes it all nice & soft and pliable,then it turns into a nice big round cylinder of hash when it cools ;)

Oh and post 200!!!! :bigleaf:
I am gonna use a hair dryer I think to warm up a bit press I think. I am really liking it and the grinder.

Beezleb,

jofroxp

HEY GUYSSSS!!!! I JUST ORDERED A SPACE CASE 4 PC ORIGINAL......SO EXCITED! I CANCELED THE MIX.NBALL SINCE SHIPING TAKES SO FREAGING LONG.

edit:iwould change the caps but im drunk so lets selabrate the new year everybodw!

jofroxp,

jofroxp

Oh also, I got this from gratefulbuys.com...anybody else ever order from there...? I hope the customer service is good....

jofroxp,

FEAR420

jofroxp said:
Oh also, I got this from gratefulbuys.com...anybody else ever order from there...? I hope the customer service is good....
He is a known and respected member here....you should have zero issues.

FEAR420,

jofroxp

Cool beans.. thanks fear420...kinda anxious to get it since the mixnball is no where to be seen after ordering that a couple weeks ago.

jofroxp,

FEAR420

jofroxp said:
Cool beans.. thanks fear420...kinda anxious to get it since the mixnball is no where to be seen after ordering that a couple weeks ago.
No problem sir.

BeezleB...how did your little experiment go??

FEAR420,

jofroxp

Also for any space case owners, does it really matter, or last that much noticeably longer if you get a titanium versus the reg. aerospace aluminum space case uses?

"The Titanium version offers some non-stick properties, and uses an anodizing process that changes the viscosity of the aluminum, increasing it's strength by about 100% and making it dark in color. (Gratefulbuys.com)" So the titanium version is still part aluminum...mhm I would wonder why it matters or is it really just preference of color?

EDIT: hey fear420, can you tell me who the gratefulbuyowners username is? Thanks.

jofroxp,

rayski

I like the color of my sc titanium grinder. It's like an antique lavender.
Gratefulbuy-guy is "captainhits".

rayski,

jofroxp

Thanks guys...and reading back into this thread....wow..I would love to of gotten a space case that was purple looking...lol

jofroxp,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
FEAR420 said:
jofroxp said:
He is a known and respected member here....you should have zero issues.
I got mine from gratefulbuys.com. You get a discount if you go to the coupon thread and look for the code.
The shipping was a little slow - maybe a week-10 days? - but it came, and I'm very happy with the Titanium Space Case. It grinds about as fine as a coffee grinder grinds mj. (ie; not as fine as coffee grounds, but fine enough to use in most vaporizers that require a fine grind (LB, MZ, for example).

MoeOnTheMoon,

jofroxp

i saw that thread...was wondering if you could get into specifics of that discount, was it including free shipping etc. thanks

jofroxp,
Top Bottom