Herb Grinders

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I'm enjoying this 2 piece space case more every time I use it..

It is the ultimate in simple effective grinding, IMO. Have used my medium 2pc SC for 4 or 5 years now. I have a few others, and have enjoyed playing with my GR8TR vape (MANY thanks again to @waxdab23 for sending me a free larger grind plate!!! HOW SWEET IS THAT?!?!?).

But, the 2pc SC is tough to beat. No bells, whistles, screens, kief catchers or any of the rest. Easy to clean quickly with a stiff brush, or clean to damned near new with an old toothbrush and a little ISO. Worst part about it is that you may have to clean the gummy shit off the edge every month or so with your thumbnail or a decent plastic scraper.

You put your shit in, you turn, you dump. Vape all the kief with the load. You want courser? Grind less. Finer? Give it a few more turns. After a dozen or so uses you're able to customize your grind just by the feel of resistance. Could it get any simpler or effective? Don't really think so!

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Someone (@t-dub?) shared pictures years ago of a Space Case that was ruined (at least cosmetically) by PBW.
Yep . . and here it is again.

DO NOT . . . I repeat DO NOT . . use PBW on any anodized finish . . . :rip:

scti.jpg

gonzorelli777

Vape virgin
So I got some flower to sample in the 88mm Space Case...early impressions are it's awesome! Chews through any size nug effortlessly, and the kif seems to explode out of the flowers...the screen is of course perfect, I'm getting pure white kif, no plant matter at all.

I thought maybe the up-scaled size of everything might result in a chunkier grind, but I have to say the bud is shredded into a nicely broken down fluffy texture.

I friggin love this thing!

9WUr3Xd.jpg
9WUr3Xd.jpg

C62ROns.jpg

verdampersweats

Likewise! I wish that SC offered a 3 piece! Maybe it's in the works? I dislike having to buy a 4 piece and only use it as a 3 piece, but you gotta do whatcha gotta do! :lol:

I said to them people would want to mix and match colors but i never thought about a 3 part hmm. You could probably make contact and see though i would buy one and bank the kief catcher incase you want to sell it on ever.

@gonzorelli777 I noticed the kief rarely has green and im guilt of when i run low of running my finger over it to get the powder out so i can scroop. You rarely see green and when i put this in my herbo i have once saw the stuff bubble up near the heater! So this aint no green low quality pollen screen. I heard if you keep it cold or in the freezer you get even more? Try giving it a tap or two though after you grind and iso dunk it good and often. :)

verdampersweats

It's the purest kif...I really have to get a pollen press for this stuff. I'll be keeping it clean and treating it like a new baby naturally. A huge bud-munching killer baby.

I just wish the press was anodized like other sellers @space.case here is another suggestion among the curved pollen plate edges! I would probably buy a Titanium press for some reason even though i cannot see me storing it like that. I prefer it powdery and in a glass jar the purest in the pure if you will. I am not sure if i need a press or not for the storage. I plan one day to have mine produce a jar of kief from each strain and then have them as a collection.

So a year of Super Lemon Haze then another year of White Rhino etc etc. Ah dreams dreams!

gonzorelli777

Vape virgin
Never let go of your dreams :)

A jar of kief is my Everest...I can never leave it alone long enough. The mind is willing but the flesh is weak.

whdH5hF.jpg

gonzorelli777,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

verdampersweats

Never let go of your dreams :)

A jar of kief is my Everest...I can never leave it alone long enough. The mind is willing but the flesh is weak.

whdH5hF.jpg

In Ireland a jar of kief is the real pot of gold but it is the sheer risk of the Gardai kicking your door down and taking away mount Everest. I could never let it go i would be like a rabid Gollum! I am always running out though and going into it i have not managed to ever save more than a gram or two of this SC kief. An example would be i have about 5g of bud left 1g of kief but im 3 weeks away from payday and i vape 3.5g a week. So l always end up resorting to the kief or AVB chocolates lol.

One day though im going to full my Gnar jar with kief, And the lid with oil which is around 2 ounces of kief and 7G of oil. One day rodders one day as Del boy says lmao.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I have been collecting my space case grinder kief for about a year or more now. I store it in a jyarz satchmo. I had a really nice stash going for a while but started to dig into deep a while a back. I plan to fill the container full.
I don't separate strains tho, just a big kief gumbo. It is some serious funk. My medium space case has not had the kief tray emptied this whole year I think. Caked up.
I have a couple different size presses. I press some up and hear the press in a oven on low heat for a while. Then cool down and retighten press for a while longer.

Nowadays I just do kief sandwiches in between herb instead of pressing into hash.

You can freeze bud/ put your grinder in the freezer, but it degrades the quality of the herb. I would only do this with lower quality stuff you don't care about too much.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Yeah, as far as I understand it, freezing your grinder or putting a coin in the storage chamber above the kief screen only increases the amount of plant matter in the kief chamber, not actual kief. There's no special "trick" to getting more kief other than grinding higher quality material.

I actually prefer just collecting a very small amount of the best kief possible from each grinding session. It takes longer to build up but it is a very high quality kief.

I prefer my kief to come from a mixture of strains, it is a less pure flavor but more interesting in my opinion. And the effect tends to be much stronger in my experience.

Both the Space Case and the SLX have small mesh, high quality kief screens. I have heard the SCS screens have switched to a larger mesh size over time but I have never used one so I can't say for sure.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Yep . . and here it is again.

DO NOT . . . I repeat DO NOT . . use PBW on any anodized finish . . . :rip:

scti.jpg

Hate seeing that ugly pic every time you post it, but thanks for the PSA! PBW for glass only here at my place. I don't even soak my SC in ISO too much. If it is REALLY gummed up, I pour a little into each side and let it sit for 15 minutes. Usually, just dip an old toothbrush in my often used brown ISO, and scrub a little bit. Rinse with hot water, dry and all good.

Likewise! I wish that SC offered a 3 piece! Maybe it's in the works? I dislike having to buy a 4 piece and only use it as a 3 piece, but you gotta do whatcha gotta do! :lol:

Must admit, I do kind of like the 3 piece functionality of my GR8TR, but I still love little bowls and trays. They can be had for real cheap on eBay or at any local resale/junk shop. I've got quite a collection. Any I've purchased over past few years are a little larger than my 2 pc SC. So, just grind, dump and give it a tap or two to get out most everything. If I want to get every last crumb of kief, I just use my little stiff paintbrush. Works great for me, and honestly don't see the need to make it any more difficult or save kief for later.

I kind of like the fancy antique ones like this, but any old small flatter bowl with a smooth edge (as opposed to scalloped edge) works great. I've got them with birds, flowers, custom made for Free Masons and even have a rectangular set with turned out corners that has different insects on each one. Think I picked that set of 6 for $5 at a resale shop and gifted away the ones I didn't want.

f939af482ada95d91c024d17691f8884.jpg

verdampersweats

I have been collecting my space case grinder kief for about a year or more now. I store it in a jyarz satchmo. I had a really nice stash going for a while but started to dig into deep a while a back. I plan to fill the container full.
I don't separate strains tho, just a big kief gumbo. It is some serious funk. My medium space case has not had the kief tray emptied this whole year I think. Caked up.
I have a couple different size presses. I press some up and hear the press in a oven on low heat for a while. Then cool down and retighten press for a while longer.

Nowadays I just do kief sandwiches in between herb instead of pressing into hash.

You can freeze bud/ put your grinder in the freezer, but it degrades the quality of the herb. I would only do this with lower quality stuff you don't care about too much.

I do the same man in a black Jyarz Satchmo everything from the black market goes in. It is a real mix of leftovers from Amnesia, Dutch Dragon god knows what else but damm its potent if you never tried oil! And do you see it being blonde in color? I certainly do its blonde and every so slighty bubbles with enough heat! I would have mine filled in a year though maybe not it is not risky having it all left in there instead of doing an empty now and again? For me this is when the screen needs cleaned botth half is dunked in iso and the top half has never been cleaned in nearly 2 years. It still does not stick!

Also @biohacker those SCS people would not even reply to me in an email about wanting spare gaskets/rings. If they made the mesh bigger then i am glad now i went with Space Case no offence to anyone out there but the way they take care of people is great i can attest to that now personally! And if you get this 3PC it will be a lifetime purchase without a mesh!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Awesome photo. I think I'm going to have to try one soon.
I really don't like the in your face branding though especially on the bottom. If it was just the big slx on the lid, wouldn't be so bad.

I will level with ya. My SLX has been used 400+ times & you know how many times i have looked at the bottom? If I am generous it is 5-10 times at absolute best. Don't sweat it, just do it :2c:.

Sweet little bowl @flotntoke. I always grind & dump in a bowl. Just the way it always has & always will be. I had a beautiful cut crystal one for years & was devastated when I broke it. It only cost $0.50 from a thrift store but I kept that bowl a good 10+ years. Keeping my eyes open for a little bowl with a lid like a fancy butter dish or sugar bowl now.

Last edited:

stonedbob

100% THC
Awesome photo. I think I'm going to have to try one soon.
I really don't like the in your face branding though especially on the bottom. If it was just the big slx on the lid, wouldn't be so bad.
i dont like it either, but you never flip your grinder upside down... one of the best features of the SLX is that screen that comes off the grinder.
also, the screen is great, i didnt grind more than a gram since i got it and yet, i collected good amount of kief... great quality of product...
you should try it! its great!

027ac95cf3.jpg

ff657d1db9.jpg

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I will level with ya. My SLX has been used 400+ times & you know how many times i have looked at the bottom? If I am generous it is 5-10 times at absolute best. Don't sweat it, just do it :2c:.

Sweet little bowl @flotntoke. I always grind & dump in a bowl. Just the way it always has & always will be. I had a beautiful cut crystal one for years & was devastated when I broke it. It only cost $0.50 from a thrift store but I kept that bowl a good 10+ years. Keeping my eyes open for a little bowl with a lid like a fancy butter dish or sugar bowl now.

eBay is a great source. Do searches on small finger bowl; small salt dish; small jewelry dish and similar. They are listed all sorts of ways. Then just click on vintage or antique when filtering.

If I were going for crystal, I'd check these out. Looks like they are smooth inside, and I'm a sucker for the gilded edge on these or fine china/ceramics. Plus, you have a backup just in case anything happens to one! I'm sure there are similar down in Oz.

Top Bottom