Herb Grinders

gonzorelli777

Vape virgin
My aqua blue medium 4pc Space Case arrived today! Yayayaya! I fugured it would take at least another week. Irish mail services are crazily unreliable outside of Dublin. But there it was, hurrah!

It is beautiful. No words needed really, it's everything I hoped for. Smooth as silk to unscrew, perfect screen, perfect size for my hands, shreds bud up nicely.

My mission to upgrade my facilities for my favourite way to relax/medicate is nearing completion! New box, new tray, new grinders...all I need is more grinders (naturally), a container, a pollen press, and I'm sure I'll find something else too...But up next, my first vape!!

5xDofUI.jpg

ffgvwcQ.jpg

5mQuyd4.jpg

Last edited:

snackmaster

Something new I stumbled upon in the great herb forests of Google!

Boomer's Stainless Steel Herb Grinder

stainless-pot-grinder.jpg

Hear ye hear ye. Introducing our new 100 % Boomer's Stainless Steel Grinder. Yet another kick ass product from Wacky Bags that is fit for a king. Never struggle with broken grinder teeth ever again, never worry about doping your grinder or breaking it in any way. This ultra durable build will put your mind at ease knowing this grinder will be the last grinder you ever need to purchase. As mentioned this 100 % stainless steel design has some very finely honed near raiser sharp teeth to grind whatever you want. Click on image to see video. Sorry no video of grinder in action...I know?

http://www.wackywillysweb.com/search.php

Looks interesting! I've always wondered why no one makes a metal grinder in that acrylic style.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Something new I stumbled upon in the great herb forests of Google!

Boomer's Stainless Steel Herb Grinder

stainless-pot-grinder.jpg

Hear ye hear ye. Introducing our new 100 % Boomer's Stainless Steel Grinder. Yet another kick ass product from Wacky Bags that is fit for a king. Never struggle with broken grinder teeth ever again, never worry about doping your grinder or breaking it in any way. This ultra durable build will put your mind at ease knowing this grinder will be the last grinder you ever need to purchase. As mentioned this 100 % stainless steel design has some very finely honed near raiser sharp teeth to grind whatever you want. Click on image to see video. Sorry no video of grinder in action...I know?

http://www.wackywillysweb.com/search.php

MMMMMMMM. Heavy! I thought I didn't need another grinder, but a stainless 2 pc? Hmmm. Off to check price & availability. :)

EDIT: $95? That's CA, right? Around $70 USD I'll have to think about. FWIW, at $50 USD I would ahve already purchased it.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
MMMMMMMM. Heavy! I thought I didn't need another grinder, but a stainless 2 pc? Hmmm. Off to check price & availability. :)

EDIT: $95? That's CA, right? Around $70 USD I'll have to think about. FWIW, at $50 USD I would ahve already purchased it.
I agree that's on the pricier side but considering it's stainless steel and not aluminum that actually sounds like a great deal to me! I watched the video and they say you can just wash it in the dishwasher!

I'm happy with my two grinders, and I have one more on the way, and still somehow GrAS is starting to take hold. The tooth design of the Boomer reminds me of the Medtainer I used to have, which actually produced a really nice fluffy grind. I just wasn't a fan of the plastic design. But stainless steel is pretty awesome in my book! There's no need to anodize or coat it in anyway to avoid black dust...

I do wonder how resistant it will be to sticking and locking up without any coating.

biohacker

@steama fuck yeah nice find! I'm not one for 2 piece grinders but in this case i'm making the exception! I LOVE the grind that the S&B plastic one produces, but hate all the broken bits of teeth/plastic so ruled it out eons ago, not to mention how it can't be really cleaned with ISO (even though if careful it can be).

This is like the S&B on steroids in stainless! I don't mind the price and love supporting canadian products, especially out of BC! GrAS in full effect!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
...I do wonder how resistant it will be to sticking and locking up without any coating.

THANK YOU! Hadn't even thought about that. I have a couple of the orange acrylic ones around (from S&B supposedly). I like the grind well enough, but the best thing about those are they are plastic so nice for air travel. I beat the hell out of one of them in Jamaica :D, and it's still going strong. It ripped through all kinds of stuff pretty well and left me with a decent grind for vapor and good grind for joints. Yeah, I know.... but only time in Jamaica so I had to have at least a spliff a day! I bought a 5 pack of them on sale somewhere a while back and have also gifted a couple to friends. Only one report of a broken tooth, but neither of them grind too much.

For those of us that prefer a 2 piece, I think this design might be a little easier to get everything out in one dump with no brush. Going to play with my acrylic a bit this week and see if I can make a comparison. Honestly haven't used it much at home with a stash I have a little more time and control with. The several things I picked up in Jamaica were of different moisture, density, type, etc. And, didn't dare bring a crumb of it back.

Whoever is taking the plunge, please let us know here!

biohacker

I wonder what the integrity will be like when you knock the 2 pieces together to get the grinds out, which is something I like doing. I also noticed alot of "scratch marks" on the teeth?

I'll be pulling the trigger quite certainly, with a few other GrAS ones (sharptone crank, blackleaf crank, zeus bolt), since my strain acquisition syndrome is finally in check (have well over 100 now I do believe :D) and VAS is also in remission so now it's time to spend on GrAS! Only bummer is that I still can't indulge for a month or two, which kinda sucks, but boy oh boy will I be ready when I return! I think i've stocked a year's worth of meds now!

rodders83

@steama thanks for the link! It seems they have a lot of things i really like the look of like the 19mm pollen press or the little stamps. I have asked about them the shipping is stupid though almost the same price as the damm item!

Works with sharpstones as well so you can stamp faces and logos on your 19mm kief . I am undecided if it would be another bling thing or actually useful. It will depends on what we can do about the shipping. Unless someone wants to get some in the USA and send me one? I would pay of course they are nearly 7 dollars but there is a minimum order of 20 dollars.

Last edited:

biohacker

Such a shame the lift didn't live up to the hype. I've had an slx and it doesnt gum up as easy as my other grinders. I find that even using my hands you are going to smash trichs pulling the nugs apart

The Lift is another great Canadian company that I think is really good for those with issues with their hands/wrists, without being overly concerned about the grind consistency. It's great for tobacco with their different sized grind plates, but for me anything but the fine plate was completely useless, coming from a medium-coarse fan too. It definitely was the easiest grinder to use, but that slicing action did muck up the blade quickly and the consistency sucked for this herb grinder snob. It's great for its niche market, but yeah overall the hype didn't meet my expectations that's forsure, so I had to take a loss (as usual).

Now that i'm finally in the last stages of tweaking my VAS and SAS, I just need to complete a few more moves (sales) and then i'm on my way to finish my GrAS! The SLX not gumming up is quite attractive, but i'm just not sold on the grind consistency which is the most important criteria for me. Everyone is different with their experiences and perception, but i'm just not convinced based on what i've seen so far. Still could change though as when the facts change, I change.

Really looking forward to zoning in on some new cool grinder toys and dialing it down to a few so I can spend some more money on toys! What a fun hobby! GrAS is what i'm zoning in on next!

biohacker

I know you guys are used to your fancy shmancy odd threaded arthritis grinders but here's a video of PenSimple's grinder if you ever saw it and was curious about it.

That's what the Grasshopper should have been like! :lol:

I'm in for the extremely nice poker tool, and fancy shmancy micro usb cable, bout i'm out for the grinder!

Thanks for sharing that! Kinda dig the music!

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
That's what the Grasshopper should have been like! :lol:

I'm in for the extremely nice poker tool, and fancy shmancy micro usb cable, bout i'm out for the grinder!

Thanks for sharing that! Kinda dig the music!
Thanks.

I'm in for the dispenser with the grinder taken out. I just purchased it so I didn't have to touch so much herb when loading bowls.

I'm hoping for some really good improvements over its next couple generations.

biohacker

I'm in for the dispenser with the grinder taken out. I just purchased it so I didn't have to touch so much herb when loading bowls.

Fantastic idea...looked pretty decent for that! I don't like touching herb either because I get hives from time to time if I touch my inner forearm or neck or something after handling herb, so I can see the value to that.

It's a good time to be alive, in some ways! Cool device for a dispenser indeed, direct to bowl! Reminds me of the Chewy a bit.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
My SCS 3 piece just took a tumble off a shelf above my head (so above 6 feet) onto a tiled floor. Empty, thankfully.

Anyway, once i finally found the lid, which flew off like shrapnel, there was only the slightest indentation on the edge. It didn't even chip off the coating, and it still turns ultra smoothly.

Very impressed with the build and toughness. I also suspect that if it was full i wouldn't have lost much material as the bottom remained firmly screwed shut, so only what was thrown out of he holes would have been lost.

I'm not suggesting the scs is better than any other brand, just these solid metal grinders are certainly built tough, it seems.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I'm actually liking the grindervac as a possible weeklong portable. Was not looking for a grinder early on.:sherlock: Just a container.

The materials stay in the grinder in the center and need to be pushed out to the tray area with the provided pick to get at. But that might be a huge plus for windy conditions or if you want to keep the tray clear for the materials that are to be grinded later.

The lock mechanism doesn't seem to lock the top in any fashion perhaps more of a create an airlock with the seal created by the wall area. :hmm:

The seal is not a supertight grip as it suggests by the edge where you grip with. Kinda loosy and they want you to turn it open/closed as shown in the lit.. The seal doesn't lock in any fashion and relies on the wall to create a seal. I might get in the habit of closing it and then locking the cap to perhaps tighten the seal.

Otherwise it seems well behaved. Do want to find out how water/weather resistant it is with the cap closed. It is supposed to be a tightvac.the grind is like a med- coarse which is fine for my needs and perhaps easier to work with in an expedition. It is the size of a hocky puck. btw.
gv-bk-open1.jpg
GRINDERVAC-INSTRUCTION-1.jpg

GRINDERVAC -The Only Vacuum Sealed Grinder Container!

Last edited:

little maggie

I've been trying various grinders for a while and now only using the SLX and interplanetary grinders and stopped using the others: lift, spacecase, santa cruz and others. I find that the interplanetary is even a bit better than the SLX in terms of clogging. Just wanted to add my updated opinion.

biohacker

Interesting, I think I need to give the interplanetary some more thought now! How do you find the SLX grind consistency (specifically fluff) compared to the SCS, which is its strong point and my biggest concern for a grinder before ease of use/maintenance.

So happy my VAS is in remission now that i've cut the cord and can finally put more focus on the fun of grinders!

zor

On a whim, I bought an SLX 2.4 2.0 whatever. Got it a week ago and it has been wonderful! Great grind for my needs, easy to clean, very little effort required to shred even the stickiest shit I have.

My only dislike is how the screen inside clatters around a bit, I've gotten kief stuck along the ridges and sides. More of an annoyance than anything else. Love the short profile too!

Edit: I typo correction .

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Anyone tried this grinders?? https://www.shapegrinders.com/

They are so f..ing beautifull... not sure about the quality (looks like made in USA - oregon)

They also sell on etsy, with lots of different style (UV reactive also!!) looks a super gift for my girl ^_^ https://www.etsy.com/it/shop/ShapeGrinders?ref=l2-shopheader-name

From the website...
FEATURES
• Made from High-Grade Aluminum Rod
• Rare Neodymium Earth Magnets
• Precision Engineered - Diamond-Cut Teeth
• Convertible Design, Switch to Pocket-Size on the Go
• Smooth Anodized Finish Resists Wear and Smudge

Rare neodymium earth magnets eh.....

little maggie

On a whim, I bought an SLX 2.4 2.0 whatever. Got it a week ago and it has been wonderful! Great grind for my needs, easy to clean, very little effort required to shred even the stickiest shit I have.

My only dislike is how the screen inside clatters around a bit, I've gotten kief stuck along the ridges and sides. More of an annoyance than anything else. Love the short profile too!

Edit: I typo correction .
I took out the kief screen and nothing clatters anymore. I never collect enough kief to matter.
As for the grind of this and the interplanetary compared to the SCS- I turn them upside down to grind and both produce an even grind a bit better than the SCS.

Prolusio

Anyone tried this grinders?? https://www.shapegrinders.com/

They are so f..ing beautifull... not sure about the quality (looks like made in USA - oregon)

They also sell on etsy, with lots of different style (UV reactive also!!) looks a super gift for my girl ^_^ https://www.etsy.com/it/shop/ShapeGrinders?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Woah those look awesome! That UV fish one really has my eye.. I guess they're silver but in the sunlight they go all prismatic? Neat design; wonder what the grind is like? Might have to get one and find out.

Rare neodymium earth magnets eh.....

Nice catch; that is a weird way to say it!... Jumbled up "neodymium Rare-earth magnets" so it sounds like they're advertising rare/special magnets, and no mention of earth?! Space magnets :shrug: :lol:.

Top Bottom