Herb Grinders

biohacker

Probably not MFFG fine, but the Kannastor Vape GR8TR produces the finest grind i've ever seen, especially with dry well cured buds. Regardless, finer isn't always better IMO, in fact I personally can't stand fine grinds. Just more particulate instead of the pure good stuff in the vapour. And some vapes simply aren't great with finer grinds. I'm with @snackmaster:

Depends on the vape and personal preference.

:tup:

FWIW:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pure-convection-to-grind-or-not-to-grind.9792/

OyVape

Can you use an old fashioned manual crank coffee grinder? I'm still recovering from a broken wrist plus arthritis and normal hand grinders are still a strain to use. It seems the small herb grinders with cranks are not reliable but maybe the OG coffee grinder would be more durable...anyone here tried this?

biohacker

I really like my Zeus Vortex, the crank is a dream and cleaning is essentially never required. The grind is quite coarse though, but I like it for some vapes. The thing I hate about it is that sometimes little buds will "spin" around as I turn the crank and never get ground! Drives me nuts, but overall I yearn for the SCS "fluff" as i've never experienced that type of consistency and even grind in a vape before. I sold it a while back because I was all about the fine grind, but have evolved since then since my lungs can't handle fine, and prefer the taste of medium coarse.

Black Leaf has a decent looking crank on GrassCity. I only do cranks with "screw down tops" and it's the only other one I know of that isn't the Zeus Vortex.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Guys, will all due respect, wanting a herb grinder that doesn't need to be ISO cleaned is silly. Don't your herb vaporizers get dirty?

Yeah and it is pretty annoying, why I have come to prefer vapes that use glass stems and on demand vapes so cleaning is extremely minimal. I went a long time before cleaning my first scs, and then I did it seemed to get dirty all over again quickly... The SLX does not, so while sure a quick iso shake and water rinse, then hot air dry, are easy enough, I always would rather procrastinate any cleaning (probably part of why session conduction vapes became very unappealing to me), multiple vapes helps lol

• Deeper bottom collection chamber. Got it.
  • New threading is already on the list. So well get that handled.
  • A new hole design is also on the list.
Any thing else? Literally. Anything. No matter how small or big.

Nice! I'd also suggest rounding the edges of the bottom collection chamber as well if there not already. And personally I would rather the central magnet post be in the main section instead of the lid if possible... Definitely definitely better holes for me too, smaller more consistent, I really like the SLX holes (obv I like almost everything about the SLX). Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Based on my interpretation of posts in this thread, it seems like the most popular grinders for at least several months now have been SLX, GR8TR, and Santa Cruz Shredder. Of these 3, I've only used SCS.

All three of these grinders have male lids. Interpret that however you want.

I don't know what you mean by male lids? GR8TR has male lid, meaning center post with magnet is in the lid, but the other two have it reversed which I prefer... Also I have all three of these grinders now, nice to see things in person, then you know what works best for you

And yeah my SLX has zero trouble with moist dense nugs, I don't do dry, but I also don't overload and always break small nugs placed in between the teeth closer to the center anyway. Just keep turning upside down and it all gets an even fine grind. For me so far it has been easy to take care of doing what I'd do with the SCS, only better because it is less maintenance and losing less kief etc. But I digress? :ko:

MoltenTiger

I really like my Zeus Vortex, the crank is a dream and cleaning is essentially never required. The grind is quite coarse though, but I like it for some vapes. The thing I hate about it is that sometimes little buds will "spin" around as I turn the crank and never get ground! Drives me nuts, but overall I yearn for the SCS "fluff" as i've never experienced that type of consistency and even grind in a vape before. I sold it a while back because I was all about the fine grind, but have evolved since then since my lungs can't handle fine, and prefer the taste of medium coarse.

Black Leaf has a decent looking crank on GrassCity. I only do cranks with "screw down tops" and it's the only other one I know of that isn't the Zeus Vortex.
I've used a 'sharp stone' handle crank grinder a couple of years ago, the first grinder I was introduced to actually, and it was really good quality and fairly old, probably from early 200X's. Had curved edge diamond teeth and 10 rows of them too.
I would imagine the Black Leaf could be an OEM rebrand of the same grinder design as I've seen a few product crossovers. Also had a screw-top lid, the external coating had been tarnished from use but the grind mechanism worked surprisingly well, lots of same size small holes.
This is exactly the same design, quality product
https://www.grasscity.com/int_en/bl...k-herb-grinder-4-part-choice-of-4-colors.html

Oh shit best thing about this one is there's no middle section because of the screw on bit, no magnet, the whole chamber has teeth. I got to use it again a year ago and I was still impressed even post SLX. Grind consistency was pretty fine, finer than SLX so maybe similar to SCS, couldn't compare

Yeah this brings back good memories, used to be able to stuff this thing full with bud and struggle to twist it closed, then flip it upside down and crank it. Had to lever it to start it but it was the best way to chop up. They were pretty expensive back then too I think 80-120. Now the only similar versions I've seen locally have been cheap alloys with fewer teeth and stupid holes and the cranks break if you test them. That right there is a good find biohacker, industructable

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

That's a pretty serious grip. I think the knurling is going to need to be solved by some sort of group survey.

We're still working on the holes. But if we're able to do what we have planned, I think you all will be VERY happy.

Right now we're kinda leading towards a mix of the Cali crusher teeth with the ID teeth. So similar to what we have now, but having them be a tad bit longer. (And yeah, having the teeth be different on both sides IS something we're currently looking at.)

My interest is very piqued ;) I do like the six notches in the SLX that make it kinda like a hexagon within the circle for knurling, but mendo and lift seem to go next level with theirs don't they?

The MFFG might be a fancy grater but it is also undoubtedly the best herb processing equipment available for vaping. Nothing else can achieve what that thing does, and people want that on a large scale.
I think you could do it with high-tolerance machining and a dampened pin acting as a central axle.
Jar sections, air-tight storage, seamless tools, modular accessories - add these things to what the crowd already wants (an ultra fine, ultra consistent fluff) and you have something very marketable that should be a success.

I'm interested in what you guys have planned for this current project, but you'd be smart to take this on, because a fancy grater is only available in a micro form. Everyone already has a standard grinder mill, and quite frankly new-comers are already spoiled for choice.

Look into the sales numbers of New Vapes Fine Grind, because, well it's reached Australian shores it must be following a good trend ;)

PS: I'm recommending that grip because I'd prefer it to what I have atm. You can never have too much grip, as I've found out having to pick squished herb out of grinder teeth after being unable to crank.
My biggest advice though, don't build for what the uneducated public tell you in a survey, build something that works amazingly and has been well considered with no potential for faults. There's a billion sleek gripped grinders, the only grinder grip I've ever heard praised with any legitimacy was in regards to that knurling on a Mendo Mulcher. Tried and trusted, but just because it's not the in-season jet-black, tried and trusted gets gambled. Don't gamble, do what makes engineering sense and fuck everybody else's opinions.

You use a fine powdered grind like that in your GH even? I would not like to do that. I agree that fine grind is not always ideal, and achievable with other grinders... I also wasn't impressed at all with my MFFG at all, but only tried it once. I guess I should try again, but it didn't leave me wanting too :shrug:

Probably not MFFG fine, but the Kannastor Vape GR8TR produces the finest grind i've ever seen, especially with dry well cured buds.

I honestly feel like any grinder I've ever used did well creating a fine grind with dry bud, it can be easy even in your fingers to do that I've found... The fact that MFFG and GR8TR seem to need that to work properly makes me fairly uninterested in testing them further, but I know I should :rolleyes::D

:2c::peace:

biohacker

I honestly feel like any grinder I've ever used did well creating a fine grind with dry bud, it can be easy even in your fingers to do that I've found... The fact that MFFG and GR8TR seem to need that to work properly makes me fairly uninterested in testing them further, but I know I should :rolleyes::D

Could not agree more! Could not stand the finer plate in the GR8TR, but the coarse plate I found awesome with the Solid Body. Just couldn't get SCS "fluff" though. I'm thinking my next three will be that black leaf crank, SCS large 3 piece, and maybe the Kannastor solid body again + storage puck. I have time though, so still keeping an eye on all your experiences.... I can barely even keep up with this thread! It USED to be a ghost town! :lol:

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I don't know what you mean by male lids? GR8TR has male lid, meaning center post with magnet is in the lid, but the other two have it reversed which I prefer... Also I have all three of these grinders now, nice to see things in person, then you know what works best for you

When I talk about male and female, it has nothing to do with the magnet. It has to do with the teeth and the "hoops" surrounding each set of teeth. On the three grinders I listed, the lid hoop fits inside the bottom hoop; not around it (like Space Case or Interplanetary).

ADDED LATER: @InterplanetaryTanner I was just thinking about the SWII threading. With my SWII, the threading itself is great. It's just that when the middle sections (bottom teeth and hopper) are fully threaded and I grind some herbs, those two sections get so tight you might call it jammed. It can be difficult to "unjam," but once unjammed, everything turns nicely, easily.

Last edited:

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Anybody check out the new Sharpstone version 2.0 yet? I'm still using my v1 from a couple years ago, and it never disappoints -- it works as good now as it did new, and it's seen its fair share of use/abuse. I've never even cleaned the damn thing besides using a small paintbrush to brush it out once in a while! (And occasionally my fingernail to scrape off any kief that gets trapped in between the lip of the lid, which is almost never.) It's been dropped on the concrete garage floor, had who knows how many ounces ran through it -- it just keeps going. I'd say it's pretty good quality. Looks like the new v2 might be an improvement on it? :shrug:

Here's a link:
http://www.sharpstonegrinders.com/v2

A couple pics:
IMG_08333__65925.1453833770.1280.1280.JPG

IMG_0836__78697.1453753465.1280.1280.JPG

Oh, and @biohacker they have a crank top version too. ;) Looks like it might even be a screw-on top like you like:

IMG_0921__79090.1453752668.1280.1280.JPG

IMG_0933__26433.1453752202.1280.1280.JPG

If I was in the market for a new grinder I'd try it out, but alas...

:peace:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@vbeazy: It's not that I don't want to clean. A quick cleaning or possibly a soak in iso aren't a huge deal. The thing about the nonstick coatings is they keep the grinder from locking up and requiring cleaning to function.

I really don't like being frustrated when I'm trying to vape. Often I want to vape because I'm already frustrated. I really hate trying to grind something and my grinder locking up.

And how am I supposed to clean it when it's full of partially ground herb? If it locks up during use then the only choice is to suffer through it and then clean it later, or dump everything out and grind it with something else.

I choose a non-stick coating to avoid these issues, not to avoid cleaning. Otherwise I can grind with my fingers or scissors like I did for two decades, and avoid any locking up at all, with only minimal cleaning necessary.

Can you use an old fashioned manual crank coffee grinder? I'm still recovering from a broken wrist plus arthritis and normal hand grinders are still a strain to use. It seems the small herb grinders with cranks are not reliable but maybe the OG coffee grinder would be more durable...anyone here tried this?

I've been thinking this may be a really good solution. I'm a bit of a coffee nut, and the most important aspect to a good cup of coffee is the evenness and consistency of the grind. Also, making coffee is an extraction process very similar to vaping in many ways so it makes sense a high quality coffee grinder might be a great choice. Technically speaking the best coffee grinders are actually mills and not grinders.

The only question I would have is cleaning as they are mostly made of plastic, with ceramic burrs that do the milling. That means iso is probably out of the question for cleaning. The ceramic burrs might have inherent non-stick properties that help avoid this issue, or it could be a nightmare to clean them, I have no idea.

If I were to try a hand-cranked coffee mill to grind cannabis I would use a Hario Mini Mill. It has a wide range of adjustment for grind size and is very affordable. I actually have one but it's been used with coffee and I'm sure it is full of residue. I might clean it out or just buy a new one to try it out. If anyone one else is feeling adventurous and wants to order one I would love to hear your feedback lol. It works great with coffee, as well as electric mills that cost $200 and up.

Edit: I just saw this on Amazon, only $10 and made of stainless steel, so it should be easier to clean. There is acrylic but it seems it's only the bottom collection chamber which should not require iso cleaning anyways. I have no idea how consistent the grind is but you can't beat the price!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XHTNSBZ?psc=1

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

You use a fine powdered grind like that in your GH even? I would not like to do that. I agree that fine grind is not always ideal, and achievable with other grinders... I also wasn't impressed at all with my MFFG at all, but only tried it once. I guess I should try again, but it didn't leave me wanting too :shrug:
I have done a number of times, but not often as it just isn't convenient to generate the grind.
The GH's screens are quite coarse too, so it's best through water as a few particles can be pulled through.
But, it works awesomely despite that.
I once filled my 3D printed GH feeder with MFFG pixie dust, and it was a great time, probably the way to use either product.

I honestly feel like any grinder I've ever used did well creating a fine grind with dry bud

Yeah, well dry bud is easy though. Any grinder or pair of hands can make dry herb finely ground.
The MFFG can make bud straight off a fresh plant the same consistency. Nothing else can easily do that. It will make the plate pretty dirty, but it works, further dry grinds clean the plate too so it's still pretty low maintenance.

The only downside to it is that it's built to sit on top of the MFLB tray, so it's tiny.
A large version of it would be the tits.

I'm currently processing some herb through the MFFG into a 420 concentrates jar that nearly fits the grinder. This way I can process multiple hits worth at once with only slightly more effort than my SLX.
For my vapes, the EQ atm, it makes a noticeable difference and ends up being vaped more evenly.
A spent chamber from the Grasshoppers of MFFG is perfection, can't wait to get those finicky bastards back

MoltenTiger

(MFFG grind takes) only slightly more effort than my SLX
Turns out that was nonsense. The difference in effort is extreme, the MFFG is for sure annoying and somewhat painful to use, where as the SLX ate the nug like it was nothing!
It took 3 goes to process the herb in the first shot through the MFFG, the SLX had twice the product and took all of 10-20s.
I was MFFGing for minutes and my wrists got sore lol

Also, the MFFG is filthy now, where as the SLX looks identical to pre-grind.

Using the same 4 weeks-since-harvest Chocolate Kush, I thought I'd show the particulate size difference between an SLX and a MFFG.

MFFG Set up:
It fits on a small 420 science concentrates jar, not perfectly, but it does help grip the base.
It stores the herb perfectly in it (airtight), and is reasonable to dispense from too.

2mdp9oo.jpg

Grind results
9zvhbl.jpg

Each black square in the silicone mat is 1mm².

Look at that fluff in the jar though, gorgeous. It's extremely finely and consistently separated.
A little bit of pain is worth it to get some exclusive pixie dust.
1zeed84.jpg

Sure, not every vape out there can deal with this fine a grind, but there are plenty that can. And when they can, they will extract the goodies, and a better off-gas spectrum, faster from the finer grind generally.

edit: After vaping a couple of chambers from either grinder, I'd say the vapour is different and not truly better in either one, though there are advantages to either.
The SLX may have given better flavour, or at least it was a lighter vapour and more enjoyable in that sense.
The MFFG causes it to cloud up a little faster and gets super dense, it then fades faster than the coarser grind giving fewer hits of any toke style. It hit me so hard I forgot to try and taste the cocoa vibes of this strain.
I would say it was more intense, which is why I said better earlier. But really, it's just different. I'll be making the effort to use the MFFG more now though, it's like a mid-way to kief power hit, and it's great having a jar of it on hand

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Turns out that was nonsense. The difference in effort is extreme, the MFFG is for sure annoying and somewhat painful to use, where as the SLX ate the nug like it was nothing!
It took 3 goes to process the herb in the first shot through the MFFG, the SLX had twice the product and took all of 10-20s.
I was MFFGing for minutes and my wrists got sore lol

Also, the MFFG is filthy now, where as the SLX looks identical to pre-grind.

Using the same 4 weeks-since-harvest Chocolate Kush, I thought I'd show the particulate size difference between an SLX and a MFFG.

MFFG Set up:
It fits on a small 420 science concentrates jar, not perfectly, but it does help grip the base.
It stores the herb perfectly in it (airtight), and is reasonable to dispense from too.

2mdp9oo.jpg

Grind results
9zvhbl.jpg

Each black square in the silicone mat is 1mm².

Look at that fluff in the jar though, gorgeous. It's extremely finely and consistently separated.
A little bit of pain is worth it to get some exclusive pixie dust.
1zeed84.jpg

Sure, not every vape out there can deal with this fine a grind, but there are plenty that can. And when they can, they will extract the goodies, and a better off-gas spectrum, faster from the finer grind generally.

edit: After vaping a couple of chambers from either grinder, I'd say the vapour is different and not truly better in either one, though there are advantages to either.
The SLX may have given better flavour, or at least it was a lighter vapour and more enjoyable in that sense.
The MFFG causes it to cloud up a little faster and gets super dense, it then fades faster than the coarser grind giving fewer hits of any toke style. It hit me so hard I forgot to try and taste the cocoa vibes of this strain.
I would say it was more intense, which is why I said better earlier. But really, it's just different. I'll be making the effort to use the MFFG more now though, it's like a mid-way to kief power hit, and it's great having a jar of it on hand

Nice comparison! You should now test upside down fine grind in SLX too :tup: (+MF course?)

biohacker

Thanks Molten! I think you're starting to see some of the nuances that took me years to discover about grind consistencies and pros/cons to different grinds. It irritates me when some people say that coarse is the way or finer is better due to surface to mass ratio.... there are pros/cons to all, and everyone has different vapes and needs.

That SLX grind looks as coarse as my zeus vortex! More of a "shred" it appears, so yeah please do an upside down if you would be so kind, because from what I can see, the SCS has it beat from a standard conventional right side up grind.

I also think that the Kannastor Vape Gr8tr isn't all that different with the fine plate from the MFFG from what I can see, although it can gum up the plate and clog the holes which renders the kannastor useless for me when using non super dried buds.

Thanks for posting that!!! :tup:

MoltenTiger

Thanks guys, I will give the SLX an upside downer tonight with the same material, but I'm going to be toking on some cheese so I'll look at some less chunky material through it too, which should end up finer.
It is very much a shredded grind, and it's a medium chunky blend, but quite consistent. Dryer, less sticky nugs do end up finer.
ATM I have this other pic on insta which shows some different material, though it's fairly similar to the Chocolate in some ways. Unfortunately I don't have anything especially dense as that is the ideal SLX nug type. Probably the same for any mill.
The SCS apparently produces a finer grind, perhaps upside down there'd be less difference between them.

The GR8TR seems to be a bit hit and miss.
@data_eater's review on Reddit is brilliant, it shows that the MFFG is still king of the pow pow but Kannastor does come close. If it was built from better material with a bit more attention to detail I'd get one.
I think the GR8TR represents a product void that is still empty, just a bit more quality is seemingly needed.

biohacker

Dude, that review on Reddit is far from brilliant and far from my own personal experience. What is wrong with the material it's built with? The quality is top shelf and I have personally never had the issues the author did, perhaps it was defective for some reason? I NEVER had that squeeky top, and the loose plate issue is not an issue if you tighten it down properly IME. Cleaning was super easy, never had it lock or get gummed up, and only the finer plate causes issues for me with clogging and mess as I posted a pic of back in the day. The regular plate was damn near perfect for grind consistency and uniformity.

I dunno, just my experience, I think it's a top 3 grinder and from what i've seen about the SLX, i'd choose the Kannastor over it. Take all reviews including my own with a grain of salt. But fuck, 4/10 for packaging and instructions? :doh: I don't expect much from the dumbed down society these days, but jesus christ how hard is it to assemble a few modular grinder components that are essentially very common sense? The packaging is top shelf IMO.

Horrible review. :2c:

MoltenTiger

It seemed brilliant to me because it's oriented from my position and was quite indepth with vids, pics and macro shots comparing grinds.
Hearing your insight is good and as valid to me, but to be fair it's not built from top shelf materials (can't even be cleaned with alcohol and has some coating on it's cheaper alloy so no PBW either. It's for sure a lot better than many, but it's not top shelf or that impressive. It leaves things to be desired basically).
The squeeking was said to be exaggerated and might be very much so, but despite that it still just doesn't have the finish quality of my SLX from what I can see. That thing is ultra smooth, even though it's degraded a bit it's still super smooth after over a year. It's been dropped and basically can't dent. 7000 Al is a top shelf metal, super tough, super expensive to machine. There's only the SLX grinder made out of it I think.

I'd be approaching the GR8TR with the fine grind plate in mind, so it clogging makes me uninterested.
The fact I can better its fine grind as is, also makes me uninterested.
I do think it's a great product and a reasonable choice coming from the right angle, but my angle isn't it.

Lol, for packaging the SLX gets a 1/10 from me, but I didn't really influence an opinion from that aspect. Actually the Kannastor packaging seemed over the top to me. (over) Packaging is shameful at the end of the day and the amount of packaging wastefully used causes global problems.

I really don't think it was a horrible review, it detailed everything. A score is an opinion but the descriptions gave me my own. For my usage a lot of what he said and showed resonated with me.

I'm satisfied with my SLX fully, it's quality, simplicity and grind are great for me.
I would like the same features with a very fine grind, but it's probably not possible, and I can already get the finest with a little effort so can't say there's any temptation to sway from it.
But either device would suit different users I think. I'm predominantly a not-think-about it grinder, so the SLX seems best for that. Where as the Kannastor is a do-it-all grinder that can get clogged, is not as portable and isn't as smooth and simply requires more frequent maintenance and thoughts. Still a top tier option, but not the best for me

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Lol, for packaging the SLX gets a 1/10 from me, but I didn't really influence an opinion from that aspect. Actually the Kannastor packaging seemed over the top to me.

That is generous on the packaging mate score. Then again I did not buy the thing for the fucking box did I? Kannastor over packages the hell out of their products & it looks nice but is a total waste. My SLX experience is almost word for word with yours. We both know that the SLX is in 1st place & it is daylight between then & whoever is coming first last. Not a delusional fanboy but telling it how it is.

MoltenTiger

That is generous on the packaging mate score. Then again I did not buy the thing for the fucking box did I? Kannastor over packages the hell out of their products & it looks nice but is a total waste. My SLX experience is almost word for word with yours. We both know that the SLX is in 1st place & it is daylight between then & whoever is coming first last. Not a delusional fanboy but telling it how it is.
True, I'll amend it to 0.5. The only benefit to it is it's recycled cardboard.
It's not sufficient though, SLX's can be scratched fresh out of the box which I think is unacceptable, one I got recently was and it was a bit disheartening for the owner. I just showed him mine which has a few battle scars and said don't even sweat it. But I think there could be something easily done to prevent this, and the price warrants it too.

I just gave an upside down grind a go with the SLX. Gotta say, not a fan really. It does make the grind a little smaller, but not by an alarming amount.
Upside down grinding powderizes a little more, and causes a lot more trichome dislodgement.

kamsjl.jpg

I loaded the chamber with some pretty badly trimmed buds to show what the teeth can do.
I then flipped it upside-down and turned until there was consistent resistance. The initial crank took a bit of strength but nothing major. After that it screamed through the rest and it was spinning easily in seconds. I gave it a few extra spins to be sure.

2wcmmva.jpg

4 piles, MFFG on the very right -->
The lower pinch is straight from the grinder, the two piles above it are another pinch divided, the pile on the right is very fine, but a little coarser than the MFFG.

The pinch straight from the grinder is great, it's a fluffy blend of very fine and medium-fine mixed 50-50

I prefer grinding right-side-up though, as it's quicker and allows for more trichomes to remain in the chop.
Using properly trimmed nugs results in a very dreamy consistency too. This cheese was closer, but bottom buds (two tiny chunks).
2v0ieec.jpg

biohacker

To each their own, but the SLX to me appears to be better for combustion, and I PREFER a coarse grind I just don't see the appeal, the grind looks too chunky and uneven to me and the possibility of the coating being compromised leaves much to be desired, especially with the low profile of the grinder.

I used nothing but ISO on my Kannastor, and it didn't affect function whatsoever and barely even aesthetics. Sure it will get some shallow scratches, but there is no coating on the teeth, and even the coarse plates is more uniform and finer than anything i've seen out of the SLX.

Different strokes for different folks, but I still maintain that the Kannastor and SCS are the best grinders out there, and if you want a fine grind - the vape grt8r fine plate is the way to go. @lazylathe exclusively uses it and LOVES it. I just like having the options of different grinds, and the ergonomics of the solid body is bang on IMO.

biohacker,

Shit Snacks

To each their own, but the SLX to me appears to be better for combustion, and I PREFER a coarse grind I just don't see the appeal, the grind looks too chunky and uneven to me and the possibility of the coating being compromised leaves much to be desired, especially with the low profile of the grinder.

I used nothing but ISO on my Kannastor, and it didn't affect function whatsoever and barely even aesthetics. Sure it will get some shallow scratches, but there is no coating on the teeth, and even the coarse plates is more uniform and finer than anything i've seen out of the SLX.

Different strokes for different folks, but I still maintain that the Kannastor and SCS are the best grinders out there, and if you want a fine grind - the vape grt8r fine plate is the way to go. @lazylathe exclusively uses it and LOVES it. I just like having the options of different grinds, and the ergonomics of the solid body is bang on IMO.

Again, my experience is that the SLX is an ideal grinder for vaping... Used normal is smooth even course grind, and upside down I get a very even medium fine grind of very moist dense fresh buds moreso than any of my other grinders including SCS and GR8TR... Coating is immaculate and cleaning with iso is easy, if you ever even need to that is :2c::peace:

We seem to be going round and round lol it's the broad general statements that cause "fanboys" to feel the need to pipe up with their experience. I mean you haven't even tried an SLX for yourself yet have you buddy? :p

Top Bottom