Herb Grinders

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
If I were to gripe, I do wish there was more real estate to grip on to on the top piece, even if at the expense of making the entire unit a skosh taller. It would also be great if they incorporated a quarter turn twist lock rather than standard threads in future models to minimize screwing. To be fair, this may not bother the vast majority of buyers but one major factor in my decision to upgrade is having had problems with my hands/grip in recent months, I was looking to up my grinding game with something that would take physically less effort with better ergonomics. The SLX has been successful to that end.

By reducing the grinders height through clever design they actually made it harder to grind large amounts. It is kind of a double edged sword as the grinder itself is more compact but if it was 10mm taller it would be easier to grind with. It has never been a real problem for me but using a rubber/nitrile glove or a silicone grip pad would solve that issue. Either that or load less when it is super dense. My usual load size is 1.5-2g but if it is real dense I use more like 1g & evenly spread it around the grinder.

000d00037932cbadedc3de65e9c9c682.jpg

sickmanfraud

Okay, you guys have convinced me to buy a SLX grinder.

If I use the same grinder for all strains, since the grinder is so easy to clean, what does that mean for the kief?

If the same screen is expected to catch all kief what use is mixed kief?

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
As above you have chosen wisely @sickmanfraud. How do you currently grind different strains? Do you currently use multiple grinders? As for kief you will get a blend of whatever strains you put through the grinder. Mixed kief is good for some extra punch & tastes great to me but YMMV.

No green tint to this kief, just golden goodness.

Z9cuGso.jpg
Z9cuGso.jpg

sickmanfraud

Actually @Stevenski I have been keeping all of my strains separate. When I switched dispensaries I just put the new indica in the same grinder from the previous indica strain and the same for sativa. I had been using the battery powered little jobbies and then grinding about once a month and keeping the ground bud in amber pill bottles from old prescriptions..

Last time I was at the dispensary they told me it is not a great idea to grind once a month since terpenes are lost.

Since then I have been keeping the 4 strains I currently have un-ground until needed. I have used two different Volcano grinders (free from PV with purchase of vortex Solo stem), one 4 part which has gathered a bunch of indica kief and I still have one strain ground with the battery.

Here is an amazon link so you know what I was referring to.https://www.amazon.com/Generic-Elec...0221243&sr=8-2&keywords=herb+grinders+battery

I paid in the $6 range when I bought. At the price of $6 it is kind of disposable. If I am out with my kids I would either grind ahead of time or bring a $6 grinder vs a $60 grinder.

sickmanfraud,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Actually @Stevenski I have been keeping all of my strains separate. When I switched dispensaries I just put the new indica in the same grinder from the previous indica strain and the same for sativa.

It is prudent to keep different strains separate, even as a person with zero strain choice I always try & keep 2 or 3 strains on hand stored separately.

Last time I was at the dispensary they told me it is not a great idea to grind once a month since terpenes are lost.

Since then I have been keeping the 4 strains I currently have un-ground until needed. I have used two different Volcano grinders (free from PV with purchase of vortex Solo stem), one 4 part which has gathered a bunch of indica kief and I still have one strain ground with the battery.

Your dispensary would be spot on in that regard. If you are on a tight budget I suggest going to a $0.99 store & getting some cheap glass jars. They may not be fancy but storing weed in glass is preferable to plastic. All my jars are cheapies & I have had some for years.

The quality of the grinders you are currently using is many steps below a premium grinder because you really do get what you pay for with grinders when it comes to grind quality & consistency. Those battery jobs just hack your bud up but are good for chopping fresh herbs. I don't know how much you vape but if you don't want to mix Indica & Sativa I would buy a SLX, use that with your primary species & give your 4 piece a spotless clean for the other :2c: :peace:.

Edit: fixing too stoned grammar

Last edited:

OyVape

Sorry if I missed it, but has anyone tried the SLX 206? It is a 2-piece and half the price of the bigger ones.

OyVape,
Reactions: ataxian

kellya86

Herb gardener...
That old chestnut :lol:. That does not wash with me at all. They are too busy to check emails & send a one line acknowledgement on the issue. Now you feel bad about doubting them when that doubt was created by their communication issues. I understand delays & being busy as well as the next man but I fail to understand how they did not respond to your emails.

On the positive front you are getting a new grinder that will be a keeper for some years yet.

Maybe you was right.... I still haven't even received my tracking number, it's been 6 weeks now....

I get the feeling I may be being fobbed off now....

So what now, do I email again, and just get told that they have been busy and will get it sorted, again....

The grinder I have is definitely defective, it annoys me, it doesn't function as it should...

kellya86,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Thats some seriously poor service from the vendor @kellya86. Are they a UK based vendor? I am a real stickler for courtesy & have more than a bit of cunt in me so I would draft a new email & attach the previous email trail to said email. Something like.......

Subject: Re order # XYZ or invoice # ABC

Dear Cunt Face,

On (insert date) I placed order (insert order #) for a Kannastor GR8TR that was delivered on (insert date) under invoice #. On (insert date) I contacted you regarding the grinder needing to be replaced under warranty (see attached email trail) & was duly told it was being shipped. After failing to receive the replacement I followed up with you on (insert date) & was informed none were available in the country so a replacement was being sent from North America. After a further six weeks I have still not received any resolution on this issue that has been dragging on for months when it should have been addressed within days.

It is incumbent on you the vendor (invoke relevant UK article on fair trade or refer to multiple articles) under UK law to sell goods in a fit & proper manner. This has not happened & despite my repeated attempts to resolve this issue you have failed in your obligation. If this is not resolved within five business days I will pursue this matter through (small claims court whatever the fuck they do in the UK).

Reagrds

Kellya86

Be professional, be polite in your communication but list their catalogue of failures & specify the timeframe for resolution. If they fuck you about in any way further either pursue it through a regulatory body or cut your losses. It depends on if you consider it worth it or not. For $100 I would probably cit my losses but I would never deal with them & ensure my friends did not either.

For peace of mind just buy a SLX my man ;).

As for the 2 piece SLX I have not tried them but understand they are a good grinder @OyVape.

Stevenski,
Reactions: kellya86

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Vape-smart.com has the new v2.0 SLX large 2.4" grinder for $53 with coupon code thevapeguide581. Just ordered one in gold. Free shipping too. They are legit, I have purchased from them before.

The local store listed on SLX website wanted $65 plus tax....

Vape-smart is the retailer I was mentioning a bit ago, they seem legit enough at a glance...
This is funny and confusing as I placed an order with them on the 31st of Jul.

They claim to ship out in 48Hrs or less every time.
Its now 14 days later and I've yet to get shipping info, or my order.

They have ignored my attempt to contact them the only way I can via a "contact us" page on their website.
I actually was planning on calling my CC issuer and getting a charge-back, for the first time ever in my life on Wed.

But given you said you have successfully ordered there in the past I am gonna give them another while and try to contact them another time.
So far I have had a shit experience with them.

OyVape

Wow I sure hope I haven't steered you or anyone else wrong. Or myself!

I do remember speaking with a guy there named Oron about my last order but that was about a year ago I think. So at that point they had a phone number anyway. I got an order confirmation so far.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Bought my 2 inch 4 piece SLX Grinder through Amazon and received it within a few days. I live in the states. The cost was $49. I've been really happy with mine. Doesn't stick and it makes that really sticky bud easier to grind up. I like the size, it's perfect for me. It cuts through your stickiest bud like Gorilla Glue. I was having a difficult time with my older grinder.

I have arthritis in my wrists and thumb joints. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles when it comes to a grinder. It gives you a fluffy medium grind and it helps to produce some nice vapor.

I've been happy with my purchase. I think it's been a month since I bought mine.

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Wow I sure hope I haven't steered you or anyone else wrong. Or myself!

I do remember speaking with a guy there named Oron about my last order but that was about a year ago I think. So at that point they had a phone number anyway. I got an order confirmation so far.

3rd time is the charm it seems, got in touch with them today.

They had my stuff on hold as they had a mixup.

Sorted it out.
Should have the stuff soon, I hope.

OyVape

Oh that's good to hear. They got in touch with me today to let me know the gold SLX is on back order. They have silver and black available though if I want. Haven't decided yet. The gold is cool looking but maybe I've just been watching too much Olympics.

snackmaster

Oh that's good to hear. They got in touch with me today to let me know the gold SLX is on back order. They have silver and black available though if I want. Haven't decided yet. The gold is cool looking but maybe I've just been watching too much Olympics.

IMO it's nice to have some color contrast between kief and grinder :2c:

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
So, I got my SLX a couple weeks ago, and had barely used it a day and the ceramic that was on the outer part of the top piece and the inner part of the middle piece started shedding off while grinding. It made a squeaking noise. After being able to look at it, it was noticeable that the ceramic was coming off. I inquired SLX about this, and they sent those two pieces back to me, free of charge, on 2-day priority. That was nice. However, this pair did the same exact thing. I was informed that it would not be a health concern and that it would not be a problem.

Couple weeks later, I still run a wet cotton swab on the affected areas (softly) to grab whatever ceramic wants to come off. I've started to furiously grind the pieces without any material inside so I could get most of the shedding out of they way, and get back to using it without a worry.

All in all, the grinder doesn't seem to be worth the asking price. This may change, though, since it has the potential to last a really long time. One last thought: The grind on it is perfect, and it seems the screen lets a bit too much through.

Bummer I missed this comment.

Here is what the SLX I just got looks like after the first use.
prr2Wqw.jpg

EDIT: Here is that above image again with a bit of a highlight to make it easier to understand what we are looking for and at here.
fyQsAlV.jpg

Zy6brZ6.jpg

More images
VPwFtRe.jpg

Bb6TL4J.jpg

Note how it actually wore down and cut all the way through the coating, on BOTH peices.

Sorting this out is not gonna be fun.

Maybe I'll just wait for the SLX 3.0....:(:\

Last edited:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I'm not sure what you are seeing. My issue is with those plastic things that surround the unit.

newVaper420,

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Not sure how you can't see it.

Maybe you are confusing the huge gash in the coating which resulted from one use. With the glare on the edge of the grinder due to lighting.

Perhaps this highlight of the first image will help.

fyQsAlV.jpg

Zy6brZ6.jpg

Last edited:
Dramma Lamma,

subway13029

I see the cuts in the side of grinder...how did that happen?? Just grinding some bud? Kinda crazy as others swear by the slx I was even gonna check one out. Like I need another grinder but it seemed cool..thank I gonna try the lift when it's widely available..

subway13029,

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
I see the cuts in the side of grinder...how did that happen?? Just grinding some bud? Kinda crazy as others swear by the slx I was even gonna check one out. Like I need another grinder but it seemed cool..thank I gonna try the lift when it's widely available..

Yes just grinding bud, it wasn't even dense stuff and I pre-hand ground it a fair bit.
:shrug:

Dramma Lamma,
Top Bottom