• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herb Grinders

Socks And Sandals

Ok folks I've had my Kannastor GR8TR for about a week now and have been using it everyday since it arrived.

Admittedly at first I wasn't completely sure about all the different parts, but over the week have seen the versatility of this grinder really shine!

The packaging that came with the grinder was of a nice simple pleasing design and easy to access without losing or cutting fingers! (hate that stuff!)

On first inspection it was clean and free from any factory residues sometimes leftover during manufacture and no sign of any bad machining or loose bits of swarf.

The grinder comes with 8 different parts in total from 60/61 Aluminium. 10 if you include the cotton storage bag and pollen pick (which has already been lost down the side of the couch :ugh:

2 Removable Grinder Plates Fine and Medium
Black Lid
Storage/Grinding Press
Grinding Chamber
Ground Herb Chamber
Removable Mesh60 Sifter Screen
Pollen/Kief Chamber

All parts screw and fit together nicely and the exterior finish gives good grip enhanced further by the knurled edges of the lid and grinding press. I also found that the long barrel of the body improved grip when handling and grinding.

Magnets are strong and will hold the grinding press, lid and spare grinder plate intact even when turned upside down.

First use was with the removeable fine grinder plate. The grind was super fine, consistent and fluffy which for my LSV was just too fine and I found it fell through the screen far too easily but may be great for a MFLB. Will have to give it a try ;)

The medium grinder plate was just as fluffy and consistent as the above and pleasingly just right for how I like it in my LSV.

Nice Deep Ground Herb Chamber

Medium Grind

Medium Grind

As mentioned briefly, earlier in the review the versatility is where I think this grinder shines. With all the different options you can basically make it the type of grinder you want!

All the parts are interchangeable and screw together in different configurations. 3 piece, 4 piece whatever and storage is great.

a4149abbe7e8ce68321034f7ec738a54.jpg

You have the compartment in the black lid where the spare mesh or grinder plate is stored and the compartment in the top of the press for herb or ABV. But I've been using it to store the pollen pick. (until I lost it..see earlier)

df240c908b335eb935be2144d2474d05.jpg

Then if you like, say after you have ground your herb, use the lid to screw onto the ground herb chamber and just throw in your backpack or wherever for travel purposes as in the pic below

Then theres the storage puck option

So all in all I consider this a great grinder! I do not have a SCS so cannot compare the two unfortunately.
But I do know that this will now be my daily use grinder out of the small selection of others I have.

Would recommend it wholeheartedly.

If anyone requires more pics or wants any specific info please ask ;)

............ (I've just dug my own hole with those last 2 thoughts) and excuse some of the slightly outta focus shots :ko::ko:.....now time to try that MFLB and the fine grind....:ko::ko:......damn...no charged batteries:doh:

Ok you have my attention now! :o I'm loving what I'm seeing here. The teeth, the clear herb storage and the multiple grinder plates! I'm definitely going to read up these Kannastor GR8TR's real soon as a possible backup for my SCS. I'm sure I'll have some specific questions later for ya! Thanks for those pics! I'm drooling!:drool:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Ok folks I've had my Kannastor GR8TR for about a week now and have been using it everyday since it arrived.

Admittedly at first I wasn't completely sure about all the different parts, but over the week have seen the versatility of this grinder really shine!

The packaging that came with the grinder was of a nice simple pleasing design and easy to access without losing or cutting fingers! (hate that stuff!)

On first inspection it was clean and free from any factory residues sometimes leftover during manufacture and no sign of any bad machining or loose bits of swarf.

The grinder comes with 8 different parts in total from 60/61 Aluminium. 10 if you include the cotton storage bag and pollen pick (which has already been lost down the side of the couch :ugh:

Black Lid
Storage/Grinding Press
Grinding Chamber
Ground Herb Chamber
Pollen/Kief Chamber

All parts screw and fit together nicely and the exterior finish gives good grip enhanced further by the knurled edges of the lid and grinding press. I also found that the long barrel of the body improved grip when handling and grinding.

Magnets are strong and will hold the grinding press, lid and spare grinder plate intact even when turned upside down.

First use was with the removeable fine grinder plate. The grind was super fine, consistent and fluffy which for my LSV was just too fine and I found it fell through the screen far too easily but may be great for a MFLB. Will have to give it a try ;)

The medium grinder plate was just as fluffy and consistent as the above and pleasingly just right for how I like it in my LSV.

Medium Grind

Medium Grind

As mentioned briefly, earlier in the review the versatility is where I think this grinder shines. With all the different options you can basically make it the type of grinder you want!

All the parts are interchangeable and screw together in different configurations. 3 piece, 4 piece whatever and storage is great.

You have the compartment in the black lid where the spare mesh or grinder plate is stored and the compartment in the top of the press for herb or ABV. But I've been using it to store the pollen pick. (until I lost it..see earlier)

Then if you like, say after you have ground your herb, use the lid to screw onto the ground herb chamber and just throw in your backpack or wherever for travel purposes as in the pic below

So all in all I consider this a great grinder! I do not have a SCS so cannot compare the two unfortunately.
But I do know that this will now be my daily use grinder out of the small selection of others I have.

............ (I've just dug my own hole with those last 2 thoughts) and excuse some of the slightly outta focus shots :ko::ko:.....now time to try that MFLB and the fine grind....:ko::ko:......damn...no charged batteries:doh:

I am loving mine too. Been too lazy to write up a nice review with pictures like yours but a great grinder and my second ever Kannastor.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
@delloy I should have purchased that grinder a few weeks ago as it does look sweet & I have a Kannastor storage puck already that is the same size.

I did purchase a 2 piece SC titanium & was not initially impressed with it compared to my generic 4 piece. After sticking with it I find it gives an appropriate fine grind for my tastes.

Michel

Black Lid
Storage/Grinding Press
Grinding Chamber
Ground Herb Chamber
Pollen/Kief Chamber

Medium Grind

Medium Grind

Really nice review! I have been reading every information and review I found about the gr8tr since it came out, but yours convinced me to give it finally a try! Because I own several black leafs / sharp stones I never felt the urge to try out SCS or SC. I hope this isn't a mistake...

Do you know if the gr8tr is 2.2" or 2.5" ? iirc there was a storage puck which fitted on the gr8tr but I can only find the 2.2" on the website and I'm not sure if it fits on the grinder. The reason is I want a bigger kief compartment if possible. Thx in advance.

Michel,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Do you know if the gr8tr is 2.2" or 2.5" ? iirc there was a storage puck which fitted on the gr8tr but I can only find the 2.2" on the website and I'm not sure if it fits on the grinder. The reason is I want a bigger kief compartment if possible. Thx in advance.

The GR8TR is 55mm & my puck puck is 56mm. I think the 55mm is a typo though but yes it is 2.2" or 55/56mm.

Edit: Here is links with good descripitons & pictres of the different GR8TR models & the puck

http://www.australianvaporizers.com.au/store/kannastor-gr8tr-55mm-grinder-vape-edition.html
http://www.australianvaporizers.com.au/store/kannastor-gr8tr-55mm-6pc-grinder-with-jar.html
http://www.australianvaporizers.com.au/store/kannastor-gr8tr-55mm-6pc-grinder.html
http://www.australianvaporizers.com.au/store/kannastor-56mm-storage-puck.html

Last edited:

biohacker

Sick! Cutting instead of grinding, like the Chewy!

But introduced the first ever interchangeable sifting disc? No way! That's Kannastor!

biohacker,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2

MinnBobber

The Clipper - World's Most Innovative Grinder
Just came across it in my free, local paper.
Too bad he doesn't grind some "herbage" in the video.
It spins nicely, with nothing in it.......

Touts it as not needing cleaning like traditional grinders but looks like a lot of
nooks and grannies to me.

Like to try one---not out yet, correct?

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I'm really loving this new SCS I picked up. The grind consistency is so consistent. It's also great fun to handle with the matte purple satin like finish. It feels great in your hands. It's also even better to look at in person.

The angled triangle scraper is great for cleaning the pressed on build-up that accumulates on the various curves of the grinder. It also does an o.k. job serving as a scoop for transferring your material. I'm very satisfied with this purchase and product.

2akmmuw.jpg

virtualpurple

I am tossing around the idea of purchasing another grinder. I have a black space case that I really like and will probably look towards a SCS, as it seems there's a consensus that both grinders are highly regarded.

I just thought it'd be nice (although totally unnecessary) to have another grinder or two so that I can have a few different strains ready to go.

virtualpurple,
Reactions: ichibaneye

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
This is half a gram ground upside down in a small 4-piece SCS for dozens of turns.

7wkvEwj.jpg

Having recently figured out how to mod my Aromed to make it blow me away (instead of being damn close to useless), I now prefer a finer grind than I did prior to a week ago (because I no longer need to stack my herbs an inch high nor use any more than a pinch of herbs per load). This probably means no more grinding right-side-up for me.

These results are very acceptable, but I'm surprised the grounds didn't come out finer. I suspect my results have something to do with the quantity of herbs I ground. That is, I suspect I would get finer grounds with the same herbs if I was to grind, say, twice as much as I did here. I will probably eventually try this with twice as many herbs in the same grinder, but I am in no hurry to do that.

So if anyone feels like grinding a quantity of at least 0.75 g upside down in a small 3-piece or 4-piece SCS (for dozens of turns), I would love to see your results.

What I've learned from this: It's probably impossible to over-grind half a gram of herbs in a small SCS.

throwawaytre3s

How do you guys feel about Medtainers? I've been seriously digging mine.

While nifty, they're probably good for being on the go. I still stand by the tried and true mason jar for storing. Plus I try to avoid plastic grinders, so I wouldn't make use of the grinder bit. It'd be easier to just pre grind and store in a doob tube for portable use, or a screw on glass vial. I wouldn't spend my money on a medtainer, but that's entirely me, for the reasons above.

Uhh, I don't know what's up with your picture there man, it doesn't look relevant.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
While nifty, they're probably good for being on the go. I still stand by the tried and true mason jar for storing. Plus I try to avoid plastic grinders, so I wouldn't make use of the grinder bit. It'd be easier to just pre grind and store in a doob tube for portable use, or a screw on glass vial. I wouldn't spend my money on a medtainer, but that's entirely me, for the reasons above.

Uhh, I don't know what's up with your picture there man, it doesn't look relevant.
I put most of my stuff away in drawers to clean my desk up a bit and have been pretty happy with the grinder part of the Medtainer too. Obviously not grinding grams at a time but for smaller amounts it's been doing me just fine. Not too worried about the plastic breaking off, seems durable and I remove stems before grinding anyways.

Re: the picture, it looks fine on my end. Sideways picture of a 4 piece Santa Cruz Shredder. You on mobile by chance? I've had a weird but rarely with some image hosting sites where it would load a different picture for some reason, sometimes with imgur and with another hosting site too.

throwawaytre3s

I put most of my stuff away in drawers to clean my desk up a bit and have been pretty happy with the grinder part of the Medtainer too. Obviously not grinding grams at a time but for smaller amounts it's been doing me just fine. Not too worried about the plastic breaking off, seems durable and I remove stems before grinding anyways.

Re: the picture, it looks fine on my end. Sideways picture of a 4 piece Santa Cruz Shredder. You on mobile by chance? I've had a weird but rarely with some image hosting sites where it would load a different picture for some reason, sometimes with imgur and with another hosting site too.

Hey man, if the medtainer works for you, then that's great! Just throwin my input in.

Nah, I'm not on mobile, I'm on my desktop. This is what I'm seeing:

66f2849acf5eac4b6d650b367e57022d.png

Top Bottom