Herb Grinders

lwien

JohnDoeHoe22 said:
hey guys I'm going to be getting a grinder soon. I never really have to grind up a bunch of bud at once I usually will just break up enough for a little bowl. I've read about all these types of grinders. I read that one of them was so sharp it cut there fingers and this one grinder imparticular was giving metal shavings in the bud. Which grinders do this? I want to make sure to stay away from those.

I would like a grinder with the screen and the kief but like I said I don't grind a lot of bud at once just enough for a little bowl multiple times a day. I'll look into the Chromium Crusher since a lot of people seem to like that, but if not the crusher, what would you guys recommend? Thanks.

I'll look into
Being that you grind up a bud at a time, I'd get the one that Max suggested above, the Space Case 4 pc. scout. I got the regular small ti 4pc SpaceCase, and being that the holes are 5mm rather than the 3mm that the Scout has, I have to disassemble the grinder and regrind the bud upside down a few times to get the fine grind that I want.

lwien,

The_Algebraist

I do believe that I am going to toss the acrylic orange comes-with-the-Volcano grinder and add a SC to my small, but growing collection of vaporization materials.

For those folks who've ordered through gratefulbuys, what was the turnaround from when you placed your order to when you were grinding your herb in your new space case?

The_Algebraist,

The_Algebraist

It's still not entirely clear to me what the function of separating the kief from the bud is. I know that several people have posted this question before.... Is this simply a preference thing as you're going to be vaping everything in the end?

The_Algebraist,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I like to save my kief for a rainy day, or killer bowls. :ko:

Yes, it's just personal preference. You could think of it as 'a penny saved, is a penny earned'. Nothing like ripping into a fat stash of kief in the vape. ;)

SpiralArchitect,

The_Algebraist

ahh, so variety! so it's not necessary to incorporate the separated kief into the bowl of herb? the thc content of the herb isn't adversly effected by this separation?

SpiralArchitect said:
I like to save my kief for a rainy day, or killer bowls. :ko:

Yes, it's just personal preference. You could think of it as 'a penny saved, is a penny earned'. Nothing like ripping into a fat stash of kief in the vape. ;)

The_Algebraist,

lwien

The_Algebraist said:
ahh, so variety! so it's not necessary to incorporate the separated kief into the bowl of herb? the thc content of the herb isn't adversly effected by this separation?
I don't thinks it's any more adversly effected than if you broke up your bud by hand because by hand, the kief is sticking to your fingers rather than falling into the bottom of the grinder.

So for me, there's no noticeable loss of THC when using a 4pc grinder. The collected kief is just a bonus to be used as a kicker when the mood strikes.

lwien,

The_Algebraist

ah nice. knowledge. great. can't wait for the arrival of my space case. just placed my order this morning through gratefulbuys.

The_Algebraist,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
I have the same set up as you do algebraist ( cano + pd + ssv.. also just got an iolite ) I used the orange grinder that came with the volcano for awhile before i got my 4 pc titanium space case. I now only EVER use the orange one to re-grind avb and it works great for that.

I highly reccomend the SC even though it is very expensive, you wont be dissapointed.

Survivalism,

The_Algebraist

Oh cool. Nice set-up! So I'm assuming that you have a touch of the collector-bug as well? I'm looking forward to the new grinder. It's crazy spending the money on awesome vaporizers but not forking over a fraction of that for a proper grinder, no?

ps. do you also collect Benchmades?

Survivalism said:
I have the same set up as you do algebraist ( cano + pd + ssv.. also just got an iolite ) I used the orange grinder that came with the volcano for awhile before i got my 4 pc titanium space case. I now only EVER use the orange one to re-grind avb and it works great for that.

I highly reccomend the SC even though it is very expensive, you wont be dissapointed.

The_Algebraist,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Wow someone who knows what a benchmade is! Awesome haha. I had a small collection of butterfly knives but unfortunatly had to sell them :( Had a BM42, BM46, and BM32 Morpho.

Survivalism,

Axeshredder

thanks to all for the useful info. After reading most of the pages here, i ordered the 2.5" Chromium Crusher/ titanium steel...mainly due to seeing these for over $50 and i paid $25w/ press....and i own a 4 piece 2 1/2" Aluminum and struggle with it. Mainly due to the blades all gunked up. Anyone with any methods of cleaning out the gunk and saving it. it would be useful when i switch over to the new grinder. Does anyone prefer aluminum over steel? I wouldnt think so........thanks

Axeshredder,

lwien

Axeshredder said:
Mainly due to the blades all gunked up. Anyone with any methods of cleaning out the gunk and saving it. it would be useful when i switch over to the new grinder.
ISO wash.

Take your grinder apart, and soak it in isopropyl alcohol. Then take out the grinder and rinse it out with water, let it dry, and you're good to go. Let the dirty alcohol evaporate in a dish. Scrape the remains in the dish with a razor blade in a small pile, sandwich that stuff between some bud in your vape, and prepared to get vaked.

IMHO, this is the BEST way to clean a grinder.

lwien,

tuttle

Hmm, does anyone know what is up with Mix'n'Ball? I placed an order a while ago, got the automated confirmation, and nothing since. They don't seem to be answering phones (at least so far today) or email, and there is never anyone on their online chat. Just thought I would check around to see if anyone knew what was going on.

tuttle,

TeddyJackEddy

I'm in the same boat. Placed an order in early March. Heard from Dan a couple of times after I emailed about the status of the order. Originally he said the order was stuck in Customs. A week or so later he said my order was going out in 2 to 3 days. The next week I was told it had been shipped. For the last week or so, no replies to emails. Have not received anything.

Will wait a little longer and if I still do not hear from them I'll cancel my order and put the charge in dispute with the credit card company.

Kind of surprised because I have used them in the past and Dan was always very helpful. He even called me one time when I had a problem with an item after it arrived.

Hope they get this all taken care of soon.

TeddyJackEddy,

tuttle

Well, I ordered a Chromium Crusher 4 pc. so I am ready for the weekend. I'll leave the order open with Mix'n'Ball for a while to see what happens.

tuttle,

max

Out to lunch
There have often been very long delays in restocking MixnBall grinders. The new site, unlike the old one, doesn't give any clues as to whether a particular model is in stock or not. 'On-line chat' = 'leave a message' for a lot of sites. You should get an answer to an email, although I wouldn't count on an instant response. Like a lot of vape and grinder companies, MixnBall isn't an office with someone always waiting to answer phones and email. If you've placed an order, you'll get it. It may just take longer than you'd like.

max,

TeddyJackEddy

Last email I received from Dan at mixnball was March 27. Up till then he had kept me up to date on the status of my order. Once he emailed that it had been shipped, nothing.

Hope it works out. Not used to that type of customer service.

I may end up canceling my order with MNB and just place the same order with a vendor. Hopefully that way I could get the pollen press more quickly. Just a thought.

TeddyJackEddy,

lwien

Kinda sounds like the beginning of my nightmare with VaporOutlet.

I think in these tough economic times, we're gonna see more issues like this when ordering on-line, as businesses struggle to.........................stay in business. What I think a lot of them don't seem to understand, is that honest, open, and frequent communication with their customers has got to be at the TOP of their priority list, ESPECIALLY when things like shipping and admin problems begin to go south.

lwien,

TeddyJackEddy

I agree. If MNB would just tell me that it is stuck in customs and won't ship till next month, that's fine. It is the lack of ANY communication that makes me uncomfortable. That is when I want to just cancel the order and reorder with someone else. I guess I'd rather hear bad news than no news at all.

TeddyJackEddy,

The_Algebraist

There is NO EXCUSE for an online seller to leave a customer hanging. Especially in this day and age (laptops, PDAs, etc etc etc). Do we have a list of "People/Sellers to Avoid" here?

lwien said:
Kinda sounds like the beginning of my nightmare with VaporOutlet.

I think in these tough economic times, we're gonna see more issues like this when ordering on-line, as businesses struggle to.........................stay in business. What I think a lot of them don't seem to understand, is that honest, open, and frequent communication with their customers has got to be at the TOP of their priority list, ESPECIALLY when things like shipping and admin problems begin to go south.

The_Algebraist,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
There is NO EXCUSE for an online seller to leave a customer hanging. Especially in this day and age (laptops, PDAs, etc etc etc). Do we have a list of "People/Sellers to Avoid" here?
not currently but im sure youre more than welcome to start one

Acolyte of Zinglon,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Bummer hearing about all these MNB problems. I ordered through a vendor, and although I never use the grinder anymore, it still worries me. Hope you all get it straightened out soon.

SpiralArchitect,

TeddyJackEddy

Will keep everyone posted on how this works out. Have used MNB before with no problem, so it's too bad this had to happen. We are going out of town the rest of the week, so won't have any updates till at least next Monday. Keepin' our fingers crossed.

TeddyJackEddy,

songa

i have had similar problems as u guys when i ordered my grinder. it took a while for it to be shipped, and had real shoddy communication with dan. i did end up receiving my grinder tho.

id say the best way to contact him is through email, although he can be very slow. since he is in israel, you'll only see him online for the online chat at the weirdest times during teh day. iwas able to catch him on there once before. also, he has shown integrity by calling me back as well once, and has picked up a few of my calls as well. he seems like a trustworthy guy, just a slackjaw. or maybe hes just way too busy. but either way, i agree that anyone that is taking customers money is obligated to at least give up to date, honest and truthful information as soon as they find it out. why dan doesnt do this, i dont know. another thing about him is he lies. that is fact...he lied to me about a phone # and email address that he uses, and told me that the phone # was to a new office of his he just opened up. i doubt that, especially when the phone # was literally, 555-555-1234. HAHAHAH what a fool for trying to tell me that was a legit #. anyways, at the end of the day despite all this shenanigans, i still got my MNB. you probably will too, but as everyone else, it mite take a while. it sucks i know, but for some reason, he is still following through and staying true to his orders (albeit not in a timely fashion).

songa,
Top Bottom