Herb Grinders

dubbydoo

chewy_kitchen_promo2.jpg
Just found this online.. but I think these guys are new.. not much on google

I know they are Irish.. I'll try to get a sample and review .. I just emailed them off their website.

Its shows something I think
https://twitter.com/chewygrinder

Last edited:
dubbydoo,
Well, I got in contact with the guys from Chewy, and they seem pretty cool! Here's what they told me about the Chewy:

"The revolutionary Portable Electric Herb Grinder

Everybody knows grinding is messy and cumbersome even at home, but using a grinder out and about is an impossible situation, even with two free hands. Introducing the Chewy, the world's first truly portable grinder. Store Grind and Load your Herb anywhere, without Mess and discreetly, and there's more.. you only need one hand The chewy uses a unique patented internal grinding and loading mechanism, developed by SourcingProductDesign specifically for the Chewy. The patented internal grinding mechanism has been tested with great success on the toughest stickiest herbs available. Over 120 prototypes were built and tested before our engineering team was happy with the grinding results. Great Grinding Made Simple. The Chewy grinder uses a standard 9 volt battery taking only about 10 seconds to grind a bud of herb. The Door is designed to lock open.. freeing your hands to load the herb into chewy. Discreet and Portable The Chewy is compact and light weight. It stores your herb and fits snugly into your pocket. Designed to be quiet and discreet with its low sound level motor. The Chewy is designed to work well for both right and left handed users.

Key features Dimensions - (H) 90mm x (D) 73mm x (W)21mm

it stores.. and grinds all straight into papers or vaporizer.. but is designed for easy clean and the blades are designed to suck the herb into funnel and clean themselves.. but they will need a brush every now and then.. also we tested it on the toughest stickiest herb.. it slices it up.. even the seeds are slices up.. we are very happy with it .. took us 120 different cutting systems prototypes to get it perfect and a years work"

It sounds like quite the exciting product. As an Ascent Owner, packing can be a real pain when you're on the go in NYC, I can totally see myself just busting out my Chewy and discreetly filling my bowl without even needing to stop.

Also, they told me that "oct 9th" it was a typo, November 9th is the actual launch date.

Last edited:

dubbydoo

Well, I got in contact with the guys from Chewy, and they seem pretty cool! Here's what they told me about the Chewy:

"The revolutionary Portable Electric Herb Grinder

Everybody knows grinding is messy and cumbersome even at home, but using a grinder out and about is an impossible situation, even with two free hands. Introducing the Chewy, the world's first truly portable grinder. Store Grind and Load your Herb anywhere, without Mess and discreetly, and there's more.. you only need one hand The chewy uses a unique patented internal grinding and loading mechanism, developed by SourcingProductDesign specifically for the Chewy. The patented internal grinding mechanism has been tested with great success on the toughest stickiest herbs available. Over 120 prototypes were built and tested before our engineering team was happy with the grinding results. Great Grinding Made Simple. The Chewy grinder uses a standard 9 volt battery taking only about 10 seconds to grind a bud of herb. The Door is designed to lock open.. freeing your hands to load the herb into chewy. Discreet and Portable The Chewy is compact and light weight. It stores your herb and fits snugly into your pocket. Designed to be quiet and discreet with its low sound level motor. The Chewy is designed to work well for both right and left handed users.

Key features Dimensions - (H) 90mm x (D) 73mm x (W)21mm

it stores.. and grinds all straight into papers or vaporizer.. but is designed for easy clean and the blades are designed to suck the herb into funnel and clean themselves.. but they will need a brush every now and then.. also we tested it on the toughest stickiest herb.. it slices it up.. even the seeds are slices up.. we are very happy with it .. took us 120 different cutting systems prototypes to get it perfect and a years work"

It sounds like quite the exciting product. As an Ascent Owner, packing can be a real pain when you're on the go in NYC, I can totally see myself just busting out my Chewy and discreetly filling my bowl without even needing to stop.

Also, they told me that "oct 9th" it was a typo, November 9th is the actual launch date.

Awesome I want one..

dubbydoo,

mixchu69

chewy_kitchen_promo2.jpg
Just found this online.. but I think these guys are new.. not much on google

I know they are Irish.. I'll try to get a sample and review .. I just emailed them off their website.

Its shows something I think
https://twitter.com/chewygrinder
I like the potential. Don't ppl find it easier to grind and place in doob tube for transport? Smaller, don't have to worry about breaking, and pours easily into most portable vapes. This looks great for ppl who may have dexterity issues.

I like the potential. Don't ppl find it easier to grind and place in doob tube for transport? Smaller, don't have to worry about breaking, and pours easily into most portable vapes. This looks great for ppl who may have dexterity issues.
I'd say this is considerably more desecrate than a neon tube vial lol. Its like a herbal Pez-dispenser :o

Bwellsascent,

dubbydoo

Doob tube .. cool name.. I think the chewy would be great to load the dubetube.. it looks like the small funnel of the chewy fits neatly into a doob tube.. I also managed to contact the Chewy Guys.. they said they are launching next week on Indiegogo and are selling the black plastic chewy with metal cutting teeth for 45 USD

12208488_1632204433713105_8718555672397812562_n.png

and a metal copper finished chewy with metal cutting teeth for 100 usd..
11080744_1632686223664926_7970478699070878762_o.jpg

they also said they will give me one to review soon ;-) can't wait

zor

I don't see much of a need for this but I also said the same thing about tablets around their debut :)

Stealth loading a vape is a tricky thing for sure, I'd be curious for some field reports using this guy, $45 seems pretty reasonable but with all things electronic I'd be concerned with warranty and serviceability. How well does it mask smell of whole (unground) weed? Battery life expectancy? Can you change the grind size?

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I think they should put a good deal of effort into marketing this to disabled people like myself, whose hands and fingers have lost a significant amount of feeling, strength, and coordination. I don't know if this grinder would be any more useful to me than any of my mechanical grinders, but it looks like it might be. And if so, I would like their product to be around over the coming years for people who really need it.

Also, it looks like their target market is joint smokers, which I imagine is an endangered species. If the makers of this grinder want to be around in a few years, I'm thinking they probably ought to market their product in a way that shows that it's not a dinosaur (or more specifically, not meant exclusively for dinosaurs).

Last edited:

dubbydoo

I think they should put a good deal of effort into marketing this to disabled people like myself, whose hands and fingers have lost a significant amount of feeling, strength, and coordination. I don't know if this grinder would be any more useful to me than any of my mechanical grinders, but it looks like it might be. And if so, I would like their product to be around over the coming years for people who really need it.

Also, it looks like their target market is joint smokers, which I imagine is an endangered species. If the makers of this grinder want to be around in a few years, I'm thinking they probably ought to market their product in a way that shows that it's not a dinosaur (or more specifically, not meant exclusively for dinosaurs).

Hey Ryan

If you look at the video you can see they are using a Vaporizer later on

I called the inventors .. They are based here in Ireland.. and most people here smoke weed.. vaping is a very new thing here

Apparently The idea came about at a music festival when they kept spilling their weed when loading their Hipvap vaporizer.. They said they designed it to suit both joint and vaporizer users.. They were already designing grinders for people with poor hand motor skills .. So they designed the chewy for every body but with disabled users in mind too.. good work chewy

They also said they wanted it tp grind load your weed anywhere .. not sure if it does this yet.. i'll wait till I get my sample

Last edited by a moderator:
dubbydoo,
Reactions: vapeOR

Aimless Ryan

I'm not saying I think it wouldn't be good for medical users. All I'm saying is that all I remember from the video is that they used this device to fill a rolling paper.

I had actually wondered consciously if Europe was a little behind the US in terms of vaporizing instead of smoking; I suppose based mostly on what I've read here from Europeans. Regardless, as a relatively recent smoker/convert, I think it's only a matter of time until smoking cannabis is mostly a thing of the past. Considering that, in addition to the fact that vaporization is a much better option for legitimate medical consumers, I think it might be wise for them to focus more on showing their product with vaporizers.

Aimless Ryan,
Ryan I believe that the vast majority of people still smoke. a LOT of people just don't like the buzz you get from vapes.

However like Dubby pointed out they are marketing it for papers or vapes. the herb gets grinded out of a small circular funnel. I imagine you could use it for whatever purpose: at home and feeling lazy? pop a nug in the chewy and shoot it right into your favorite piece. bowl bong papers or vape

Bwellsascent,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

WTf is this.
@dubbydoo you seem very interested in this indiegogo campaign. You have been posting this video all over FC today, so your enthusiasm is quite clear. I'm going through now and deleting the video from all the other threads that you posted it to as we do not allow for cross posting here on FC. Please do not post the video any more on FC.

I think I know the answer, but are you affiliated in any way with this product? Please advise, thanks.

:peace:

dubbydoo

@dubbydoo you seem very interested in this indiegogo campaign. You have been posting this video all over FC today, so your enthusiasm is quite clear. I'm going through now and deleting the video from all the other threads that you posted it to as we do not allow for cross posting here on FC. Please do not post the video any more on FC.

I think I know the answer, but are you affiliated in any way with this product? Please advise, thanks.

:peace:
Sorry Stu.. I got a little carried away.. the chewy guys are based in Ireland too.. and I contacted them.. they said they'd give me a copper metal sample to review once they are in production if I helped them promote a little.. I guess I got carried away.. wont happen again.

dubbydoo,
Reactions: Shrike

lazylathe

Almost there...
My KannaStor VAPE GR8TR arrived tonight!!!:D

WOW!! This is a high class and finish grinder!!
Instant testing with some super rock, hard OG Kush. My SCS battles to grind this bud and causes my arthritis in my hands to get aggravated, not a good thing for me!

Initial grind was a bit weird because of the closeness of the teeth, so at first it was a bit mashy feeling.
Most likely because of the bud i chose.
After a turn or two it settles down nicely and is smooth as silk!!
It took a few turn to grind it all up fine enough to fit through the small holes.
A quick check a few turns later and it was all ground, very fast and easy!
Unscrew the bottom and you find a beautiful dished bowl on the bottom!!!
Bud slides out with nothing remaining stuck to the bowl, so no need to wipe out with a brush.

Loaded a bowl in Herbie and it was great!!
Beautiful taste and flavour and clouds!

Awesome grinder if you like the fine grind!!

Mulehead

Awesome grinder if you like the fine grind!!

And if you're not a fan of a fine grind, or if your device requires a more course grind, you can get the plate with bigger holes. I'm finding that some of my vapes (solo) like the more course plate.

@lazylathe, kinda crazy grinding/grating the first time eh?
My inaugural grind kind of dissapointed me until I opened her up and saw how consistent the ground material came out, and comes out every single time!

Also mine seems to be self cleaning. So LMK your results Lazy on maintenance/cleaning. You'll notice the holes appear clogged after prolonged use with sticky material, but the grater action always pushes material through.

Going on two months without cleaning, or poking out holes, and still loving it!

Justpassedu

Can anyone recommend a decently priced large size grinder ? I usually grind enough for a week or two of vaping and keep the rest in a sealed jar. I been wanting something that i could just make a few passes through the grinder instead of having to grind like 10x , dump and fill again . Thanks

Justpassedu,

Aimless Ryan

I think you might do well with a large 2-piece Space Case, if you don't need more than two pieces.

Or a large 2-piece Santa Cruz Shredder. However, large Space Case is considerably bigger (3.5" to 2.75").

Top Bottom