Herb Grinders

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I don't think mine did, either. But, my other one did, and I thought it was kinda dorky. Never used it. I can use my fingertip to sweep out some kief for vaping when I want it.

Enchantre,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
I don't think mine did, either. But, my other one did, and I thought it was kinda dorky. Never used it. I can use my fingertip to sweep out some kief for vaping when I want it.

Do you guys have the 2 piece or 4 piece? The squeegee would only be in the 4 piece shredder...

Shrike,

Rrose Selavy

log enthusiast
My scs didn't have a "squeegie" :cry:
i recently bought a scs at a lhs and they said they only recently started making the squeegees. its funny because i got a mini so the squeegee does not even fit. not that its a problem i love my scs

Rrose Selavy,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
New volcano grinder, a gift from PV after breaking my first HA GonG adapter within hours of having last week. I kind of feel like having a contest and giving it away after getting my SCS yesterday. I really have no use for it other then display at this point. lol I do like the transparent orange though. :)

23wo2yu.jpg

35jvy9g.jpg

Live-N-Learn,
Reactions: b0

b0

Cloudy...
New volcano grinder, a gift from PV after breaking my first HA GonG adapter within hours of having last week. I kind of feel like having a contest and giving it away after getting my SCS yesterday. I really have no use for it other then display at this point. lol I do like the transparent orange though. :)

Hi LNL, does it grind finer than the SCS? Because for my MFLB I will like a finer grind, I always end doing the scisors in a bottle trick. For everything else I love the grind of my SCS :rockon:

b0,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
I havent used it yet, just got my new PV shipment minutes ago. I dont even wanna use it TBH. I crushed up a bunch of herb last night in my SCS to look at LOL

Live-N-Learn,

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have one of those and it works okay.
The drier the herb, the finer the grind.
If it is slightly sticky it gums up the grinder badly, guess that happens with all grinders though.

I am pretty happy with mine and 6 months later is is still going strong!
I also have a 3 stage aluminum one that catches the resin glands which i really like using.

lazylathe,

max

Out to lunch
Hi LNL, does it grind finer than the SCS? Because for my MFLB I will like a finer grind, I always end doing the scisors in a bottle trick. For everything else I love the grind of my SCS :rockon:
Any good 2 pc. grinder will give you a fine grind if the bud is dry, and nothing will, if it's not dry. With a 2 pc., even a large size, you just keep grinding until the consistency suits you. With a screen grinder, any screen grinder, you won't get a grind that's ideal for the MF because of the holes. You'd have to hold it upside down to keep the herb in the grinding chamber.
I always end doing the scisors in a bottle trick.
You'll have a lot easier time, and much better success with getting a fine grind, if you dry the herb that you want to use in the MF. When you grind for the LB, you want it dry enough to turn to an almost powdery state.

max,

Kief

Medicated
Any good 2 pc. grinder will give you a fine grind if the bud is dry, and nothing will, if it's not dry.
I have to disagree with this... Most times when I grind for my MFLB, my herb is taken right out of a jar containing a 62% Humidipack and it grinds to a very nice fine grind with my MF Nano, Herb Mill, or even my SCS Mini. My herb is never dry.

With a 2 pc., even a large size, you just keep grinding until the consistency suits you.
I have tried this many times with dry and moist herb and have never been happy with the results. I would never get an even consistency, half would be perfect and the rest would be a fine powder (too fine), and make more of a mess in the grinder. I also believe that when you "just keep grinding" with a normal 2-piece, you end up loosing a bit more of the trichomes to the grinder... even more if it's very dry.

Your results will vary. :2c:

Kief,

Donesmokin

Does anyone have any opinions on a mortar and pestle for the MFLB? I picked up a decent mini mortar for 10 bucks on Amazon. I am pretty happy with the results, however, drier bud works better.
I have used a mortar and pestle and it works just fine. However, I only grind one or two vape loads at a time.

Donesmokin,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
So I noticed that somebody has been working on their website.

I'm so proud to contribute, :tup:, and I feel honored for even being asked.

Superior Grip by Santa Cruz Shredder

"SANTA CRUZ SHREDDER prides itself as the best grinder available for our Medical customers. Our “knurled” grip is much more pronounced than other grinders, improving hand and finger grip. You can see the superior grip pattern as well as feel how much easier it is to turn. This extremely gripable lid makes it that much easier to rotate the grinder, lowering the torque necessary to use our product and providing a “butter” smooth tobacco fluffing tool."

lwien

"The Worlds First and Only Medical Grade Grinder"?

THAT is the reason why owners of companies or inventors of products should never write their own ad copy.

goatgobaahh

I have been waiting to tell you guys all day!!
I am VERY happy to announce (with much convincing from this thread) I JUST got my 2 piece large SCS in the mail!!!

It is a beautiful piece I need to grind up a gram or two real quick to see if it works as well as everyone has says, however there is one problem.

The SCS I got in the mail was black. The color I wanted was Red. I called EZ Vape and they were a pleasure to deal with I can switch it out no problem, just return to sender it with some additional information inside.

Here is my dilemma I have the box and a few grams right here. I REALLY want to grind this up with this SCS(I do have another grinder). However, I dont want to use the SCS because I have to send it back.

Should I keep the black one and grind this up right here?

Or should I wait get the right color then use it?

Whatcha think FC?

goatgobaahh,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The red was cool at first, but its been wearing on me over time. So I've put it away for a while and am saving it for the holidays . . . :)

olivianewtonjohn

Go with your gut otherwise you will regret it. I will say that I heard the black looks good because you can see every spec of the herb due to the contrast.

http://techstoned.wordpress.com/

"Finally, if you are planning on acquiring any grinder, be sure to choose the black models. Yes, black is better, and I say this due to my experience with my Shredder. I only chose black at the store because I liked it over the turquoise they had, but to my delight it has turned out to be a great decision. I noticed it immediately after grinding my first nug: you can see the keif all over the inside of the grinder. Just look at the close ups I took of the Shredder: it’s quite easy to see a dusty layer of keif on almost everything. How satisfying it was to witness all that crystal being caught in the grinder that I had been losing on my fingertips and jeans for years. It looked like green dust all on the inside, it was quite beautiful. I’ve used many silver grinders and other colours, but black is definitely the only one that lets you actually see the crystals, because the yellowy/green on black is very noticeable."

goatgobaahh

The red was cool at first, but its been wearing on me over time. So I've put it away for a while and am saving it for the holidays . . . :)
Could you possibly post a picture if you still have it around? The website says they aren't supposed to scratch (which is I think impossible) Also, kinda mad this one came lightly scratched =/

PS: Red and Green would look beautiful!

Go with your gut otherwise you will regret it. I will say that I heard the black looks good because you can see every spec of the herb due to the contrast.

http://techstoned.wordpress.com/

"Finally, if you are planning on acquiring any grinder, be sure to choose the black models. Yes, black is better, and I say this due to my experience with my Shredder. I only chose black at the store because I liked it over the turquoise they had, but to my delight it has turned out to be a great decision. I noticed it immediately after grinding my first nug: you can see the keif all over the inside of the grinder. Just look at the close ups I took of the Shredder: it’s quite easy to see a dusty layer of keif on almost everything. How satisfying it was to witness all that crystal being caught in the grinder that I had been losing on my fingertips and jeans for years. It looked like green dust all on the inside, it was quite beautiful. I’ve used many silver grinders and other colours, but black is definitely the only one that lets you actually see the crystals, because the yellowy/green on black is very noticeable."

Hmm this is really making my decision hard!!

goatgobaahh,
Top Bottom