• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herb Grinders

Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic
Hello to all, I bought a 4 piece Medium Santa Cruz Crusher today in the limited edition green.
My question is what sizes are there that are made?
Is it just mini, medium, and large? Or is there also a small size?

The reason being because I see some sites that offer a small size but I don't know if they're legit or not.

I really believe that when my grinder comes in that it will be amazing due to all of the talk about how its even better than Space Case.

A final question is how fast is the shipping to California and is their packaging discreet? Thank you!

Shipwreck,

PB88123

Vaporist
Hello to all, I bought a 4 piece Medium Santa Cruz Crusher today in the limited edition green.
My question is what sizes are there that are made?
Is it just mini, medium, and large? Or is there also a small size?

The reason being because I see some sites that offer a small size but I don't know if they're legit or not.

I really believe that when my grinder comes in that it will be amazing due to all of the talk about how its even better than Space Case.

A final question is how fast is the shipping to California and is their packaging discreet? Thank you!

It helps to know where you bought it from so we can tell you how long it may take to ship to you.

They make a jumbo, large, medium and mini from what I see from their site http://www.santacruzshredder.bigcartel.com/category/4-piece-grinders

On grasscity I see they offer a "small" santa cruz shredder but it is the same size as a medium SCS on their official site.

I bought mine from the official site so it will be shipping from Cali so between 2-3 days it will take to get to me.

Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic
I too bought mine from the official site and I also live in California.
Glad to know ill be getting it next week. :) thank you for the answer and I chose a good size I believe.
The mini looks to be too small and since buying the medium it looks like this will be the last grinder Ill ever need to buy.

Shipwreck,

mmafighterthe25

i am buying a two peice medium santa cruz shredder today. I own ti space case medium 4 peice, a mendo 4 peice medium, mendo medium 2 peice, an small illadelph edition space case. so far mendo two peice is best finest grind. Im hoping the green edition santa cruz two peice is real deal. whats the shipping you get its 9.99. i live in pa how long will take.

mmafighterthe25,

Left

After reading many replies in this thread, along with some other great things I've heard about Santa Cruz Crusher on another site, I've pretty much decided that I will be ordering the Santa Cruz Shredder large grinder. The only thing I'm wondering is if I should specifically avoid buying a particular color, as I have read (in this thread) that the Space Case's titanium finish chips off and I'm not sure if the Santa Cruz Shredder will suffer from the same problem. This is the post that worries me:

I purchased a med. 2 piece and a med. 4 piece SCS from PV when they were first released. I share all the thoughts that they grind absolutely awesome but sadly (I have horrible luck) the 2 piece had the anodized coating rubbed off the teeth after only the first week or so, and the 4 piece got scratched on the male side of the rim, nothing crazy just a few horizontal scratches along the side, from normal use.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Black and Gunmetal look nice, but I can settle for silver if it means not having to worry about anything in the future... unless they all are coated.

Thanks.

Left,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I have a red one, and haven't had any issues with the coating.

(it's still my favourite grinder :tup:)
What he said, color and everything :D

santacruz1v.jpg

vape4life

Banned for life
FWIW, both my 2 piece and 4 piece were silver...they are all anodized and are not supposed to scratch. AFAIK, my 2 SCS' are the only 2 reported on here with the coating coming off. Damn I wish I took pics of them before I sent them back to PV for you guys to see. It wasn't "chips" like on an anodized space case, but rather small "patches" rubbed off the teeth on the 2 piece, and on the 4 piece they were horizontal scratches from "spinning contact"...nothing huge, but definitley 2 or 3 scratches.

vape4life,
Reactions: Left

taggert420

Anyone know the best price for the santa cruz shredder? This is the first time I am buying a "good" grinder...just been using cheap ones. I was debating space case but after this thread I am pretty sure I want an SCS. I am probably going to just get a small one for now, does anyone have the small one? Too small or perfect?

taggert420,

PB88123

Vaporist
Anyone know the best price for the santa cruz shredder? This is the first time I am buying a "good" grinder...just been using cheap ones. I was debating space case but after this thread I am pretty sure I want an SCS. I am probably going to just get a small one for now, does anyone have the small one? Too small or perfect?

Official site you can get 10% off using coupon code tokecity420

http://www.santacruzshredder.bigcartel.com/category/4-piece-grinders

or planetvape use coupon code FCLOVE10

http://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-accessories/grinders.html

I use a medium just for myself and don't grind much. It was tough deciding between a mini or medium but decided on going a little bigger.

PB88123,

taggert420

Thanks. I ended up going with a medium one as well, but I went to amazon.com. They had the best deal of a medium 4 piece blue SCS grinder $59 shipped + expedited shipping. They had it listed as small on amazon but the measurements add up the medium one on scs website so I am pretty sure I am getting the medium one. Happy to be getting a good grinder for a change...should last a LONG time.

taggert420,

Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic
Got my medium Santa Cruz Shredder.
Id like to thank Matt for personally helping me and with the super fast shipping time!
The grinder is amazing, one day your company will absolutely explode because they're just awesome. Plus the lifetime warranty is very nice to have.
The size of it is perfect for my needs and I'm shocked I can grind such small ammounts even though it isn't the mini.
20130117_190938.jpg

First ginder I've bought for my SSV.
10/10

Professor Pickles

Damnit, I knew when I saw this "shredder" I was on to something. Then to come here and see the rave reviews... I ended up ordering a large 4 piece along with mini, medium, and large 2 pieces. I plan on giving away the sizes that I don't use to friends and family. Discount code 'tokecity420' (thanks PB88123) worked for 10%. Can't wait to do some shreddin' :rockon:

Professor Pickles,
Reactions: smokum

shortwind

Maybe this question has already been answered, but here goes:
Does anyone know of any very tiny electronic herb grinders? I have issues with exertion and most grinders are difficult for me to use. I have used a coffee grinder, but I mostly do tiny amounts of many different strains and would prefer something small. I now use a credit card style grinder, which is okay, but would like something that grinds a bit finer (I have a MFLB) and again, preferably electronic (battery operated would be fine).
Thanks!

shortwind,

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
I recently bought one of those sharpstone mill grinders(with the handle on top) and it is the best grinder I have ever used. 3-4 spins and all the cannabis has fallen to the bottom ready to be used!

Skeena,

lwien

I recently bought one of those sharpstone mill grinders(with the handle on top) and it is the best grinder I have ever used. 3-4 spins and all the cannabis has fallen to the bottom ready to be used!

Consider yourself fortunate. I've heard horror stories about that grinder.

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
I tried a knockoff one where the spinning blades would rub against the lower ones, not the case with the real one.

Skeena,

sagery

Just bought a medium 4 piece gunmetal santa cruz shredder off PV...I've been rocking a cheap large 4 piece grinder(so frustrating/sticky/stuck/needs a cleaning) for years now, so i cant wait to see what this beauty can do. i also use the original volcano grinder

sagery,

John Lewus

I am on the fence about getting the SCS 4 piece either medium or large. I have a large 2 piece space case and a cheaper 4 piece medium generic from Amazon that I use now. I mostly use a cloud and occasionally my solo.

1. Is the SCS grind for 4 piece fine enough for solo?
2. Are cloud users happy with SCS 4 piece? I love my 2 piece space case but hate having to dump herb to load into ELBs which is why I want a 4 piece. I am thinking the fluffy grind would be awesome for cloud.
3. Is it easy to load into ELBs from the grinder without having to dump? I want to avoid a mess on table and increase efficiency.
4. Is the SCS 4 piece the easiest to keep from sticking?

John Lewus,

X24

I am on the fence about getting the SCS 4 piece either medium or large. I have a large 2 piece space case and a cheaper 4 piece medium generic from Amazon that I use now. I mostly use a cloud and occasionally my solo.

1. Is the SCS grind for 4 piece fine enough for solo?
2. Are cloud users happy with SCS 4 piece? I love my 2 piece space case but hate having to dump herb to load into ELBs which is why I want a 4 piece. I am thinking the fluffy grind would be awesome for cloud.
3. Is it easy to load into ELBs from the grinder without having to dump? I want to avoid a mess on table and increase efficiency.
4. Is the SCS 4 piece the easiest to keep from sticking?

In my experience with the Solo, the consistency isn't too big of a concern. With the small bowl size and the hybrid (convection/conduction) heating, you vape a load pretty thoroughly regardless of consistency.

IMHO, if you want the 4 piece, get it and don't worry about grind consistency.

Somebody else is welcome to chime in, especially if you have a 4 piece and can comment on the consistency.

I've found that as long as I'm grinding at home, this setup works well:
Vaen4B7.jpg

Grind, dump, use the small hole I bored into the bowl to transfer to a container or vape.

lwien

Here's what I do.

Fold a piece of letter sized piece so that there's a crease in the middle. Unfold it. Dump ground material on paper. Hold paper so grind falls in crease. Tilt paper so ground bud falls down crease into vape or small container........or whatever.

If using a PD or the wand on my LSV, I'll just suck it up from paper.

Weird. I think this is the first time I ever tried to explain this that I have been doing for years.

Regarding grind consistency, when I'm nearing the bowl being cashed out, I'll dumb in palm of hand and rub between fingers and reload.

Top Bottom