• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herb Grinders

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
I love the blue as well. I recently bought the small SCS in blue as I already have a medium sized space case. I too find the grind a touch fluffier than the SC.

Message for Tweek: "that's right, the mascara snake, fast and bulbous."

VapeArts,
Reactions: Tweek
C

cstriker045

Sort of a newbie at vaping in general, I smoked my fair bit but almost entirely out of pipes and bongs. My friend had a volcano and I loved it, but I don't know much about it.

It looks like most people are recommending the SCS at the moment, I was just wondering what size to get. For example, I don't smoke much, maybe a 2-3 times a week. With that in mind, should I just go for the mini? Or is the medium a better bet? Say I got the PAX, would I basically have to fill the mini to get one bowl, or would it be sufficient to last the week?

Thanks!

cstriker045,

Tweek

My personal approach is buy bigger than you need...so I would go for a medium, unless you need one that is ultra portable. This way you have the room should you want to grind more, and not feel like you have to upgrade down the road. If money is tight and you would like something like the SCS and can only afford the small, then just stick to that. You can always grind and dump out to a bowl or jar ;)

Tweek,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I purchased the large size SCS and it has worked just fine for me whether loading it up or just shredding a single budlet. So that size purchase has worked out well for me in either situation.

smokum,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I purchased a large size SCS as well and I've been really happy with it. Construction quality is really solid, so far no signs of wear and after a solid week or so of use (instead of my medium space case), it's just starting to get build-up so I'm going to need to apply some grinder grease.

Price is much better than the Space Cases as well and I think I prefer the grind slightly (I think I'll have to eventually get a medium SCS so that I can compare apples to apples between the SC and the SCS)

JCat,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The bottom insert ("male" portion) is longer.. and the Upper lip slips over it farther. This adds to structural integrity.
The SC design is "50/50" insert, and upper lip.
Naturally with much the SC will become worn a bit sooner (in it's "fit" or turning action).
My Shredder is my main grinder now, but not exclusive...
I still use the medium and small 2 piece SC for a couple of daily applications.
I am with you all the way... the SCS is in it for the long haul... and will only pick up momentum as more learn about it!

Vitolo,

Kief

Medicated
Hi ! Sorry but I don't want to read 131 pages :brow: !
What do you think about these grinders (non aluminum) ?
Grinder 1
Grinder 2 (+ pollen press)

I highly recommend the first one, those zinc/steel Smart Crushers are the best 4-piece grinders for vaping IMO... and maybe the best 4-piece out there for the price. After using one for several months, my only complaint is that the kief screen is too fine and does not collect very much. If you search this thread, you'll find some more info about it. The seller "merchants-wholesale" is where I got mine and I have read other positive reviews here about them.

Kief,

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
Thank to you Kief, I just order it today to replace a Space Case 4 pieces I ordered on ebay too, but I think I got screwed because the lip has a few mm of lateral play :\ ... in addition it has no magnet

my only complaint is that the kief screen is too fine and does not collect very much

But higher quality kief ;)

LeTchen,

ViviDVapE

yay weed
No lie the scs looks madd cool but a grinders a grinder :/ I use an electric coffee grinder.. it works great and builds kief like a mother.

ViviDVapE,

Tweek

Yeah, I am borderline slapping myself for spending so much on a grinder, but its sweet. I've used some cheaper grinders in the past, and was not too happy with the metal flakes I was finding in my herbs, so I bit the bullet and bought a SC at first which rectified that issue...now with the SCS built like a tank, I know I won't have to buy another unless I lose it.

That being said, if you can find a cheaper alternative that's well built, go for it...I'm just a bit of a gadget freak, so cool toys are a weakness :D

Tweek,
Reactions: JCat

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
Hi all !
I received a grinder Space Case 4 pieces (no magnet) 2" from "Half baked goods" on Ebay and I think I got screwed because the lip has a few mm of lateral play ... do you think it's normal ?? and it was sent without box with only a tape around it.....
Owners of the same grinder, the lip of your grinder is it tight or loose ?

LeTchen,

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
If you look well at the picture, you can see there is no magnet (and I know because Ihave this one !)
But my problem is not the magnet, is the lid fits

LeTchen,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
If you look well at the picture, you can see there is no magnet (and I know because Ihave this one !)
But my problem is not the magnet, is the lid fits

I have an old Space Case that looks like the one you have and it doesn't have a magnet. It is probably 5 - 10+ years old though. The Keif scrapper is rectangular shaped, also normal for old SCs. Not sure this helps you in any way since you were buying a new one.

I'm not sure what you mean by the lip of the grinder. I would say all the tolerances on my SC are pretty tight. I can move the top most section with the teeth back and forth/side to side a very small bit. There is a slight space between the top piece and the next one down as compared to the screw on sections which have no space between them.

VapeArts,

Tweek

Anyone else notice a bit of slack in the screen on their SCS? Mine just popped a little and I noticed that area is softer than the rest of the screen. Just wondering if this is normal or if I should swap for another one?

Tweek,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
hmmm, hope that isn't a norm with the SCS ! but I gifted my 4 pce and kept my 2 pce so can't comment.

smokum,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Anyone else notice a bit of slack in the screen on their SCS? Mine just popped a little and I noticed that area is softer than the rest of the screen. Just wondering if this is normal or if I should swap for another one?
Mine so far is tight as a drum, I'll keep an eye on it though and report anything unsatisfactory.

I still love the shred, some thoughts. The shred gets notchy quickly so you have to keep its teeth "picked clean" so to speak. The grip is still fantastic, its no big deal. The finish is superior to the spacecase Ti. I actually dropped my SCS and although it dented, the finish is intact. My old SC Ti, after one year of routine use, is hacked up . . .

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I could be completely wrong, but every legit Space Case I've seen has a magnet.

You are wrong. Bought my space case at a very trusty and reputable LHS and it doesnt have a magnet. Originally i thought i was purchasing one with a magnet and was dissapointed about it not having a magnet. However i did buy the biggest one available so Its not really a big deal since i dont really travel with it. Ihave spilled a load or two by dropping it hand having the lid fly off but a couple of spills in 5-6 years of owning it isnt really that big of a deal.

Finally, I was a little dissappointed about not having the magnet, however now I love it and would definetly by a non magnetic one t again its soo much easier, not having to break up buds to fit around the magnet or gettng chunks stuck on or around the magnet so the lid doesnt close.

Mynameismud,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
20121209_155848.jpg

Just picked up a large 2 piece - I love this thing!

Edward Hyde

i have my eyes on a santa cruz shreder also but before i spend more money for this month i am really curious to know if the grinding of the santa cruz is fine enough to use for the mflb...i am sure for the inhalater it will be just fine.but the question is if i keep grinding will i manage a fine grind even close to the mflb grinder for example?

Edward Hyde,
Reactions: X24

Kief

Medicated
i have my eyes on a santa cruz shreder also but before i spend more money for this month i am really curious to know if the grinding of the santa cruz is fine enough to use for the mflb...i am sure for the inhalater it will be just fine.but the question is if i keep grinding will i manage a fine grind even close to the mflb grinder for example?

No, you will get more of a fine shred... not an extra fine grind. The SCS Mini will get close to a MFLB grind, but not close enough for me.

I recomend the Volcano grinder for the MFLB, it will grind as fine or as coarse as you want and not hurt your fingers. It's super cheap, works fast, and I can grind about 3 trenches worth at a time.

Kief,
Top Bottom