Heavy Hitter Desktop Advice

notams

toke down Babylon
Sorry @Green Kiwi for not seeing that question about Golden Goat. Looks like you got the info. I'm not a grower, just a user. I stumbled upon that strain a while ago and fell in love. Hope it works out for you.

@Paperback Writer love the VU reference! The other day me and Victoria (that's my Vapbong's name) were listening to Bowie do his cover of White Light / White Heat. That one line, "white light makes me sound like Lou Reed". Love it. I sing along, "Vapbong makes me feel like Lou Reed". Perfect heavy hitter soundtrack.

So.... Have you decided? What's your choice of heavy hitter desktop?

Paperback Writer

Im a Rastaman not a Dreadlock
Sorry @Green Kiwi for not seeing that question about Golden Goat. Looks like you got the info. I'm not a grower, just a user. I stumbled upon that strain a while ago and fell in love. Hope it works out for you.

@Paperback Writer love the VU reference! The other day me and Victoria (that's my Vapbong's name) were listening to Bowie do his cover of White Light / White Heat. That one line, "white light makes me sound like Lou Reed". Love it. I sing along, "Vapbong makes me feel like Lou Reed". Perfect heavy hitter soundtrack.

So.... Have you decided? What's your choice of heavy hitter desktop?

Love it 🚀

@notams To be honest I have been going back and forth an awful lot and I am leaning towards the Elev8r!

I saw a sweet jhook from Oregon glass blower that I fell in love with so hoping to scoop these up when the 420 sales take place.

I still want a VapBong but looks like it's going to be some time before they are in stock. The only thing that is complicating things is E43. It has an exposed coil, but the value and quality of the vapor is what drawing my eye. Now I see why so many have a plethora of devices 😂

nonamekevin

Love it 🚀

@notams To be honest I have been going back and forth an awful lot and I am leaning towards the Elev8r!

I saw a sweet jhook from Oregon glass blower that I fell in love with so hoping to scoop these up when the 420 sales take place.

I still want a VapBong but looks like it's going to be some time before they are in stock. The only thing that is complicating things is E43. It has an exposed coil, but the value and quality of the vapor is what drawing my eye. Now I see why so many have a plethora of devices 😂
The exposed coil is why I didn't recommend the elev8r with enail. I thought your young one would play with the controller and have an accident.

The elev8r with a torch, while it takes some time to get consistent hits, is still a monster of a vape (its my daily right now). Flavor is top, and it is heavy, imo. When I had the coil setup, I actually got a little nervous using it cause of how hard it hits.

:rockon:

Paperback Writer

The exposed coil is why I didn't recommend the elev8r with enail. I thought your young one would play with the controller and have an accident.

The elev8r with a torch, while it takes some time to get consistent hits, is still a monster of a vape (its my daily right now). Flavor is top, and it is heavy, imo. When I had the coil setup, I actually got a little nervous using it cause of how hard it hits.

@nonamekevin I hear you about the exposed coil, my plan was to have it unplugged and not in reach when not in use but I hear you about the accident. Fortunately, my little ones are respectful of my things and I have gotten pretty good at keeping things incognito, but I truly appreciate the concern.

What is interesting is what you said about the coil set up, I'm going for cool, dense vapor. So you kept the torch version in lieu of the coil?

nonamekevin

@nonamekevin I hear you about the exposed coil, my plan was to have it unplugged and not in reach when not in use but I hear you about the accident. Fortunately, my little ones are respectful of my things and I have gotten pretty good at keeping things incognito, but I truly appreciate the concern.

What is interesting is what you said about the coil set up, I'm going for cool, dense vapor. So you kept the torch version in lieu of the coil?
I sold the coil and controller, not because I like to torch more, but I thought I was quiting vaping and cleared out the collection.

For consistency, the coil and controller can't be beat. If you don't purchase from either 7th floor or vgoodiez.com, you'll have to form the coil yourself. It's not hard, just take your time.

Using a torch is way faster, and is more portable. And it's less expensive of an entry into the vape, and easier to store away.

Either way, the elev8r hits hard. Really hard. And flavor is as you would expect from an all glass vape.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Love it 🚀

Nice, I don't think OGB does 420 sales btw in case you were waiting for that from him... I also wonder if the hook you fell in love with, is the crazy $120 one with all the spikes haha (it is priced for the difficulty involved)

Paperback Writer

Nice, I don't think OGB does 420 sales btw in case you were waiting for that from him... I also wonder if the hook you fell in love with, is the crazy $120 one with all the spikes haha (it is priced for the difficulty involved)

@Shit Snacks That's the one!

I was on the fence for quite a while on the vapor scope for the lotus and I slept on it. But I saw this one today and I just pictured myself sipping some cool vapor, playing a glass 🎷

Thanks for the heads up about the sale I wasn't sure but I was banking on it. Do you happen to have one?

Paperback Writer

I sold the coil and controller, not because I like to torch more, but I thought I was quiting vaping and cleared out the collection.

For consistency, the coil and controller can't be beat. If you don't purchase from either 7th floor or vgoodiez.com, you'll have to form the coil yourself. It's not hard, just take your time.

Using a torch is way faster, and is more portable. And it's less expensive of an entry into the vape, and easier to store away.

Either way, the elev8r hits hard. Really hard. And flavor is as you would expect from an all glass vape.

🤘 I'm digging it and that is why I was thinking about picking up both 👀 but I'm trying not because I feel like I can be a little extra at times 😂

But I'm no stranger to torch driven vapes, so I think I might just go with the torch version and hopefully pick up VapBong or Musa 2 in the future

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks That's the one!

I was on the fence for quite a while on the vapor scope for the lotus and I slept on it. But I saw this one today and I just pictured myself sipping some cool vapor, playing a glass 🎷

Thanks for the heads up about the sale I wasn't sure but I was banking on it. Do you happen to have one?

Maybe email him to ask, but yeah as far as I know OGB doesn't do sales, his stuff is priced accordingly what it costs basically! It was another member here who designed that hook, after I designed two other customs that OGB now offers on his site as well (the spiked right angle L hook and the double right angle side car) I am also tempted by that hook, but I will probably get another each of the other two instead for the greater value... In my experience the right angles do more to cool than the spikes, but yeah that hook is next level lol I've got some really cool, nice customs coming from Phineas Glass that I'm excited about too!

Paperback Writer

Maybe email him to ask, but yeah as far as I know OGB doesn't do sales, his stuff is priced accordingly what it costs basically! It was another member here who designed that hook, after I designed two other customs that OGB now offers on his site as well (the spiked right angle L hook and the double right angle side car) I am also tempted by that hook, but I will probably get another each of the other two instead for the greater value... In my experience the right angles do more to cool than the spikes, but yeah that hook is next level lol I've got some really cool, nice customs coming from Phineas Glass that I'm excited about too!

Wow that is pretty cool I didn't know the backstory and I will definitely check out Phineas, thanks for the rec!

west-elec

🤘 I'm digging it and that is why I was thinking about picking up both 👀 but I'm trying not because I feel like I can be a little extra at times 😂

But I'm no stranger to torch driven vapes, so I think I might just go with the torch version and hopefully pick up VapBong or Musa 2 in the future
I think you have made a very good decision. I've got a lot of more expensive 'better' on paper vapes that I use a lot less than my elev8r and while I use the enail more often because I'm so lazy, the torch method with elev8r wand and a 14mm jhook (they mate perfectly, held in one hand pinkie through the j) is my favourite vape setup of all time. The ritual of the torch... turning the glass wand, like a real life glass blower...watching the glow...mesmerising...then the reward...ahhh

Vapefanatic

If you're on the fence about the E43, don't be! Its one of the very best imo. The price does not reflect how good this thing is. It at least rivals both my Vrod and Weedeater. Just based on vapor production, taste and extraction capabilities alone, the E43 also beats the Vapbong imhoe. I'm talking about the enail controlled unit.

Paperback Writer

I think you have made a very good decision. I've got a lot of more expensive 'better' on paper vapes that I use a lot less than my elev8r and while I use the enail more often because I'm so lazy, the torch method with elev8r wand and a 14mm jhook (they mate perfectly, held in one hand pinkie through the j) is my favourite vape setup of all time. The ritual of the torch... turning the glass wand, like a real life glass blower...watching the glow...mesmerising...then the reward...ahhh

@west-elec you make it sound like quite the treat. That's the thing about it, I keep trying to convince myself I need both versions :) The way you describe the ritual of the torch you painted a scene so vividly in my mind ...something about that manual process, like driving a stick.

Paperback Writer,
Reactions: vapirtoo

Paperback Writer

If you're on the fence about the E43, don't be! Its one of the very best imo. The price does not reflect how good this thing is. It at least rivals both my Vrod and Weedeater. Just based on vapor production, taste and extraction capabilities alone, the E43 also beats the Vapbong imhoe. I'm talking about the enail controlled unit.

Thanks @Vapefanatic, its amazing how good these vapes are nowadays, hard to go wrong!

Paperback Writer,
Reactions: vapirtoo

justcametomind

They also have the 7-12 V heater and bowl of the Verdamper, if you buy the VVPS you then have a working poorman’s Verdamper for less than 250€

Last edited:

Vaporware

Not sure if i missed it but if you don't mind exposed heating elements then why not get a Flowerpot? Its very durable, easy to clean, hits hard and versatile

The Herborizer is another great option in that class, and it’s cheaper than a FlowerPot in Europe.

I get the OP’s concerns, and a VapBong with 1 cord and very few extra pieces is a bit safer from kids/etc. but with a little planning I think a FlowerPot or Herborizer could work well too.

With the FlowerPot you only have 2 cords, and if you tuck the controller away you only really have 1 cord to worry about. If you can put something over/around it to protect it when it’s hot and not in active use (or only turn it on when there aren’t kids around to mess with it) it should be fine.

We all have stoves, etc. and don’t consider their ability to burn people a dealbreaker. :shrug:

If the OP really isn’t comfortable with it that’s okay, it’s not the safest setup to have around kids or pets, but I do think it’s at least worth real consideration because it is still once of the best vaporizers around.

That said, the VapBong and some others are also great options, possibly even better for the OP. :)

Enialis

Are there any other PID controlled vapes besides the flowerpot i should look into before buying one? I'm a little out of the loop. Or anything else thats more durable than a cloud evo which has glass thats glue wears off causing it to spin and break after years of use or through standard gong mishaps.

I already have a cloud evo but am looking for something more durable to use while its in for repairs and because I know I'll do the same thing to it over time and idk if they'll service it or be open in another 4 years so something very permanent without replacement or breakable parts would be nice unless its under $200.

Enialis,

Shit Snacks

Are there any other PID controlled vapes besides the flowerpot i should look into before buying one? I'm a little out of the loop. Or anything else thats more durable than a cloud evo which has glass thats glue wears off causing it to spin and break after years of use or through standard gong mishaps.

I already have a cloud evo but am looking for something more durable to use while its in for repairs and because I know I'll do the same thing to it over time and idk if they'll service it or be open in another 4 years so something very permanent without replacement or breakable parts would be nice unless its under $200.

Elev8r E43 set up or Supreme V6 kit from vgoodiez for enail, otherwise Underdog Alpha Dog or Art of Vapor (becoming Collyland) Vapbong or Bandit...

Vaporware

You can use a variety of controllers with the FlowerPot, but I’m happy with the Auber RDK-300 they have (or even their older one).

The controller and coil are about all that can fail on you and they’re common and easily replaceable. Even those should last a long time running 24 hours a day if you want, and the rest of it’s solid Titanium so you’d have to take some metal tools to it and put in real effort to damage it. :lol:

There is an interesting alternative in development right now, but if it’s ever released to the public we don’t know when that’ll be, so the FlowerPot is holding its spot for me until then. ;)

Also what Shit Snacks said. :)

Shit Snacks

Or anything else thats more durable than a cloud evo which has glass thats glue wears off causing it to spin and break after years of use or through standard gong mishaps.

UD and VB are not PID controlled.

I know ;) ^

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom