Heavy Hitter Desktop Advice

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I wouldn't trust survival from desk-height to hardwood floor (my situation). Maybe carpet would provide some relief, but compared to a wooden log vape or the hard-plastic Plenty/Mighty, Vapbong is decidedly more delicate.

But not as much as glass, a lot of things are delicate, I don't consider this one of them, I just don't see how mine are going to get knocked off the coffee table, they are so stable... I guess if you have it up high on a desk, an open corner not against the wall, you could turn in knock it off yourself, I would never be so careless with something like this personally... and I still think it is big and have enough to avoid. Delicate is one of the last things that come to mind when thinking of the vapbong!

The Vapbong weighs less than 3-lbs, has unfortunate weight distribution (heater ball adds a lot of weight halfway up the device), and could easily be knocked over by a cat walking on your desk or a child pulling on the power cord. Compared to the Volcano, which is stubborn to movement.

I only have experience with my Vapbong, not with the bandits.

I totally disagree about the weight distribution, the base is very stable, I don't think the heater affects the balance at all, if anything the way it is designed it only adds to the stability for the standard vapbong imo. I think that would have to be a really strong cat, with a lot of intent, a real dick of a cat, to push over a vapbong full of water... to me it is a very stable vase. I also would not think it wise to leave a vape somewhere where it can be pulled down by a child, that just seems a responsible, but also the cord does disconnect if you pull it? so they'd have to be tall enough to reach the top part of the cord and pull it by that and even so, I think it's still pretty heavy to offer some resistance, I guess if they keep pulling and it falls off the desk and hits them in the head? Yeah then you're just a negligent parent to me lol

To handle my Vapbong, I have my left thumb covering the carb hole, left hand wrapped around left of the bong. I'd like to have my left index finger higher, but do not because of the heater temperature. The angle that I have to hold the bong and how I have to hunch over to draw, it's not the most intrinsically comfortable experience.

Yeah I agree, but like I said I think the carb hole is not helpful at all, total inconvenience, why I find it better to completely cover it, I use my right hand to remove the ball bowl after each hit to clear regardless... Yeah much more comfortable and ergonomic one-handed use this way! And I agree about the hunching, really depends what kind of table you set it up at, but that is also part why I bought the bandit as well, although it also does require some hunching at my coffee table, so my next one coming does have a longer mouthpiece to help of it with that.

It's also incredibly easy to accidentally touch the heater, especially if it's someone unfamiliar with the device and you leave it on all the time.

Yeah it depends on the person, for me it is easy to avoid, especially now where I have it set up next to the wall so that is where the heater is facing. And yeah I don't have anyone else up in my space, that would be touching my stuff without me present, or even with me present lol Also I do not leave it on 24/7 personally, though my setting my situation I totally could without issue...

I love the Vapbong, but it all comes down to opinion and fit. If I were to start over from scratch, the Vapbong would probably still be 2-3 vapes down the list.

Totally just opinion and fit, and I respect your opinion, just want to share my counterpoints! What you mentioned are all things to consider for sure, could affect some users more than others, different lifestyles and all!

If I was starting from scratch, vapbong would be my desktop grab asap (along with tinymight and firewood7 for portables)

@Paperback Writer Yeah based on what you have posted here I still think a vapbong sounds right up your alley, if it can fit your lifestyle and budget ofcourse... Cloud Evo is still good even though it is old, but I do much prefer the vapbong myself (or honestly even heat islands)

Paperback Writer

Im a Rastaman not a Dreadlock
Thank you for saying this. It's not mentioned enough and so easily overlooked. I forget it myself most of the time.

You want a heavy hitter? You gotta start with quality cannabis. THAT might be a solution right there. I'm either immune or overly tolerant (I have a neurological disorder) to 'euphoric' effects of cannabis. But, the strain Golden Goat... whoa. I save that strain for when I need a heavy hitter.

Great post for this context @stinkytofus
Thanks @notams

For context, I have been partaking daily for just shy of 20 years and still micro dose. One rip in either of my dynavaps. Lotus, Nova usually does it for me.

For me the reason for the upgrade is I get bored of using the same device daily for years, as I have been (exception with the Nova). I wanted something 'cleaner' and looking for a different way to vaporizer rather than heating up metal as I do with my dynvaps and Lotus, not that anything is wrong with that and it probably is the the best way for quickness and effectiveness, but at this point in my life I want to change my work flow a littlebit with a desktop.

Thanks @Shit Snacks and @delicatebunting

Im not too conerned with it breaking, I have a pretty secure spot on my desk in my shed, no threat of people bumping it over and I have two senior pitties who dont get them zoomiez anymore :)

nonamekevin

Thanks @Shit Snacks and @delicatebunting

Im not too conerned with it breaking, I have a pretty secure spot on my desk in my shed, no threat of people bumping it over and I have two senior pitties who dont get them zoomiez anymore :)
Hey @Paperback Writer, did you mention anything about a budget?

And if you have a secluded spot in the shed, with no threat of people (including children) of knocking it over, then would you be open to vape suggestions with cords? Do you already have a favorite water piece that you use regularly?

:rockon:

nonamekevin,

Shit Snacks

Thanks @notams

For context, I have been partaking daily for just shy of 20 years and still micro dose. One rip in either of my dynavaps. Lotus, Nova usually does it for me.

For me the reason for the upgrade is I get bored of using the same device daily for years, as I have been (exception with the Nova). I wanted something 'cleaner' and looking for a different way to vaporizer rather than heating up metal as I do with my dynvaps and Lotus, not that anything is wrong with that and it probably is the the best way for quickness and effectiveness, but at this point in my life I want to change my work flow a littlebit with a desktop.

Nice yeah so you should be good with any of these, check out the HI thread, someone just got three logs all in the larger size, but with different heating elements... I think you might enjoy the glass core hybrid, maybe the regular smaller size, might not need the larger one for you... Vapbong can definitely micro dose as well, but when I use mine I often macro dose for the fun!

Paperback Writer

Nice yeah so you should be good with any of these, check out the HI thread, someone just got three logs all in the larger size, but with different heating elements... I think you might enjoy the glass core hybrid, maybe the regular smaller size, might not need the larger one for you... Vapbong can definitely micro dose as well, but when I use mine I often macro dose for the fun!
Thanks for the rec!

Your last sentence: "Vapbong can definitely micro dose as well, but when I use mine I often macro dose for the fun!"

I cant explain how well that resinated with me 😎🥳

Paperback Writer,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

delicatebunting

Then go Vapbong. It's definitely more of an "artisanal" experience than the sterility of glass. It has its quirks that don't make it my absolute favorite, but it's definitely very fun to use.

A log vape, like Ed's TNT which uses Dynavap tips, is really just a different heating method for a device you already own. If you're looking for a "new" experience, the Vapbong is probably it.

If I was starting from scratch, vapbong would be my desktop grab asap (along with tinymight and firewood7 for portables)

Desktop: Ed's TNT for flower, e-nail w/ sapphire insert for concentrate. I use a matrix perc w/ sidecar glass piece for both.

Portable: legal carts. I don't want to have to carry around flower/dabs. Even at my worst, it was hard to get through a cart/day when you're actually out and about and not just lazy on the couch.

Last edited:

Paperback Writer

Hey @Paperback Writer, did you mention anything about a budget?

And if you have a secluded spot in the shed, with no threat of people (including children) of knocking it over, then would you be open to vape suggestions with cords? Do you already have a favorite water piece that you use regularly?

What up @nonamekevin , The Top of my budget I will say is about 500, not that I have to spend that much, but I understand that with some things in life you got to pay to play

I am open to others that have cords, by my concern is that it will catch the interest of my 6-year-old scientist who loves to tinker with parts and machines :)

We have no water pieces other than a Grav spherical bubbler (10mm) but I have thought about grabing a 14mm bubbler to handle my lotus, but for quite some time we have small vaporizers and run them dry because and usually step out the backdoor to handle quickly,

Paperback Writer,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks

Desktop: Ed's TNT for flower, e-nail w/ sapphire insert for concentrate. I use a matrix perc w/ sidecar glass piece for both.

Portable: legal carts. I don't want to have to carry around flower/dabs. Even at my worst, it was hard to get through a cart/day when you're actually out and about and not just lazy on the couch.

Yeah a log makes sense, but I have not used mine since getting the vapbong, if I'm running herbs through water that is how noadays... I am only just now getting some concentrate set up, Sai stuff with bottomless bangers and regular torch banger set up, rabbit hole... I have a great inline honeycomb rig from dhgate.

Oh yeah haha if I need an actual out and about portable, just going to grab a cartridge, haven't had that need in over a year now though of course, and in general I don't like them as much as herbs... For me now the portables are around the house portables, and my go to use during the day during the week, vapbong I have settled into more of a weekend rotation to keep things special? I mean I have an excessive amount of vapes so I try to rotate through as many as I reasonably can lol

This was a fun little sidetrack for us in this thread!

howie105

milaana 2
sticky brick maxx
vapexhale
vapbong
newvape

lots more, what is more important is the quality of your buds
I got a guy who wants to trade me a Milaana 2 for another vape that I have via the mail. I would like to help, but I have never used a Milaana 2 how does it compare to your VapeXhale one of which I have used. TIA

delicatebunting

I am only just now getting some concentrate set up, Sai stuff with bottomless bangers and regular torch banger set up, rabbit hole... I have a great inline honeycomb rig from dhgate.

I just got out of this hole. Didn't even consider the bottomless Sai setup (I thought atomizers weren't in vogue).

Got a ruby insert and paired with a 710 deep-dish quartz banger. Originally used with my Stache Rio, but didn't like the 2 minute heat-up times (loved the temperature curve, though). Switched to an Auber RDK-300 enail and am pretty sure this is end game.

Shit Snacks

I got a guy who wants to trade me a Milaana 2 for another vape that I have via the mail. I would like to help, but I have never used a Milaana 2 how does it compare to your VapeXhale one of which I have used. TIA

Nice, I'd suggest skimming through the threads here for it, but to sum up it is a beast like the VXL, I sold my Cloud Evo when I got my Zion back (only bought it because I had dropped my beta Z) but kept the hydrotube to still use it with these portable vapes as they are just as capable as the Evo! The thing with the Milaana in particular though is how it is unregulated, so there's a bit more manual technique involved, could be a learning curve, but you should take to it if you have experience with pure convection on demand already... There are variables of how you load, how you draw, how you press the button, and your battery charge level, basically. What is the vape they want you to trade? Feel free to PM me!

I just got out of this hole. Didn't even consider the bottomless Sai setup (I thought atomizers weren't in vogue).

Got a ruby insert and paired with a 710 deep-dish quartz banger. Originally used with my Stache Rio, but didn't like the 2 minute heat-up times (loved the temperature curve, though). Switched to an Auber RDK-300 enail and am pretty sure this is end game.

Nice, yeah I wasn't sure until I realized how simple the Sai/+ are really, but I already have mods for some pure convection on demand vapes, and I knew I just wanted something that was going to use quartz and other buckets instead of annoying metal coils or ceramic like I had tried in the past... Also because everything was on sale for the impending mail ban problem... But yeah I decided to go with this instead of an actual enail ultimately because of the small form factor, portable and instant heat up, on top of the other reasons I mentioned.

I would like to try the Rio, but I finally got a good torch, same one my buddy has that is like a big shot knock off cheaper on Amazon and very reliable, simple thermal banger that was cheap at puff it up... What would level up, would be to get a nice recycler bubbler like my buddy now uses, so maybe I will do that in the future and maybe I will try an enail too (I mean my buddy has one so we have used that but it's been a long time, he prefers torch or e-rig) but yeah if I end up getting one of those crazy convection desktops that use the enail power boxes then I might as well get a new banger and enail set up as well! Then maybe I will go down rabbit hole of those ruby inserts too...

My bottomless banger arrived today from 510 mod (super fast shipping) and hopefully tomorrow my order from 710 coils will arrive as well with my purple quartz pi bubble cap and blue octopus mood mat! I have a lot of testing to do with the Sai/+ stuff, just got a ton of nice concentrates, but need to pace myself!

delicatebunting

Then maybe I will go down rabbit hole of those ruby inserts too...

It's the best dabbing upgrade IMO. Especially when paired with a constant heat source, perfect hits for the entire session and no reheat needed.

I have a Vrod I never use because the sapphire setup is so much better.

The Stache Rio is a great introductory setup and lifelong portable. It's like a starter car. Change the banger, add a sapphire insert, you're 95% of the way there.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

It's the best dabbing upgrade IMO. Especially when paired with a constant heat source, perfect hits for the entire session and no reheat needed.

I have a Vrod I never use because the sapphire setup is so much better.

Oh I don't like to reheat any of them, I think all dabs have to be one hitters really, otherwise taste is awful, I don't know... we'll see if I can change that tune! Edit: I think I also misunderstood, yeah with a torch you have to keep reheating, with the Sai it is on demand... So Enail is just constantly onband consistent, especially good if you are settling in for a session or a whole day!

Green Kiwi

But, the strain Golden Goat... whoa. I save that strain for when I need a heavy hitter.
@notams , never heard of this strain before, and google was useless.
Can you tell me more about this strain please?
Sounds like something I like to grow in the bush.(especially because you have to be a goat to get up the bush here locally....Lol:lol:).
gennetics and percentage is what I really would like to know of.
thanks in advance, Ka Kite.

Green Kiwi,
Reactions: notams

Shit Snacks

@notams , never heard of this strain before, and google was useless.
Can you tell me more about this strain please?
Sounds like something I like to grow in the bush.(especially because you have to be a goat to get up the bush here locally....Lol:lol:).
gennetics and percentage is what I really would like to know of.
thanks in advance, Ka Kite.

You need to up your Google game my man, just type the name of the strain followed by the word strain ;)
Had this one over 5 years ago on a trip to Denver, good stuff!

Shit Snacks,

Green Kiwi

Thanks @Shit Snacks ,! 🙏 .
Strain was the part I missed, my mistake..
Oooh, shit clone only........being down here in nz not a chance.
Still very keen on laying my hands on this strain though.
if anyone did manage to bring this strain to nz in their ass, please let me know by p.p.
much love to us all!here on FC:freak::leaf:.
Viva FC!

passenger

is this thing on?
@Paperback Writer
I am using a Dynavap most of the time as it is fast, reliable and efficient and I microdose with it. I also like using the Vapman. And I am very happy mixing in the Vapbong, it's such a breathe of tasty convection vapor that I can only agree with all who suggest it for you. It needs to heat soak for best maybe 20 minutes but then you can micro(or macro)dose the way you need to. It's easier to clean like a Vapcap, that is absolutely amazing if you use it a lot. Just buy a bottlebrush and it's clean in a minute or two.

stinkytofus

Thank you for saying this. It's not mentioned enough and so easily overlooked. I forget it myself most of the time.

You want a heavy hitter? You gotta start with quality cannabis. THAT might be a solution right there. I'm either immune or overly tolerant (I have a neurological disorder) to 'euphoric' effects of cannabis. But, the strain Golden Goat... whoa. I save that strain for when I need a heavy hitter.

Great post for this context @stinkytofus
What i like to do is have different strains at hand
Also taking a break 2-4 times a week increases potency, taking it everyday is a little OD and decreases the effects, less is more imo
Im trying out monday to thursdays no cannabis and enjoy myself from friday to sunday once a day, or one day vape next day break and vice versa
A little self control + tbreak + good buds + using a device that extracts very well is the key for max enjoyment
If i want to go crazy i do edibles and vape at same time

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
@Green Kiwi don't hold me to this but there is a breeder in Colorado called irie genetics. I believe he produced some golden goat seeds by reversing and subsequently selfing it. I don't believe his seeds are available outside of the us though but maybe if you know someone who could send you some?

Paperback Writer

@Paperback Writer
I am using a Dynavap most of the time as it is fast, reliable and efficient and I microdose with it. I also like using the Vapman. And I am very happy mixing in the Vapbong, it's such a breathe of tasty convection vapor that I can only agree with all who suggest it for you. It needs to heat soak for best maybe 20 minutes but then you can micro(or macro)dose the way you need to. It's easier to clean like a Vapcap, that is absolutely amazing if you use it a lot. Just buy a bottlebrush and it's clean in a minute or two.

@passenger you def know where I am coming from and I appreciate your two cents, sounds right up my alley. Patiently waiting to here about more being available, reminds of a Lou Reed song "...The one thing you learn is you always got to wait..."

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
The Heat Island is a great option but my first choice for a heavy hitter desktop undoubtedly would be the non hands free Vapor Brothers, perhaps with the mini whip option. Simple, elegant, forceful, direct, yet humble and understated. Same basic design as when invented in 1999. Still has a strong cult following. Second choice would be the Silver Surfer. Second in spite of the fact that it's in some ways an upgrade and redesign of the whip vaporizer but it is more prone to easy repairable issues while the VB is more invincible because it's more simple. All three great choices, all three USA made.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The Heat Island is a great option but my first choice for a heavy hitter desktop undoubtedly would be the non hands free Vapor Brothers, perhaps with the mini whip option. Simple, elegant, forceful, direct, yet humble and understated. Same basic design as when invented in 1999. Still has a strong cult following. Second choice would be the Silver Surfer. Second in spite of the fact that it's in some ways an upgrade and redesign of the whip vaporizer but it is more prone to easy repairable issues while the VB is more invincible because it's more simple. All three great choices, all three USA made.

My first vape was a knock off Vapor Bro’s style box vape my cousin gave me, one of the cheap ones from eBay with the temperature screen. After one hit from it I knew I had been doing it wrong and switched to vaping. Hooked my first bong up to it too.

Forever grateful for it, though I regret never having tried the real deal.

kadjo

The vapbong looks like a stunning piece, but, it's also almost $200 more than an ssv or other mentioned desktop vapes. I appreciate the hand made aspect and uniqueness to the VB, but are you really getting $200 more vaping experience?

A little off topic, and not putting anything down, I'm genuinely curious.

Also want to double back on the OP comment about not wanting lots of wires and such with little kids. Accidents happen, and I'd be very sad if a VB was to hit the ground. A much more expensive accident than some of the other vapes named.

Don't know why or how to quantify, but it's worth it. There hasn't been a day I regretted my VB.

As for a low key desktop with kids, Eds tnt woodscents: beautiful, small, easy to stash on a desk in a mug or drawer, durable, low voltage, single cord can be plugged in with lamp and computer bundle. Keep a few stems and a bubbler in a drawer and your in business.

Best of all, it's an actual aroma therapy device! A few drops in the provided cup before and after your session and you're clear.

*Pro tip use tweezers and have something to set the hot glass aroma cup on when switching for use.

(HI also great most logs would work)

Last edited:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
My first vape was a knock off Vapor Bro’s style box vape my cousin gave me, one of the cheap ones from eBay with the temperature screen. After one hit from it I knew I had been doing it wrong and switched to vaping. Hooked my first bong up to it too.

Forever grateful for it, though I regret never having tried the real deal.
yeah i used to have a generic box vape, it was called vapor warez. it was fine, I had many great sessions with it, and it was eventually donated to Vito's vaporizer charity, but the vapor bros is a significantly better vaporizer.

Top Bottom