Heavy Hitter Desktop Advice

notams

toke down Babylon
I'm not trying to bend anyone's arm to convince them Vapbongs are amazing or putting down any other device. I'm just a fan and I'm gushing. Skip this post if you don't care about Vapbongs.

I suppose kid-friendly is an important consideration. However, most folks with weed, kids, and bongs have most likely worked out the mechanics. FWIW - I think it's a very safe option - no glass or flames.

Really keep in mind, the VB is a desktop unit. As in: it's not portable. At all. I've read of guys moving it from room to room and such. Bad idea in my opinion. Mine doesn't ever move.

Cost is definitely a consideration. Consider this though... no need to buy a separate water piece, no need to buy connectors or anything to "make it work" with water. No need to buy a carrying case, a charger, a back up battery or any "extra" parts. No skins, no wraps, no "upgrades" are even available. No dosing capsules. No choice between titanium glass or steel mouthpieces.

Yeah, they're expensive. So, are Ferraris and Toyotas rarely go as fast as them.

Kins

Can these be passed like a regular bong?. I only ask because you said not move them @notams It just seems like a dinosaur in a sea of new technology. A very simple device for an extremely expensive price. They are intriguing though. Anything hand made is usually more expensive that their machine-made counterparts. So yeah now I kind of want one. I just bought two though so I don't know when I'll be able to get an expensive Vapbong.

notams

toke down Babylon
@Kins Can they be passed like a bong? For all intents and purposes - no. The op is disinclined to whips. So, I did not mention them. However, I use a whip 100% of the time with mine...

Wait, wait, sorry. There's a thread on here about VBs. I'm lousy at posting links. Sorry OP. Don't want to derail this.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Can these be passed like a regular bong?. I only ask because you said not move them @notams It just seems like a dinosaur in a sea of new technology. A very simple device for an extremely expensive price. They are intriguing though. Anything hand made is usually more expensive that their machine-made counterparts. So yeah now I kind of want one. I just bought two though so I don't know when I'll be able to get an expensive Vapbong.

Yeah you can totally pass it, and they're not impossibly heavy to hold if you have good arms, but easier to pass by sliding on the table sitting on a coaster or trivet... But yeah if something has a cord you want to be mindful of passing it, even though logs are small that is something to keep in mind with them as well, frankly any desktop that is not a bad blower or natural whip (but yeah you can use a whip with VB of course)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: arb

notams

toke down Babylon
Yeah, I shouldn't say "no. Can't be passed". It can be. Just not as easily as "....to the left bro'... to the left"

Hey @Paperback Writer is sharing important?

Edit: well, yes. I KNOW "sharing" is important. My mommy did a good job. I meant, "Is sharing your desktop vaporizer with your friends in the room / table by passing it around important?"

Kins

Yeah, I shouldn't say "no. Can't be passed". It can be. Just not as easily as "....to the left bro'... to the left"

Hey @Paperback Writer is sharing important?

Edit: well, yes. I KNOW "sharing" is important. My mommy did a good job. I meant, "Is sharing your desktop vaporizer with your friends in the room / table by passing it around important?"

Nah I just share with the wife. So yeah it is important to share with her.

cvs8floz

Howdy everyone! Hope life is treating you fine people well.

I am a connoisseur of the kind and look for a fine desktop device. I currently use my Lotus, Dynvaps, and Bricks exclusively due to convenience, but would like to get some opinions on which way I should go. My first vape was a Volcano classic that I retired about 8 years ago and then made my way to butane vapes. I tried a Plenty and Mighty, but vaped those forward as the heat up time killed me and preferred the speediness of the butane type vapes.

I cant do vapes with lots of wires and such, due to my youngens so I stopped looking at the Flowerpot, E43, herborizer....I then read about the Ditanium which sounds cool, just trying to wrap my head around using a whip, not necessarily my fav. I started to think about the Volcano Hybrid as I didn't mind the bag and it had options, but that price :/

How do the previously mentioned vapes compare to other desktop such as enano etc? Are there others that I am missing?

Thank you in advance!
Just read the whole thread and feel that the eNano is by far your best choice, it only has 1 cord, is small and can be concealed behind almost anything on a desk or shelf, can be left on indefinitely and is instantly available, delivers 1 or 2 monster hits per bowl bigger than anything I can handle comfortably, so "calories" or power are non-issues, and is about as efficient as vapes get. On the flip side, you constantly have to dump and reload, and the used material has to be dug out of the bowl every time you empty it, not easy to use when you are not sitting at a desk or table.

What @notams said. The VapBong is the best vaporizer I've ever used. Personally, I find it safe, but I don't have kids or pets running around, and I'm very careful with my stuff. The open airflow is an absolute joy, especially coming from my previous daily driver, the Woodscents. I LOVE the fact that it's self contained and the only thing I'll ever replace are screens, which happen to be standard size and dirt cheap online. No expensive CCDs or water pipe adapters here. Just a beast of a vape.

Kins

What @notams said. The VapBong is the best vaporizer I've ever used. Personally, I find it safe, but I don't have kids or pets running around, and I'm very careful with my stuff. The open airflow is an absolute joy, especially coming from my previous daily driver, the Woodscents. I LOVE the fact that it's self contained and the only thing I'll ever replace are screens, which happen to be standard size and dirt cheap online. No expensive CCDs or water pipe adapters here. Just a beast of a vape.

How do you pay?. I placed an order but the only payment method listed was "bank transfer". Then I read somewhere on the website they don't recommend that method if you are ordering from the US like myself. Emailed and asked but figured I'd ask here also.

Kins,

Shit Snacks

How do you pay?. I placed an order but the only payment method listed was "bank transfer". Then I read somewhere on the website they don't recommend that method if you are ordering from the US like myself. Emailed and asked but figured I'd ask here also.

VB? I paid with bank transfer from US, twice, very simple no problems, this was before they offered credit card on the website though... I suggest you head over to the vapbong thread where you will probably get more help and find more info already there!

Shit Snacks,

daoist

Well if you want heavy hitters you definately need to consider full convection vapes. I have a mighty, an Arizer extreme Q with glass filters and two herborizers.

Mighty and Volcano Hybrid are both hybrids so they have a different signature as you would get from full convection and are designed for fast extraction. So if you want all the herbs in 10 to 15 minutes then these are for you. Conduction is also for fast extraction, because your herbs will be heated all the time and you basicly have to hit it as fast as you can.

The Full convection vapes such as herborizer XL or extreme Q are full convection and in general extract slower and are more for longer session type of vaporizers. You just put it in the corner, leave it on with a whip on it and take a hit when you feel you need a hit. And only when you take a hit the herbs get heated.

To give you an idea: I think the volcano hybrid can extract 0.5 gram in 1 or 2 bags. The extreme Q extracts maybe 6 to 8 bags over a much longer period of time (can be hours if you like). So it is important to think about how fast you want your extraction. very fast? you take conduction or hybrid. Or Slower extraction, you just just put it next to the couch or computer and enjoy it for hours (that is my personal preferred method).

I also prefer the flavour from both extreme q (with glass filter) and herborizer over the mighty. I cannot vouch for the Volcano hybrid because i have never tried it, but i cannot imagine it is as good as a herborizer.. The mghty is not to bad, but it is not as good as my glass filtered extreme q or herborizer.

There is an episode of the troy and jerry show that discuss heavy hitters. You may want to check out that episode at your convenience.

Last edited:

justcametomind

VB can be temporarily disconnected from AC adapter while passing and hitting it. It takes a long while for the heater to cool down.
A different solution would be a Verdamper, also available only in EU.
If you are on a tight budget and already have a waterpipe you can get just the bowl and the heating element (other than the AC adapter, but any 7-12V one is fine). Heater is 170€, bowl is 35/45€.

Last edited:

daoist

yes some convection vapes can do fast extraction, but generally speaking the idea behind a convection vape is that
they are designed to only hit the herbs with heat if you inhale. So of course you can inhale as fast and as many times as you like, but you don't have to, you can also wait an hour before you hit it again or 2 days. On convection vapes, it usually also depends on how the bowl gets pre heated, or if you use a cold bowl, if you like low or high temps etc.

But if you hit a mighty it kind of forces you to hit it fast because of the induction bowl will cook your herbs right away, and if you don't hit it more vape will get lost and just escapes through the mouthpiece.

They are just two different styles of vaping. So that was basicly my advise. I may have phrased it a bit poor.

Last edited:

Paperback Writer

Im a Rastaman not a Dreadlock
What lovely commentary and input! I almost responded yesterday, but I wanted to wait and hear you aficionados discuss the options here. I really appreciate everyone taking the time

@notams I usually fly solo or with my partner, but when we handle together we usually are right next to each other so its a non issue.

Really it makes me reflect when I first started my vaporizing journey back in the early 2000s with my vapolution and the lack of options....What a time to be alive!!!

I have a pretty secure area where there is no risk of tripping on wires and whatnot, I just can't have it take up the entire desk and look like a science experiment, although I understand that to fine-tune my rips, sometimes that is necessary. When my little one is off to college then maybe I can get back to one of these setups 🤞

I def appreciate the ability to take a massive rip or sip slow.

@cvs8floz thanks for the rec, I have been thinking about these style vapes as they seem so reliable and consistent

@justcametomind I appreciate your recommendation! I never thought about the verdamper and I will look into it

This is a 420 gift to myself :) Leaning heavily towards the Vapbong

Last edited:

west-elec

Art of Vapor have had their banking credit setup cancelled and can't take payments atm. Hope they are up again in time for your 420 gift, and even if they are you will have to wait unless you get an art piece. This option might not be quickest.

notams

toke down Babylon
.... what is more important is the quality of your buds
Thank you for saying this. It's not mentioned enough and so easily overlooked. I forget it myself most of the time.

You want a heavy hitter? You gotta start with quality cannabis. THAT might be a solution right there. I'm either immune or overly tolerant (I have a neurological disorder) to 'euphoric' effects of cannabis. But, the strain Golden Goat... whoa. I save that strain for when I need a heavy hitter.

Great post for this context @stinkytofus

Alexis

Howdy everyone! Hope life is treating you fine people well.

I am a connoisseur of the kind and look for a fine desktop device. I currently use my Lotus, Dynvaps, and Bricks exclusively due to convenience, but would like to get some opinions on which way I should go. My first vape was a Volcano classic that I retired about 8 years ago and then made my way to butane vapes. I tried a Plenty and Mighty, but vaped those forward as the heat up time killed me and preferred the speediness of the butane type vapes.

I cant do vapes with lots of wires and such, due to my youngens so I stopped looking at the Flowerpot, E43, herborizer....I then read about the Ditanium which sounds cool, just trying to wrap my head around using a whip, not necessarily my fav. I started to think about the Volcano Hybrid as I didn't mind the bag and it had options, but that price :/

How do the previously mentioned vapes compare to other desktop such as enano etc? Are there others that I am missing?

Thank you in advance!
Silver surfer may be worthy of consideration. The Super Surfer is highly appreciated too.

delicatebunting

The Vapbong is great, but it's also a custom $500 ceramic piece. You drop either the ball or a child/pet knocks over the Vapbong, you're out of commission and repairs/replacement aren't cheap.

Initial heat-sink is 10+ minutes. The heater gets very hot - you'll burn yourself if you do much more than lightly graze it. It's kind of awkward to hold/use because of the very-hot heater.

I've gone through a Plenty, Mighty, Volcano Hybrid, Ed's TNT, Flowerpot, Stache Rio, and VapBong.

Honestly, given your situation, I think your best option is still the Volcano. Not a risk with children/pets, heats quickly, great performance.

Alternate recommendation is a log vape (Ed's TNT was my personal endgame for flower).

Log vapes (Ed's TNT/Underdog/Enano) are more known for efficiency, but you can speed through bowls for greater effect. Log vapes, like the Vapbong, also have an initial heat-sink/warm-up time. But you can leave log vapes on all the time and the only exposed hot element is the heater recessed below the walls of the vape.

If you want to go straight to the moon, pick up a Stache Rio, and use it as needed.

Shit Snacks

The Vapbong is great, but it's also a custom $500 ceramic piece. You drop either the ball or a child/pet knocks over the Vapbong, you're out of commission and repairs/replacement aren't cheap.

Just have to say the ceramic is extremely durable, it's not out of commission if you drop the ball, in the thread that only happened to two people as far as I know... It is also very stable and not something that a pet or child could easily knock over at all... I also do not think repairs are that expensive?

Initial heat-sink is 10+ minutes. The heater gets very hot - you'll burn yourself if you do much more than lightly graze it. It's kind of awkward to hold/use because of the very-hot heater.

It is also not that easy to burn yourself, easy to keep the hot part away from you, and not awkward to hold or use because of it... The thing that made it awkward to hold and use for me, was the carb holes, so I always had mine covered, and now the bandits do not have them at all anymore... So yeah :2c:

delicatebunting

Just have to say the ceramic is extremely durable, it's not out of commission if you drop the ball, in the thread that only happened to two people as far as I know... It is also very stable and not something that a pet or child could easily knock over at all... I also do not think repairs are that expensive?

I wouldn't trust survival from desk-height to hardwood floor (my situation). Maybe carpet would provide some relief, but compared to a wooden log vape or the hard-plastic Plenty/Mighty, Vapbong is decidedly more delicate.

The Vapbong weighs less than 3-lbs, has unfortunate weight distribution (heater ball adds a lot of weight halfway up the device), and could easily be knocked over by a cat walking on your desk or a child pulling on the power cord. Compared to the Volcano, which is stubborn to movement.

It is also not that easy to burn yourself, easy to keep the hot part away from you, and not awkward to hold or use because of it... The thing that made it awkward to hold and use for me, was the carb holes, so I always had mine covered, and now the bandits do not have them at all anymore... So yeah :2c:

I only have experience with my Vapbong, not with the bandits.

To handle my Vapbong, I have my left thumb covering the carb hole, left hand wrapped around left of the bong. I'd like to have my left index finger higher, but do not because of the heater temperature. The angle that I have to hold the bong and how I have to hunch over to draw, it's not the most intrinsically comfortable experience.

It's also incredibly easy to accidentally touch the heater, especially if it's someone unfamiliar with the device and you leave it on all the time.

I love the Vapbong, but it all comes down to opinion and fit. If I were to start over from scratch, the Vapbong would probably still be 2-3 vapes down the list.

Paperback Writer

Im a Rastaman not a Dreadlock
milaana 2
sticky brick maxx
vapexhale
vapbong
newvape

lots more, what is more important is the quality of your buds

@stinkytofus thanks for your recommendations!

milaana 2 - Ive tried RBTs offerings, but my liking
sticky brick maxx - Have a brick style and prefer my Lotus
vapexhale - Feel weird about paying $$$ for old device
vapbong - Interested
newvape - Not interested

I am a quality over quantity type of fella. Me herbs aren't a concern

Paperback Writer,
Top Bottom