Heavy Hitter Desktop Advice

Paperback Writer

Im a Rastaman not a Dreadlock
Howdy everyone! Hope life is treating you fine people well.

I am a connoisseur of the kind and look for a fine desktop device. I currently use my Lotus, Dynvaps, and Bricks exclusively due to convenience, but would like to get some opinions on which way I should go. My first vape was a Volcano classic that I retired about 8 years ago and then made my way to butane vapes. I tried a Plenty and Mighty, but vaped those forward as the heat up time killed me and preferred the speediness of the butane type vapes.

I cant do vapes with lots of wires and such, due to my youngens so I stopped looking at the Flowerpot, E43, herborizer....I then read about the Ditanium which sounds cool, just trying to wrap my head around using a whip, not necessarily my fav. I started to think about the Volcano Hybrid as I didn't mind the bag and it had options, but that price :/

How do the previously mentioned vapes compare to other desktop such as enano etc? Are there others that I am missing?

Thank you in advance!

Paperback Writer

Underdog Alpha log.
Thanks for your rec arb! What made you choose the Underdog compared to other logs out there? Have you tried any of the vapes I mentioned for comparison? Finally, how is the vapor density? I really like the idea of having this badboy on 24/7 for when I can escape to the shed.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Thanks for your rec arb! What made you choose the Underdog compared to other logs out there? Have you tried any of the vapes I mentioned for comparison? Finally, how is the vapor density? I really like the idea of having this badboy on 24/7 for when I can escape to the shed.
I like it more than what's been mentioned except for the Vapdong I haven't tried that one yet.

Texus

Yeah, VapBpong is a great choice. I've never experience such excellent and effortless airflow in all my years of vaping/smoking.

I am also a fan of the Ditanium, and do not usually use it with the whip. I either user the DDave adapter wand kit, or the Sneaky Pete/Great North curved glass piece.

Underdog Alpha log.
My understanding is that for most log vapes, the airflow can be a bit more restricted. "milkshake thru a straw" is often mentioned. BUT I do not know if that applies to all of this type of design. To my mind, Ed's TNT stands out among those options due to their use/compatibity with Dynavaps, and their heater (updated late 2019 IIRC). But Underdog and e-Nano certainly have their fans and compelling reasons to go with them.

Paperback Writer

My understanding is that for most log vapes, the airflow can be a bit more restricted. "milkshake thru a straw" is often mentioned. BUT I do not know if that applies to all of this type of design. To my mind, Ed's TNT stands out among those options due to their use/compatibity with Dynavaps, and their heater (updated late 2019 IIRC). But Underdog and e-Nano certainly have their fans and compelling reasons to go with them.
Thanks Texus! You brought up great points and that milkshake reference is what contributes to my dynavap avoidance. It was in my rotation solidly for a few years but once I got the Nova, the wide open feeling is what I gravitated towards

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Well because you left it out, I have to mention heat island, because it does not have that milkshake problem, there are four or five different versions that can be made, exotic customs on the long wait list, or ready made basic wood and bamboo options that are extremely reasonably priced as well... there's a very large variety of stem options, so that affects the draw more than anything else really... OP had expressed distaste for having a bunch of cords, and when I use my HI they are with his VVPS, both very small on my table, but that is a couple cords, then another that plugs into the wall... Vapbong/bandit plug into a basic VVPS as well, I keep it on the floor wrapped up with the plug though, then it just is one plug that goes up to my table plugging into the base. They can all be left on 24/7, but the VB has capability for much larger bowls since I have the smaller log size, also the VB is nice because the water is all in one piece and I have personally love ceramic though wood and glass is of course a very nice as well!

arb

Semi shaved ape
I have all those and the Alpha is wide open and a much larger bowl.

howie105

If you are satisfied with the draw of the Dynavap you will have no problem with the E-Nano and I suspect other log options either. If you want an always on vape check the ELEV8R/7th Floor line of desktops. The LSV (if you can find one) the Silver Surfer or Da Buddha they are all built like trucks and good hitters once you get a feel for them.

Last edited:

Texus

Well because you left it out, I have to mention heat island, because it does not have that milkshake problem, there are four or five different versions that can be made, exotic customs on the long wait list, or ready made basic wood and bamboo options that are extremely reasonably priced as well... there's a very large variety of stem options, so that affects the draw more than anything else really... OP had expressed distaste for having a bunch of cords, and when I use my HI they are with his VVPS, both very small on my table, but that is a couple cords, then another that plugs into the wall... Vapbong/bandit plug into a basic VVPS as well, I keep it on the floor wrapped up with the plug though, then it just is one plug that goes up to my table plugging into the base. They can all be left on 24/7, but the VB has capability for much larger bowls since I have the smaller log size, also the VB is nice because the water is all in one piece and I have personally love ceramic though wood and glass is of course a very nice as well!
Thanks for the Heat Island mention. It crossed my mind too (and is high on my list of potential purchases), but I have a mental block on that log's name...

nonamekevin

If you are satisfied with the draw of the Dynavap you will have no problem with the E-Nano and I suspect other log options either. If you want an always on vape check the ELEV8R/7th Floor line of desktops. The LSV if you can find one or the Silver Surfer or Da Buddha. Built like trucks and good hitters once you get a feel for them.
Second this, if OP doesn't want to use a whip, the LSV is a good choice. If open to using a whip, SSV without a doubt.

:rockon:

notams

toke down Babylon
I've tried a lot of expensive and fancy desktops. Pretty much every one mentioned here. My all time best #1 is Vapbong.

Top reasons (in no particular order):

It's also a beautiful piece of art
Pure convection
A truly unique, personal vaporizer
Lowest maintenance device I've ever owned
Cleanest most open airway of all time
Most quiet (dry is silent - take that Volcano)
Small or huge loads make zero difference
On & ready to go 24/7. Zero warm up time
Easiest learning curve of any device

There are no attachments to buy ever, no consumables, nothing ever wears out or breaks down. No rabbit hole of options and endless modifications. Very straightforward and simple device.

Not one button, switch, light, vibration, or click to begin or end a session - just sit down, rip huge clouds of marshmallows for 30 minutes just chewing on a gram's worth of vapor and choking on the vast production of flavor and clouds. Then, just tip a little porcelain bowl of AVB into the bin and you're done. Zero combustion, not even close to combustion after a 5 or 6 days' use to dial it in.

Water coled on demand vape with bowl sizes from 0.10 to 2.5 gr with no equipment changes or attachments to take on or take off. And, yes you read that right: 2+ grams per load if you want. You asked for heavy? You're welcome.

Paperback Writer

I've tried a lot of expensive and fancy desktops. Pretty much every one mentioned here. My all time best #1 is Vapbong.

Pure convection

There are no attachments to buy ever, no consumables, nothing ever wears out or breaks down. No rabbit hole of options and endless modifications. Very straightforward and simple device.

Not one button, switch, light, vibration, or click to begin or end a session - just sit down, rip huge clouds of marshmallows for 30 minutes just chewing on a gram's worth of vapor and choking on the vast production of flavor and clouds. Then, just tip a little porcelain bowl of AVB into the bin and you're done. Zero combustion, not even close to combustion after a 5 or 6 days' use to dial it in.

Water coled on demand vape with bowl sizes from 0.10 to 2.5 gr with no equipment changes or attachments to take on or take off. And, yes you read that right: 2+ grams per load if you want. You asked for heavy? You're welcome.

Wow @notams ! Quite the compelling argument and thanks for adding your opinion, you definitely make the Vapbong very attractive!

Kins

Pure convection

Damn now I want one!.

nonamekevin

Pure convection

The vapbong looks like a stunning piece, but, it's also almost $200 more than an ssv or other mentioned desktop vapes. I appreciate the hand made aspect and uniqueness to the VB, but are you really getting $200 more vaping experience?

A little off topic, and not putting anything down, I'm genuinely curious.

Also want to double back on the OP comment about not wanting lots of wires and such with little kids. Accidents happen, and I'd be very sad if a VB was to hit the ground. A much more expensive accident than some of the other vapes named.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The vapbong looks like a stunning piece, but, it's also almost $200 more than an ssv or other mentioned desktop vapes. I appreciate the hand made aspect and uniqueness to the VB, but are you really getting $200 more vaping experience?

A little off topic, and not putting anything down, I'm genuinely curious.

Also want to double back on the OP comment about not wanting lots of wires and such with little kids. Accidents happen, and I'd be very sad if a VB was to hit the ground. A much more expensive accident than some of the other vapes named.

Ceramic is pretty durable, all depends how and where you place it too, but yeah the simplicity of the VB on top of the artisan style and premium vapor, sets it above SSV imo! I also have heat islands, used to have underdog and LSV and Cloud Evo before..

Texus

Yes, yes you are. An incredible vape experience if the description by @notams appeals to you.

And yes the heating element is hot so something to think about with the kiddo.

west-elec

Kid friendly and hard hitter desktop is actually a little difficult, especially if you consider whips with glass wand on the end 'wires and such...' All the best seem to have exposed hot bits and cords to pull/trip. If whips are ok then upgrade the SSV, LSV or DBV with boro or ruby balls and you are right up there with the biggest.
The Vapbong probably isn't any more kid friendly than a flowerpot. Hot surfaces, hot power supply, loose breakable ball, which is a disaster if broken- unless you live in Germany you'll have to mail it all overseas for rebuilding the broken ball.
I hesitate to recommend it because it isn't strictly a desktop and recommending it is getting a bit overdone, but the Tafee Bowle is a pretty hard hitter that is as safe as you could get with children. Maybe not quite as massive clouds as some of the coil based vapes but a large upgrade from what you have been using.
It's more a cordless for around the home due to short battery life, but if your sessions are 4 or 5 bowls max. it should cover you ok. Then have a safe area where you charge it between uses, so it's always ready and the only cords are away from little fingers.

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
Yes, yes you are. An incredible vape experience if the description by @notams appeals to you.

And yes the heating element is hot so something to think about with the kiddo.
I agree with all of this.

That said, my girlfriend and company are quite child-like in their confidence around hot objects (sharp ones too!) to the point where a torch or e-nail horrifies them. The vapbong is the only heavy hitter I could see them operating solo.

My neighbors are heavy smokers and after long deliberation the Vapbong seems like the only safe heavy hitter fit for their cluttered pet-filled apartment. They are using my flipbrick until they secure a VB.

Yes it's got a hot ball, but it won't blister your skin immediately, and the vvps doesn't get super hot (unless you are Troy and run your VB as hot as possible, lol).

Idk, my two cents. I know that the aesthetics helps me sneak it past my girlfriend, but it's truly one of the safest vapes at it's power range. The alternatives that come to mind would not pass the girlfriend test for me, on safety alone.

Top Bottom