Multi-brand HEALTHY RIPS FURY

vapmanjoe

I tried a little piece of morrocan hash on top of some flower and springend some more flower on top and it works really good on the highest setting. You could see the hash bubble after the first two hits. you have to be carefull not to mess up with the bowl although. Gave up to count the number of tasty draws, i needed almost two heat cycles to finish one bowl. :drool: yummy

Last edited:
@OyVape Sorry. :) I'm pretty good with a computer but my phone skills are definitely lacking.

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you save it? On a PC that would go to your cache and you could see the pic. Not sure on a phone.

Are you Android or Apple? If you're android, I'll try it on my phone and see if I can figure it out.

Hackerman,

OyVape

@OyVape Sorry. :) I'm pretty good with a computer but my phone skills are definitely lacking.

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you save it? On a PC that would go to your cache and you could see the pic. Not sure on a phone.

Are you Android or Apple? If you're android, I'll try it on my phone and see if I can figure it out.

iphone and macbook pro so Apple.

OyVape,

Bookfellow

I haven't been using it much, but I got the Fury 2 bubbler during the 420 sale. I've not had any problem before; used it, rinsed it, put it in with some dessicant packs, and it was all nice and clean.

This time, not so much. Maybe it's the increased humidity, maybe I was too heavily medicated to do a good job. Whatever the reason, I've got stuff in the bubbler, right above the glass screen. It looks like mildew, but it's a very light green rather than the green/black color that mildew usually has. Whatever the case, I let it soak overnight it a solution of bleach and water...and this didn't help at all.

Any suggestions about how to properly and thoroughly clean my bubbler? Can't get a brush in there, clearly, and I'm sure that it'll break fairly easily in my clumsy hands.

shredder

I haven't been using it much, but I got the Fury 2 bubbler during the 420 sale. I've not had any problem before; used it, rinsed it, put it in with some dessicant packs, and it was all nice and clean.

This time, not so much. Maybe it's the increased humidity, maybe I was too heavily medicated to do a good job. Whatever the reason, I've got stuff in the bubbler, right above the glass screen. It looks like mildew, but it's a very light green rather than the green/black color that mildew usually has. Whatever the case, I let it soak overnight it a solution of bleach and water...and this didn't help at all.

Any suggestions about how to properly and thoroughly clean my bubbler? Can't get a brush in there, clearly, and I'm sure that it'll break fairly easily in my clumsy hands.

The best I've seen for cleaning glass is pbw. It's actually for cleaning beer making equipment. I finally cleaned my two fritted disk bong after many tries with ISO, simple green, grunge out, orange cleaner. Those fritted disks are an absolute pain to get clean, especially between the two disks, but no problemo for pbw. Btw I got pbw off amazon, it's a powder you mix with water.

Hammahead

you have to be carefull not to mess up with the bowl

That's where the HRF2 glass adapter might come in handy. Will try this a little later in the day with some abv plus skuff. Just bought the adpater and it fits the Fenix mini as well.

I've got stuff in the bubbler, right above the glass screen. It looks like mildew, but it's a very light green rather than the green/black color that mildew usually has.
Just a wild guess but that might be scale, so maybe try something acidic, like vinegar or a regular descaler. I use vinegar essence every some 5 times I clean my glass piece. I start with the classic iso/salt/hot water procedure and then I rinse it with the vinegar extract and then with water. Just as new.

Last edited:

Popcorn Lung

How's it going FC?

After reading all the great reviews on here about the Fury 2 I decided to pull the trigger. So two weeks ago I made the purchase for the Fury 2 off of the Healthy Rips website.

I picked the glass mouth piece and small bubbler with it. I also ordered the capsules.

Shipping was fast and I recived the Fury 2 about three days later.

I've only used the glass mouthpiece at this point but on Saturday I started up the Fury 2. I set the temp to 160 and a small amount of smoke came out of the oven vents (mouthpiece was off so I could use the glass mouthpiece). Additionally a burning plastic smell followed after the smoke. I turned off the Fury and waited a few minutes and tried it again. No smoke but a small burning plastic smell was still coming from the oven vents.

I turned it off put it aside and just used my DBV.

Well last night I decided to try it again and started the Fury 2 and it still has this burning plastic smell coming out of the oven.

Anyone else experience this? Could some erb have managed to get into the oven vents even thought I use the glass mouthpiece and I insert the Fury 2 upside down? I was fearful of erb getting into the vent so I've never used the glass mouthpiece like a straw.

Any feedback would be appreicated. Thanks everyone!

Popcorn Lung,

Kurtdigglur

Long draws
@Popcorn Lung Mine took about 5 bowls to get rid of the plastic. You’ should try an ISO q tip on it then burn off. Yours is normal. I think companies put some kind of weird finish on them in the factory.

shredder

How's it going FC?

After reading all the great reviews on here about the Fury 2 I decided to pull the trigger. So two weeks ago I made the purchase for the Fury 2 off of the Healthy Rips website.

I picked the glass mouth piece and small bubbler with it. I also ordered the capsules.

Shipping was fast and I recived the Fury 2 about three days later.

I've only used the glass mouthpiece at this point but on Saturday I started up the Fury 2. I set the temp to 160 and a small amount of smoke came out of the oven vents (mouthpiece was off so I could use the glass mouthpiece). Additionally a burning plastic smell followed after the smoke. I turned off the Fury and waited a few minutes and tried it again. No smoke but a small burning plastic smell was still coming from the oven vents.

I turned it off put it aside and just used my DBV.

Well last night I decided to try it again and started the Fury 2 and it still has this burning plastic smell coming out of the oven.

Anyone else experience this? Could some erb have managed to get into the oven vents even thought I use the glass mouthpiece and I insert the Fury 2 upside down? I was fearful of erb getting into the vent so I've never used the glass mouthpiece like a straw.

Any feedback would be appreicated. Thanks everyone!

Did you follow the instructions? Mine said to do a top temp burn off before using. If you havn't you probably should. That's what I did, actually twice then cleaned with an alcohol soaked qtip, and I never had any off tastes. But if there was an off taste, I'd get with healthy rips for advice. Best of luck

Popcorn Lung

@Popcorn Lung Mine took about 5 bowls to get rid of the plastic. You’ should try an ISO q tip on it then burn off. Yours is normal. I think companies put some kind of weird finish on them in the factory.

Did you follow the instructions? Mine said to do a top temp burn off before using. If you havn't you probably should. That's what I did, actually twice then cleaned with an alcohol soaked qtip, and I never had any off tastes. But if there was an off taste, I'd get with healthy rips for advice. Best of luck

Sorry allowe me to clarify. Yes I followed the instructions. I had been using the Fury 2 for over a week before the smoke/smell happened.

Prior to Saturday I had not smelled burning plastic and the Fury 2 seemed to be working fine.

The smoke is what concerns me. I thought perhaps some erb had somehow gotten inside the oven vent and onto the heating element.

Have you all seen smoke come out of the oven vents before?

I will give it another try tonight and clean out the oven as Kurtdigglur recommended.

Popcorn Lung,
Reactions: shredder

lookhigh

FC member
Was your first time using the glass and did you clean the glass before use?
Could be some manufacturing residue left on the glass and transefered onto the bowl.
Clean the bowl and try again, if there is still a problem use the excellent CS.

Popcorn Lung

Was your first time using the glass and did you clean the glass before use?
Could be some manufacturing residue left on the glass and transefered onto the bowl.
Clean the bowl and try again, if there is still a problem use the excellent CS.

I did clean the glass out before use. I also e-mailed cs and they reassured me that the Fury 2 is still safe to use. Here's a portion of their e-mail.

"The air path is completely isolated, and the batteries are lithium polymer - the safest in the industry - so you have nothing to worry about. The light smoke and burning smell can occur occasionally depending on the material you use. It's most likely being caused by tiny microscopic pieces of material from your herb that have fallen down through the bottom of the chamber and are now in direct contact with the oven. We recommend doing a complete "burn off" cycle at the highest temperature setting."

It's good to have cs respond with this helpful information.

The first week of using the Fury 2 was a great experience. I still need to try the bubbler and the capsules. If anyone has any interest in purchainag the Fury 2 I think the FC comments say it all. Great vaping experience from a small portable vape. And their cs was helpful and informative.

Thanks to everyone who responded! This is why I love the FC community!!! You won't meet folks like this in any other forum.

koepen

SW1000R
I did clean the glass out before use. I also e-mailed cs and they reassured me that the Fury 2 is still safe to use. Here's a portion of their e-mail.

"The air path is completely isolated, and the batteries are lithium polymer - the safest in the industry - so you have nothing to worry about. The light smoke and burning smell can occur occasionally depending on the material you use. It's most likely being caused by tiny microscopic pieces of material from your herb that have fallen down through the bottom of the chamber and are now in direct contact with the oven. We recommend doing a complete "burn off" cycle at the highest temperature setting."

It's good to have cs respond with this helpful information.

The first week of using the Fury 2 was a great experience. I still need to try the bubbler and the capsules. If anyone has any interest in purchainag the Fury 2 I think the FC comments say it all. Great vaping experience from a small portable vape. And their cs was helpful and informative.

Thanks to everyone who responded! This is why I love the FC community!!! You won't meet folks like this in any other forum.

What grind do you usually use?

Try the dosing caps - these will minimize the risk of small pieces falling through the holes directly onto the heater.

I always use the dosing caps with a medium to coarse grind, packed losely, and the oven stays absolutely clean!
Never had a similar issue!

Glad, you‘re diggin your Fury 2!

Enjoy!

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
@Popcorn Lung
another try is to blow into the inlet holes a few times (without mouthpiece) - what also can happen is some dirt getting into the air inlet holes at the bottom eg in dirty pockets, or using it in really dusty environment...but as long as it don't short anything it should burn off ;)

Popcorn Lung

What grind do you usually use?

Try the dosing caps - these will minimize the risk of small pieces falling through the holes directly onto the heater.

I always use the dosing caps with a medium to coarse grind, packed losely, and the oven stays absolutely clean!
Never had a similar issue!

Glad, you‘re diggin your Fury 2!

Enjoy!

For the Fury 2 I use my Volcano's grinder. I purchased the dosing capsules but have not used the mouthpiece yet. I've had such good results with the glass mouth piece that I haven't tried the bubbler either. And yes the Fury 2 has been amazing besides my concern with smoke/smell. As a matter of fact I'm about to partake this very momment! :D

Last edited:

koepen

SW1000R
That orange grinder has a very fine grind (mine actually shed plastic, orange bits in with my weed:disgust:) and is probably causing most of your problems, do yourself a favour and get a decent grinder, you will not regret it.:tup:

Totally agree! :nod:

koepen,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Make America Grind Again

1zxwbr8.jpg

Top Bottom