1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-brand HEALTHY RIPS FURY

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by reeefermadness, May 9, 2017.

1. shredder

shredder Well-Known Member

Try it and see. I think the silicone channels the air and without it I think you'd get wispy, airy hits. But I havn't tried it. Try it and let us know.

Keystonekicks215 and Skunkport like this.
  2. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

You would have to go back about 10 pages but I remember some folks mentioning that they left the silicone ring but took the screen out, then they filled a dosing cap and stuck it so that it lodges in the ring and creates a seal. I never tried it and I can remember what the final say was on using it that way.

In regards to the purpose of the screen when using a dosing cap. I notice that my screen stays free of particles, but after a number of sessions reclaim begins to coat the screen. I guess it's a matter of preference. What doesn't get stopped by the screen would end up on the wall of the mp or going down your throat. Again, I consider reclaim to be medicine so more of to each their own.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    OF, LesPlenty, MonkeyTime and 2 others like this.
  3. Skunkport

Skunkport Well-Known Member

Looks like it seals the mouthpiece to the chamber, without that there's only the plastic on plastic contact all around the edges of the mouthpiece which has to be a little loose to clip in and out. I reckon without it you'll be pulling some air in from the edges where the mouthpiece meets the body, which means less going through your weed.

arb, OF, Polarbearboy and 3 others like this.
  4. Keystonekicks215

Keystonekicks215 Member

Thanks for all the info folks. Really appreciate it. I'll do some tinkering and report back.

5. Skunkport

Just got my capsules! :D Immediately had to test them of course.

You do need the Blue Ring.
    I tested by covering the air intake and sucking with it on and off. With it, no air flow when the intake was covered, without it, I got air flow even with the intake covered. You don't however need the metal screen in it, if you really want to remove something.

My first hit was lacking a little, I turned it up 5 degrees (celcius) to account for slightly more restricted airflow and it felt no different to using it without the capsule, except a lot cleaner chamber afterwards and easy refilling.

Neat little plastic tube container, but I found 3 capsules fit perfectly into a little keyring stash, I think the vial inside was 5ml, it's steel and screwstogether with an O ring in the middle so should be fairly smellproof/waterproof.

[​IMG]

6. Keystonekicks215

Keystonekicks215 Member

You're absolutely right. I ended up testing it out last night and found the same thing. Thanks.

BabyFacedFinster, OF and Skunkport like this.
  7. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

The only problem for me with any subjective field testing is over time the I Love Lucy Vitameatavegamin effect kicks in.

arb, OyVape, OF and 1 other person like this.
  8. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Or like Red Skelton's 'Guzzler's Gin' routine?
    Click to play YouTube Video

or, if you prefer in color:
    Click to play YouTube Video

From the days when comedians had serious skills, honed in Vaudeville. Like the Marx brothers. Today we have folks reading scripts written for them.......

Still the point that the experimenter becomes part of the experiment is well taken. Objectivity can suffer.

Holiday regards to all. This is an important one IMO. Did you know they have a '4th of July' in England too? Comes just after the 3rd.......

OF

9. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

Don't forget that today if it is NOT Filthy language it is also not funny.

Sorry for the off-topic post. Pet peeve of mine.

10. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

I could imagine Benny Hill sucking on a F2 through a J-hook, the Poms have always done the best comedy IMO. :tup:
    I think I might watch The Life Of Brian again, been a while:D

DirtyD, BabyFacedFinster and OF like this.
  11. frosty234

frosty234 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some capsules, but I'm hesitating to buy directly from HR as the additional shipping costs of 15 $ are equal to the price of the product..

Is there maybe anyone from Europe or Germany who might have 1 or 2 capsules to spare? Of course I'd pay for it + shipping :).

Sorry for abusing this thread for my request. But usually I found the FC community to be very friendly and helpful in that kind of issues.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  12. btka

btka Well-Known Member

too late I already ordered them... if I had known you would be intersted we could have ordered together...
    but send HR a messeage they will probably give you a 5 dollar discount for shipping small parts international...

LesPlenty, frosty234 and Hjalmark like this.
  13. frosty234

frosty234 Well-Known Member

Damn too bad! Seems like I'm late with that request...
    I already sent a message, thanks for the hint.
    Maybe somebody got the 3x5 capsule offer while it lasted and is willing to give a few away :). That was my hope at least.

Skunkport and btka like this.
  14. justcametomind

justcametomind IT'S TIME!

15. LesPlenty

It is more similar to the original Fury, even then though the Fury would have been superior just because of the warranty and after sale care from Healthy Rips. The F2 has slightly better interface and a lot less smelly silicone in the air path.

vaptronix, shredder, Jill NYC and 3 others like this.
  16. Skunkport

Most importantly, the Fury 2 has Overcharge Protection. Who's going to remember to take their Fenix off charge after 2 hours every time? Certainly not me after using it!

17. b0

b0 Cloudy...

Dont be cheap and buy a fury 2, it's already cheap enough and just for the CS and the better quality is worth it. Always support companies with good CS guys.

vaptronix, shredder, Faolan and 9 others like this.
  18. porlex

porlex Well-Known Member

could use some help from 1st generation arizer air or boundless cf owners. How would you compare the oven capacity from these vapes with the oven capacity of the hr fury 2? thanks

OF likes this.
  19. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Solo/Air/ArGo (all models) are basically the same capacity as F2. Depending on grind, strain, and cure say 1/4 gram? For instance, the 'dosing capsules' for F2 also fit well in Solo/Air stems. A more or less standard size, for instance the Flower Mates are in this class. VGs are in this range as well. Some, like MFLB and VapMan (a personal favorite) are about half that (1/8 gram, give or take).

There are very large differences in potency of herb, making choices based on volume questionable IMO. "You get out what you put in", there's no magic. Heat it correctly and most any vape will extract what's in the load in the process of converting herb to ABV.

OF

20. LesPlenty

I own the OG Air and the CF/x, all I will ad to the above is that my CF/x does not see much use any more, I really like my Fury2 on a bong, the CF/x was good on a bong too, just not as nice as the F2.

21. lookhigh

lookhigh waiting for the click

my boundless vapes are retired and the air was too sloooow for my condition.
    bowl size is about the same, as @OF said bowl size is not the question.
    How well it extracts is more important to me.

shredder, OF, Skunkport and 2 others like this.
  22. OyVape

OyVape Well-Known Member

i have both and i think the Fury 2 oven can hold more than the Air 1 stems. But the Air stems probably hold more than the Fury stems, which are about 10mm.

porlex likes this.
  23. Used2use

Used2use Sometimes to stupid to become a fool

Don't own a Fury, but i can't complain about the Fenix mini - no bad silicone smell or whatsoever, afaik it's from the same factory in the end, and even cheaper here ;)

24. LesPlenty

Just like a Fury1, concentrate tank that is a pita and barely worked, forgot how they upgraded in the F2 to a more industry standard pad. Don`t forget the F2 lifetime 50% replacement after normal warranty runs out.
    But I can see your point, the Fenix is very well priced.:tup:

25. Simple10

Simple10 Member, you member riiiight?

Just got my Fury2 today, this is the first factory made vape I've purchased in a long while.

Do I do the initial burnoff with or without the mouthpiece on?
    Should I also do an iso wipe before starting?

shredder likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors